World Championship 10658 Match Reports and Tranfer News

Re: World Championship 10658 Match Reports and Tranfer News

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIwrTCIeKaRzMcowuHMPIGCls2jJ1HooFaJ8-kmubTdlwMp8nr

Standard Liège 1-2 Everton

Everton managed to pull of a win under new manager Manveer Sidhu.The goals were scores were James Vaushan on the 20min and Beckford on the 55min.The goals were assisted by Artata and Beckford.The man of the match went to the Everton forward Vaushan.

After the game i managed to talk with manager Manveer sidhu " I am happy with the way the my boys have played specially James Vaushan. He played a great game if he keeps it up.if he keep it up he will get into the first team."

Everton is playing against Rubin at Goodison Park on the weekend. it will be a game to watch.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: World Championship 10658 Match Reports and Tranfer News Rocchi and Lazio Run Riot At Stuttgart's Expense Following Lazio's defeat in the SMFA Shield away to Flamengo, few Lazio fans would b

Re: World Championship 10658 Match Reports and Tranfer News Kevin Nolan used Sky News to reveal that he would join Everton after Newcastle United accepted an improved offer from Manveer's side and

QPR striker Adel Taarabt has joined The Blues.

TY7wB-GRFak

Taarabt 21, is out of contract this summer and Everton boss Manveer Sidhu hinted last month that there was a "good chance" he would arrive.

"Everton were not alone [in making an offer]. There were approaches from Arsenal,PSV and crazy offers from Borussia Dortmund.

"QPR offered me a contract extension that was almost impossible to refuse, financially - the figures were very close to those offered by Everton.

"I have always loved Everton's football. I know I will have to adapt, but I have experience of playing the short passing game.

JOWlYa0LkuQ

Taarabt claims he would have agreed to prolong his deal at QPR had they not taken so long offering him a contracy extension.

"They should have offered me something a year earlier," he said. "I think the club and I did not understand each other. It was clear to me that if they did not extend my contract in 2009, I would have the right to leave, but then they blocked my move. I didn't take that well.

Sven Goran Erriksson Admits HisDortmound Side 'Deserved To Lose' To Estudiantes

Manager refuses to blame Roman Weidenfeller for defeat

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEELfAK_2vEMc4LwCAQLi_DxgP1Wmr-mgxxGJQ5hqcZBdoBx2AJw

Dortmound manager Sven Goran gave an honest assessment of his side's poor performance against Estudiantes today, by admitting that his side deserved to lose.

In the shock result of the day, Estudiantes surged into a 1-0 lead and also missed a penalty. Dortmound rallied late on with Nevan Subotic scoring the equaliser, but the german side never got going and deservedly fell to a late winner scored by Gaston Fernandez"We deserved to lose the game," Sven told Sky Sports News. "We were not up for it quality wise or concentration wise."

Despite saving a penalty midway through the first half,Roman Weidenfeller goalkeeping skills came under question once again when he let Brans's tame shot squeeze into his near post to gift Estudiantesa the lead.

Yet Sven refused to criticise his goalkeeper saying: "It would be too easy to discuss individual mistakes but I don't think any of the players were up to there usual level today. I feel we had a lack of concentration and at this level you pay for it."

"I didn't recognise my team today, we didn't deserve any points and we didn't get any."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBqt2n4HqUZSBv80tu6IrHeJ0fGrzu9JQUJSiesXw0vWSh8uSXsQ

I want out of Everton, says Mikel Arteta

Everton's Mikel Arteta wants to leave The high-flyers Blues, claiming his relationship with "certain executives and individuals" at the club "has broken down beyond repair".

But Everton captain Mikel Arteta said "stressed he had no personal issue with manager Manveer Sidhu, despite their seemingly fractious relationship."

He also thanked manager Manveer Sidhu for his "understanding and support".

It is understood that one of the people Mikel Arteta has fallen out with at Goodison Park is Everton owner.The club earlier in the day confirmed they had accepted a transfer request from the Spanish international.

"In a statement released earlier in the day, Everton expressed its displeasure at Mikel Arteta move to hand in a transfer request."The club remains disappointed by this situation and particularly with the actions of Mikel Arteta representative," said the Everton manager in a statement.

