World Championship 10658 Match Reports and Tranfer News

Re: World Championship 10658 Match Reports and Tranfer News

Dortmound Interested IN FSV Mainz Midfielder

FSV Mainz Midfielder Andre Schurrle Has Attrated The Interest Of Dortmound

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROM07BYwMH7yXzjhIp-C-rFychwvqITnUNvpz9YVy-L9dawgqil_quV77P0Q

According to a report in Germany, Bundesliga side Borrusia Dortmound are closely monitoring the situation of Adre Schurrle, currently under contract with FSV Mainz.

Dortmound coach Sven Goran Erriksson is eager to add another midfielder to his squad in the winter transfer window and the Current Dutch manager reportedly sees the 21-year-old as the perfect addition to his squad.

Schurrle started his professional career with Basel and joined FSV Mainz in the summer of 2007. The German international has since made close to 100 official appearances for Mainz and his good performances haven't gone unnoticed elsewhere.

The midfielder has previously been linked with clubs such as Lazio and Juventus , but Dortmound are now believed to be sitting in pole position to lure Schurrle away from his current club.

Schurrle current contract expires at the end of the season and the playmaker is reluctant to sign a new deal. Therefore, Mainz could decide to cash in on Andre in the January transfer window

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: World Championship 10658 Match Reports and Tranfer News Rocchi and Lazio Run Riot At Stuttgart's Expense Following Lazio's defeat in the SMFA Shield away to Flamengo, few Lazio fans would b

Re: World Championship 10658 Match Reports and Tranfer News Kevin Nolan used Sky News to reveal that he would join Everton after Newcastle United accepted an improved offer from Manveer's side and

Palermo Vs Dortmound Preview

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFBkyNXhehDQCwxtXRA6btO6QbIA5VlAfT8TeDLKFqL5Ud9dsGzt5LnUT0

Palermo play host to Borrussia Dortmound in their first SMFA Shield Cup encounter at home after a gap of seven years.

After making their way in the play-offs, the Italian club were widely seen as the whipping boys of Group F.

The home side were unable to register even a single victory at home when they last graced the group stage of the tournament, but will be hoping to set right that record as soon as possible. And ideally, they would have liked to have face FC Twente in their first European tie at home, instead of Dortmound.

But most importantly, the Italian side – who are known to have a passionate support – need their fans to turn their men into Gods for this one, as the gulf in class between the two sides makes the visitors strong favourites to walk away with three points.

Will the real Dortmound please stand up?

All said and done,Dortmound are certainly far superior when compared to their Italian counterparts, and anything less than a victory will be considered as a failure.

Radu, Muslera and Zarate Leaving?

002_radu_muslera_zarate.jpg

It's not the first time Mauro Zarate has been the victim to transfer rumours, previously being linked to an un-named Italian team, but it's been revealed today that he could be on his way out of Lazio along with two of his team-mates, Stefan Radu and Fernando Muslera. It had previously been stated that Zarate would only be allowed to leave in a part exchange deal for a Central Defender, but all other talks about the three players with other teams has been cancelled, as Lazio seem to be preparing for their inevitable departures.

Stefan Radu has become an important member of the Lazio first team, who started their first game of the season against Corinthians, but should he be left out of the side for tonight's game, speculation will continue to build about his future. Fernando Muslera has found himself warming the bench following the arrival of Gianluigi Buffon, but Lazio's manager has seemed unwilling to let the young goalkeeper leave on a permanent deal, so a loan move seems to be more likely. Whether Lazio's chairman will agree to the loan or not is another issue.

Lazio are in action tonight in the SMFA Shield against Brazilian side Flamengo. New signing Eden Hazard is set to make his debut in Anderson Hernanes' former position in midfield.

NEW SIGNINGS GRAB GOALS ARE LILLE RUN RAMPANT AT ANDERLECHT

Lille came out 5-1 winners away to Anderlecht in the SMFA Sheild, New signings Hernanes, Floccari grabbed a goal each and Steven Piennar signed in the morning put in a Man Of The Match performance and also grabbed a goal.

Piennar said" I just met the rest of the squad at around 2 this afternoon after passing my medical, I'm looking forward to my time here and working with the manager, I think the signing of Hernanes showed to me the plans the manager has for Lille and I want to be a part of that, and I think we showed that on the park today"

Taylor Commented " Im very pleased with the performances of the 3 new signings, yes we have lost a very very talented player in Eden Hazard and I wish him well at Lazio, but in Steven Piennar I think I have got a great replacement and I think he showed his quality today"

Taylor added " We will keep an eye on the transfer market and I will add players as and when I see suitable, but at the moment there are no targets, I can say I'm happy with my first 11"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJzGp2a4sAHs40RiKhAw5c7W5gKuV47VXvXN-3kw4-5b6H3529

Dortmound And Palermo Share The Points

Dortmound drew 1-1 with Palermo on Tuesday in a game of high drama and even greater controversy.

