Brazil Série A Rating Predictions

Re: Brazil Série A Rating Predictions

Ok, lets do a round up of the Copa Sao Paulo so far, groups stages have ended, and some knock out ties played already.......and as usual some nice stories merging.

First of all what is the Copa SP?

The Copa São Paulo de Futebol Júnior in 2014 , officially named Copa São Paulo Hitachi Junior Football for reasons of patronage, is the 45th edition of "Copinha" the greatest competition of Junior soccer in Brazil , played for junior clubs around the country. Organized by the Paulista Football Federation (FPF), occurs between 3 and 25 January , the anniversary of the city of São Paulo.

The Competition will be held in six phases: the first phase, second phase, eighth-finals, quarter-finals, semi-finals and final. Participated in the first phase a total of 104 clubs, divided into 26 groups, so from A to Z. (worth noting that this year Kashiwa Reysol of Japan were invited on behalf of sponsors Hitachi)

In the first phase, the clubs played each other within the group in a single match, qualifying for the second phase of the club that got the most points won in their respective groups and the six best second-placed clubs, regardless of the group they belonged.

A good wikipedia page is ongoing here:

COPA SP 2014 WIKI

Firstly, we have the next Neymar. & the next Neymar Mark II. :rolleyes:

As much as i hate the hype and labelling, 2 Santos strikers shining. Neilton however was booted out the squad for a poor attitude after 2 games. He was very very much upstaged by Yuri Stefano & Diego Cardoso. Yuri scored 5 goals in the 3 games & Cardoso went one better with 6. Both grabbed a hattrick in the opening game, an 8-0 win. All be it weak oppositionm, reports have been very glowing about them. Read more on these threads includes all their goals plus some other tasty strikes from fellow starlets Medeiros & Serginho.

Diego CARDOSO

Stefano YURI

2 other stand outs have been (no surprise) Boschilla, and teammate Ewandro, both Sao Paulo, both netting twice in the group games. A little more on them later.

Santos were last seasons victorious finalists, however last seasons finalists Goias miserably this time around. Many of the powerhouses sailed through, but 7 teams in the Brazilian Championship Serie A will not be represented in 16 spot of the competition, while 15 clubs from the São Paulo district progressed.

One of the great disappointments of the first phase was the Goiás Current runner-up Copinha the Esmeraldino failed more than one win in the first phase, ending with the bitter last place in Group F, led by Linense.

Gremio was also disappointed. The Tricolor Gaúcho even managed to win in the first round, finishing third in the Q Group, led by the amazing Taboao da Serra, who had 100% success in the games.

Rounding out the group of teams in Serie A that fell by the wayside, Figueirense, Atlético-PR, Bahia, Criciuma and Vitoria.

Among the major surprises come the names of some teams with the highest expression, as Mirassol, the elite of São Paulo soccer, which eliminated Atletico-PR, Sao Bernardo and the Audax also the Series A-1 of the State of São Paulo. They eliminated in their groups, Nautical and Vasco respectively.

Other teams with less familiar names also surprised. The Flamengo-SP (who get a mention further on), entitled to a 9-0 rout of Imagine SC, passed by a group of Victoria BA and traditional Juventus-SP.

Already Aquidauanense, Mato Grosso do Sul, held the draw with Flamengo and managed to rank among the best runners-up. Sao Carlos, in turn, forced the favourites Palmeiras rooting for results to classify there qualification as a best runner up (They scrapped through).

So here we go. Knock out football. Bolded the Serie A clubs.

Ferrovaria 3 X 2 Sport Recife

Fluminense 2 X 1 Ceará

International X Linense

Coritiba X San Carlos

Flamengo X Mirassol

Corinthians X Juventude

Paraná Clube 3 X 0 CRB

Goiânia 1 X 4 América-MG

Taboao da Serra 3 X 2 Sao Bernardo

Cruizeiro 1 X 2 Audax-SP

Portuguesa 0 X 2 Grêmio Osasco

Santos 4 X 0 Kashiwa Reysol

Sao Paulo 5 X 1 National-SP

Botafogo 0 X 3 Brasilia

Flamengo-SP 4 X 3 Palmeiras

Atlético-MG 2 X 0 Aquidauanense-MS

As you can see, some of the results are in already and we have had some shocks! Crashing out are Cruzeiro, Botafogo, Portuguesa & many peoples favourites to win the cup Palmeiras. Minnow clubs Brasilia, Gremio Osasco (Managed by ex-PSV,Inter, PSG & Brazil international Vampeta), Audax SP & Flamengo-SP move on!

