Sign in to follow this  
Rammy

Official Swindon Town Thread

Re: Official Swindon Town Thread

Delighted to get Di Canio, my first choice, and will surely be a fans favourite. I'm intrigued as to see who he brings in. We definitely need a flair player, and I wouldn't be surprised if he picked up someone from the lower leagues of Italy. Fair play to the board anyway, superb announcement. he has no managerial history, but I'm sure he'll do just fine with us, gut feeling anoll.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13504650.stm

Milan & Tottenham players could be on their way :)

Any Milan players would only be unheard of youth players. Not to say they wouldn't be good, but I wouldn't get too excited! They might struggle to adapt too, especially at such a young age, language problems, homesickness, etc.

The Tottenham link is more interesting. I'm thinking of the likes of David Button and Dean Parrett who might drop down, maybe a few other younger ones too who are less well-known.

Certainly sounds promising though.

Hmmm, it's different i'll give you that. When Poyet and Martinez succeded there Spanish signings tended to be from lesser teams such as Granda FC and Terragano (sp) in Swansea's case. It certainly seems to be interesting though and it will make good entertainment for Swindon and League 2 next season ;)

Any Milan players would only be unheard of youth players. Not to say they wouldn't be good' date=' but I wouldn't get too excited! They might struggle to adapt too, especially at such a young age, language problems, homesickness, etc.

The Tottenham link is more interesting. I'm thinking of the likes of David Button and Dean Parrett who might drop down, maybe a few other younger ones too who are less well-known.

Certainly sounds promising though.[/quote']

Button wasn't too impressive for Plymouth last year so it's possible..

Unless Swindon are getting first choice with the Tottenham players I wouldn't say it's anything special though, they loan out most young players anyway as they don't have a reserve team.

Button wasn't too impressive for Plymouth last year so it's possible..

Unless Swindon are getting first choice with the Tottenham players I wouldn't say it's anything special though' date=' they loan out most young players anyway as they don't have a reserve team.[/quote']

I think that's what Di Canio is hinting at.

It also means when Spurs are looking at clubs to loan their players too, they are much more likely to trust Swindon than another side who don't have any connection with Spurs.

And not having a reserve team is irrelevant. Leeds have dropped their reserve team this season, but instead plan to play an equivalent amount of behind-closed-doors matches, which is what most teams seem to be heading towards these days anyway. Basically the same thing, but without a pointless league and getting to choose who to play (thus being able to play against a higher standard).

Quite a few gone' date=' any names about possible players arriving at the County Ground that anyones heard of ? havent heard one name been mentioned yet
:o...[/center']

Young Chelsea player called Lalkovic has been linked with a loan move according to the Adver.

Swindon news

Potential incoming's

Highly-rated Chelsea youngster Milan Lalkovic

Clayton donaldson on a free

Cody macdonald from norwich

Ivar imgarmasson and dave mooney both on a free

Zigoni from ac milan

2 unamed milan youngsters

Matt taylor from exeter on a free

Potential outgoings

Jonathan douglas - Southampton , brighton , huddersfield all interested in him on a free

Vince pericard - free agent :D ( hopefully happens!)

Timlin - southend interested in a swap for there left back Chris barker.

Little info all the swindon transfers. Some are concrete and some are not.

Oh Billy bodin is on the DB if your interested and watch out for nathan storey for made his first minutes last season ;)

David Lucas has joined Rochdale from Town.

Good riddance I say. Very poor goalkeeper. The PDC era is looking good I must admit. He's drafted in some very talented players and we're looking strong. I have high hopes on Town gaining promotion back to League 1, but it's going to be tough. The likes of Shrewsbury have also drafted in some very good players. The league will be tight, but the auto's shouldn't be too far out of our reach.

STFC! <3

Forgot about this thread :D

Swindon have had a bid rejected for Bournemouth's Wes Thomas who started in the championship against Charlton and was MOM for them :P

And this is no joke , We are looking very keen to bring back Leon Clarke to the club :o Again no joke and the same Leon that fought with Paulo and disrespected the fans :o