Valencia Vs Dortmound

Match Preview

28636_Valencia_C_F_,_S_A_D_.jpg

Valencia's Likely Formation

3380_Borussia_Dortmund.jpg

Dortmound's Likely Formation

Dortmound travel to spain to play Valencia in what should be a blatter of a match despite it being only a friendly.

As per usual I will kick off with looking at our guests.Valencia have considered there change in philosophy under Patrick Slater. Long gone are the days of a physical battle, instead today Valencia play in a Barcelona-style of pass, pass and move. Battling experienced warhorses like David Silva,David Villa and Co. are long gone and in their place are elegant classy young footballers like Mata,Paco Alcarez,Jordi Alba and Gai Assalin.

The football seems to have followed the same path that the Sven Goran Erriksson-Peter Slater relationship has taken. The mutual respect and real friendship.

We travel to Mestalla off the back of a loss. In true Valencia style (of late) though, their inability to keep players fit means that they have been unable to name a consistent starting XI .

So what to expect? Well Valencia are likely to play in their 4-3-3 formation. We know they’ll come to play football, certainly sitting back is not in their nature. They shouldn’t be taken lightly, for even if man-for-man they aren’t world beaters, they work well as a unit and a team. Dortmound will have to be particularly careful to pick up runners and players moving “between the lines” – something.

Hamburger SV offering Bid to Rubin for Cristian Ansaldi

220px-CristianAnsaldi.jpg

Hamburger SV's new Manager hasn't hasitated and started being active on the Transfer Market. Hamburger SV have offered a bid to Rubin Kazan for Cristian Ansaldi of £13.0M. Currently the German Team is waiting for the answer of Rubin.

The Russian side refused the offer and made a counter-offer. Cristian Ansaldi will transfer to Hamburger SV if they exchange Ze Roberto and Paolo Guerrero. Since Hamburger SV bought the replacement for Ze Roberto (Greg Cunningham) they are likely to give the Brazilian away but Hamburger SV's Manager doesn't want to let Guerrero go. The answer to Rubin's offer will be known in the next 24 hours.

Hamburger SV interested in Markus Henriksen

154359.jpg

Hamburger SV's New Manager is searching for a replacement of his Teams 36 year old Player - Ze Roberto. "We need more young player in our Team." declared Hamburger SV's new Manager. He is thinking that Rosenborg BK's Central Midfielder, 18 year old Markus Henriksen is the perfect Player for the replacement. "He is a very talented player, i see a big future in him." said the Manager. Hamburger SV offered a bid of £5.0M to the Norwegian Football Club.

_________

Hamburger SV trying to buy Cunningham

Cunningham_2493418.jpg

Hamburger SV trying to buy Manchester City's 19 year old talent, Greg Cunningham. The player was placed on the Transfer List by the English side and looks like it will be Hamburger SV which will be buying the player. The German Club proposed a bid of £2.0M while the Scottish Club Rangers offered £1.5M.

The offer has been accepted! The player will transfer to Hamburger SV in the next 24 Hours!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcST7FTtoHbQRMXJjyVFln2ze675PGVkMHMJqZ5HQzdx84sAbU99Wg

Division 2 hopefuls Borussia Dortmound have completed the transfer Of Blackburn English defender for an undisclosed fee. Jones has signed a four-year deal at Dortmound.

The German giants are preparing their team for the new season and head coach Sven Goran Erriksson was eager to add some more Defensive stability to his squad.

This IS What Blackburn Manager Had To Say Regarding The Transfer,

"We are sad to see Phil Jones leave the club, but this transfer will benefit the club in the long term. Blackburn are happy with the transfer fee received for the player, as it almost matches our asking price," said Blackburn chairman on the club's official website.

Jones made it clear that he was absolutely delighted with the deal and that he's looking forward to playing with his new club.

Valencia Player Ratings

S CESAR 7

G GONUL 7

J MATHIEU 7

D NAVARRO © 7

R COSTA 6

D ALBELDA 7

É BANEGA 7

T COSTA 1 8

A ADURIZ 7

P HERNANDEZ 8

J MATA 8

Dortmound Player Ratings

R WEIDENFELLER 5

L PISZCZEK 7

M SCHMELZER 7

© N SUBOTIC 7

M HUMMELS 7

S BENDER 6

J BLASZCZYKOWSKI 7

N SAHIN 7

L BARRIOS 7

K GROSSKREUTZ 7

S KAGAWA 7

Sven Goran Erriksson Bemoans Lacks Of Spark After Dortmound's Defeat To Valencia In a Friendly

Boss Still Confident In Winning The Division

Sven Goran Erriksson bemoaned his side’s lack of sharpness as he saw his Dortmound side go down 1-0 to Tittle Contenders Valencia

During the course of the game Dortmound managed just three shots on target as they often opted to overplay the ball around.

