Brazil Série A Rating Predictions

Alurcard

Re: Brazil Série A Rating Predictions

I suppose it's difficult to judge brazilian players' potential and even more difficult to estimate their chances to make big careers' date=' but can you try to make some predictions on these boys?

YURI, Stéfano

KENEDY, Robert

MOSQUITO, Rodrigues

VALDÍVIA, Ferreira

BOSCHILIA, Gabriel

CARDOSO, Diego

MALCOM, Oliveira

ABNER, Almeida

DANILO, Barbosa

SILVA, Lucas

WELISON, José

ROBERT, Santos[/quote']

impossible.

the only thing i can say is they are all promises with their current clubs and out of all them, Valdivia, Welison, Boschilla are the likest to get minutes currently IMO. Maybe Mosquito too as Marcelo was rumoured to be on the move to Corinthians before the WC.

Abner & Danilo arent in Brazil anymore.

League resumes tomorrow night.

;2954308']impossible.

the only thing i can say is they are all promises with their current clubs and out of all them' date=' Valdivia, Welison, Boschilla are the likest to get minutes currently IMO. Maybe Mosquito too as Marcelo was rumoured to be on the move to Corinthians before the WC.

Abner & Danilo arent in Brazil anymore.

League resumes tomorrow night.[/quote']

Where's Abner? at Roma?

;2954303']I reckon if he looks to Europe to progress his career' date=' it will be as a DM/CM

SAO are just terrible at the back and Caio was put there to steady things and has been good/consistent.[/quote']

I hope he does move to that position after watching him play there.

Many thanks for your input :)

;2954303']I reckon if he looks to Europe to progress his career' date=' it will be as a DM/CM

SAO are just terrible at the back and Caio was put there to steady things and has been good/consistent.[/quote']

maybe you will be correct maybe not however i don't understand the media comparing him to thiago silva if he's better in midfield. ( i know he's not close to being thiago silva)

maybe you will be correct maybe not however i don't understand the media comparing him to thiago silva if he's better in midfield. ( i know he's not close to being thiago silva)

dont forget thiago silva was a right winger to start with :P

all i can say is he is very good in the holding 'wheel' role for the National side, and looking to the future, Marquinhos, Doria, Juan Jesus all very capable centre backs, so he could be cover for them if SAO keep utilising him as a CB, but Toloi has returned from Roma so could be a starter.

;2954109']Next review should be about December.

Id say Doria as he is probably going to move to Europe within the next 12-18 months' date=' but Rodrigo Caio is a great young player too. Cant compare them to players based in Europe, its a whole different ball game.

Unfortunately no one has a crystal ball mate, Brazil is very tricky to even fathom a prediction on a players career. Many have a flash in the pan season, and drop back into obscurity.

Keep them all, and the more they play, the more chance of rising. Common sense really im afraid, and with it based on real life its going to take years to see if you made the right choice.[/quote']

Thanks for the reply.

What I am most curious about is if there is a pattern to the ratings. Take the players who had a rating increase this summer, from 76 to 80, for instance. Are these new ratings already accounting for them to be starters for the rest of the season or do you think that in December, if these players keep starting, they'll get another boost?

Or... it will depend on each case... and SM is quite detailed and will evaluate each player individually based on their performance and not on the number of minutes and starts and success of the team? I am not quite sure how ratings are done and how many people are involved and to what degree of detail they delve into, at least for these leagues outside Europe.

I did some research through statistics of the first games of the Brasileirão and shortlisted some players based on their minutes... most of them had a rating increase. I just wonder if the pattern repeats or if as they reach a certain rating, the evaluation begins to be more rigorous, putting it that way.

;2954732']dont forget thiago silva was a right winger to start with :P

all i can say is he is very good in the holding 'wheel' role for the National side' date=' and looking to the future, Marquinhos, Doria, Juan Jesus all very capable centre backs, so he could be cover for them if SAO keep utilising him as a CB, but Toloi has returned from Roma so could be a starter.[/quote']

really? haha that's hilarious and yes i saw the response regarding that player.

really? haha that's hilarious and yes i saw the response regarding that player.

yep. he ended up in defence because he was terrible! His career path is very interesting read' date=' wikipedia has the brief outline....nearly died of TB in 2005 at Porto after the doctor couldnt diagnose his illness...