Flamengo-SP are an interesting story. They conquered Palmeiras in a thrilling 4-3 game, & FLA-SP (nothing to do with Flamengo) consist of all players that Corinthians deem not good enough for there own junior sides so since 2010 loan them all to Fla-SP, even the coach is kind of on work placement from Corinth! And to add to the irony, Palmerias' biggest rivals are Corinthians, so effective dumped out by their rivals Junior side reserves & cast offs!

Brasilia, one of the surprises of the competition so far, shocked Botafogo and will now face Sao Paulo, who romped to victory 5-1. As promises, a little more on the stars of the show, Boschilla & Ewandro. Boschilla is devastating in pulling the strings, and his set pieces have been brilliant (i think he has scored at least 2 free kicks, finding match reports is tricky.) Ewandro, regarded as the best player in U17 at the club, missed the U17 World Cup as he wasnt picked, whilst the likes of Mosquito, Nathan, Gabigol all went as the strikers, as well as teammates Auro, Gustavo Hebling, Lucas Silva, Boschilia and Joanderson. Looks like Brazil overlooked him, he was in stunning form, grabbing a hattrick in the 5-1 win over Nacional-SP. Boschilla & Gustavo Hebling are reported to have been requested by coach Muricy Ramalho to step up to the first team, and now it seems Ewandro will too.

Cruzeiro, another big favourite lost 2-1 to Audax SP in a twice delayed game. The weather has been intensely hot in some games, and the ref called a water break after 20 mins. Bizarrely, a severe hailstorrm lead to another halt 5 mins into the second half for 10mins, game resumed for 4mins and was abandoned again for 5 mins as more fell. The weather disrupted the game, but both teams were built on tough defenses and string attacking, Audax-SP won on the day, keeping mighty Cruzeiro at bay for a 2-1 win.

Santos crushed Japanese vistors Kashiwa Reysol 4-0, Stefano Yuri scoring again & will face Gremio Osasco.

Remaining games concern 4 Serie A clubs:

International X Linense

Coritiba X Sao Carlos (results just in, Sao Carlos win 3-4 on pens! another minnow thorugh)

Flamengo X Mirassol (1-0 FLA)

Corinthians X Juventude

these games are tonight, il keep you posted after the next stages!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Brazil Série A Rating Predictions Also, just for the record, here's my early draft of who I think are the best value-for-money players in Brazil right now if you are looking to make a quick buck.

Re: Brazil Série A Rating Predictions Its definitely a gamble - not for Shakthar, but for Fred himself. Fred was becoming a super player in Brazil, but when you wave 15M in front of a club they wil

Re: Brazil Série A Rating Predictions He's very good in the linkup play, both as the pivot and the one who starts the move - he's not rare to come further down to linkup and has a good passing abilit

Remaining games concern 4 Serie A clubs:

Coritiba X Sao Carlos (results just in, Sao Carlos win 3-4 on pens! another minnow thorugh)

Flamengo X Mirassol (1-0 FLA - Douglas Baggio netting the winner)

Corinthians X Juventude

International X Linense

so to conclude last nights games, Corinth won 7-1 :eek:, Internacional scraped through on penalties after 1-1 draw..

last 16 match up like this:

Todays games:

Flamengo-SP v Atlético Mineiro

Taboao da Serra v Audax

Grêmio Osasco v Santos

Sao Paulo v Brasilia

Tomorrow

Ferroviara v Fluminense

Internacional v Sao Carlos

Flamengo v Corinthians

Parana v America Mineiro

JMH, can I have your expert opinion on the following few... I'm clearing up my gold shortlist and need to know where they stand :D Most of these I have across various GW's. Thanks in anticipation!

