Sign in to follow this  
Rammy

Official Swindon Town Thread

Re: Official Swindon Town Thread

Probably seen Morrison leaving' date=' realised that things aren't improving and has started to doubt Swindon's ambition.

As for Dom Latouche, no offense but I won't believe anything you say unless/until one of these supposed deals goes through. You sound like someone just making up transfer rumours to gain attention.[/quote']

Fair enough mate , Slightly offended that you said im doing this for attention , Im not saying that it WILL happen I have stated its what I hear from others mate . If I made it up then I would be more ambitious lol

Wouldn't mind some-one like Calum Davenport to come in and fill the current gap in defence. He'd be solid in the division, but would be a very risky signing given his past. Again, I'm just trying to think of who we could potentially pick up for free..

It's on the BBC 606 forum thing aswell so not just him who's saying this

Aye' date=' the most reliable place on t'net.

Wouldn't mind some-one like Calum Davenport to come in and fill the current gap in defence. He'd be solid in the division, but would be a very risky signing given his past. Again, I'm just trying to think of who we could potentially pick up for free..

Davenport's retired mate. We had him on trial a few months back, he ended up going to Wooton Blue Cross (his local side) for fitness, played one game, lost 4-0, then took over as assistant manager.

Davenport's retired mate. We had him on trial a few months back' date=' he ended up going to Wooton Blue Cross (his local side) for fitness, played one game, lost 4-0, then took over as assistant manager.[/quote']

Jaysus, that's a sad, yet funny story and fall from grace. Cheers Luke, I keep getting corrected by you :P

Jaysus' date=' that's a sad, yet funny story and fall from grace. Cheers Luke, I keep getting corrected by you :P[/quote']

I know, it's a crying shame (I realise that sounds sarcastic but it's not intended!). It's sad to see any footballer have to retire young because of injuries - especially when they're not even football related! Similar to another former West Ham player as well - Dean Ashton.

I know' date=' it's a crying shame (I realise that sounds sarcastic but it's not intended!). It's sad to see any footballer have to retire young because of injuries - especially when they're not even football related! Similar to another former West Ham player as well - Dean Ashton.[/quote']

It is, I totally agree with you there.

We've given Jordan Pavett a contract at the club after he won Samsungs 'Win a Contract competition. He's a striker anyway.. He's been working as a plumber with his Dad's firm the STFC site says. He's had spells at Ipswich & Colchester so I hope he'll do well for us.

Swindon have a bid accepted along with Colchester on Aden Flint from Alfreton. A defender who's only 21 years old and stands at 6ft 6. Nice to see Wilson sees we need defenders and hopefully atleast one more comes in

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/colchester_united/9368052.stm

Fitton's confident Austin will stay.

Ill rather see him go now to be quite honest' date=' obviously dont want to play for us by handing in a transfer request, be deverstated to see him go and would be a massive hole to fill but to have a lad who doesnt want to be here is pointless, of course we could well change his mind but i just hope if he stays he doesnt have a sulk and stops performing as his value will decrease a bit[/center']

Ill rather see him go now to be quite honest' date=' obviously dont want to play for us by handing in a transfer request, be deverstated to see him go and would be a massive hole to fill but to have a lad who doesnt want to be here is pointless, of course we could well change his mind but i just hope if he stays he doesnt have a sulk and stops performing as his value will decrease a bit[/center']

It's not actually been confirmed that he's submitted a transfer request, just speculation. Although with Swindon refusing to comment, it does seem likely.

However people can change their minds. I expect he made it on the back of seeing Morrison leaving. No doubt Wilson and Fitton have been trying to talk him round, and it looks like Fitton thinks they've succeeded. They've probably told him to stay at least until the summer and assess his options then. This way he doesn't disrupt Swindon's season, and has more chance of getting a better deal for himself and for Swindon in the summer than in the next ten days or so.

The young fella Flint looks set to join for £150k. Has apparently turned down Colchester. 21yo defender (centre-back I think?) from Alfreton. Apparently Derby and Luton were among 10 other clubs who tried to sign the fella, but couldn't agree a fee. Seems quite a talent.

Also looks like he might head back to Alfreton on-loan for the rest of the season, at least that's what Alfreton are hoping for.

Dreadful, wasnt at the game today but heard from a few mates who was that our defense just kept running into each other, Rovers put "4" men on Austin, all goals were gooduns and the fans was shouting Wilson out. We really need to get some expirence heads at that back, losing Greer & not replacing him one was a bad move for the club, need to get someone in if its on loan or a permanent deal or we could be heading for the drop

:o

Swindon trained on the astro turf at my old school on Friday (Greendown for anyone who lives here). My brother (who goes there now) told me about it. Apparently Austin was nowhere to be seen. Looks ominous. Although he did play today.

Daym it lads. Got torn apart today. Wilson said has said there's changes on the way, bloody better buy a new defence :rolleyes: Austin isn't with it, he's shown that in the last two games that he isn't interested anymore.

Town's under 18's won 5-0 on Saturday against Hereford which sees them stay top of the Youth Alliance league. Plymouth is up next for the u18's.

I've heard very little over Austin's departure since Thursday, which means a deal is being done very quietly, or else he's staying until the summer..

Whoever did this I would buy them a pint !!!:D:D:D:D:D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-12264569

Ossy ardiles wants to come back as manager!!

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ossie-Ardiles-ready-to-answer-Swindon-SOS-article680543.html

I hope that NEVER happens

Swindon had a very dissapointing draw against tranmere lol

We should have won this at a canter , austin winning the penalty but he missed it with Tony warner making a fantastic save to his right , Jean francois was brillant tonite so technically gifted for a cb all our decent play went through him , he had a hightlight moment when had dribbled past 2 defenders then a back heel shimmey THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!

The bad , We lack quality simple as that , Ritchie , Amakawh , cuthbert , and douglas were awful , Worst game ive seen douglas play for a while lol. Our midfield is too static at times like at times when JFL was looking to pass there was no running or anyone seeking the ball really

Tranmere had 1 chance in the game thats with Showimuni hitting the post and then missing an open goal lol but best player on the pitch was Dale jennings who tore our defence to pieces and was always a threat so bloody good he wont be a tranmere player for long sensational talent

I hope you like my analysis from the game