Sven's side were in charge until just before the break. They scored an exquisite individual goal through Mario Gotze in the 24th minute and, crucially, had seemed to have found some security at the back.

However in the 42nd minute Antonio Nocerino chased an aimless boot out of defence and finished with brilliant ferocity. On the whistle,Florian Fringe injured himself in a challenge with Fabrizio Micolli. He hobbled down the tunnel and was not seen again.

Mario Gotze followed him in the 62nd minute after receiving a debatable second yellow card for a foul on Javier Pastore.

The dismissal was an injustice to what had been a pulsating game to that point. For the final 30 minutes the match was all about the battle not the football.

Both sides decided to keep what they had rather than gamble on another goal.

In the circumstances it was a valuable draw for Dortmound .

In such circumstances, only an error or a dash of genius can break the deadlock. In this case it was the latter.

Their team remain in the race for the SMFA Champions Cup but have much work to do.

Ajax Vs Dortmound

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0sxpmIAuOvbvEiNMaTXYnwUVLUZkFZl_od20TeWpjojn0XRQsAQ

Dortmound were denied by a last-gasp Antonio Nocorino strike at Renzo Barbera last Night as Palermo clinched a late point much to the frustration of manager Sven Goran Erriksson.

As the clock ticked down In Italy it seemed inevitable that Dortmound's defence would be breached, despite an admirable performance.

Nevertheless The Swedisman, who will no doubt have been pleased with the news that the club recorded pre-tax profits.

He will return to the dugout against Ajax and if Dortmound's recent form is anything to go by, they could be in for a difficult afternoon.

Sven's men will be confident after recording a 2-1 win against Sporting in their last game a fortnight ago, but Ajax will provide a much sterner test.

Sven's reign has not started as smoothly as he would have hoped, with fans expecting the club to challenge for the European spots. With rumors of a clear-out on the way, a win against Ajax would be the perfect tonic for Dortmound fans hoping their side can begin to climb the table.

Dortmound Hoping For Excellent Form To Continue.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoLF985Pw_TJAayGF-1k9guCi1TfiKYqRQgvDKBh2k85Nh9eAsQQ

EVERTON 2-1 Lyon, Champion League,Goodison Park

One of our highest Attendance’s at Goodison this season. An attendance of 40,530 watched this match,the Blues witnessed a fairly positive match. Despite injuries to key players like jack Rodwell and Arteta, and Yao Kouassi Gervinho’s inability to play due to being Cup tied, Everton were the better team. Everton spent the majority of the first half as the dominating team and were able to keep all threats at bay. We were rewarded for our hard work when in the 30th Minute, Emmanual Jay Thomas took it around the defence of Lyon, slipped it back to Saha with a cheeky backheel and Saha netted us in front 1-0. Superb, just what we needed to get the fairly quite Goodison atmosphere going.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdADXd1Skvg4FtJvvlNBWbu88RYIJ3B2CrdDfuccqKJ76Jk9JBJg

The second half came along and Everton played the same again, dominating and controlling and not allowing Lyon much room to break. Our lead was doubled in the 80th minute when a corner came in and Osman and Lyon's keeper went up against eachother. Osman was said to have fouled their keeper by blocking his hands which lead to Adel Taarabt to grab a cheeky slip in from a yard away on his debut. Luckily the ref decided to give it as a goal to Everton’s fortune and Lyon'a misery. After watching the replay, personally, Yeh, I do think it was a foul but it’s about time we had a bit of luck.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_wUbPM1vunVr80ONjOo8LFNJxHpj0zDekl-_tmZYcYTfIh2UAFw

Everton continued to dominate and we were looking set to finishing up with a clean sheet and hefty boost for our visit to Allianz Arena week. Our hearts sank a bit in the 87th minute when Lyon's Lasandro managed to score a late goal.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBr1pXnTIPoy2CRkGDcr58m1Rh6OUrwxqImGJZFXxpygCJ2QY_-Q

Tottenham 2-4 Everton

The former Lille OSC striker, who completed his move. Everton took the lead after 20 minutes when Gervinho header went in via a deflection by Tottenham Hotspur keeper Gomes off an upright.

Defoe put Tottenham back in contention with a low finish just after the hour - but Everton then struck three times in 30 minutes to add to the growing belief inside Goodison Park that they can mount a serious challenge.

Baines turned Cahill's cross past Gomes before Gervinho showed the more acceptable face of his character with a towering header from FELLAINI's cross.