Meanwhile, Valencia defending resolutely and waited for chances on the counter attack, and finally hit the winner, after a fair few missed chances of their own, in the 39th minute when Juan Manuel Mata held off Mats Hummels to slot home in what would be the winner.

This is what the Dortmound manager had to say,

We had a lot of the ball but didn’t create many chances, Valencia defended very well and we were caught on the counter attack they were looking for,” Sven told Sky Sports.

“Because we’ve played 2 games in two days we had no spark,Valencia were sharper than us, at the end of the day we made a defensive mistake and they took advantage.”

Despite his disappointment, Sven remained positive as he looks towards the the start of the season

“We had a number of chances," he added. "We were certainly not sharp enough to win the game tonight, the good thing is that the season hasn't started so we have time to look at ourselves

“I'M still feel confident of course and we won’t be lacking the creativity as we were tonight."

Furthermore Sven also had a comment For the way the valencia players celebrated after the game against Dortmound saying

"Only they would know what on earth is going on.Looks like they are playing twister rather than Football

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQi17DnlpQ5a73gt0EkIlMcv5PacCVOZ2h6a1d-EpxBiRyvA7JN

Valencia players celebrate after win against Dortmound.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDvwaRGIadkxE9Y4s5K4ri0eA1WGzmn5CZUZUcWNZxz2Tn2Tnc

After lengthy speculation, the club confirmed the transfer of from English side Birmingham for an undisclosed fee which media speculation places somewhere between £1.7 million and £2.6 million.

The arrival of centre-midfielder Jordon Mutch goes some way (albeit not all the way) to offsetting the departures we have already seen and seem likely to see from our midfielder in the near future. By reportedly paying a fee not far off the one Manveer Sidhu agreed for Aaron Wildig, the manager has set the bar pretty high for the new addition.

Before Jordon Mutch has even kicked a ball for Everton, several fans have questioned his quality and what it says about Everton's ambition that the club has signed him. I would suggest there can only be a small number of Arsenal fans that have watched Birmingham star, as much as the club's scouts, and I am inclined to trust the manager if he rates Jordon Mutch highly enough to pay a good fee for him.

John MARQUIS, Marvin SORDELL, Wilfred ZAHA, Adam BARTON, James BAILEY, Aaron WILDIG, Nathanas CAMERON, the subject of some similar questions ealier this season, and if that's not a case for giving Jordon Mutch the benefit of the doubt I don't know what is. He's progressed rapidly in recent seasons from playing second tier football in Enland, and if Mnaveer Sidhu thinks now is the right time to bring him to a top level club then I think our fans should probably trust him.

The man himself is understandably delighted with the move. In his first comments as a Toffees player, he said, "It wasn't a difficult decision to make. It is exceptional to have a club like Everton wanting to sign you..."

"I don't believe any England player would have refused to come and play for The Blues.

'Los Che Sign Brazilian Prodigy'

Last night Valencia manager, Mr Slater, announced on their website that they have signed PAULO HENRIQUE GANSO.

Mr Slater:

We are very pleased to have a player of such promise and caliber like Ganso. He will give us valuable depth in the midfield and I hope that he can break into the starting 11 soon.

GANSO is believed to have signed on a P/E of, Obayan Sunny and Alejandro Dominguez+1 million.

1283387_full-lnd.jpg

GANSO on National Team duty, pictured with: Silva Neymar and Alexandre Pato

Official Scott Parker Leaves West Ham For Borrusia Dortmound

Scott Parker has completed his move from West Ham To Borussia Dortmound

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTC_hUNHaBACKb43gOn1Bls6IpPHGXU2a2aF5lJPREx8luTVRjK

Scott Parker's West Ham nightmare has come to an end. The 30-year-old Midfielder,has officially completed his transfer to Dortmound, according to the websites of both clubs.

