Sign in to follow this  
CrazySauer

Struggling Teams - Need Veteran Help!

I miraculously placed fourth in the top division last season in my gameworld, thanks to an incredible run of good luck and form. However, my Ajax team is high on prospective young talent but relatively low on SM ratings.

Things have come crashing down this season, and with 20 games played and only 16 points, I'm sitting in 18th place and looking at relegation. I'm a decent tactician, but most of the clubs I'm playing have multiple 92+ rated players and I just can't seem to compete any more! My idea is to sign some key veteran, high SM rating players that will hold their value or possibly even rise in the future, but also pay dividends now and move me up the league ladder.

Here's who I've got (omitting most of my youth prospects that will never see the starting roster):

LLORIS, Hugo Gk 24 92

SUAREZ, Luis Fwd 23 91

CAVANI, Édinson Fwd/Wing 23 90

MARIN, Marko Wing/Fwd 21 90

LENNON, Aaron Wing 23 90

PJANIC, Miralem AM/Wing 20 90

PASTORE, Javier AM 21 90

DE ZEEUW, Demy CM/RM 27 90

VIDAL, Arturo DM/Def 23 90

BADSTUBER, Holger CB/LB 21 90

HUMMELS, Mats CB/DM 22 90

VAN DER WIEL, Gregory RB 22 90

STEKELENBURG, Maarten Gk 28 90

HAZARD, Eden Wing/AM 19 89

PALACIOS, Wilson CM/DM 26 89

EMANUELSON, Urby LM/LB 24 89

VERTONGHEN, Jan Def/DM 23 89

BONUCCI, Leonardo CB 23 89

As you can see, I've got some good talent, but they're all hovering around 90, and that's not cutting it!

Prospects - All currently or shortly available at unmanaged or external teams in my gameworld at the moment:

RIBERY, Franck Wing/AM FC Porto 27 95 £33.4M

LISANDRO, López Fwd/Wing Lyon 27 92 £15.4M

CARRICK, Michael CM/DM Valencia 29 92 £14.7M

ROSSI, Giuseppe Fwd/AM Bordeaux 23 91 £16.1M

VALENCIA, Antonio Wing FC Twente 25 91 £15.1M

MONTOLIVO, Riccardo CM Fiorentina 25 91 £14.9M

MOUTINHO, João CM/RM Sporting CP 24 91 £16.4M

I only have $20 million in the bank as I have only very recently signed Lloris, but could free up more if I wanted to start selling off lower rated prospects I've been collecting. (RENAN, Jordi ALBA, Felipe ANDRE, Bruno CESAR

I suppose I should just get Ribery, but the price tag is a bit steep for one player, will he at least be holding his 95 rating for a few years? I really like Rossi and Lisandro as options as well. But, who on that list stands a chance of continuing to rise in SM rating?

Also, I most often play a 4-5-1 (usually defensive) and I counter attack hoping to win low scoring games. It worked great last season, but not very well this season.

As always, thoughtful input is greatly appreciated!

Re: Struggling Teams - Need Veteran Help!

If its a riser you're looking for from that list, I would suggest Valencia (will be returning from long term injury soon, is abit of a gamble due to this but at 91 playing for man utd he offers a decent chance of a 92 in the future) or Montolivo.

However if your issue is to try and get big rated players into your starting line up to improve you team average then its a no-brainer: Ribery. None of the others will ever get beyond 93 so bite the bullet, pay the money and build your team around Ribery.

I miraculously placed fourth in the top division last season in my gameworld' date=' thanks to an incredible run of good luck and form. However, my Ajax team is high on prospective young talent but relatively low on SM ratings.

Things have come crashing down this season, and with 20 games played and only 16 points, I'm sitting in 18th place and looking at relegation. I'm a decent tactician, but most of the clubs I'm playing have multiple 92+ rated players and I just can't seem to compete any more! My idea is to sign some key veteran, high SM rating players that will hold their value or possibly even rise in the future, but also pay dividends now and move me up the league ladder.

Here's who I've got (omitting most of my youth prospects that will never see the starting roster):

LLORIS, Hugo Gk 24 92

SUAREZ, Luis Fwd 23 91

CAVANI, Édinson Fwd/Wing 23 90

MARIN, Marko Wing/Fwd 21 90

LENNON, Aaron Wing 23 90

PJANIC, Miralem AM/Wing 20 90

PASTORE, Javier AM 21 90

DE ZEEUW, Demy CM/RM 27 90

VIDAL, Arturo DM/Def 23 90

BADSTUBER, Holger CB/LB 21 90

HUMMELS, Mats CB/DM 22 90

VAN DER WIEL, Gregory RB 22 90

STEKELENBURG, Maarten Gk 28 90

HAZARD, Eden Wing/AM 19 89

PALACIOS, Wilson CM/DM 26 89

EMANUELSON, Urby LM/LB 24 89

VERTONGHEN, Jan Def/DM 23 89

BONUCCI, Leonardo CB 23 89

As you can see, I've got some good talent, but they're all hovering around 90, and that's not cutting it!

Prospects - All currently or shortly available at unmanaged or external teams in my gameworld at the moment:

RIBERY, Franck Wing/AM FC Porto 27 95 £33.4M

LISANDRO, López Fwd/Wing Lyon 27 92 £15.4M

CARRICK, Michael CM/DM Valencia 29 92 £14.7M

ROSSI, Giuseppe Fwd/AM Bordeaux 23 91 £16.1M

VALENCIA, Antonio Wing FC Twente 25 91 £15.1M MONTOLIVO, Riccardo CM Fiorentina 25 91 £14.9M MOUTINHO, João CM/RM Sporting CP 24 91 £16.4M

I only have $20 million in the bank as I have only very recently signed Lloris, but could free up more if I wanted to start selling off lower rated prospects I've been collecting. (RENAN, Jordi ALBA, Felipe ANDRE, Bruno CESAR

I suppose I should just get Ribery, but the price tag is a bit steep for one player, will he at least be holding his 95 rating for a few years? I really like Rossi and Lisandro as options as well. But, who on that list stands a chance of continuing to rise in SM rating?

Also, I most often play a 4-5-1 (usually defensive) and I counter attack hoping to win low scoring games. It worked great last season, but not very well this season.

As always, thoughtful input is greatly appreciated![/quote']

I wouldn't get Ribery if I was you. He MIGHT hold his rating in the future but I dont think he should be rated higher than Robben. I would probably sign Rossi since Villareal are on fire at the moment and he could be in for a rise if they finish well. Valencia is also a good buy since United are at the top of the ladder and will probably win this year. So I guess its down to where you want to improve upfron or down the flanks.

Hope that helped

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm definitely leaning towards Valencia now. I'd still love to sign Rossi if I can scrape together the money after this big purchase.

I'm tempted to just sell off some talent and buy Ribery, but I don't like heavily investing in one player, plus Im not sure one top talent surrounded by 90 rated players would make as much of a different as signing 2 or maybe even 3 ~92 SM rated players this season.

No one likes Lisandro? If I recall correctly, I looked up his stats and he's been on a bit or a terror this season. Although, he's played relatively few games so I'm assuming he's coming back from an injury?