Anybody have an Iphone? Worth it?

Killaroo

I'm in a bit of a pickle.

At the moment I'm dying to buy an iphone, but it's more of a want than a need. I need an ipod, not a phone. An Iphone seems wicked though :o.

Does anyone here on the forum have an iphone? Is it worth it?

I am thinking of just buying an ipod touch 32gb thats nearly half the price and then keep my own mediocre phone. I'm not sure.

I'm posting it here because I'd much prefer to see the views of my fellow forumers than strangers on yahoo etc.

Thank you:)

Re: Anybody have an Iphone? Worth it?

I'm in a bit of a pickle.

At the moment I'm dying to buy an iphone' date=' but it's more of a want than a need. I need an ipod, not a phone. An Iphone seems wicked though :o.

Does anyone here on the forum have an iphone? Is it worth it?

I am thinking of just buying an ipod touch 32gb thats nearly half the price and then keep my own mediocre phone. I'm not sure.

I'm posting it here because I'd much prefer to see the views of my fellow forumers than strangers on yahoo etc.

Thank you:)[/quote']

Personally I don't think it. If it's an iPod you want I would suggest getting one and just sticking to your own phone. In fact I wouldn't even buy an iPod, there are far better mp3 players out there that are cheaper and far better.

If you're not worried so much about the sound quality then why not just get a Blackberry or something? They seem awfully popular this year and include internet access on the go. I'm not sure but I'd say they have decent memory as well for music.

Personally I don't think it. If it's an iPod you want I would suggest getting one and just sticking to your own phone. In fact I wouldn't even buy an iPod' date=' there are far better mp3 players out there that are cheaper and far better.

If you're not worried so much about the sound quality then why not just get a Blackberry or something? They seem awfully popular this year and include internet access on the go. I'm not sure but I'd say they have decent memory as well for music.[/quote']

I would much prefer one with good sound. Thats what listening to music is all about to me, that's why I'm swaying towards an ipod.

The HTC phones seem pretty wicked aswell. I hear with apple ipods your basically paying for the apple sign, so cheaper phones/mp3 players are often just as good.

Money would be a problem, i'll work for a few weeks and see what to do with the money i save up. I want my money to go towards something thats worth it, which is why I doubt now i'll buy the iphone.

I'll look around for other mp3 players, but I don't what it is I just seem biased towards apple products. The internet/Wifi would come in handy.

Thanks for your advice. :)

Depends where you are with regards to funds really. The iPhone is probably the best bit of kit but you'll save a bundle of money (both monthly and initial outlay for the handset) for what I'd consider a comparatively smallish hit on quality by picking up something like a Desire. Wouldn't go for a Blackberry unless you're happy to put up with a substantially inferior browser performance and more limited choice of apps. I've always thought of it as more of a work phone really.

ive had a iphone (which broke) and i currently have a blackberry,and iphone is basicly an ipod with texts and calls but the sound quality isnt very good,i suggest buying and ipod as i think its better than the iphone and has the same apps.the blackberry is an AMAZING phone close to unbreakable (i have dropeed mine loads of times) and realy good sound quality,the browser isnt actualy that bad either its only let down is the app store..

so all in all get a blackberry and if you want one thing for decent apps then an ipod but dont go for iphone.

I have the latest Iphone - the Missus has a Blackberry Curve.

Sound Quality - The Iphone is great over a decent set of headphones, the Blackberry is better over its internal speakers. However a decent docking station and the IPhone wins this hands down.

Phone - Blackberry is a better phone. Simple as.

Userability - My wife may argue this but I think the Iphone is so easy to use, fluid and natural - the massive touch screen makes moving around, browsing etc very easy. I find the blackberry very fiddliy and the screen size an issue.

Gadgetry - Iphone wins hands down, app store is fantastic, way better than Blackberrys apps.

To echo what others have said, make the decison between phone or MP3 player first. If you want a gadget thats both, for me its the Iphone every time.