Earlier today, West Ham coach Avram Grant revealed to Kicker that a deal, estimated in the region of €3M plus Tamas Hajnal had been agreed upon by the two sides, and that only terms between the player and West Ham had to be agreed. Negotiations concluded swiftly, and Dortmound now have an immediate backup Midfielder.

Dortmound sporting director was thrilled to bring in Parker, who has earned international caps.

"We have already negoatiated for a long time for this player and would like to have signed him for the first round of this season," he said according to the official Dortmound website. "Therefore, we are incredibly happy that we finally did it. Scott Parker is a, experienced and accurate Midfielder who fits well with our team."

Coach Sven Goran singled out "his quickness and his Vision" as Parker's best qualities. "He is a goal threat and also good in the build-up play.In a personal conversation I had a very positive impression. We got a player who is athletic and fits our standards very well."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9M1tyPIH5qN9ysLB1lyJh0YNcGZDd61Vxaq31XlwifD6CnxzJ

Eden Hazard has agreed a five-year contract with Everton, according to Sky Sport.

Everton strikers Louis Saha and Diniyar BILYALETDINOV looks set to move to Grimonprez-Joorisand a deal to exchange the players is thought to be close.

The Everton manager has already met with the Hazard's agent and talks were understood to be positive. Hazard is reported to have spoken personally with Everton's manager Manveer Sidhu, expressing his desire for a switch to England.

It is also claimed that Hazaed wants to base bonuses in his pay packet on team achievements rather than personal goal and appearance tallies.

Live Odds Thanx To Sky Sports

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRhwMkc2KF6wObLpKdutl5iv1946j0eWgLBXudFsEAFtG5GwBJ

Division 1 Out Right Winners ODDS

TopWin Outright

Barcelona 4/5

Real Madrid 3/1

Manchester United5/1

Chelsea 7/1

Arsenal33/1

- - -

Finish Bottom

Zenit 11/4

Shakthar 3/1

Cska Moskva 3/1

Villareal 9/1

Fiorentina 10/1

FC Porto 12/1

Lyon 16/1

Roma 16/1

Sevilla 20/1

Bayern Munchen 25/1

Milan 40/1

Atheletico Madrid 66/1

Liverpool 250/1

Inter Milan 250/1

-

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyL4H6YVh_7pSvK7uAbq1605IEfhMHCVV1F_tAT1u7Q-byF0rL1w

Everton Vs Rubin at Goodison Park

Everton are playing Rubin at Goodison Park on saturday.Everton is expected to win.The match is expected to be a full house.Everton have made 7 changers to the side that beat Standard Liège 2-1.

Manager Manveer Sidhu said"I am hoping for a win nothing less will be expected from the players. Many of the players will be making their dabut for the club.I will be keeping a close eye on Adel TAARABT,Jay EMMANUEL-THOMAS and Carlos VELA"

Everton(4-2-2): Szczesny; Coleman, Baines, Rodwell, Hibbert, Cahill, Taabart, Mutch, Vaughan, Jay Emmanual-Thomas, Vela.

Official,Dortmound have sign Juan Manuel Iturbe,Micheal Hoyos and Jonathan Cristaldo

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8JRHWO_OVEK-9cRzqcxjlyG8ymoLG9-BAHnnWfR5HCiwJqyoKXQ&t=1

Position -AM/FWD

Fee - 3M

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3LzspLSiZ95XDPdZQBUiId9O97S2w2qMQmgkgXrxRqVJqXDcDdQ

Position - AM/Wing

Fee - 340k

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvD4aBQUahbovWVVWT3SG552NSNQ4ELe9fawaRytDBiZMqA48Xsg

Position - Fwd

Fee - 5.1M

German powerhouse Borrussia Dortmound have completed the transfers of Juan Manuel Iturbe and Micheal Hoyos. Additionally, they've wrapped up the signing of Jonathan Cristaldo from Metalist.

The German side have reportedly paid Estidantes a fee in the region of €5 million to secure the services of 19 Micheal Hoyos. The attacker has signed a contract until the summer of 2015 with his new club.

Qulmes allowed 17-year-old Juan Manuel Iturbe to leave on a free transfer and Dortmound didn't hesitate to offer theArgentinian ace a 5 year contract.

The 21-year-old Cristaldo started his professional career with Argentinian Side River Plate and joined Metalist in the summer of 2009.

He had since developed into a key player, thus earning himself a €3.75m move to Dortmound. The Forward has signed a contract until the summer of 2015.

