Sign in to follow this  
Phil (GT)

Bundesliga Winter Transfers 2011

Re: Bundesliga Winter Transfers 2011

Gustavo's move to Bayern is almost perfect according to German media.

The transfer should be made in winter already and Bayern will pay 15M €.

IMO Gustavo is the follower on van Bommel who IMO will leave Munich in summer at the latest.

So Gustavo is definitely one to keep right now.

List in the first post has been updated, Luiz Gustavo's move to Bayern has been completed (which caused quite a stir in Hoffenheim), Denni Avdic's move to Werder Bremen is as good as perfect and there are very strong rumours of a move by Matthew Leckie from the A-League to Gladbach.

edit: Köln also announced the signing of Slawomir Peszko.

dzeko to city.

firstly, how certain is this ? i mean every player is linked to city in the media. i have heard the same before/ it was said a deal to juventus is as good as done.

secondly, will he go to city and actually play ? city player with balotelli and tevez.

mancini is a huge fan of balotelli for obvious reasons. so will dzeko and balotelli purely rotate ?

personally if this is the case lets forget any hope of dzeko rising. if he dosn't settle into a new league, and is given bench appearances i can see him not hitting form at all. look at berbatov, big player with good technical abilities. took him an age to settle......

city look to be the killers of good players. people said the same about madrid buying ozil and di maria but they are clearly wrong so i maybe now. but johnson, milner, adebaoyor, santa cruz ( dont slate me he was a good goalscorer before he moved ok.) bellamy. all class players shunted out..

discuss :)

dzeko to city.

firstly' date=' how certain is this ? i mean every player is linked to city in the media. i have heard the same before/ it was said a deal to juventus is as good as done.

secondly, will he go to city and actually play ? city player with balotelli and tevez.

mancini is a huge fan of balotelli for obvious reasons. so will dzeko and balotelli purely rotate ?

personally if this is the case lets forget any hope of dzeko rising. if he dosn't settle into a new league, and is given bench appearances i can see him not hitting form at all. look at berbatov, big player with good technical abilities. took him an age to settle......

city look to be the killers of good players. people said the same about madrid buying ozil and di maria but they are clearly wrong so i maybe now. but johnson, milner, adebaoyor, santa cruz ( dont slate me he was a good goalscorer before he moved ok.) bellamy. all class players shunted out..

discuss :)[/quote']

It's quite certain :) 'Confirmed' on ESPN earlier and SSN a few days ago. Still nothing official though.

I think Mancini will rotate Tevez, Balotelli and Dzeko. City are still in contention for thee league, FA Cup and Europa League so there's several matches to play and all will get a fair run out. It didn't take Berbatov an age to settle at all! Remember back to his Spurs form when he first moved from Germany. Dzeko is well suited to the Premier League and City lack a big physical striker who can head a ball and won't get injured every other game.

Saying City kill good players is outrageous. For every player you name there's one who's career we rescued or pushed up a level: Hart, Kompany, De Jong, Tevez. Johnson is still flourishing but I don't think anyone is guaranteed games at City and he's rotated accordingly. He's far from the finished article. Milner's in his first season at Eastlands and is starting to work well in the midfield. Adebayor started to wane at Arsenal and has a pretty good record at City; we've often played with a lone striker though and he's no Tevez. Santa Cruz has had one good season in his career in the Premier League. Far too injury prone and 4 goals in his final season at Blackburn indicates his performance levels were falling well before he came to City. Bellamy enjoyed his best Premier League season at City but he didn't get on with Mancini.

Poor argument really :o I think Dzeko will certainly impress if he does make the move. A rise isn't so certain though unless City get in and do well in the Champions League.

dzeko to city.

firstly' date=' how certain is this ? i mean every player is linked to city in the media. i have heard the same before/ it was said a deal to juventus is as good as done.

discuss :)[/quote']

tevez is clearly heading for the door, hence Dzeko's touted arrival

It's quite certain :) 'Confirmed' on ESPN earlier and SSN a few days ago. Still nothing official though.

I think Mancini will rotate Tevez' date=' Balotelli and Dzeko. [/quote']

Wouldn't it be a possibility for City to play with 4-3-3 (like Barca) with Tevez - Dzeko - Balotelli up front?

Wouldn't it be a possibility for City to play with 4-3-3 (like Barca) with Tevez - Dzeko - Balotelli up front?

It would be possible; more likely Tevez behind the other 2. However since his summer arrival Silva has become a key player and I don't see Mancini going any more attacking :o Balotelli is also pretty useless on the wing. From what I've seen he's got good finishing and technique but is so lazy. Think Berbatov :P I think he'll go with 2 up top and rotate Tevez, Balotelli and Dzeko with Silva floating behind.

Abdicus, I'd love to know you're reasoning behind such a daft argument.

EDIT: GoonerFan as well :rolleyes: City have conceded the least goals in the league this season... Haters gotta hate I suppose.

