Sign in to follow this  
Rammy

Official Swindon Town Thread

Re: Official Swindon Town Thread

Odds on Wilson being the next managerial casualty have sky-rocketed after tonight.

I reckon he'll be gone in the morning. After the premature calls for his head in November, when it really was just being a victim of his own success, by now, with the window come and gone, 3/5 into the season, he's had plenty of time and things aren't improving. No longer a case of being a victim of his own success either - expectations would be mid-table at the very least even if Swindon hadn't come so close last season.

The question is - who to replace him?

Odds on Wilson being the next managerial casualty have sky-rocketed after tonight.

I reckon he'll be gone in the morning. After the premature calls for his head in November' date=' when it really was just being a victim of his own success, by now, with the window come and gone, 3/5 into the season, he's had plenty of time and things aren't improving. No longer a case of being a victim of his own success either - expectations would be mid-table at the very least even if Swindon hadn't come so close last season.

[b']The question is - who to replace him?[/b]

Wouldnt mind Alan Irvine in as manager, proberly wont happen and might want a break but really like this guy

Graham Westley of Stevenage might be a good choice

Not sure whos actually available of the top of my head though

Wouldnt mind Alan Irvine in as manager' date=' proberly wont happen and might want a break but really like this guy[/quote']

Good God no, he can't coach at all, he spends majority of his time in his office watching the opposition and not concentrating on his own side, just look at what he did at North End and Wednesday in his time - nothing!

Graham Westley of Stevenage might be a good choice

Wouldn't mind him at all, decent coach and maintains a good atmosphere at the club, and has a good tempo going with his side. Dom, was is it with you and Torquay? :P Personally, I haven't got a clue who we'd get in, bar Gary Johnson, no other manager could do any worse than Wilson in my eyes..

As long it isnt gary johnson ' date=' im not to fussed

Maybe Tisdale at torquay ??[/quote']

You mean Buckle ;) He would probably want the job but you'd have to get used to hoofball

Wouldn't be surprised if you were relegated with Exeter, Rovers and Plymouth. :o

You mean Buckle ;) He would probably want the job but you'd have to get used to hoofball

Wouldn't be surprised if you were relegated with Exeter' date=' Rovers and Plymouth. :o[/quote']

Dagenham, Walsall and Bristol Rovers will all most likely go down. That leaves one spot with the likes of Swindon, Plymouth, Yeovil, Exeter, Brentford, Tranmere and co. fighting over. I'm fairly confident that Swindon and Plymouth will both stay up, assuming the latter remains in existence. Both have plenty of quality in their squads.

Dagenham' date=' Walsall and Bristol Rovers will all most likely go down. That leaves one spot with the likes of Swindon, Plymouth, Yeovil, Exeter, Brentford, Tranmere and co. fighting over. I'm fairly confident that Swindon and Plymouth will both stay up, assuming the latter remains in existence. Both have plenty of quality in their squads.[/quote']

Swindon I can understand.. I don't think they will go down. But Plymouth? I'm not being biased but their squad isn't that good, I'd say ours is just as good, Brentford's is probably equal to it as well. They'll be getting their -10 soon anyway :o

Walsall won't go down either, new manager and the loan signing of Gill has completely changed them. Just shows how bad a manager Hutchings is tbh.

Yeovil are doing well now also, hardly surprising considering the amount of loans they've used this season, they were eventually going to get some decent ones :D

I'm sure Tully is happy about that :P

You have a good chance of winning.. we've been poor at home recently and usually lose to teams that haven't won for ages :rolleyes:

I think we do , as we have been playing well but our silly defence has cost us.

Caddis has been amazing ever since his postion change and ill go out on a limb and say you guys wont be able too handle him.

2nd time the game has been postponed then..

Any idea whether this is actually the real Simon Ferry? http://twitter.com/siferry999

"Exeter hang ur head in shame that pitch was wetter than my missis after 2 fingers"

Err.. ok then :confused::P

Maybe lol

But that dosent look like him tho

WoW That was strange lol