The Great British League - discussion thread

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread

Wow thought my 5-5 with TNS would've been match of the day in D4 but that 6-6 looked a cracker!

Will try and do a match report tomorrow but basically a hat-trick and a man of the match performance from Geraldo plus 48 attempts were the plus points, leaky defence and losing £30k while playing at home were the negatives.

Early days yet though....! :D

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread http://www.scribd.com/doc/100166609 100 best players in the G.B.L You can click on the players name and it will take you to his profile on soccer m

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread Been a while since I've done one of these so thought I'd post for anyone curious. Some quality achievement across the piece in fairness against the op

Re: The GREAT BRITISH LEAGUE application thread! I'd be up for it, sounds fun.

Lol to put the gap that has to be bridged into context I checked the D3 crowds and the lowest was 8000+!

The other thing that occurred to me is that when SM review Championship/ League 1 the "weakest" D3 teams are in reality the best from League 1 so their ratings are more likely to go up than down....sorry guys! :o

Lol to put the gap that has to be bridged into context I checked the D3 crowds and the lowest was 8000+!

The other thing that occurred to me is that when SM review Championship/ League 1 the "weakest" D3 teams are in reality the best from League 1 so their ratings are more likely to go up than down....sorry guys! :o

All for the greater challenge :D

Wow thought my 5-5 with TNS would've been match of the day in D4 but that 6-6 looked a cracker!

Will try and do a match report tomorrow but basically a hat-trick and a man of the match performance from Geraldo plus 48 attempts were the plus points' date=' leaky defence and losing £30k while playing at home were the negatives.

Early days yet though....! :D[/quote']

Wow, one of the best games i've ever played. Usually go steady, playing at least 4 at the back and more often 5 at the back then 3. But i went with the good old 3-3-4 away from home against better opposition.

You probably should have won, with your 48 efforts but the forwards i've brought in are clinical in real life and it's happened to be the case that on this occasion they were clinical. Wimbledon star man Danny Kedwell nets a hat-trick yet doesn't take the match ball home with him, whilst Tubbs & Rendell both found the net and Bradshaw was strong throughout.

Only negative was the three week injury of star defender Jamie Green, meaning Cheltenham's Danny Andrew needs to step up to the plate at left-back.

The thing I like about this set-up is we really don't know where its gonna go.

The unknown can be a great thing sometimes......I'm Bloody loving it:D

Alloa and Hayes and Yeading serve up a cracker for the just over 1000 fans that packed into Recreation park

Alloa Athletic

-

Hayes & Yeading United

B.FERGUSON 7' date=' 28, 30

M.GILHANEY 37

A.SCOTT 59, 63

Half Time

(4 - 4) N.WEDDERBURN 14, 69

S.KOVJENIC 15

P.IGNATOVICH 42, 52

A.GADZHIBEKOV 44

First game of the season away at Alloa good points are that we scored a6 goals bad point is we let in 6 lol

Ignatovic scores 2 goals and gets 3 assists and Wedderburn scores 2 and gets an assist happy with these stats and Hopefully we get a good crowd next week at home against Dumbarton :)[/quote']

WOW! Quite happy with a draw and i'm even happier we were able to score 6. Abit worrying that we could concede 6 aswell but anyway it's early days and I've just signed a new striker which will surely rise by a good 3-5 ratings.

The offer for Marko JESIC of Newcastle Jets from Stenhousemuir has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

24 year old 72 rated W Grant Anderson packs his bags and heads to Oz and the Newcastle Jets in exchange for 21 year old 73 rated F/W Marko Jesic :D

Jesic has loads of playing time so i'm hoping for a +5 or so when Australia gets reviewed in the next few days - i can only assume big-bucks Histon who also had him short-listed are finally feeling the financial pinch which is why i had no competition.... :P

The offer for Maksym KOVALYOV of Shakhtar from Stenhousemuir has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

28 year old 74 rated F Alex Williams seals a dream move to Shakhtar, with 21 year old 78 rated D/DM Maksym Kovalyov heading to Ochilview.

Kovalyov is also getting good minutes on loan at Zoria so could reach low 80's by the time Ukraine gets reviewed again, and is versatile enough to operate in defence or midfield which will be useful depending on when rating increases occur.

That's both of my top 2 players been part-exchanged as i could get better deals than by selling for cash.

It's a race against the clock now to try and sign any more players, as after tomorrow nights away match to Barrow (and that judas Tischler! ;)) i'll be well and truly in the RED :o:)

Marko Jesic - well played sir. Got to him a bit late or you would have had competition!

Hows everyone doing financially?

Fleetwood

Transfer Fee's In - £453k

Transfers Fee's Out - £1.3m

Current Wages - £58,495

Number of Players - 23

Starting 11 Avg - 71

Made very little in the way of changes so far, aint gonna rush into anything to be honest. Only bought 3 players so far and just agreed to flog my 5th.

The players were worth £600k but mananged to get £1.3m in (guess they had a higher CV when in my squad) and have spent £453k on my three new boys, which thanks to the korean changes saw Lee rise and now worth £3.8m.

Its very much slowly slowly over here at Fleetwood, which added to the opening day victory over East Fife (home game with a crowd of 3,663 - get in there!!!) means its a pretty sunny place to be at the minute.

I know my dealing's wont be on a page with some of you - how's everyone else doing?

24 year old 72 rated W Grant Anderson packs his bags and heads to Oz and the Newcastle Jets in exchange for 21 year old 73 rated F/W Marko Jesic :D

Jesic has loads of playing time so i'm hoping for a +5 or so when Australia gets reviewed in the next few days - i can only assume big-bucks Histon who also had him short-listed are finally feeling the financial pinch which is why i had no competition.... :P

Lol , I got 4 top british fwds I really like so I let you have jeskic mate :P:p

As for feeling the the fiancial pinch I still have 1.1 million pounds but my wages are in excess of 100k a game now! :eek:

Sounds like there is a divide in D4 already, with talk of 3000+ crowds and £1m+ transfer kitties :eek:

My original plan was to sell Williams (who was my best rated player at 74) and re-invest but bringing in players meant his CV value dropped quite a bit, so i had to look for the best swap possible, kind of like what Sean did at Dumbarton with Destro.

Williams could've been sold for 400k but instead Kovalyov will have a CV of £2.6m and obviously should he rise that CV will increase.

I think the thing is that unless you're able to bring players in and not be making a loss every week, you then really have to do all your deals quickly as otherwise your money will just slowly (or not so slowly as the case may be!) get eaten away by running costs/ wages etc.

There are many different approaches to life in D4, i guess we'll see how it looks at the end of the season - which is another question altogether as i don't even know if i want to get promoted this season; biding my time in D4 for a couple of seasons to build a squad capable of surviving in D3 might be the better way to go.

Don't know if that's a sensible approach, fear, lack of ambition, or a mixture of all three! :o:eek::D

Transfer Fee's In - £1.6m

Transfers Fee's Out - £41k

Current Wages - £68,590

Number of Players - 29

Starting 11 Avg - 74

Squad Value - £8.8 million

That's how Tamworth is shaping up. The wages are too high, but there is little to be done about that and the low transfers out is due to all of the part exchanging done to get my Koreans :P.

Edit: Oh and promotion may be a good thing as our stadiums should increase in size, so even when we get relegated we will be pulling in the crowds :)