Statement from Eden Hazard

" Unfortunately the manager pulled the plug on the deal at the last minuite, due to the deal not being in the best interests of the club, I'm happy to stay here until the manager gets the right deal for Lille, who have given me so much, but I will say I wish to leave lille in the near future:eek:"

Statement from Niall Taylor

" Yes we were very close to selling Eden, but at the last minuite I had a change of heart, ive had many bids on my players but will not be giving them away for nothing:mad:, but Eden wishes to leave so im sure I will get a deal sorted over the weekend:D I already have been in contact with 2 other clubs"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9M1tyPIH5qN9ysLB1lyJh0YNcGZDd61Vxaq31XlwifD6CnxzJ

Eden Hazard has agreed a five-year contract with Everton' date=' according to Sky Sport.[/b']

Everton strikers Louis Saha and Diniyar BILYALETDINOV looks set to move to Grimonprez-Joorisand a deal to exchange the players is thought to be close.

The Everton manager has already met with the Hazard's agent and talks were understood to be positive. Hazard is reported to have spoken personally with Everton's manager Manveer Sidhu, expressing his desire for a switch to England.

It is also claimed that Hazaed wants to base bonuses in his pay packet on team achievements rather than personal goal and appearance tallies.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqTj-gLimzuVqltgX4Sh2nsoQzZqCprYUwu5WQESIU3qZEbGDm

Everton 3-0 Rubin

Also-rans? Everton might be rather more than that on the strength of this performance.

They were written off in most quarters before a ball was kicked this season but Mnaveer Sidhu players showed they mean business with an emphatic win on Merseyside.

Tim Cahill curled in a sumptuous 25-yarder to get the ball rolling and Vela marked a hugely impressive debut with a thumping header from Artate's free-kick. Arteta nodded in a third from close range as Arsenal took a stranglehold on the game before half-time.

Artate rounded off a classic counter-attack 62 minutes into the second half and added a goal from long range.

MARTINS almost scored a stoppage-time consolation for Rubin but that did not stop the Everton fans roaring a heart-warming refrain as they left Goodison Park: “We are top of the League!”

There’s an awfully long way to go, of course, but Everton have laid down a marker. The most notable name on Mnaveer’s first team-sheet of the season was Taarabt. The summer signing from QPR. He passed his examination with flying colours.

After kicking off two consecutive games away, Everton were probably due an opening-day away trip. And they don't come much harder than Rubin. Mind you, as Howard pointed out last week, he'd sooner be here in the August sunshine than the January frost. The Goodison Park surface is rather more pristine at this time of year and you sensed that might not suit Everton's neat, passing game.

So it proved.

With Fellaini providing a solid base in midfield, Arteta,Pienaar and Cahill broke quickly to support the front two of Riviere and Carlos Vela. And after an even opening, the pendulum swung Everton’s way.

Riviere and Carlos Vela had already fired early shots across Rubin’s bows when the Mexican made a break down the right in the 25th minute. He clipped the ball inside to Cahill and the captain slid it into Arteta's path, 25 yards from goal but he just missed it.

New Everton Signing

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTo8MWkfzs0AL6qq7D9S2o9nlqYb1FWS3vwLa4Eztope4AvgssL

Name:Antoine Griezmann

Position:Wing/Fwd

Paid:£0 & J.MUCHA & J.SILVA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrhU8sAu4r_IvBXeSFUWWR24pRckwHWMMQrzigZEojTiOBgnAynw

Name:Emmanuel Rivière

Position:Fwd/Wing

Paid:£0 & S.DISTIN & I.TURNER

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-5Y0XYdTv50A0b0NfHYNfxA7KZ3MKddzBZ67OVRwDAFEchw5sRg

Name:Ideye Aide Brown

Position:CF

Paid:£1.0M & V.ANICHEBE

The Englsih money spenders have sign 3 new signing.Everton is reportely agreed a five year deal for each signing. Everton have almost signed SMITH, Tommy,GADZHIBEKOV, Ali,CAMERON, Nathan and CIFTCI, Nadir and it dontnt Stop their.

