Raphael Varane - Destined for CB Stardom

Re: Raphael Varane - Destined for CB Stardom

I think his head has been screwed off.

You guys think he will get first team football at Madrid??? Hardly. :mad:

Cheers' date='

Roy[/quote']

why not......................?

he is at the 2nd best club in the world.

atm madrid have very poor CB cover.

he could also get loaned out.

albiol is not great, neither is garay. if he plays and impresses mourinho when he is given the opportunity he could get game time.

he says he wants game time as well, and wants to be loaned back to france if he wont get it. so his head seems fine to me :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my first scouting report, so hopefully it is ok. Raphael Varane is a central defender who plays for Lens in Ligue 1. Just 17 years of age, he has a long illustrious career ahead. Whilst he ma

Re: Raphael Varane - Destined for CB Stardom Nice post, good info. I believe he has actually appeared in 5 league games this season (once as a sub) and also once in the Coupe de France. He has sta

Re: Raphael Varane - Destined for CB Stardom Thanks for your post and I very much agree with you. It's only a matter of time until he moves to a 'bigger' club, not to offend any Lens fans.

why not......................?

he is at the 2nd best club in the world.

atm madrid have very poor CB cover.

he could also get loaned out.

albiol is not great' date=' neither is garay. if he plays and impresses mourinho when he is given the opportunity he could get game time.

he says he wants game time as well, and wants to be loaned back to france if he wont get it. so his head seems fine to me :)[/quote']

i reckon that will be part of the deal, to be loaned back to lens which isnt a bad thing. question is how long will he actually take to break through or given a chance at real madrid?

its rare to be considered a top cb at young age due to the lack of exprience and start playing at a top club.

i reckon that will be part of the deal' date=' to be loaned back to lens which isnt a bad thing. question is how long will he actually take to break through or given a chance at real madrid?

its rare to be considered a top cb at young age due to the lack of exprience and start playing at a top club.[/quote']

i think he would be loaned to a top division french team. he would deveolp more there than he would being loaned out at a lower level.

it would not really help him get used to top tier football that madrid eventually want him to stand up to.

and who knows, although look at smalling. 23 almost and still nowhere near a regular first choice player. could be 1/2 years until he is used in rotation, could be 5. could be never !

its why i buy talents only when they are money makers too. so many of them flop or fail to become the next big thing becuase obviously not everybody can be 90 rated. but at least if they get rises they make me money so i dont loose out by any means :)

i think he would be loaned to a top division french team. he would deveolp more there than he would being loaned out at a lower level.

it would not really help him get used to top tier football that madrid eventually want him to stand up to.

and who knows' date=' although look at smalling. 23 almost and still nowhere near a regular first choice player. could be 1/2 years until he is used in rotation, could be 5. could be never !

its why i buy talents only when they are money makers too. so many of them flop or fail to become the next big thing becuase obviously not everybody can be 90 rated. but at least if they get rises they make me money so i dont loose out by any means :)[/quote']

haha! i picked him up early myself, i've even just offered (£20m) him to interested clubs as it will just take too long even if he makes it to the top to break into my team imo. i be better off keeping the young and already made defenders as it is, and when they get too old then start touting new talent.

and the £20m will help my make 1-2 coup from barcelona who has no manager now lol (if they accept my offer of £20m for a possible future star).

i have actually never ever seen this kid play or even kick a ball! is he actually that good? anyone been following his progress??

and who knows' date=' although look at smalling. 23 almost and still nowhere near a regular first choice player. could be 1/2 years until he is used in rotation, could be 5. could be never !

[/quote']

Not quite - Smalling is 21 ;)

i thought he was almost 22' date=' and think next year he may start to get more action.

basically meant he will be 23 before he really deveolps as a player, just a very poor way of phrasing it ![/quote']

Well, you were wrong! just admit it :D

No big deal, he's 21.5 if we're going to bicker over numbers and so next season he'll be 22 and I expect him to get game again as Rio is a cripple and SAF knows that he needs to blood a cpl of the young CBs at the club in case the Vidic and Rio break down (again). :P

Well' date=' you were wrong! just admit it :D

No big deal, he's 21.5 if we're going to bicker over numbers and so next season he'll be 22 and I expect him to get game again as Rio is a cripple and SAF knows that he needs to blood a cpl of the young CBs at the club in case the Vidic and Rio break down (again). :P[/quote']

i hope your not serious ! i was merely suggesting that even the most talented of players wont be a regular until 22 or 23 for CB positions !

hmm ferdinand. has a lot to offer but i see him being used like giggs and scholes: for big games ferdinand or start of the season . any other games smalling, especially as fatigue / injuries come in towards the end of the season.

smalling may get the last 20mins of games as RB as well, after subs etc smalling went to RB a couple of times i remember. he looked rubbish, but he might be used for the occasional 20 or so mins to see out games there. hasnt got good enough feet for it imo, but its another place he could get game time :)

Mourinho could easily sell Albiol and Garay so Varane would be first choice back up. And i have a feeling Pepe will be playing more off a Defensive Mid role next season so Varane might even start alot off games

thats what i was thinking, except forgot about pepe.

pepe in DM : when he was there barca couldnt score, it says a lot. although thats only for big games i doubt pepe would be used in a more attacking formation. and in these big games even a struggling player like albiol has more experience than varane.....i doubt hed realy use varane in these big games.

but imo pepe, carvalho cb. ramos if arbeloa covers him. those 3 who else is there?

albiol and garay are far from irreplaceable or impressive. look at santon at inter, if varane plays his cards right he could easily do very well.

