Raphael Varane - Destined for CB Stardom

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my first scouting report, so hopefully it is ok. Raphael Varane is a central defender who plays for Lens in Ligue 1. Just 17 years of age, he has a long illustrious career ahead. Whilst he ma

Re: Raphael Varane - Destined for CB Stardom Nice post, good info. I believe he has actually appeared in 5 league games this season (once as a sub) and also once in the Coupe de France. He has sta

Re: Raphael Varane - Destined for CB Stardom Thanks for your post and I very much agree with you. It's only a matter of time until he moves to a 'bigger' club, not to offend any Lens fans.

Re: Raphael Varane - Destined for CB Stardom

I have Varane' date=' i love Varane and all the hype but 85! Its a joke right?[/quote']

What hype? He's been playing for the most dreadful team I've ever seen in any of these five top league bar Arlés-Avignon (and I'm a supporter of Lens). He's been our best performer week-in-and-week-out, no doubt. If anything, Varane should be the highest rated Lens players in SM. Though I understand it does take something extra ordinary to jump from 80 --> 86 (Runje just left Lens) that would perfectly resemble Varane's importancy for us.

Varane is pure quality and regarding these United and Lille talks - I'm 99% procent sure he won't move. Why leave the team that formed you into the player you've becomed? Why leave the team after being promoted to the first squad just 6-7 months ago? He should respect Lens for what the club has done to him and I believe he does that. Surely he's got to understand that he will never break into the current United side? With Smalling, who've replaced Ferdinand perfectly this season, and Vidic being Vidic, the chance are very slim (if anything) to break into that side. Oh, and I did not even mention Ferdinand... Lille seems a lot more realistic, but then we have to keep in mind that Lille are Lens' rivals number one and that Lens got relegated - it would be a massive blow for Lens to lose their top player by that faith, right? Surely, he's got have that in mind as well...? I mean, he does have a heart, right?

What hype? He's been playing for the most dreadful team I've ever seen in any of these five top league bar Arlés-Avignon (and I'm a supporter of Lens). He's been our best performer week-in-and-week-out' date=' no doubt. If anything, Varane should be the highest rated Lens players in SM. Though I understand it does take something extra ordinary to jump from 80 --> 86 (Runje just left Lens) that would perfectly resemble Varane's importancy for us.

Varane is pure quality and regarding these United and Lille talks - I'm 99% procent sure he [b']won't[/b] move. Why leave the team that formed you into the player you've becomed? Why leave the team after being promoted to the first squad just 6-7 months ago? He should respect Lens for what the club has done to him and I believe he does that. Surely he's got to understand that he will never break into the current United side? With Smalling, who've replaced Ferdinand perfectly this season, and Vidic being Vidic, the chance are very slim (if anything) to break into that side. Oh, and I did not even mention Ferdinand... Lille seems a lot more realistic, but then we have to keep in mind that Lille are Lens' rivals number one and that Lens got relegated - it would be a massive blow for Lens to lose their top player by that faith, right? Surely, he's got have that in mind as well...? I mean, he does have a heart, right?

if he is playing well it would be beneficial for his career to maintain playing at the top level standard. he would learn more that way. man united is way too big a step up, but if he went to a top division team in france, or a average top division team in england it would mean he gets to play at a better level than a level where he is clearly better than that.

that said, i do think he respects lens from what i have read about his interviews. his transfer fee could help them out big time. but he has a lot of potential, and is arguably too good for the 2nd division of france....

i wouldnt say he is selfish if he leaves by any means.

i would have a huge amount of respect for him if he stays though.

So a +5 answers your question!

I really wouldn't sell him as I'm sure he will go to a big club this summer.

