The Great British League - discussion thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread http://www.scribd.com/doc/100166609 100 best players in the G.B.L You can click on the players name and it will take you to his profile on soccer m

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread Been a while since I've done one of these so thought I'd post for anyone curious. Some quality achievement across the piece in fairness against the op

Re: The GREAT BRITISH LEAGUE application thread! I'd be up for it, sounds fun.

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread

A couple of generic risers coming in:

The offer for Vojtěch HADAŠČOK of Slovan Liberec from Hayes & Yeading United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Viktor CLAESSON of IF Elfsborg from Hayes & Yeading United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

We are 7 point off the play off zone so we better hope we can put ogether a run like we did and the back half of season 2 and season 3.

GBLBANGOR-2.jpg

Bangor 2 - 3 Stenhousemuir

Bangor lose a crucial match against rivals Stenhousemuir that will see us drop to 3rd on goal difference. The stats were is Stuart's favour so no complaints - this will make for a VERY interesting run-in!!!

Game on.

Oh that league is so close for the Auto promotions.

We won 1-0 against coventry wow back to back wins for first time in a while.

GBLBANGOR-2.jpg

Division 3

Newport County 2 - 4 Bangor

Star-man Ricardo Alvarez hits a brace to add to goals from Kappelhoff and Sigthorsson as Bangor claw themselves to within a point of their hosts and back into 2nd as Stenhousemuir lose.

I suspect there will be more twists.....

GBLBANGOR-2.jpg

Division 3

Newport County 2 - 4 Bangor

Star-man Ricardo Alvarez hits a brace to add to goals from Kappelhoff and Sigthorsson as Bangor claw themselves to within a point of their hosts and back into 2nd as Stenhousemuir lose.

I suspect there will be more twists.....

Nice win lad! :P

Watched it on Score Centre and it looked like it will be Alvarez vs Chanturia show for a while.

Still top of the table, Bangor you're having a laugh! :D:P

Further to the below, I have also compiled the current "GBL All Stars team" to showcase the best possible XI that could be fielded by original GBL clubs - I have gone on rating and ,if a tie, personal preference.

Some serious talent in there and a nearly all 87 rated side.

Brief run-down.....

Goalkeepers

Spoilt for choice here as there are 3 87 rated 'keepers on show. Went with Ter-Stegen on personal preference but could easily have been Ahamada or Leno.

Defenders

We have 3 rated at 87 - Jantschke, Wollschied and Abdennour. Went with Ewerton as the 86 rated in there though he was run close by Raul Rodriguez and Arribas ... the other btwo 86 rated defenders in play.

Midfielders

Loads to choose from here - made easier by only 4 that are currently 87 rated in Isco, Oscar, Alvarez and Firmino. A load of quality 86's that I think will be pushing these guys when their ratings are up next including Labyad, Maher, Hoger, Draxler, Clasie, Carrillo and Tore.

Forwards

The weakest area where 86 is the best rated - went with Dutch duo Narsingh and John but could easily have gone for Sigthorsson, Cuenca orAthanasiadis

WHO WILL BE THE FIRST 87 RATED FORWARD?

WHO WILL BE THE FIRST TO BREAK THE 88 BARRIER?

gblteam.jpg

Huddersfield 1-3 Tamworth

Jordy CLASIE opened the scoring inside 60 seconds and set the tone for steady performance. Igor VETOKELE added a brace, including a penalty, in each half.

We are the form team in the division, 15 points from last 6 games, up to 4th place and all the 3 clubs above dropping points, we are on a late charge to go up at the death...

Not bad from the league new boys!

Hayes grind out a win against Reading.

Dan Malone steered Hayes & Yeading United to victory against Reading.

Hayes & Yeading United outclassed Reading and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Dja Djedje had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Bakambu was on the scoresheet for his side.

Bakambu came on in the 75th minute and scored the winner in 82nd minute.:)

Back in the play offs.

Glad to bring in this player uncontested, wish I knew that no one would bid as I could have saved a few quids.

The offer for Oliveira MATTHEUS of Flamengo from Hayes & Yeading United has been accepted.

Also brought in another trio of Brazilians Arao,Deretti & Romarinho over the last few days.A few other additions have been added recently including Junior Fernandes who has just signed for Leverkusen.

Anybody want Najar?

Ill give a team a chance to sign a great talent who will rise to 84/85 and will become a decent player ' date=' The team who will buy him off me must not have a value over 120 million.

Ill accept a CV for him , Just giving a little bit to the GBL community :D[/quote']

If only I had some wonga :(

Stenhousemuir outclassed Hearts and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Bertolacci scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Colazo and Domínguez were also amongst the goalscorers.

Good win that sees us 4 points off 2nd placed Bangor and 5 off 1st placed Newport....crunch match up next with the visit of Newport :eek:

Defeat would put a big dent in any automatic promotion ambitions we've got as can't see Newport or Bangor dropping too many more points.

C'mon the Warriors! :D

1423.jpg

Is this why our attendances have increased so dramatically this season....?! :eek::o:D

Been taken to school once again by the old master :)

A crushing 3-0 semi final defeat to Neils charges hurts as I wanted to win this cup. Neil has proved he is on a better level than me at the moment with all the beatings he hands me in various setups :D

Well done mate and I hope you lift that trophy :D