Sign in to follow this  
Tombstone

Alonso and Fabregas

Right,

Here we have two awesome Spanish midfielders, one rated 94 and one rated 95.

I find it hard to believe that Alonso is the lower rated of the pair!

I mean, don't get wrong, I'm not slagging off Fabreags, because he is awesome, but surely Alonso is better.

Alonso plays for a better club (IMO) and has better players around him (IMO again) and SM obviously agrees seeing as Real Madrid have Ronalso, Kaka, Casillas, Ramos etc etc...

Fabregas is the best player at Arsenal, so he deserves to be the highest rated, but I cannot see how Alonso, who is in my opinion the best long distance passer in the world (60 yard lobbed cross-field balls to the man's feet!) can be rated lower!

For example, take the Spanish starting line up for the World Cup Final:

Casillas

Ramos Puyol Pique Capdevila

Xavi Busquets ALONSO

Iniesta Villa Pedro

Fabregas was on the bench, yet he is still rated higher!

Spain's worst (SM ratings) player who started is Capdevila (92) but I can accept that, seeing as he only plays for Villarreal.

Arsenal won the Premier League in 2004, and Fabregas joined in September 2003, but according to a trusted source (Wikipedia)

"Following injuries to key midfielders in the 2004–05 season, he established himself as Arsenal's starting central midfielder and playmaker"

Arsenal have also won the FA Cup and Community Shield while Fabregas has been at Arsenal. He has also got a few runners up awards.

Alonso has won the Champions League, FA Cup, Community Shield and the European Super Cup with Liverpool.

He also scored two consecutive goals from his own half, one against Luton in the FA Cup, and one against Newcastle in the Premier League.

Both Players have won the European Championships and the World Cup, but Fabregas was a substitute for most of both competitions, while Alonso started pretty much every game, including the final.

So, why is a player who plays for one of the best teams is Europe as a key player, who also is a regular starter for the best international side in the world rated lower then the captain of Arsenal who doesn't often play for his country?

Again, I have nothing against Fabregas or Arsenal, I just that Alonso should be rated at the very least as high as Fabregas, if not more, I mean, Alonso is playing better than Kaka ((IMO) Although Kaka has been out for a while) and he's rated 96!

Thanks for reading :)

Re: Alonso and Fabregas

Right' date='

Here we have two awesome Spanish midfielders, one rated 94 and one rated 95.

I find it hard to believe that Alonso is the lower rated of the pair!

I mean, don't get wrong, I'm not slagging off Fabreags, because he is awesome, but surely Alonso is better.

Alonso plays for a better club (IMO) and has better players around him (IMO again) and SM obviously agrees seeing as Real Madrid have Ronalso, Kaka, Casillas, Ramos etc etc...

Fabregas is the best player at Arsenal, so he deserves to be the highest rated, but I cannot see how Alonso, who is in my opinion the best long distance passer in the world (60 yard lobbed cross-field balls to the man's feet!) can be rated lower!

For example, take the Spanish starting line up for the World Cup Final:

Casillas

Ramos Puyol Pique Capdevila

Xavi Busquets ALONSO

Iniesta Villa Pedro

Fabregas was on the bench, yet he is still rated higher!

Spain's worst (SM ratings) player who started is Capdevila (92) but I can accept that, seeing as he only plays for Villarreal.

Arsenal won the Premier League in 2004, and Fabregas joined in September 2003, but according to a trusted source (Wikipedia)

"Following injuries to key midfielders in the 2004–05 season, he established himself as Arsenal's starting central midfielder and playmaker"

Arsenal have also won the FA Cup and Community Shield while Fabregas has been at Arsenal. He has also got a few runners up awards.

Alonso has won the Champions League, FA Cup, Community Shield and the European Super Cup with Liverpool.

He also scored two consecutive goals from his own half, one against Luton in the FA Cup, and one against Newcastle in the Premier League.

Both Players have won the European Championships and the World Cup, but Fabregas was a substitute for most of both competitions, while Alonso started pretty much every game, including the final.

So, why is a player who plays for one of the best teams is Europe as a key player, who also is a regular starter for the best international side in the world rated lower then the captain of Arsenal who doesn't often play for his country?

Again, I have nothing against Fabregas or Arsenal, I just that Alonso should be rated at the very least as high as Fabregas, if not more, I mean, Alonso is playing better than Kaka ((IMO) Although Kaka has been out for a while) and he's rated 96!

Thanks for reading :)[/quote']

fabregas is very overated i agree, but alonso isnt the footballing god you are making him out to be either

fabregas is very overated i agree' date=' but alonso isnt the footballing god you are making him out to be either[/quote']

How many other players are there in the world in the same position that are better then him?

I'm thinking Xavi, but he's more attacking.

