Brazil Série A Rating Predictions

Alurcard

Re: Brazil Série A Rating Predictions

Team of the season:

Fabio (Cruzeiro); Marcos Rocha (Altetico Mineiro), Dede (Cruzeiro), Manoel (Atletico Paranaense), Alex Telles (Gremio); Nilton (Cruzeiro), Elias (Flamengo), Everton Ribeiro (Cruzeiro), Paulo Baier (Atletico Paranaense); Walter (Goias), Ederson (Atletico Paranaense)

Young player of the year: Marcelo (Atletico Paranaense)

Brazil's player of the year : Everton Ribeiro

After Round 37, its going to take a great escape for title holders Fluminense to beat the drop.

They got a decent 2-2 but fellow relegation battlers Coritiba & Cricuma turned their fortunes around and got surprising home wins against Botafogo (denting their top 3 challenge) & Sao Paulo. Vasco won as expected but still need a massive performance to stay up....Internacional more or less safe now, 3 points off relegation but a decent goal difference over Vasco.

At the top end, Gremio beat Goias 1-0 to secure a top 3 finish. Atlético Paranaense lost to Santos which means can still be caught by Goias or Botafogo for 3 spot.

table:

Screen_Shot_2013-12-02_at_18.38.09.png

the all important final round:

Flamengo v Cruzeiro

Náutico v Corinthians

Sun 08/12/13

Botafogo v Criciúma

São Paulo v Coritiba

Bahia v Fluminense

Internacional v Ponte Preta

Goiás v Santos

Atlético Mineiro v Vitória

Atlético PR v Vasco da Gama

Portuguesa v Grêmio

With the Jan window not far off, a few stories starting to circulate....

AC Milan looking to sign Botafogo defender Doria
Report: Arsenal's £6.5 Million bid rejected for Alexandre Pato
If their forward Alexandre Pato will leave, Corinthians could replace him with International de Porto Alegre 24 year old Leandro Damiao.
Chile forward Eduardo Vargas moves closer towards Santos move

& Finally a Brazilian legend returns?...

Brazilian striker, Adriano, is set to sign for Brazilian side Atlético PR after a season away from football.

The deal that was announced today in newspaper, Extra, reports that Adriano is very close to confirming his return to football.

Agent, Luiz Claudio de Menezes, said: “Indeed, yes this story proceeds from trading. Well underway the conversations with Atlético - PR. Believe that by the end of the day we have news and outcome of this story so he could return to play in 2014."

Would be nice to see Adriano back.

Used to be a beast at Inter, shame drinking and his behavoir ruined what could have been an excellent career.

As for Pato, I really would like him at Arsenal. A risky buy, but if he can get back to what he was at Milan would be a bargain, still only 24 too.

Would be nice to see Adriano back.

Used to be a beast at Inter' date=' shame drinking and his behavoir ruined what could have been an excellent career.

As for Pato, I really would like him at Arsenal. A risky buy, but if he can get back to what he was at Milan would be a bargain, still only 24 too.[/quote']

I hope he makes a (successful) comeback (again)

he got cuaght back up in the party scene last time, but he says he is focused on getting on the WC2014 squad, it being at home is a massive focus.

& you know what, with the absolute lack of CF for Brazil, he might just have a shot (if he stays lean and mean)

Is Girotto Gabriel worth keeping? I have in in a competitive setup and am looking to use someone to trade for a player at external so would just like a general opinion on him. Cheers

id keep him. One of the select few 'talents' who actually justify the hype.

Alan Santos worth keeping?

Is literally a case of...who? Nothing more than a squad player' date=' unless Santos sell there main midfield assets he isnt worth hanging on too currently.

Id be looking more at Alison.

Is Douglas Baggio that good or it's just the usual hype ?

If he was that good, FLA would have him in the first team squad.

All Hype.

Until he see him get a season under his belt, its all talk....much alike Adryan & Mattheus.

Is he on the DB yet?

not yet I was just asking as I was going to offer max when he gets added but now he will just be on my shortlist

;2797798']If he was that good' date=' FLA would have him in the first team squad.

All Hype.

Until he see him get a season under his belt, its all talk....much alike Adryan & Mattheus.[/quote']

glad I am not a scout in real life I would be easily fooled :D so why isn't Doria hyped like that he seems to be the only real talent

not yet I was just asking as I was going to offer max when he gets added but now he will just be on my shortlist

glad I am not a scout in real life I would be easily fooled :D so why isn't Doria hyped like that he seems to be the only real talent

Baggio has a massive reputation at youth level but that doesn't mean much as the mans game is completely different. He's still what like 18... Could be a star or Flop..

Baggio has a massive reputation at youth level but that doesn't mean much as the mans game is completely different. He's still what like 18... Could be a star or Flop..

buying Brazillian youths is always a huge risk you could get the next Kerlon or Neymar is really hit and miss,i think they Hype up there kids a load to try and offload the ones they know are not very good or won't make it at top level but youth the looked unreal

yes and I think he was ranked 20 in top 100 wonderkids so I thought he might be that special but seems like the brazilians are crying wolf with every youngster

yes and I think he was ranked 20 in top 100 wonderkids so I thought he might be that special but seems like the Brazilians are crying wolf with every youngster

What top 100 Wonderkid list are you referring too? Ive never seen him appear in any respectable ones....

In a nutshell.

They do mate. Its purely financial. To get there kids a big money move abroad and put cash in the coffers.

Many young Brazilians are part own by a 3rd party, usually a bunch of investors.

A good example from a few years back, Traffic.

Local, then regional, then national media gets revved up about players to generate interest in such players.

Huge clauses are put on youth players again to rev up the interest.

And once in a while, a foreign club will take a punt, putting cash in the investors pockets.

Or they wait and the kid imposes himself in the Brasiliero, and clubs have to part with huge sums to satisfy all the ownerships of the player.