Sign in to follow this  
Phil (GT)

Bundesliga Winter Transfers 2011

Re: Bundesliga Winter Transfers 2011

I know but he seems to like Juventas? He must have supported them as a kid or something?

I'm pretty sure he once said that it was AC Milan who he supported/liked as a kid and therefore dreamed of playing for them at some point. Which would be another reason why it would be stupid for him to move to Juve.

I'm pretty sure he once said that it was AC Milan who he supported/liked as a kid and therefore dreamed of playing for them at some point. Which would be another reason why it would be stupid for him to move to Juve.

I read that he had attracted the interest of Milan at one point but renewed his contract at Wolfsburg until 2013...

I've heard a rumour that Demba Ba has refused to join the rest of the Hoffenheim squad in La Manga and Hoffenheim have threatened legal action against him.

Any truth in these rumours' date=' and any indictaion where Ba wants to go?[/quote']

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6638880,00.html

That makes a lot of sense' date=' well except for the bit about wanting to play in the Premier League with West Ham as he'll be in the championship come August.[/quote']

Yup. After a (very) mini-revival they were awful again last night.

Dzeko web site

I think he might need to update his web site soon. The News section seems to say that Portsmouth are interested in signing him for 5 million as a replacement for Defoe?!?!?

Haha, I bet he's glad that move didn't happen now. I bet Portsmouth wish it had though.

Dzeko's move has now been confirmed, I still believe that he has the quality to get a starting spot there and to keep a similar scoring record, which can only benefit his rating.

Also, Alaba joins Hoffenheim on loan until the rest of the season, but I can't see him getting to many games there tbh either.

Beg Ferati moves from FC Basel to SC Freiburg, and even though I can't see him getting straight into the starting XI, he should still earn a little based on his achievements in the Swiss Super League.

Also, Michael Fink has been heavily linked with Hannover, and obviously Besiktas have already informed the Turkish Stock Exchange about the move (which from what I've gathered is something that has to be done and which is actually a sure indication of a transfer). If he can reach his Frankfurt form again, he should rather easily get enough playing at Hannover to keep his rating, and even though both Pinto and Schmiedebach have done excellent so far, I believe that based on pure ability, Fink is ahead of both of them by quite a bit.

Dzeko's move has now been confirmed' date=' I still believe that he has the quality to get a starting spot there and to keep a similar scoring record, which can only benefit his rating.[/quote']

Delighted :) I think he'll see plenty of action, likely in a rotation system with Tevez and Balotelli for 2 spots though. City are still in plenty of competitions though so he won't struggle for minutes.

Is anyone being lined up as his replacement at Wolfsburg? I've no idea if they have another guy ready to step in, if they need to spend to bring in someone else, if they'll use the cash to strengthen elsewhere or if the club fundamentally needs the money to turn-over.

Delighted :) I think he'll see plenty of action' date=' likely in a rotation system with Tevez and Balotelli for 2 spots though. City are still in plenty of competitions though so he won't struggle for minutes.

Is anyone being lined up as his replacement at Wolfsburg? I've no idea if they have another guy ready to step in, if they need to spend to bring in someone else, if they'll use the cash to strengthen elsewhere or if the club fundamentally needs the money to turn-over.[/quote']

Will Grafite get more of a CF role? Could Nassim Ben Khalifa finally see some good game time?

Is anyone being lined up as his replacement at Wolfsburg? I've no idea if they have another guy ready to step in' date=' if they need to spend to bring in someone else, if they'll use the cash to strengthen elsewhere or if the club fundamentally needs the money to turn-over.[/quote']

Well, rumored names about a replacement to Dzeko are; Lakic of Kaiserslautern, who has done very well this season by scoring 11 goals this season. I think Wolfsburg should wait with this player and see if he can deliver the following half of the season as well. I do not doubt his qualities, but I want to see if he can deliver if some of the quality players around him (Tiffert and Ilicevic, for instance) drops in form, which I expect the team Kaiserslautern will do sooner or later. If he still delivers while Kaiserslautern starts dropping points, then he would be the ideal option as an replacement to Dzeko, as Dzeko, in this season for instance, managed to bang in 10 goals despite Wolfsburg playing bad and with no really idea of what they are doing. The same goes for Cissé of Freiburg, who has also been rumored with a Wolfsburg move now. It could very well be one of these two who replace Dzeko. Also, Santa Cruz's been mentioned, but he has been mentioned with a move to various league, so it could be a bit of a silly rumor. I expect him to join Lazio, who wanted him this past summer as well (Santa Cruz wasn't willing to move, though), but now, he wants to move to Lazio. I've heard it's a loan deal, though.

