Sign in to follow this  
Rammy

Official Swindon Town Thread

Re: Official Swindon Town Thread

is there enough swindon fans on this board for this to be successful?

I bloody hope so. There are plenty of 'outsiders', like yourself, who have their opinions towards the club, so it will hopefully take off. Besides, the L1 thread has been dominated by STFC news the last few days and seems a good time to set one up.

To carry on the BWP topic a fit BWP can terriose defenders and hes is top goalscorer but rob beat me to the point with the dressing down at the moment you dont want a pain in the bum like wright phillips too disruptive and like mike said there are bigger clubs after him LOL

To carry on the BWP topic a fit BWP can terriose defenders and hes is top goalscorer but rob beat me to the point with the dressing down at the moment you dont want a pain in the bum like wright phillips too disruptive and like mike said there are bigger clubs after him LOL

I think we should try and get Kelvin Etuhu, worth a go if you ask me.. Its hard to pinpoint who exactly would be ideal for our side, there's the likes of Sam Vokes, who I feel would be a good player in this division. But I'm overly unsure. If we do get Church permanently I'll be over the moon, but either way, we still haven't replaced Paynter...

EDIT - I know we won't actually get some-one like Vokes, but I was just using him as an example.

I think we could realistically get that manset guy from hereford who is extremely good but I heard reading a after him tho LOL . Cb maybe jay de merit lol , but theres febian brady whos a free agent very talented player , Kelvin Ethunu lol he would be great but hes got half the champo after him lol , jennings from tranmere? Hottest prospect ( (execpt oxlaide ) in the football league . Jermaire aderlie Hes a free agent lol ??? HAHA!!

Kelvin Etuhu is a good player. He would tear it up in league one. You can throw us charlie austin if you want. :P

Etuhu would shred the opposition' date=' no doubt. However, I see Etuhu going to Cardiff or Middlesbrough, maybe Burnley, but since he's a free transfer - who knows. According to Dom, Austin's off to Reading for Church, Hal Robson and 1M. Now, if the duo are on loan - bad deal, if they are permanent - great, but sad deal.

[b']EDIT[/b] - I agree with all those points Dom. De Merit would be a class act, but I'm unsure, what would his wage demands be? Brandy has such raw pace, he would be a fine addition. Aliadiere, like De Merit, would be a fantastic coupe, but I know he'd want big, big wages, and he's injury prone, too risky. Manset looks like an option, but I'm sure he'd choose Reading over us. Jennings, what a player, would be great if we signed him.

Etuhu would shred the opposition' date=' no doubt. However, I see Etuhu going to Cardiff or Middlesbrough, maybe Burnley, but since he's a free transfer - who knows. According to Dom, Austin's off to Reading for Church, Hal Robson and 1M. Now, if the duo are on loan - bad deal, if they are permanent - great, but sad deal.[/quote']

There are 4 things left to iron out church and HRK wanting to come , Swindon getting BWP and readings interest in manset hereford fwd so from what I know is that austin wants to go there and swindon have accepted a bid but there a lots to do really if 1 step falls then the deal is off so im VERY hopefull he can stay BUT he has declared he wants to play for reading so how would crowds take it but dont think its a dead cert charlies leaving .. to reading anyway lol

There are 4 things left to iron out church and HRK wanting to come ' date=' Swindon getting BWP and readings interest in manset hereford fwd so from what I know is that austin wants to go there and swindon have accepted a bid but there a lots to do really if 1 step falls then the deal is off so im VERY hopefull he can stay BUT he has declared he wants to play for reading so how would crowds take it but dont think its a dead cert charlies leaving .. to reading anyway lol[/quote']

On the topic of DeMeirt, he joined Vancouver Whitecaps, so we won't be signing him anytime soon. All of the above (bar BWP, I hope), look certain to me. I'm just confused on Chrurch + KHR, not sure if they are loans or permanent deals..

On the topic of DeMeirt' date=' he joined Vancouver Whitecaps, so we won't be signing him anytime soon. All of the above )bar BWP, I hope), look certain to me. I'm just confused on Chrurch + KHR, not sure if they are loans or permanent deals..[/quote']

Im not sure whether it would be loan or permanent mate , I wish town will give official word to this doin my nut in , I pray we can keep him till the end of da season been searching round lots of town forums but theres a lot of crep on the bbc forum like james constable coming to town so rubbish there but under the story in the advert about the court case there is a few comments there

Im not sure whether it would be loan or permanent mate ' date=' I wish town will give official word to this doin my nut in , I pray we can keep him till the end of da season been searching round lots of town forums but theres a lot of crep on the bbc forum like james constable coming to town so rubbish there but under the story in the advert about the court case there is a few comments there[/quote']

Lets just see how things pan out I suppose, and take it from there.. Any other areas where we need to strengthen Dom? I think we need to add some proper depth :o

Lets just see how things pan out I suppose' date=' and take it from there.. Any other areas where we need to strengthen Dom? I think we need to add some proper depth :o[/quote']

Yep thats best mate , Ok we need 2 fwds , 2 wingers , 2 CBs as we are VERY SHORT on players but we need experienced players mostly especially CB as its our weak spot but a TALL CB LOL , Ok im off to bed TATA

Charlie austin has handed in a written transfer request , he is a great player but this shows he has no class going public to sky sports and doing this , I understand he wants to play at a higher level but with lots of stories of behind the scene antics and his misbehaviuor if all of that is true then Town should just sell him brillant player but just not commited to us and apperently he is becomeing a big time charlie LOL from what IVE read

This is why I will always rate coxy higher than austin both brillant players but coxy was just pure class , humble and never requested to go but Austin is total oppisite :)

This is not me turning on him as he wants to go he was brillant but he has soured himself to fans now :mad:

But its in doubt he will go to reading as BWP failed a medical so it will please you he will not be coming to to town so I have no idea where hes going burnley maybe?