Rodrigo CAIO

Vinicius ARAUJO

Matheus Doria

Oliveira Mattheus

Matheus Bressan

Victor Andrade

Almeida Abner

Barbosa Gabriel

Meira Neilton

Tavares Adryan

Monteiro Otavio

Pulgas Giva

JMH' date=' can I have your expert opinion on the following few... I'm clearing up my gold shortlist and need to know where they stand :D Most of these I have across various GW's. Thanks in anticipation!

Rodrigo CAIO

Vinicius ARAUJO

Matheus Doria

[b']Oliveira Mattheus[/b]

Matheus Bressan

Victor Andrade

Almeida Abner

Barbosa Gabriel

Meira Neilton

Tavares Adryan

Monteiro Otavio

Pulgas Giva

i wouldnt sell any for another 12months yet.

Purely as squads settling down and wont know about lineups until the next season comes around.

If you have to sell, i ve bolded those id let go if needs be, purely as their nowhere near first team starters.

;2828250']Remaining games concern 4 Serie A clubs:

Coritiba X Sao Carlos (results just in' date=' Sao Carlos win 3-4 on pens! another minnow thorugh)

Flamengo X Mirassol (1-0 FLA - Douglas Baggio netting the winner)

Corinthians X Juventude

International X Linense

so to conclude last nights games, Corinth won 7-1 :eek:, Internacional scraped through on penalties after 1-1 draw..

last 16 match up like this:

[u']Todays games:[/u]

Flamengo-SP v Atlético Mineiro

Taboao da Serra v Audax

Grêmio Osasco v Santos

Sao Paulo v Brasilia

Tomorrow

Ferroviara v Fluminense

Internacional v Sao Carlos

Flamengo v Corinthians

Parana v America Mineiro

ok, on to the next rounds.

Ferroviara 0v2 Fluminense

Internacional 2v1 Sao Carlos

Flamengo 1v2 Corinthians

Parana 2v1 America Mineiro

Flamengo-SP 0v5 Atlético Mineiro

Taboao da Serra 5v1 Audax

Grêmio Osasco 1v4 Santos

Sao Paulo 1v1 Brasilia (Sao Paulo 4-2 on pens)

cometition over for Brasilia(who were impressive), Audax, Gremio Osasco, Fla-SP, Ferroviara & Sao Carlos.

Just the big boys left plus Parana & Taboao de Serra, an absoulte fairytale adventure for them, and there player GUSATVO, currently the Copa top scorer on 9.

Round up the games,

Ath MG despatch the team with 100% win rate & team top scorers Flamengo SP 5-0, damaged done n the 2nd half. Report here

Santos cruise 4-1, Diego Cardoso & Stefano Yuri scoring again. Game kicked off 15mins late as ambiance didnt arrive on time! Report here

It was a struggle, but Sao Paulo passed Brasilia on penalties by 4-2 after a 1-1 draw in normal time. Report

Coming back from behind Corinthians over come Flamengo 2-1. Report

Internacional & Flamengo move on against minnow sides reports

moves us on last 8:

Fluminense v Internacional

Corinthians v Parana

Taboao de Serra 0v3 Santos

Sao Paulo 1v5 Atletico MG

Sao Paulo crushed 5-1, they were terrible in defence, missing key striker Ewandro, and were punished by Ath-MG. Within 30mins they were 2-0 down and Lucas Silva, Lucas Posignolo, Foguete, Gabriel had commited big errors early on, only rescued by the keeper.Sao got back into the game on 50mins thorugh Ty (Tyroane Joe Sandows - 18 year old South African striker) and pressed but Ath MG defended well. on 66, scored again and went on to add 2 more.

Santos continue to roll on to the finals, beating Taboao 3-0. Interestingly, it was the first game they have played away from home. Comfortable in the end, TdS started nervously conceded after 17, got back into the game but conceded again on 32. A 70min penalty by Diego Cardoso sealed the game (8th goal now). Key striker Stefano Yuri got taken off injured after a heavy collision. Big loss.

Fluminense v Internacional

Corinthians v Parana

Semi Finals:

Santos v Ath MG

Ederson Silva of Atletico Paranaense' date=' scored a lot of goals last season and is only rated 85, was thinking of buying him in a setup I'm in but want to know whether you think he'll rise (JMH)?

