Sign in to follow this  
TheMac

One player - 2 identical bids accepted - who gets him?

I bid for a player 1st, a team came in the next day and offered the exact same amount of money. I figure - first to bid will win. Turns out I lost. I manage Shakhtar and finished 2nd last season, coming 2nd now after around 11 games, plenty of money strong squad, 93 avg rating is my best team. Cannont fathom why PSV sent Afellay to Valencia instead. Same bid, I put mine in first. I thought that when two bids were accepted it stopped people just getting bids accepted and then cancelling. Coulda upped my bid easily, but didnt. Any reasons you can think of? What are the determining factors of PSV choosing Valencia? He would not have been a first choice in my midfield, he'd be backup along with 2 other 90 rated. Too many players in my squad maybe? Valncia now have 23. I have abut 100 players. Surprised. But we'll see if he feaures for Barca. If not, no loss...

Re: One player - 2 identical bids accepted - who gets him?

Sometimes the bids are rounded off-like 1.1 mill could be 1.12 mill etc, if the bids are the same and you are first-you should have gotten your player (especially as its not his Real life club) in my limited experience.

I bid for a player 1st' date=' a team came in the next day and offered the exact same amount of money. I figure - first to bid will win. Turns out I lost. I manage Shakhtar and finished 2nd last season, coming 2nd now after around 11 games, plenty of money strong squad, 93 avg rating is my best team. Cannont fathom why PSV sent Afellay to Valencia instead. Same bid, I put mine in first. I thought that when two bids were accepted it stopped people just getting bids accepted and then cancelling. Coulda upped my bid easily, but didnt. Any reasons you can think of? What are the determining factors of PSV choosing Valencia? He would not have been a first choice in my midfield, he'd be backup along with 2 other 90 rated. Too many players in my squad maybe? Valncia now have 23. I have abut 100 players. Surprised. But we'll see if he feaures for Barca. If not, no loss...[/quote']

Whoever has the best golf-swing!

If its down to golf swing then I can see why I lost! ;)

The bids were identical. £12, 540, 000. This is very pertinent question that I havent seen covered i this forum - what is he determining factor for a club choosing to sell to one team over another? Its clearly not first come first served.

Send a Bug Ticket to SM.

I would also have thought it first come first serve as that woud be logical. If it is not then they should be able to tell you.

It might be based on something like importance to the club (i.e. goes to which ever club needs him more) but it is hard to say from here.

Let us know the answer. :)

Send a Bug Ticket to SM.

I would also have thought it first come first serve as that woud be logical. If it is not then they should be able to tell you.

It might be based on something like importance to the club (i.e. goes to which ever club needs him more) but it is hard to say from here.

Let us know the answer. :)

im not sure but perhaps the best club gets the player. for example my PSG bidded for wellington silva for 500k and then LE MANS also bidded for him. i won the bid and my club is better than le mans

Ticket submitted a few days ago for this, but no word back yet.

It can only be that the player goes to the place where he's not got a lot of competition for a start? My Shaktar team came 2nd in the 1st Div last year, we're currently 2nd after another flying start, avg 93, plenty of money, 100+ players. Valencia are 14th, they finished 12th last season, and haven't won a thing. We've won 2 top-level trophies and 2 lower div/playoffs.

Would be interesting to see if just because Valencia started off in Season 1 in Div 2 whereas we started off in Div 3 is the actual reason.

PS. Afellay got 3 assists on his debut! :rolleyes: