Which Team Is Best?

KieranBHA

Which Team Is Best?  

1. 1.

• 4-4-2
    • 4-2-3-1

I've got the money avaliable to buy either one of these teams, the two of them are very similar in that the players are the same but the formation is different in each, so just wanted to get advice on which people thought was the best, here are the two teams:

4-4-2

GK - Maarten Stekelenburg (90)

RB - Maxi Pereira (90)

CB - Carlos Marchena (91)

CB - Luisao (91) - 11.6m

LB - Fernando Navarro (90)

RM - Pablo Hernandez (90)

CM - Ibrahim Afellay (90)

CM - Felipe Melo (91)

LM - Juan Vargas (91)

ST - Ezequiel Lavezzi (90)

ST - Edison Cavani (90)

4-2-3-1

GK - Maarten Stekelenburg (90)

RB - Maxi Pereira (90)

CB - Carlos Marchena (91)

CB - Luisao (91)

LB - Fernando Navarro (90)

CM - Ibrahim Afellay (90)

CM - Felipe Melo (91)

Wing - Pablo Hernandez (90)

AM - Paulo Henrique Ganso (88)

Wing - Mamadou Niang (91)

ST - Edison Cavani (90)

Re: Which Team Is Best?

Would think the 4-2-3-1 teams better because:

inherently its a superior formation to 442-thats why most teams have used it in real life

If both sides were to play there is a good chance that the midfield will be dominated by the extra player thus starving the 2 strikers of service (resulting in 4 defenders against 2 strikers in a footrace), while in 4-2-3-1 the most likely outcome is higher possession in midfield resulting in more wing play and crosses into Cavani who will most likely sit on the shoulder of the cb with wingers and am making runs into final third-thus 4 defenders against 3 attackers.

This is also more suited for counterattacks with melo/affelay acting as deep lying playmakers..

For 442 to have a greater chance it might have to be diamond and one of the strikers will play off the other..

inherently its a superior formation to 442-thats why most teams have used it in real life

If both sides were to play there is a good chance that the midfield will be dominated by the extra player thus starving the 2 strikers of service (resulting in 4 defenders against 2 strikers in a footrace)' date=' while in 4-2-3-1 the most likely outcome is higher possession in midfield resulting in more wing play and crosses into Cavani who will most likely sit on the shoulder of the cb with wingers and am making runs into final third-thus 4 defenders against 3 attackers.

This is also more suited for counterattacks with melo/affelay acting as deep lying playmakers..

For 442 to have a greater chance it might have to be diamond and one of the strikers will play off the other..[/quote']

Thanks mate, made me think about a few points I didn't really consider before! :)

If both sides were to play there is a good chance that the midfield will be dominated by the extra player thus starving the 2 strikers of service (resulting in 4 defenders against 2 strikers in a footrace)' date=' while in 4-2-3-1 the most likely outcome is higher possession in midfield resulting in more wing play and crosses into Cavani who will most likely sit on the shoulder of the cb with wingers and am making runs into final third-thus 4 defenders against 3 attackers.

For 442 to have a greater chance it might have to be diamond and one of the strikers will play off the other..[/quote']

There is no "inherently superior formation". This is a piece of computer software not real life. Therefore the best formation for you to play is the one where your players are set in their primary position and your team has the highest average rating; in your case below 4-4-2. I agree with what arampage said on the benefits and popularity of 4-2-3-1, and I myself tend to play this formation but only because it best suits my team(s). Sitting on the shoulder and winning footraces etc is not relevant on SM.