Cambiasso? Nope :)

Essien? Lampard? De Rossi? No, but close.

Schweinsteiger? About the same level.

Mascherano? No, he doesn't play much for Barca now Busquets has arrived and done awesomely.

According to SM, he's the best "Pure" DM :)

I don't regard him as a god, because that is Messi, seeing as he is a once in every 50 years player (like Puskas)

That also shows I'm not a hardcore Madrid fan, in fact I don't like them at all, mainly because of Mourinho.

I support Liverpool, which does show that I like Alonso :)

But, come on, he should be rated higher than Fabregas!

I'm not the only one then :D

certainly alonso deserves 95 but real madrid haven't actually won anything with him in their squad have they ? cambiasso is 95 mainly because inter won the treble last season. fabregas is 95 because hes arsenals top player whereas alonso isn't reals top player.

certainly alonso deserves 95 but real madrid haven't actually won anything with him in their squad have they ? cambiasso is 95 mainly because inter won the treble last season. fabregas is 95 because hes arsenals top player whereas alonso isn't reals top player.

Mainly because of Barcelona's awesomeness in the BBVA :L

Inter were very good last season, Milito and Sneijder were on fire :)

Arsenal's top players:

Fabregas: 95

Arshavin: 94

Van Persie: 93

So yeah, I acknowledge your point, he is easily Arsenal's best player, and he's the captain.

Real Madrid's top players:

Ronaldo: 98

Kaka: 96

Casillas: 95

Then everyone else in the starting line up is rated at least 91 (I think)

He is Real Madrid's best CM, and their best DM.

I'm not saying Fabregas should drop, I'm saying Alonso should be rated higher than him :)

Fabregas is higher rated orobably BECAUSE he is the best player at arsenal

alonso has got players like CR7 and Kaka to compete with' date=' while Fabregas dosnt.

Alonso is better tho IMO[/quote']

Yeah, although the second best Spanish club's best central midfielder should be rated higher than Arsenal's best player :)

I mean, Vincente Del Bosque thinks that Alonso and Busquets are better in midfield, and they are rated less than Fabregas :)

Yeah' date=' although the second best Spanish club's best central midfielder should be rated higher than Arsenal's best player :)

I mean, Vincente Del Bosque thinks that Alonso and Busquets are better in midfield, and they are rated less than Fabregas :)[/quote']

yes however del bosque uses xavi and iniesta as his playmakers so thats why he has alonso and busquets as defensive players. fabregas is a playmaker but xavi and iniesta are better so would you expect him to play fabregas as a defensive mid ?

yes however del bosque uses xavi and iniesta as his playmakers so thats why he has alonso and busquets as defensive players. fabregas is a playmaker but xavi and iniesta are better so would you expect him to play fabregas as a defensive mid ?

If Del Bosque needed Fabregas so much' date=' he could just change his formation to incorporate him.

He has Busquets as a DM anyway, seeing as he may be leaving Torres out like he did in the World Cup and playing Iniesta as a winger in a 4 3 3.

So if he needed Fabregas, he could just leave Torres out due to his poor form, or Pedro due to his young age, and play Fabregas while using Iniesta alongside Villa and Pedro or Torres.

Fabregas is a very good player, don't get me wrong, but I can't see why someone who actually plays and [b']starts[/b] for Spain should be rated lower, even if Real Madrid haven't won much lately.

Because Arsenal haven't won much recently either.

How many other players are there in the world in the same position that are better then him?

I'm thinking Xavi' date=' but he's more attacking.

Cambiasso? Nope :)

Essien? Lampard? De Rossi? No, but close.

Schweinsteiger? About the same level.

Mascherano? No, he doesn't play much for Barca now Busquets has arrived and done awesomely.

According to SM, he's the best "Pure" DM :)

I don't regard him as a god, because that is Messi, seeing as he is a once in every 50 years player (like Puskas)

That also shows I'm not a hardcore Madrid fan, in fact I don't like them at all, mainly because of Mourinho.

I support Liverpool, which does show that I like Alonso :)

But, come on, he should be rated higher than Fabregas![/quote']

cambiasso xavi iniesta de rossi lampard essien schweinsteiger sneijder all better centre mids than alonso

if you just mean defensive mids then he is the 4th best in the world behind de rossi cambiasso and essien

cambiasso xavi iniesta de rossi lampard essien schweinsteiger sneijder all better centre mids than alonso

if you just mean defensive mids then he is the 4th best in the world behind de rossi cambiasso and essien

You're just going off SM, and not all of them are accurate.

For example, would you regard De Gea as being as being worse than Mark Schwarzer?

You're just going off SM' date=' and not all of them are accurate.

For example, would you regard De Gea as being as being worse than Mark Schwarzer?[/quote']

what are you on about? of course de gea is better than schwarzer, where the hell is the relevance?