Ordinarily I'd agree, but Varane is now worth 61% of my entire squad's worth. Selling him and getting other risers is perhaps the best way to go as his next rise won't be for a few months... :o

Ordinarily I'd agree' date=' but Varane is now worth 61% of my entire squad's worth. Selling him and getting other risers is perhaps the best way to go as his next rise won't be for a few months... :o[/quote']

hmm. would having a good player help you or just cripple your club with wages ?

i wouldnt sell him unless you can sell him to a manager club.

they should be able to pay 8-9 million for him, id you could do that then i would do it.

hmm. would having a good player help you or just cripple your club with wages ?

i wouldnt sell him unless you can sell him to a manager club.

they should be able to pay 8-9 million for him' date=' id you could do that then i would do it.[/quote']

Given that the highest valued managed club in the whole set-up is not even 60M and that Varane is about twice the worth of any other player it's not going to happen.

And with a rating cap of 80 I can't even P/E him. I could still build around him, though that would be a long slow process. Perhaps it would be better to have a team of 80-rated risers than a team of 70+ rated players surrounding their 85-rated rising star? :o

Given that the highest valued managed club in the whole set-up is not even 60M and that Varane is about twice the worth of any other player it's not going to happen.

And with a rating cap of 80 I can't even P/E him. I could still build around him' date=' though that would be a long slow process. Perhaps it would be better to have a team of 80-rated risers than a team of 70+ rated players surrounding their 85-rated rising star? :o[/quote']

At the end of the day, this is your decision. Whilst selling him and getting a few more risers may be more beneficial, Varane is a player who (In my opinion) is extremely likely to move to a bigger club, with MUFC being the most likely (that's my understanding anyway). IF that deal does go through, then I think it's likely he will get loaned out to another club (probably in France but possibly in England) where he will get more experience. Your choice.

Is it worth holding onto him or would it be better to sell and buy better/buy more risers?

With moving to a club such as MUFC quite possible, he could be a future star. Whilst you may make more money in the short term, you could regret it in 3 years or so.

At the end of the day' date=' this is your decision. Whilst selling him and getting a few more risers may be more beneficial, Varane is a player who (In my opinion) is extremely likely to move to a bigger club, with MUFC being the most likely (that's my understanding anyway). IF that deal does go through, then I think it's likely he will get loaned out to another club (probably in France but possibly in England) where he will get more experience. Your choice.[/quote']

I think I'm in agreement with YesEvil here. My next highest rated player is Obiora Nwankwo, rated 77 and worth 1.5M (it's a low value custom, the Great British League) so I think I really have no choice but to sell and buy risers...

RC Lens have made an offer to Annan Athletic for Raphaël VARANE of £12,216,000
The offer for Raphaël VARANE of Annan Athletic from RC Lens has been accepted.

Now how could I not accept?! :P Thanks for all your help everyone :)

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/06/10/2526384/manchester-united-target-raphael-varane-considering-options

words said from the player are 100X more valuable than the rubbish the media comes up with.

anyway, he seems to think regular game time is important and he has to be realistic, man united and bayern wont give that.

he could stay in lens, but ligue 1 looks the better option so he gets experience up.

i have to say i agree that even if he is bought, the big clubs would do better to loan him out.

i also think he needs first division experience to truely deveolp. division 2 wont help him get to the top of his game , which is what he could be aiming for.

vidic, smalling, ferdinand, now phil jones and even o'shea ahead of him?

possible but dosnt look good.

So' date=' apparently MUFC have had a bid accepted - preliminary - of £9.2M. Varane just needs to decide whether to accept this bid and he will talk about it with his family.

Let's see![/quote']

he was supposedly quoted saying he rather choose a club which offers 1st team football and man utd would not offer this. therefore he feels he cannot develope into a more complete player.

his head is definitely screwed on tight if this is true.

hopefully move to a bigger club BUT offers him a lot of 1st team action. :)

he was supposedly quoted saying he rather choose a club which offers 1st team football and man utd would not offer this. therefore he feels he cannot develope into a more complete player.

his head is definitely screwed on tight if this is true.

hopefully move to a bigger club BUT offers him a lot of 1st team action. :)

I think his head has been screwed off.

You guys think he will get first team football at Madrid??? Hardly. :mad:

Cheers,

Roy