Brazil Série A Rating Predictions

Alurcard

Re: Brazil Série A Rating Predictions

Why is it a mistake if he's 'overhyped'? Based on your assessment he's "nothing special".....so it's not as if Chelsea are going to ruin the career of a player that is destined for great things?

Which is it to be?

It looks like Chelsea are making great efforts to bring in top youngsters who will make a huge impact in the team for years to come.

no.no.no.no...

chelseas record with young players is appalling...

they will rot and be wasted....

if Oscar signs, & i think he is a fantastic player, he has up to 9 players looking to player in the same trio behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation...

Mata, Hazard, Marin, Ramires, De Bruyne, possibly Benayoun & Sturridge....

not forgetting other so called 'top prospects' MacEachran, Kakuta & Lucas Piazon...

look at all the young talent they bought in the last 8 or so years and so much of it as being wasted....half of them are at Hamburg now!

Chelsea's policy will be to replace one experienced player with another ready trained replacement....they wont promote from within.

Just look at Lukaku & Romeu...both have been quoted as unhappy at the lack of opportunites...

If Oscar goes there, he will seriously jeopardise his Brazil career with the World Cup coming up..

no.no.no.no...

chelseas record with young players is appalling...

they will rot and be wasted....

if Oscar signs' date=' & i think he is a fantastic player, he has up to 9 players looking to player in the same trio behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation...

Mata, Hazard, Marin, Ramires, De Bruyne, possibly Benayoun & Sturridge....

not forgetting other so called 'top prospects' MacEachran, Kakuta & Lucas Piazon...

look at all the young talent they bought in the last 8 or so years and so much of it as being wasted....half of them are at Hamburg now!

Chelsea's policy will be to replace one experienced player with another ready trained replacement....they wont promote from within.

Just look at Lukaku & Romeu...both have been quoted as unhappy at the lack of opportunites...

If Oscar goes there, he will seriously jeopardise his Brazil career with the World Cup coming up..[/quote']

Yes I'm fully aware of Chelsea's history with youngsters. The point I was making which seemed to have passed you by is that MUTD said that Oscar was "overhyped" and "nothing special". This was then followed up by saying a move to Chelsea would be a huge mistake.

Well....if he's nowt special then a move to Chelsea isn't going to be a huge mistake. I was merely pointing out this contradiction in opinion.

In addition, I believe Chelsea have realised that they now have to turn to youth in order to progress the squad to one that can challenge for the title as it'll add a much needed injection of hunger, freshness and talent to the squad. We'll just have to wait and see whether this comes to fruition.

From the above list I'd not consider Benayoun, De Bruyne, Kakuta, MacEachran or Sturridge to be a threat to Oscar in the long run. Yes, the likes of Romeu and Lukaka are unhappy....but maybe they're simply not good enough to warrant a regular run in the first team within their first season at a Premiership club?

I think Raz [MUTD] might have meant it is a big mistake on Chelsea's part to actually sign him as he doesn't believe he is worth it ['Overhyped', 'not special'].

I think Oscar would be good for Chelsea and actually break through into the first team ahead of some of the others that are suitable for that position and with Ramires being one of Chelsea's top performers last season I think he would link up good and work well with him.

Arsene Wenger has demonstrated Arsenal still have plenty of ambition by making an offer of £9m to sign goalscoring midfielder Paulinho, 23, from Brazilian club Corinthians.

From todays Times newspaper.

And from Twittersphere:

Corinthians confirm that Liedson is no longer part of the club's plans and is free to find another another team.

Arsene Wenger has demonstrated Arsenal still have plenty of ambition by making an offer of £9m to sign goalscoring midfielder Paulinho' date=' 23, from Brazilian club Corinthians.

From todays Times newspaper.[/quote']

Paulinho's just signed a contract extension I believe until after the World Cup. Would be good if it came off though, he's a nifty little player

Arsene Wenger has demonstrated Arsenal still have plenty of ambition by making an offer of £9m to sign goalscoring midfielder Paulinho' date=' 23, from Brazilian club Corinthians.

From todays Times newspaper.

And from Twittersphere:

Corinthians confirm that Liedson is no longer part of the club's plans and is free to find another another team.[/quote']

I could probably bet Liedson going to botafogo.

Paulinho's just signed a contract extension I believe until after the World Cup. Would be good if it came off though' date=' he's a nifty little player[/quote']

Yes strange I saw he had signed a new contract last week, it could be just the Times newspaper spouting bull, their paper online is subscription only but here is a story on it:

http://www.arsenalnews.co.uk/arsenal-unlikely-to-succeed-with-9-million-offer-for-paulinho/link/647440/

Yes strange I saw he had signed a new contract last week' date=' it could be just the Times newspaper spouting bull, their paper online is subscription only but here is a story on it:

[url']http://www.arsenalnews.co.uk/arsenal-unlikely-to-succeed-with-9-million-offer-for-paulinho/link/647440/[/url]

From that article it seems like he got a performance related pay rise as opposed to a new contract. It might be a ploy to get more money for Corinthians. Either way, should Arsenal splash a bit more cash I imagine they would get him.

Having said that, I don't think he would fit in at Arsenal very well. Given his track record with these situations I can't see Arsene paying much more than £9m

Oscar will make some medical exams on Chelsea' date=' and the official announce should happen in the next hours.[/quote']

He has reportedly passed the medical already, The BFC confirmed earlier that he was released for the medical, What do you think the price will be ?£20 million.

18yo ADEMILSON' date=' Junior from Sao Paulo, is he worth a pick?[/quote']

Yes, if you are looking for long-term. He won't play much this season, but he is one for the future. From what i 've seen he's very talented, has the potential to be 90+ in some years.

He has reportedly passed the medical already' date=' The BFC confirmed earlier that he was released for the medical, What do you think the price will be ?£20 million.[/quote']

£25 million, that's what I saw in all news.

Yes' date=' if you are looking for long-term. He won't play much this season, but he is one for the future. From what i 've seen he's very talented, has the potential to be 90+ in some years.[/quote']

90+ That is a high expectation for a kid who has barely played, good call if you are right though.

No...Oscar isnt as good as Lucas and he's way to overhyped after he was linked with the Chelsea move.He isnt that special.

Oscar is actually better then Lucas right now, surely over the last year orso.

As in, not even close 'better'.. Lucas has been impressive only against sub-par teams in the Paulista pretty much, and needs to have 1 ball for him and 1 ball for the rest of the team - extremely individual\selfish.

Oscar is actually better then Lucas right now' date=' surely over the last year orso.

As in, not even close 'better'.. Lucas has been impressive only against sub-par teams in the Paulista pretty much, and needs to have 1 ball for him and 1 ball for the rest of the team - extremely individual\selfish.[/quote']

tim vickery was talking about them today on talksport, he really rates Oscar & cant believe Man.Utd are bidding 20M+ for Lucas...he describes him as a Theo Walcott with better dribbling skills&a decent long range shot.....but not worth 20M+!!

he also talked about Ganso, and how he is not become the player he was hyped to be and how Oscar has over taken him as the future AM of Brazil....