I can't see Smalling playing RB tbh unless SAF has used all his subs. With Raphael, Fabio, O'Shea he has plenty of other and far better options.

I do agree that Rio will probably play the big games and Smalling gets a chance to show his class in cup fixtures and league games Man U "should" win. :rolleyes:

I don't necessarily agree about your age stipulation regarding a CB.

Sure, you need a certain amount of experience to learn the positional part of the game, but some never learn to "read the game". :P There are plenty of players <22/23 yrs of age that are first choice CBs for good clubs in Europe, otherwise they wouldn't already be rated 89-91 at that age.

A few that spring to mind are Subotic, Hummels, Badstuber, Reinartz and Kjaer in the Bunderliga, then there's Sakho, Rakytskiy, Mussachio as well. ;)

I can't see Smalling playing RB tbh unless SAF has used all his subs. With Raphael, Fabio, O'Shea he has plenty of other and far better options.

I do agree that Rio will probably play the big games and Smalling gets a chance to show his class in cup fixtures and league games Man U "should" win. :rolleyes:

as i said it would be very rare, and its usually when he is already playing the game anyway or in the last 20 mins. i just want to see if he can even remotely adapt to play there more interestingly. he has played there rarely, but he looks so clumsy when he does compared to other RB i dont know why he has played there 3/4 times. strange. only for 20 or so mins yes, but id have thought there are much better options than him there !

Sure, you need a certain amount of experience to learn the positional part of the game, but some never learn to "read the game". :P There are plenty of players <22/23 yrs of age that are first choice CBs for good clubs in Europe, otherwise they wouldn't already be rated 89-91 at that age.

A few that spring to mind are Subotic, Hummels, Badstuber, Reinartz and Kjaer in the Bunderliga, then there's Sakho, Rakytskiy, Mussachio as well. ;)

you dont have to be old at all. santon isnt a CB but a LB at UCL level says a lot too: im just saying it could be that long before we see him get game time. easily could be 5 years. hope it wont but wouldnt surprising if so !

And i have a feeling Pepe will be playing more off a Defensive Mid role next season

Then what will happen to Sahin, Khedira, Lass (if he isn't sold by then) and perhaps even Altintop (didn't include Alonso as he'll be a starter anyway)? I cannot see why Pepe should be playing futher up on the pitch, as Mourinho already possess a German international (Khedira) and Sahin, who was voted the best Bundesliga player this past season. Even if Pepe would get pushed up higher on the field, then this means Real Madrid would most likely play a 4-3-3 formation á la Barca game. What would happen to one of their best player and perhaps the most exciting young player on earth - Özil? He is more of an attacking-midfielder than a winger.

I can't see Smalling playing RB tbh unless SAF has used all his subs. With Raphael' date=' Fabio, O'Shea he has plenty of other and far better options.

A few that spring to mind are Subotic, Hummels, Badstuber, Reinartz and Kjaer in the Bunderliga, then there's Sakho, Rakytskiy, Mussachio as well. ;)[/quote']

Agree with Herby. Thiago Silva was 25 89 rated some time back. Hardly inspiring looking SM speaking. After that he went on to rise to 91 then 92 then 93. So I rally wouldnt look too much into it if Smalling is still rated around 88 when he turns 23.

Agree with Herby. Thiago Silva was 25 89 rated some time back. Hardly inspiring looking SM speaking. After that he went on to rise to 91 then 92 then 93. So I rally wouldnt look too much into it if Smalling is still rated around 88 when he turns 23.

im not saying its a bad thing at all being "old" and low rated, im actually saying defenders can take many years to deveolp so varane it could easily be half a decade before we see him with regular action :eek:

that is a long time !

im not saying its a bad thing at all being "old" and low rated' date=' im actually saying defenders can take many years to deveolp so varane it could easily be half a decade before we see him with regular action :eek:

that is a long time ![/quote']

I Wouldn't Think 5 Years But Around That. Depends On Which Club He Joins (if He Joins Any.)

Perhaps for a couple of seasons' date=' but we will see. RM's defence is certainly their weakest part. Perhaps he will get loaned out even.[/quote']

hope he does. would be a shame if he rots in the B team. im sure a side in the top flight would take him on loan, look at getafe, just took albertazzi from ac milan on loan.

• 2 weeks later...