Thanks[/quote']

atm, no. 85 is pretty much on the money for his breakout season. If he excels again, could be a wise investment. However, Brazilian players that do well seem to be heading to China & Middle East rather than Europe

Aloisio

Rogerio

Hernane

Digao

Hyuri

just a few that had a decent season and immediately picked up by Chinese & Middle East clubs.

He could however disappear back to nothing,Ath PR really did punch above there weight, where tipped to go down, and subsequently being stripped of several of there better players.....& many Brazilian players are one season wonders..

It really is a wait and see im afraid to whether he will push on.

;2830013']i wouldnt sell any for another 12months yet.

Purely as squads settling down and wont know about lineups until the next season comes around.

If you have to sell' date=' i ve bolded those id let go if needs be, purely as their nowhere near first team starters.[/quote']

Can't rep you any more, but thanks mate :D

JMH' date=' can I have your expert opinion on the following few... I'm clearing up my gold shortlist and need to know where they stand :D Most of these I have across various GW's. Thanks in anticipation!

Rodrigo CAIO

Vinicius ARAUJO

Matheus Doria

Oliveira Mattheus

Matheus Bressan

Victor Andrade

Almeida Abner

Barbosa Gabriel

Meira Neilton

Tavares Adryan

Monteiro Otavio

Pulgas Giva[/quote']

;2830013']i wouldnt sell any for another 12months yet.

If you have to sell' date=' i ve bolded those id let go if needs be, purely as their nowhere near first team starters.[/quote']I'd keep Gabriel, Abner, and Matheus, but like you say all have some potential and it's difficult to pick.

Gabriel scored for Santos the other day in the first game of the Paulista, and Matheus also got a game.

Though like JMH said, this doesn't necessarily mean first team football when the league starts.

In the remaining Quarter final match ups, Corinthians defeated Parana 1-0, striker Malcolm getting the winner after impressive work by Ze Paulo, one of there best players.

Fluminense defeated Internacional on penalties after a 0-0 draw, FLU missing a hatfull of chances to kill the game in normal time.

The Semi final match pitches Corinthians against Fluminense & happens tonight. In the other semifinal, Santos face up to Atlético-MG this evening, missing key players through suspension including Diego Cardoso. Unsure if Stefano Yuri is fit either after getting taken off in the last match. Eyes will be on Ath MG revelation Carlos, dubbed the new 'Bernard', with 8 goals so far in the Copinha.

I'd keep Gabriel' date=' Abner, and Matheus, but like you say all have some potential and it's difficult to pick.

Gabriel scored for Santos the other day in the first game of the Paulista, and Matheus also got a game.

Though like JMH said, this doesn't necessarily mean first team football when the league starts.[/quote']

Indeed Gabigol played as the main CF, for some strange reason Damiao isnt being allowed to play, some problem with his registration.

Throw in the mix Geuvanio too, he came back from a loan spell and broke into the side too, plays wide left of the attack i believe.

Santos win 3-0 to reach their second final in a row. Classic counter attacking from Santos after Ath MG made all the attacking threats but failed to score. Stefano Yuri passed a last fitness test and scored twice in absence of Diego Cardoso (who played for the First XI instead!)

Manteca Octavio of Botafogo.. any info on him at all?

Will he play more now Seedorf has gone?

Maybe, but there are a few young players vying for that spot, or that back-up spot. Will be between him and Gegé i'd imagine.

Will know more when the season starts, and they have a Libertadores game at the end of this month.

Manteca Octavio of Botafogo.. any info on him at all?

Will he play more now Seedorf has gone?

not very familiar with him. Did he play last night or something?

*Just read the match reports, Botafogo is using there B team currently

The games on now are really insignificant. If guys play now dont assume they will play in Serie A. Some clubs use it to try players out, some clubs boycott it all together, eg Ath PR played just a youth side last year and the first team spend the time training and playing friendlies.

Bolatti, Mattos, Wagner, Lodeiro, Cidinho all yet to feature but will 100% be in the Serie A season squad.

Also for the AM spot, Gege, Sassa, Cidinho, Jeferson, plus if anyone else promoted from Copinha squad