Also, I think Wolfsburg should try to get bring in two replacements for Dzeko. Kind of like what Valencia did when David Villa (Soldado and Aduriz). They've definately got the moneys, as they are owned by Volkswagen, so the financial part shouldn't be an issue. I'd love to see a player like Klose, who has loads of routine and who could definately help Wolfsburg drag themselves up from this mess they are currently in with his routine. I don't buy all the talks about that ''Klose can't deliver in the Bundesliga, but only in the national squad''. We all know that it is beacuse of the fact that he has never really been preferred in Bavaria. Give him games (and thus giving him confidence) and he'll start scoring. Klose is a killer in the penalty-area, like Dzeko, so McClaren shouldn't be changing his tactics to much. The other striker I want to see? Cissé, who I mentioned above.

With van Bommel go to Milan' date=' will Luiz Gustavo get a starting line up ?[/quote']

Yes.

In worst case, he will be a regular in the 18-match squad. I think Van Gaal bought him to replace Van Bommel short-term, and if he proves himself, long-term as well.

Also' date=' Alaba joins Hoffenheim on loan until the rest of the season, but I can't see him getting to many games there tbh either.[/quote']

Just wondering if you could expand on your reasoning here Phil because he has made 2/2 starts since joining and scored at the weekend against St. Pauli. Is he playing because of an injury to someone else?

Also, not entirely on topic, but is there any reason why Sigurdsson isn't starting at Hoffenheim yet? His goals:sub appearances ratio is pretty good, so I would have thought he'd be given a decent shot in the first XI...

Van Bommel move also means there will be more room in the squad for Ekici's return for next season, he looks a serious talent.

Alaba will get games for Hoffenheim, he is an amazing player. Hope Babel's move doesn't block Vukcevic's progress.

With van Bommel go to Milan' date=' will Luiz Gustavo get a starting line up ?[/quote']

Yes, Luiz Gustavo is an assured starter, I can garantuee that. He is the in-direct reason behind the move for the Dutch man, van Bommel. van Bommel's been quoted saying ''I want to have a place in the Dutch team for the 2012 and I do not think it'd would be possible to achieve that goal at Bayern, as I doubt I will hold down a regular spot here anymore''. From saying ''we will take home the league in the end'' to that quote above within the time-period of a month or so, it can be clearly seen that van Bommel left Bayern simply behind the reason van Gaal's said to him he ranks Gustavo first, then van Bommel. With the fact that Gustavo came in for the fee of €15 million, which perhaps means nothing to Bayern, but is still an incredible sum, it is very obvious Gustavo will be a starter for Bayern, as he'll replace van Bommel, which he's done good so far to be honest.

Just wondering if you could expand on your reasoning here Phil because he has made 2/2 starts since joining and scored at the weekend against St. Pauli. Is he playing because of an injury to someone else?

Also' date=' not entirely on topic, but is there any reason why Sigurdsson isn't starting at Hoffenheim yet? His goals:sub appearances ratio is pretty good, so I would have thought he'd be given a decent shot in the first XI...[/quote']

No, it's not beacuse of injuries or so Alaba is playing (if my memory serves me right), it's beacuse Alaba is seen as the short-term solution to Gustavo, who, as we've discussed, moved to Bayern. Alaba's been doing good also, so I'm sure both parties are happy with the deal. However, as I said - he is only on loan at Hoffenheim - and once again, if my memory serves me right, they don't have a buy-out clause baked-in on him as well. However, Hoffeheim may have the moneys to buy more spectacular names, but so far, for a young and developable player such as Alaba, Hoffeheim has actually been a good environment for him (so far).

I'd also like to post my view on Sigurdsson's situation ~ The guy's been doing good, but the fact that he is eglieble of playing both in the midfield and in the attack has made him the perfect compliment to players that are dragging on injuries and who plays on these two positions. Thus, he's been getting a nice amount of minutes but still cannot be seen as a regular. That's my side of ''the story'', though, so I cannot guarantee you it's true.