Alurcard

Brazil Série A Rating Predictions

Has anyone mentioned Pedro Rocha of Gremio? 78 rated' date=' started 17 out of their 18 games, scored 4. Surely worthy of a +3/4?[/quote']

I don't think so. He was added after about 13 starts, so really, you'd be giving him a +1 for every start since then. With time, definitely a player to buy. But he won't rise like that right away.

Has anyone mentioned Pedro Rocha of Gremio? 78 rated' date=' started 17 out of their 18 games, scored 4. Surely worthy of a +3/4?[/quote']

Reasonable chance come the next review cycle, unless the powers that be decide to split his rises into two, which they sometimes seem fond of doing. Either way the second rise often comes not long after the first if that's done, so +3/4 is about right, and possibly even more if SM are on a really wild mood.

Hmmm' date=' so-so would be a fair evaluation. Mostly out of the team so far this season. Looked ok against Fluminense at the back end of June, barely played since and very average when he did. Would avoid for now. [/quote']

Erik's in fine shape. 2 goals and an assist this weekend in the 3-0 win over Sao Paulo, and he looked very very sharp. Keep him on your radar.

Globoesporte named him player of the week: http://sportv.globo.com/site/Trofeu-Armando-Nogueira/noticia/2015/08/armandao-garoto-erik-ressurge-no-goias-e-e-eleito-o-craque-da-rodada19.html

Flamengo and Atletico Mineiro both have made offers, but Goias claim that he's "either playing in Europe or at Goias".

Reasonable chance come the next review cycle' date=' unless the powers that be decide to split his rises into two, which they sometimes seem fond of doing. Either way the second rise often comes not long after the first if that's done, so +3/4 is about right, and possibly even more if SM are on a really wild mood.[/quote']

Cheers mate. Got him for 960k for a div 5 club so he's worth more than that even without a rise.

What are your opinions on the following:

Gerson

Thiago Maia

Passos otavio

Lucas otavio

Cheers

Who is responsible for these Brazilian ratings? They never seem to have any consistency or logic anymore.

Dourado has cumulatively got +7 to 82 in the last two months essentially for being linked to Man Utd. On the other hand Lucas Otavio, who in my opinion is a better player has had a full season on loan - albeit in Serie B - and has appearances for Santos, voted the best player in the Copinha in 2014 etc is rated 78. Sarcasm aside the former has been playing well, but I just don't understand why certain players are getting large rises and others the standard +1/2.

I'm not quite sure what Mayke did to get a +1 either considering Cruzeiro's season.

Considering they're top and Malcom has a lot of minutes, I await his +8

Who is responsible for these Brazilian ratings? They never seem to have any consistency or logic anymore.

Dourado has cumulatively got +7 to 82 in the last two months essentially for being linked to Man Utd. On the other hand Lucas Otavio' date=' who in my opinion is a better player has had a full season on loan - albeit in Serie B - and has appearances for Santos, voted the best player in the Copinha in 2014 etc is rated 78. Sarcasm aside the former has been playing well, but I just don't understand why certain players are getting large rises and others the standard +1/2.

I'm not quite sure what Mayke did to get a +1 either considering Cruzeiro's season.

Considering they're top and Malcom has a lot of minutes, I await his +8 [/quote']

It's all about the stats

Otavio's minutes are significantly inferior to those of the other big risers.

Predicted that in my risers thread but bought him anyways ahaha

Stats cannot be the only factor in a players rating. Ricardo Oliveira is so far top scorer in the league, should he stay at 86, or should he jump to 90 to be along side players like Pato who have fewer goals? Or maybe Pato should drop to 86. After all he is statistically inferior to Oliveira right now.

The simple answer is no, of course Oliveira should not be rated 90 (nor should Pato really), because anyone one with common sense and a passing interest in Brazilian football will know he's not that good. But when you let ratings be influenced by the community, all you get is people wanting rises for their own players and other lesser known players go criminally underrated.

I simply don't understand why they don't apply some sense when reviewing players. Take their time, go through each team and give players the ratings both the stats, but also their form and ability warrants. Instead we get slapdash ratings and the moment a player gets a bit of attention or the rumour mill links them with a move they get another +1/2/3.

What has Dourado achieved in the 8 weeks since he last got a rise? Arguably a lot less than Otavio in the 9 months since he was last reviewed

Stats cannot be the only factor in a players rating. Ricardo Oliveira is so far top scorer in the league' date=' should he stay at 86, or should he jump to 90 to be along side players like Pato who have fewer goals? Or maybe Pato should drop to 86. After all he is statistically inferior to Oliveira right now.

The simple answer is no, of course Oliveira should not be rated 90 (nor should Pato really), because anyone one with common sense and a passing interest in Brazilian football will know he's not that good. But when you let ratings be influenced by the community, all you get is people wanting rises for their own players and other lesser known players go criminally underrated.

I simply don't understand why they don't apply some sense when reviewing players. Take their time, go through each team and give players the ratings both the stats, but also their form and ability warrants. Instead we get slapdash ratings and the moment a player gets a bit of attention or the rumour mill links them with a move they get another +1/2/3.

What has Dourado achieved in the 8 weeks since he last got a rise? Arguably a lot less than Otavio in the 9 months since he was last reviewed [/quote']

It's all about the stats, but changes come gradually. If he keeps playing for multiple review cycles at a level that places him at the top of Serie A, he's gonna get the rating equivalent to the league's cap.

This hyperbole is some junk though. Do you start rating players based on potential? Speed? This isn't fifa.

Otherwise some new Barca players need to start at 90.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Stats will only tell you so much about a player. Simply using Soccerway or Whoscored will not allow you to fully know how well a player is playing. You need to watch a player to do that. It was only the last page you were suggesting someone should get rid of Rodrigo Caio based purely on his stats. Had you known anything about him you would have known that was poor advice.