Charlie austin has handed in a written transfer request ' date=' he is a great player but this shows he has no class going public to sky sports and doing this , I understand he wants to play at a higher level but with lots of stories of behind the scene antics and his misbehaviuor if all of that is true then Town should just sell him brillant player but just not commited to us and apperently he is becomeing a big time charlie LOL from what IVE read

This is why I will always rate coxy higher than austin both brillant players but coxy was just pure class , humble and never requested to go but Austin is total oppisite :)

This is not me turning on him as he wants to go he was brillant but he has soured himself to fans now :mad:

But its in doubt he will go to reading as BWP failed a medical so it will please you he will not be coming to to town so I have no idea where hes going burnley maybe?[/quote']

Still nothing gone public but if hes not committed to Swindon he can go and get someone in who will play his socks of for us, we need to have a replacement in place intill we sell him though as it just be pointless. Hopefully we get a good deal for him though and invest straight back in to the club on players, i like to see how the fans will be with him if he some how manages to stay here

EDIT: Just seen it on BBC & SSN :rolleyes: he would had got bids on him anyway so not too sure why hes handed it in, just shows what a few months to a player can do

Still nothing gone public but if hes not committed to Swindon he can go and get someone in who will play his socks of for us' date=' we need to have a replacement in place intill we sell him though as it just be pointless. Hopefully we get a good deal for him though and invest straight back in to the club on players, i like to see how the fans will be with him if he some how manages to stay here[/center']

For his sake he should not stay as fans were booing before the yeovil game And I dred to think of the reaction he will get honestly as 90 percent are a swearing bout him and slagging him of horribly wouldnt think he was a hero to fans bout a week ago would you?? I told you 4 hours before the bbc and sky put the story up!!!! LOL

Today marks a sad day for the club. I was awaiting Austin's request, I was hoping it wouldn't come, but it has. Once a player makes the request, you know its all impossible to go back to liking him. I think if he stays, he'll eventually win us back, but at the back of our minds, that lack of commitment will always be there.. I'm relieved that we're now getting to the end of the Austin saga personally. I've been looking around at possible additions. Dom touched on Brandy last night, I'd be happy if we went for some-one like him. I'm delighted that BWP fell through, delighted. I wonder if we'll try and get Etuhu and Haynes, both are close to being available for free, so why don't we try? Haynes would be more difficult though, he seems happy at City, but maybe he's awaiting some bids. Millwall and Charlton have been heavily linked. Its hard to pinpoint who'll we actually buy if I'm honest. Knowing Wilson, he'll probably sign two or three oddballs and a Brit or two.

I heard from a lot of freinds the only name we are being linked with expect the reading boys is a fella from cardiff GYEPES, Gábor who I would be lieing to say I knew lots on him but he seems a decent player and could do a good job in league 1 :) im going to be speaking with shack about him

I heard from a lot of freinds the only name we are being linked with expect the reading boys is a fella from cardiff GYEPES' date=' Gábor who I would be lieing to say I knew lots on him but he seems a decent player and could do a good job in league 1 :) im going to be speaking with shack about him[/quote']

He's a solid centre half. He's not got a lot of pace, but I reckon he'd help keep our backline in shape. I'll be honest and say that I would rather someone that is Irish or British, but with Wilson, you never know.

I heard from a lot of freinds the only name we are being linked with expect the reading boys is a fella from cardiff GYEPES' date=' Gábor who I would be lieing to say I knew lots on him but he seems a decent player and could do a good job in league 1 :) im going to be speaking with shack about him[/quote']

Hes a Center Back isnt he ? one of the areas we definately need to add to seeing as we never really replaced Greer and now Morrison has gone aswell .. really sad news that Charlie has ended it like this

Tbh im not entirely sure why the guy isnt in our starting 11 anymore.. solid, dependable performer who players consistently well. Nothing spectacular and doesnt chip in with many goals, but hes a big no nonsense defender and im sure would have a feild day chewing up the old hoofed ball tactics down in league 1.

Depending on the fee you guys could do ALOT worse than him tbh, many a time he was a big piece of a solid backline we used to have. But as i mentioned at the top many of us are quite confused as to why he doesnt get a look in anymore. So would be a good coup for you guys if its true. :)

Going back to BWP, supposedly he has a long-term knee problem which is why Reading gave up on him. And considering they must have a decent amount of cash from selling Sigurdsson to Hoffenheim, if they don't want to take a risk with £300k then it says a lot.

Can't see Blackpool taking a risk on him either because of that, so he'll probably end up staying at Plymouth and taking his 8k a week :D

It's strange that Austin has gone from saying he was happy to stay a month ago, to being desperate to leave now. If he was going to consider moving this month then he should have just kept quiet about it tbh

It's strange that Austin has gone from saying he was happy to stay a month ago' date=' to being desperate to leave now. If he was going to consider moving this month then he should have just kept quiet about it tbh[/quote']

Probably seen Morrison leaving, realised that things aren't improving and has started to doubt Swindon's ambition.

As for Dom Latouche, no offense but I won't believe anything you say unless/until one of these supposed deals goes through. You sound like someone just making up transfer rumours to gain attention.

Probably seen Morrison leaving' date=' realised that things aren't improving and has started to doubt Swindon's ambition.

As for Dom Latouche, no offense but I won't believe anything you say unless/until one of these supposed deals goes through. [b']You sound like someone just making up transfer rumours to gain attention[/b].

It's on the BBC 606 forum thing aswell so not just him who's saying this

Not sure there's anything to take him from Cardiff, where he's actually one of there best CB's to drop a division. If he does leave Cardiff, it wont be for abroad.