FIFA.com: How do you feel being among the 23 Ballon d’Or finalists?

Thiago Silva: Above all else it fills me with a sense of pride. It’s an honour to be in this group. Just being one of the 23 is immensely satisfying. I know it’s difficult to win it, but nothing is impossible.

Forwards always get more exposure. Does the fact you are on the shortlist as a centre-back make it even more special?

Very much so. If you look at the list there is only one centre-back. It makes me even prouder to be amid all those star names. Competing against forwards is complicated. People tend to overlook other positions. Having said that, the forwards have worked hard to be there.

Does it bother you?

It’s natural. When I dreamt of being a footballer I dreamt of being a forward, but I wasn’t talented enough. I started off as a right-winger, but my coaches pushed me further and further back. So much so that I ended up in defence, because I wasn’t good with my hands and there was nowhere else to go! So they put me there and that’s when I found my position.

Thanks for the reply.

What I am most curious about is if there is a pattern to the ratings. Take the players who had a rating increase this summer' date=' from 76 to 80, for instance. Are these new ratings already accounting for them to be starters for the rest of the season or do you think that in December, if these players keep starting, they'll get another boost?

Or... it will depend on each case... and SM is quite detailed and will evaluate each player individually based on their performance and not on the number of minutes and starts and success of the team? I am not quite sure how ratings are done and how many people are involved and to what degree of detail they delve into, at least for these leagues outside Europe.

I did some research through statistics of the first games of the Brasileirão and shortlisted some players based on their minutes... most of them had a rating increase. I just wonder if the pattern repeats or if as they reach a certain rating, the evaluation begins to be more rigorous, putting it that way.[/quote']

ratings are a minefield, much debated on the forum. the rises are for a number of factors to date, minutes, repuatation, scouting reports, match reports, team success.....alot of research does go into it.

each players is reviewed individually, periodically. Brazil usually twice a season, the next time will be December i think.

those that are starting who went to 80, could well rise to 82/83 if they are established regulars. Then over time continue to rise to 84/85/86/87etc based on club success, NT partcipation, minutes, form etc etc.

Douglas COUTINHO: future national team player?

99% sure he wont be. Never played for any of the junior NT sides which is always a good indicator he is on the radar of the coaches.

Unless he develops over the next 3/4/5 years into a top player

y.mamute had him since he was on db also m.leandro not sure whether to keep them or not.

i would for another season.

the 'Mammoth' has much promise as a strong, bustling centre forward - a position Brazil are crying out for, he started last night for Botafogo.

Leandro just needs to break out. He has played at all levels to date so he is admired by the NT setup, and was very good in Serie B last season, problem is at Palmerias he keeps getting competition in his positions, winger & striker - but they have sold Marquinhos Gabriel yesterday who was playing on the left of the front 3, a position which Leandro could now fill in...

However new coach Gareca has acquired Argentine striker Pablo Mouche to lead the line but hopefully for Leandro he will replace Henrique through the middle. Depends on what tactic he will go for. Find out a bit more tonight when they play Santos.

They both have time on there side, and experienced players head of them.

Re: Riferimento: Brazil Série A Rating Predictions

;2956326']85 is way too high anyway for him.

How and why is 85 "way too high" for him? He's a nice player, he was best scorer in Serie A by far last season, 21 goals, only 1 penalty, and his team finished 3rd! It was his first season at top level, so it's understandable that his rating is not that high yet, but by no means he is overrated at his current rating.

Douglas COUTINHO: future national team player?
;2955129']99% sure he wont be. Never played for any of the junior NT sides which is always a good indicator he is on the radar of the coaches.

Unless he develops over the next 3/4/5 years into a top player

This^. I created a thread on him a while back probably needs a bit updating. Assisted one and Scored one so far tonight.

Manoel should stay at Cruzeiro until next season atleast then have a shot in Italy or Shakhtar :P