Guest Phill

Yeh mate, you are right, no doubt about it. Xabi Alonso in my opinion after watching many matches of all the others too the best DM in the world. His passing is inch perfect, his tackling is brilliant and he has a good shot when he feels like it too.

BUT Fabregas is a different position, the other side of midfield, where you can get higher ratings, by scoring goals. That's all it is. There are more higher rated strikers than there are defenders/defensive midfielders.

I also think Alonso is the best, as I'd much rather have Xabi Alonso in the heart of a team than Fabregas, he does more for the team, eventhough Fab is very good too.

P.S Liverpool selling Alonso is the biggest mistake I have ever seen them make, and I hope they don't do the same with Reina or Torres.

Cambiasso got his 95 in June 2009 and kept it because they won the treble. Will no doubt go down in the next rating changes thanks to the fat Spanish waiters tactical genius before being booted. However, I certainly believe that Alonso should be at least 95, just look at the stats and look at him play.

You have absolutley raight' date=' alonso deserve for 95, [b']he's better than fabregas[/b].

Yeah okay then :rolleyes:

Alonso wasn't even the best player at the mighty Liverpool.

He was behind Gerrard, Torres, Reina and Carragher for influence.

The only reason he starts ahead of Fabregas for the NT is because he plays a deeper position on the pitch than Cesc which fits perfectly into Del Bosque's plans.

The logic on this thread must also allow Juan Sebastian Veron to be Better than Cambiasso. Because it is exactly the same logic.

Remind me who scored 19 goals and assisted 19 goals in all competitions last year? :confused:

Was Alonso starting regularly in the NT at 23?

Who set up Spains winning World Cup goal?

I can't even be bothered to bring in more points as to argue why most managers in the world would rather have Fabregas than Alonso in their team.

Fabregas is clearly a better player though and has a rating to reflect that.

Yeah okay then :rolleyes:

Alonso wasn't even the best player at the mighty Liverpool.

He was behind Gerrard' date=' Torres, Reina and Carragher for influence.[/quote']

When Alonso was there Liverpool were pretty mighty and were most certainly better than Arsenal. It's tantamount to his influence there that since he's left their performances have dropped so significantly.

The only reason he starts ahead of Fabregas for the NT is because he plays a deeper position on the pitch than Cesc which fits perfectly into Del Bosque's plans.

The logic on this thread must also allow Juan Sebastian Veron to be Better than Cambiasso. Because it is exactly the same logic.

It's really not. I think you're underestimating Alonso's importance a hell of a lot. IMO he's the best deep-lying play-maker in the world though it's true that Fabregas would be a clear international starter were he born in any other country. Your counter is a little far-fetched. Alonso isn't playing in a second rate league' date=' isn't in the twilight of his career and his national manager wasn't a crackhead.

Remind me who scored 19 goals and assisted 19 goals in all competitions last year? :confused:

That's irrelevant. You've already stated they play different roles.

Was Alonso starting regularly in the NT at 23?

Also irrelevant. You can't rate players on age. Give Lukaku a 97?

Who set up Spains winning World Cup goal?

You're planning on rating players by a single game now? Especially one he wasn't good enough to start in. It's also worth mentioning that Alonso did his job as Spain kept a clean sheet.

I can't even be bothered to bring in more points as to argue why most managers in the world would rather have Fabregas than Alonso in their team.

Fabregas is clearly a better player though and has a rating to reflect that.

All your points are incredibly weak though. Alonso is the best in the world at what he does. There are several better than Fabregas at what he does. Fabregas shouldn't be a 95.

Not being biassed but Fab is better.

But I hate comparing players who dont even play the same position. The point on Alonso starting ahead of Cesc is irrelivent as Spain play 2 DM (Alonso and Busquets). Playing Fabregas would upset the balance. But once Xavi retires then Cesc will get games every time.

I do agree that Alonso should rise, but people saying Cesc is over rated are clueless. He carries Arsenal, and he was one of Spains best at Euro 2008

Not being biassed but Fab is better.

But I hate comparing players who dont even play the same position. The point on Alonso starting ahead of Cesc is irrelivent as Spain play 2 DM (Alonso and Busquets). Playing Fabregas would upset the balance. But once Xavi retires then Cesc will get games every time.

I do agree that Alonso should rise' date=' but people saying Cesc is over rated are clueless. He carries Arsenal, and he was one of Spains best at Euro 2008[/quote']

very biased arsenal fan there

very biased arsenal fan there

Really? What have I said thats Biased.

They play different positions. Cesc is better at attacking, Alonso defending. Passing is just as good for both players. I even said they should both be rated the same.

You honestly think that Cesc is over-rated? Only reason people say that is because this season he has been injured so we havent really seen him.

I am not biased mate... oh wells