It's quite certain :) '

I think Mancini will rotate Tevez' date=' Balotelli and Dzeko.thats what im thinking. wil dzeko get enough rotation to rise ? who knows ;)

Saying City kill good players is outrageous.

i didnt mean to say city killde players sorry if it came across like that.

silva has settled very quickly and well.

you mention hart although that was more birmingham ;)

but anyway no i dont think they "kill"players. no team does that. it is just with such a massive team and resoucres players struggle to get games.

i mentioned johnson in that he is a good player, very good playr actually but struggles to get games at all. so it probably better for their careers to move.

it is the same for any big team, competition will be there. but with city the starting 11 can shift so rapidly in this time of transition / raising of the standard so to speak it can cause problems.

He'll see a lot of football with the number of competitions. I think he'll be higher in the pecking order than Balotelli and will play in the big games if we go with 2 up top. Despite Mancini liking Balotelli he isn't afraid to put him on the bench.

i didnt mean to say city killde players sorry if it came across like that.

silva has settled very quickly and well.

you mention hart although that was more birmingham ;)

but anyway no i dont think they "kill"players. no team does that. it is just with such a massive team and resoucres players struggle to get games.

i mentioned johnson in that he is a good player' date=' very good playr actually but struggles to get games at all. so it probably better for their careers to move.

it is the same for any big team, competition will be there. but with city the starting 11 can shift so rapidly in this time of transition / raising of the standard so to speak it can cause problems.[/quote']

Hart was a City player at Birmingham. If anything he got most confidence by being given the number 1 slot over Given. Johnson has come out and said he's happy to sit on the bench and wants to work for a space in the first team. He's pushing himself and impressing on occasion but he still flits in and out of games hence he shouldn't be starting. He's a very good impact player with his pace, direct style and trickery. If he moved for first team football he'd be a big fish in a small pond which wouldn't really be great for his career.

Anyway, I'm digressing. Top thread Phil :)

EDIT: GoonerFan as well :rolleyes: City have conceded the least goals in the league this season... Haters gotta hate I suppose.

Look at who you played the last 4 games...

Blackpool, Aston Villa, Newcastle, Everton... Beside Carroll, those team have a severe lack of a quality strikers. Not to mention you lost to Everton, who is playing Cahill at CF because they don't have a deft striker on there squad.

Look at who you played the last 4 games...

Blackpool' date=' Aston Villa, Newcastle, Everton... Beside Carroll, those team have a severe lack of a quality strikers. Not to mention you lost to Everton, who is playing Cahill at CF because they don't have a inept striker on there squad.[/quote']

You said our defence was terrible... We've played among the most games of anyone in the league and have conceded the least goals so I fail to see your point. We're more than halfway through the season so have played everyone so your argument above doesn't really pass. For those I could mention the clean sheets we've kept against Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs; all of whom played some excellent strikers, not to mention we even beat Chelsea and Liverpool...

You said our defence was terrible... We've played among the most games of anyone in the league and have conceded the least goals so I fail to see your point. We're more than halfway through the season so have played everyone so your argument above doesn't really pass. For those I could mention the clean sheets we've kept against Man United' date=' Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs; all of whom played some excellent strikers, not to mention we even beat Chelsea and Liverpool...[/quote']

This argument doesn't belong in this thread, i did start it however.

Man U 0-0 draw @ home without Rooney... Not to mention they Man U played a totally uncreative midfield that game.

Chelsea 1-0. @ Home, Impressive at the time, now not so much.

Liverdrool. 3-0 again @ home. With a unfit Torres right after the World Cup

Tottenham 0-0 away, first game of the season, totally unfair to gauge a season on.

=======================================================

Your schedule has allowed you to be on top. In fact you should be 5 point clear of everyone, with that cush Home schedule.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=1308398#post1308398

directed to goonerfan. your argument is so awful i want to show you, but don't want you to ruin this good german thread.

please comment on my latest thread. your argument is laughable at best.

best defensive record. in NO WAY translates as "terrible"

dosn't work.

anyway comment on that thread.

im sure if Dzek move to city; it'll be good for Dzeko in long term career oppotunity

since Tevez, Santa and adebayor are likely to move by the end of this season

and so Dzeko+balo will be the first pick for City for sure

and if he does will (like Tevez), 94+ in EPL will surelyh confirm:)

This argument doesn't belong in this thread' date=' i did start it however.

Man U 0-0 draw @ home without Rooney... Not to mention they Man U played a totally uncreative midfield that game.

Chelsea 1-0. @ Home, Impressive at the time, now not so much.

Liverdrool. 3-0 again @ home. With a unfit Torres right after the World Cup

Tottenham 0-0 away, first game of the season, totally unfair to gauge a season on.

=======================================================

Your schedule has allowed you to be on top. In fact you should be 5 point clear of everyone, with that cush Home schedule.[/quote']

yeah like Arsenal's home where they lost 3-2 to Westbrom and spurs

No offense, but I don't think it's fair to blame the schedule since it's not City's fault

Dzeko's move isn't written in stone yet Juventas have 48 hours to make a bid but if they don't then it's almost a certainty that Dzeko will be City bound...

@GoonerFan your argument is ridiculous, Man City have conceded the fewest goals despite playing the most matches, so how can you say they have a terrible defense? In case you hadn't realized Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool have to play the same teams as Man City! You say they had an easy run last 4 matches due to lack of firepower up front... yet Chelsea conceded 5 against those 4 teams, Man Utd conceded 5 (yet to play Blackpool), Arsenal conceded 4 and Liverpool conceded 7... City conceded 3, so as you can see your argument doesn't hold any water...