If you have two players, A and B, rated 75 and they have identical minutes played but player A has played really well, but player B really poorly, do they deserve the same rise? I would suggest not. Yet looking at the minutes played, clearly there are people that think that is just.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Stats will only tell you so much about a player. Simply using Soccerway or Whoscored will not allow you to fully know how well a player is playing. You need to watch a player to do that. It was only the last page you were suggesting someone should get rid of Rodrigo Caio based purely on his stats. Had you known anything about him you would have known that was poor advice.

If you have two players' date=' A and B, rated 75 and they have identical minutes played but player A has played really well, but player B really poorly, do they deserve the same rise? I would suggest not. Yet looking at the minutes played, clearly there are people that think that is just.[/quote']

SM doesn't really give a crap about form etc. If the player is really good then over the course of a few ratings cycles I'm sure the player reaches his peak rating.

If a player is rubbish, they're not gonna keep increasing over multiple ratings cycles

You can't compare players directly by rating, some players are yet to get to their stable rating. It's a ridiculous amount of work to basically adjust players more than they're being adjusted right now

Is Carlos Carvalho of Mineiro worth signing? Thanks for any replies.

Afternoon all, I'm not getting as much SM time as I was so apologies for being missing for a while. Hopefully there's been enough disagreements to keep you al entertained though!

Regarding Carlos, I haven’t seen much of him so far this season (I’m not watching as much football in general as I was a couple of months back), so am reluctant to offer an opinion on how he’s been playing when involved. From stats alone, I probably won’t bother signing him if you’re hoping for a rise as the average rating for the first team is around 85, he’s already rated 84 but not getting as much game time as some others (his last match at club level 30-7-15 and he’s only been on the bench once since then as an unused sub). Long term in a competitive game world then yeah I’d sign him if I was cash rich or struggling for players, but otherwise I think there’s probably better options available.

Hey mates!

In my opinion as a brazilian... watch matches and go to games I would say...

You must watch this young guys:

Rodrigo Dourado - Internacional

Valdívia - Internacional *

Marcos Guilherme - Atlético Paranaense *

Lucão - São Paulo

Malcom - Corinthians *

Very good players!

Must buy!

I bet all the money' date=' I'll ever make in my life, on Ricardo Oliveira ending the season as the Brazilan Serie A topscorer.

Is he gonna get a much deserved +2 or is he getting frowned upon for being 35 years old? :o[/quote']

+2/+1 I'd say

Borges back in his time got two consecutive +1s but Oliveira isn't playing with Neymar :/

What's your opinion of Gremio's Luan ? is he gonna get a rise? future potential? i can see he got a lot og goals and asists

He just rose to 86 BUT he could probably should rise minimum +1 i'd say (me) deserves +2 though 87 is to low for a player selected in team of the year. He was heavily linked to a Chinese club I can't spell but their biggest Chinese club if you know who they are. Not entirely sure that the Chinese club thing is true or not but it's a lot more viable than the links to Real Madrid.   

Brazil is pretty poorly regarded in SM terms. There are only a handful of players that seem to rise beyond 87 whilst in Brazil. I can only think of Lucas Lima in recent times to get 88 whilst in Brazil. Aranguiz got 90 mostly because of the Copa America win and transfer to Leverkusen. Be interesting to see what happens to Ricardo Oliveira though considering SM's hesitancy to rise anyone over 30. But he was the league's top scorer and got a NT recall.

As for Luan, I think he's brilliant, but doubt he'll rise again so soon after his 86. Hopefully he's clever enough not to move to China and go somewhere like Portugal or to another European team where he'll play. No point moving to a top top side when he's not ready and won't play. You only need look at Lucas Silva to see why going to Real Madrid would be a poor decision. 

finally found my way back here, just read last 6 months postings and follow up a few points, Insider has most of the questions answered.

Erik Lima > must keep

Neilton IMO trash. Poor attitude.

Carlos Carvalho of Mineiro > yes good signing. Very talented. watched by Shakthar Donetsk multiple times.

Luan > will hit 87 in next 12 months IMO. Linked to Valencia, Benfica also as well as China. Super player.

Geuvanio, Jadson, Ralf, Gil etc etc mass exodus to China, money being pumped into the league to raise the standard. Players ratings like to stay, not decline - see the likes of Elkeson who rip it up there.

Lucas Lima is likely IMO to end up at Porto. Its been muted on and off.

I havent covered the Sao Paulo Cup this year, been off SM.

Looking forward to preseason and the next campaign, Corinthians have a massive rebuild job.

Brazil is pretty poorly regarded in SM terms. There are only a handful of players that seem to rise beyond 87 whilst in Brazil. I can only think of Lucas Lima in recent times to get 88 whilst in Brazil. Aranguiz got 90 mostly because of the Copa America win and transfer to Leverkusen. Be interesting to see what happens to Ricardo Oliveira though considering SM's hesitancy to rise anyone over 30. But he was the league's top scorer and got a NT recall.

As for Luan, I think he's brilliant, but doubt he'll rise again so soon after his 86. Hopefully he's clever enough not to move to China and go somewhere like Portugal or to another European team where he'll play. No point moving to a top top side when he's not ready and won't play. You only need look at Lucas Silva to see why going to Real Madrid would be a poor decision. 

Disagree slightly on the top part, i think its a better reflection of the league now than when they were giving Damiao 90 etc. The very best rise above 86/87 due to consistency, something which Brazilian players lack. Too many 1 season wonders. But there area a handful of players due an immediate rise IE Thiago Mendes