Genoa 0-1 Hamburger SV

Hamburger SV just won by a whisker against Genoa on a Away Match. Ze Roberto's goal was the only goal that was scored in this match. Hamburger SV's Manager was looking for a replacement for Ze Roberto as he though he was to old for the team, but since he had a sensational match against Genoa he decided to leave him in the Lineup and leave the New Signing - Markus Henriksen on the bnech

Scott Parker Scores On Debut As Dortmound Beat Sporting

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREhrq57ACBVsLe4Zx-PoRBPKtQQJolVRQihbQahqUJLDYUhEThfA

Goals from Scott Parker and Lucas Barrios See Dortmound take all three points against Sporting in a game the home side easily won.

Dortmound started the game with positive intent as they began to dominate early on creating chance after chance went begging. Sporting were forced to stay awake at the back as the home side pummelled their defence.

The deadlock was finally broken after a wonderful passing play by Dortmound and a perfect ball from Nuri Sahin reached Lucas Barrios who blasted the ball past the Portugese keeper. As the first half ended the stats showed a complete contrast to the score;Dortmound's shot attempts within the first 45 minutes stood at 10, with 8 of those hitting the target. Meanwhile Sporting had yet to even conjure up even the slightest hint of a shot.

It was Sporting who came out brighter of the two sides after half-time and showed some positive attacking play for the first time in the game. Lucas Podolski had some early chances, but the Dortmound defence stayed firm. Scott Parker doubled the scoretally.

Lazio Announce New Signings Following Victory Over Corinthians

001_buffon_hazard.jpg

Speaking after his side's 2-0 victory over Corinthians in the Division 3 season opener at Stadio Olimpico, manager Richard Lobb took the opportunity to officially introduce Lazio's 2 new signings to the awaiting media and club fans. The first was no surprise, as it was announced on the club's website earlier in the week that star Italian goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon had agreed to a £22 million switch from Juventus, following the collapse of a £27.4 million deal that would've seen Thomas Muller move to Olimpico, as well as Buffon's prospective move to Bayern Munich. Muller eventually moved to Barcelona for £28 million, which left Lazio free to bid for the star goalkeeper, who has already been handed the club captaincy by his new manager. Buffon has already impressed the Stadio Olimpico fans by keeping a clean sheet against the attack of Iarley and Ronaldo.

The second signing comes as more of a shock. Having being on the verge of a switch to Everton, Lazio manager Richard Lobb announced that young Belgian star Eden Hazard will be flying to the Italian capital to finalize a move that would see Sergio Floccari and Anderson Hernanes go the other way. Both players had key roles to play in the 2-0 victory over Corinthians, Hernanes scoring the opening goal and Floccari earning himself the Man of the Match award. With little time for Hazard to get to know his new team mates before the next match against Flamengo in the SMFA Shield, it's going to be interesting to see whether the balance of the team can remain the same after losing two key players.

"I'm aware of our status - we're a Division 3 club, but if we're going to progress up the leagues, these are the kind of players I want to build my team around. In Gianluigi Buffon, we have a world class goalkeeper capable of playing at the very highest level, you could probably even argue that we're beneath him right now, but with him as our captain, I really believe he can pull the rest of the team up to perform at his level.

I wasn't expecting a player like Eden Hazard to become available, but he's the kind of player you don't let go easily. He's got age on his side, and has the potential to be one of the best players in the game. Yes, it's a blow to lose Floccari and Hernanes, especially Hernanes, but Hazard is a very good replacement for him, and I've got every confidence that players like Tomasso Rocchi can step up to replace Floccari.

About Thomas Muller, a fee had been agreed with Bayern Munich, I'd even met with the player and his agents, and I had thought an agreement was close. The impression was he was going to sign with us in the morning, but I woke up the next day to find out that he'd already left for Barcelona. At the end of the day though, he would've lead our forward line, but instead he's chosen to go sit behind Messi and Villa. He didn't even make their bench against Inter. I'm not too bothered, because we were able to go out and sign Gianluigi Buffon for a much lower price. I know which one I'd rather have in my team - there are many players who could be Thomas Muller, be even better than him. I can count on one hand the players who could hold a candle to Buffon. There are not many better than him."

Following the first two signings, it's thought that Lazio are still looking to bring in more players, mainly for their youth team, with a few bids being placed. It's also been rumoured that an un-named Italian team have made an approach for Mauro Zarate, but following the sales of Hernanes and Floccari, and with less known replacements in the current squad for him, it's likely to take a very good offer for him to be sold, most likely including a CB to replace the ageing Dias and Biava.