new GFX competition

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: new GFX competition

nnope not nessercaly because people who arent in the comp can vote and i could give my 3 votes to someone who has 0 votes and someone who has say 5 votes would win

okay' date=' well i dont think its fair to be honest but ya know, ill see how it goes then review my position at a later date[/center']

okay' date=' well i dont think its fair to be honest but ya know, ill see how it goes then review my position at a later date[/center']
are you the only one who gives more than one point? i feel we should all be equal and only give 1 point.

been as though this has been the only negative thing said, i will change it so my vote counts as 2 but if this makes it too unfair i will cahnge it so mine onlycounts as one.

been as though this has been the only negative thing said' date=' i will change it so my vote counts as 2 but if this makes it too unfair i will cahnge it so mine onlycounts as one.[/quote']

i still dont think you should be able to give someone a advantage by giving them a extra vote, surly if everyone has the same amount of votes thens its more fairer

:confused:, i understand your running this but i dont get why you should be able to basically give someone the upper advantage over everyone else

I don't think your vote counting more than anyone else's is necessarily unfair (it likely won't make any difference) but it seems a little unnecessary to be honest :o Leave everyone's counting as 1 and everyone's happy :)

well i feel it is kind of unfair.

say two competitors have the same amount of votes but because the owner voted for one of them he wins

been as though this has been the only negative thing said' date=' i will change it so my vote counts as 2 but if this makes it too unfair i will cahnge it so mine onlycounts as one.[/quote']

If you want to make three judges who's votes count 3 then I'll be one. You'd just need to find one more, preferably someone who knows a bit about graphics and is reliable.

If you want to make three judges who's votes count 3 then I'll be one. You'd just need to find one more' date=' preferably someone who knows a bit about graphics and is reliable.[/quote']

yep this a good idea,

so now there will be three judges whos votes count as 3 okay everyone?

midnight who would you recomend? i was thinking fabre?

If you want to make three judges who's votes count 3 then I'll be one. You'd just need to find one more' date=' preferably someone who knows a bit about graphics and is reliable.[/quote']
yep this a good idea' date='

so now there will be three judges whos votes count as 3 okay everyone?

midnight who would you recomend? i was thinking fabre?[/quote']

Really guys i dont think its necessary to do all this. :o

Why cant we just all have 1 point to give away.

Really guys i dont think its necessary to do all this. :o

Why cant we just all have 1 point to give away.

If no one wants to then fair enough. I think it makes the results better though as the judges know more about graphics than the general public. Meaning the best sig is more likely to win.

If no one wants to then fair enough. I think it makes the results better though as the judges know more about graphics than the general public. Meaning the best sig is more likely to win.

Art critics often aren't great artists, nor are food critics excellent chefs.

You don't have to know how something is created to approve of its qualities.

I would like confirmation if this is being judged by a panel or by a poll though... for no particular reason :D

So whoever each judge likes the best gets 3 points and do the other entries just get 1 or do we all still vote with us only having the power to 1 point? :) Sounds fun whatever happens.

By the sounds of things its going to be a poll so anyone on the forum can vote' date=' the 3 who have been named will each vote for there best individually and each of there votes will be counted as 3 instead of 1 if that makes sense

:P i think thats whats happening anyway

EDIT: imo means In My Opinion :P [/center']

By the sounds of things its going to be a poll so anyone on the forum can vote' date=' the 3 who have been named will each vote for there best individually and each of there votes will be counted as 3 instead of 1 if that makes sense

Sounds alright, and thanks :P:)

yep that is exactly how it will work :)