Only one goalkeeper in my squad

Here's a link to my sunderland squad:

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=2047646&clubid=16805305&sid=43083

As you can see i've only got one goalkeeper (Van der Sar), will my chairman step in and bid for another goalkeeper like he does if my squad goes under 21? Or will i have to bid for a goalkeeper myself?

Re: Only one goalkeeper in my squad

I haven't been in the position myself, so I'll give you my best educational guess :o . I believe the chairman will only intervene at the end of the season and forcibly purchase a GK if you haven't got one by then. However, you may be prevented from buying any players for any position until you resolve the 1 Gk issue I suspect. So if you want to strengthen your squad in other positions, you will likely have to get a second GK onboard first :)

However' date=' you may be prevented from buying any players for any position until you resolve the 1 Gk issue I suspect. So if you want to strengthen your squad in other positions, you will likely have to get a second GK onboard first :)[/quote']

Not too sure if this will happen:

The offer for John TERRY of Chelsea from Sunderland has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

That was done before i ended up with one goalkeeper but we shall see if it completes. I'm at the end of the current game season so i'll see if the chairman buys me another goalkeeper.

Let me know what happens so I can use it to my advantage for future ventures :P

I once had my first choice GK retire at the end of the season and my chairman invested in a replacement, so I'm sure you'll get one in due course. Unfortunately, I had also made a bid for a Gk at the same time and so ended up with 3 keepers :(

Here's a link to my sunderland squad:

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=2047646&clubid=16805305&sid=43083

As you can see i've only got one goalkeeper (Van der Sar)' date=' will my chairman step in and bid for another goalkeeper like he does if my squad goes under 21? Or will i have to bid for a goalkeeper myself?[/quote']

I think the best thing to do in this case, is to buy a cheap 10k goalkeeper (if he is a riser even better), so that you won't be worried about a future chairman's decision for spending your money on another goalkeeper.