The Blues was in pandemonium when Arteta turned home Everton's fourth, and Van Der Vaart's late goal mattered little as tottenham collapsed in alarming fashion.

If Everton and boss Manveer were looking for an accurate measure of their prospects this season, then this deserved win will send optimism coursing through Goodison Park.

The Blues showed attacking verve, especially in the shape of Gervinho and Arteta - even with Rodwell injured and Heitinga sidelined.but perhaps more importantly showed the character to dig their way out of adversity when Tottenham threatened to take control.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWqTHo-mrVkDJPdrHHPt_FZq_etWK7Yp1IAl5DrRuhptiFo0cG

Johan Djourou

Everton have completed the signing of Switzerland defender Johan Djourou on a five-year contract from Arsenal, the club said on Thursday.

After having two bids rejected, Everton agreed a fee with the Gunners over the weekend.

Johan Djourou, 24, passed a medical on wednesday and finally tied up the transfer to Goodison Pack on Thursday.

"I am absolutely delighted to welcome Johan to Everton. He is an Switzerland international who has proved his Premier League ability during his time at Arsenal,In bringing Johan to the Club I feel we have recruited a defender of the very highest quality." Everton manager Manveer told the club’s website.

"He can play in a number of defensive positions, and I’m positive he will make a significant impact for us."Johan Djourou is Everton’s 20 major signing of the summer.

The former Arsenal defender said: "I’m looking forward to training with the lads as I’ve not trained for a few days.I know some of the lads already -- I’m close friends with Jay (Jay Emmanual Thomas), SZCZESNY, Wojciech and Carlos Vela. The way this club is moving on, I’m really looking forward to being a part of that."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAToX75StHxR9lzTJmVZDRW90nDj-kP_GkYje7_nHywOBwdI02

Dortmound Win A Cracker At The Expense Of Ajax

A topsy-turvy evening at Amsterdam Aena eventually ended with Ajax suffering a 3-2 defeat at the hands of Dortmound.

It wasn't quite a tale of two halves, more a case of strong start and even stronger finish sandwiching a sustained spell under pressure for. It was that mid-match dip that ultimately cost them the points.

Lucas Barrios put the German side in front early on, and he doubled his lead 10 minutes before the interval

And by the 70th minute Dortmound found themselves back to all square went Mounir El Hamdoui and Luiz Suarez punished some lacklustre defending.

On the 89th minute Dortmound found the winner thanks to a surging run from inspirational midfielder Nuri Sahin

A fresh season brought just one fresh face in Dortmound's first starting line-up, Scott Parker. The 29-year old Englishman impressed with his hard working ethic shown on the pitch yesterday

Ajax started the brighter but only had a clutch of corners to show for their effort.The breakthrough followed shortly after.

Barrios finish to a six-yard scrap was brilliant. After a neat give and go with Kagawa, the Paraguayan International had at least five Red shirts descend on him eight yards from goal. With a soft-shoe shuffle he escaped with the ball and dinked it over the advancing Stekelenburg. It was a touch of class.

Further warning shots followed. Parker thumped the post from distance and Nuri Sahin scooped over after a thrusting five-man move. Kagawa, too, went close with a long-range effort, but in between Subotic was required to make a last-ditch tackle to stop a dangerous Ajax break.

Subotic again came to the rescue midway through the half, cutting out Siem De Jong's teasing cross,Emanuelsen wasn't enjoying the best of spells. His mazy run deserved better than the scuffed effort.

The balance of power was shifting and Dortmound were starting to sit a little deeper. It wasn't helping their cause. Suarez fired over from Emanuelsen's clever release.

Now the £21 million man was starting to make his presence known and soon made his most telling contribution. Powering towards the byline Suarez muscled past one challenge, bided his time and fizzed an inch-perfect cross low to the back post. Hamdoui couldn't miss.

Dortmound woes continued early in the second-half and they were lucky not to trail when an unmarked De Zeeuw curled an effort wide from inside the box. It was, briefly, a well-heeded wake-up call. Sahin had a deflected free-kick rebound off the crossbar and Santana follow-up was smothered by Steklenburg at the near post.

However the visitors weren't on the back foot for long. With 89 minutes gone substitute Conor Wickham flung a glorious cross-field pass behind a retreating Ajax rearguard and into the path of Parker who in turn rolled in Bender to apply a simple finish by the penalty spot. To clinch the winner

Ajax continued to look the team most likely but the pressure came to nothing

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWG4-Y39YfaJTb8q63xQVPCB8oZU5LggsoPE6WHZyQJdB320Qjig

Barrios Scoring His First Goal After 2 minutes

article-1288561-0A23124D000005DC-716_468x286.jpg

Dortmound On The Verge Of Signing Brazilian Julio Baptista

Dortmound are keeping an eye on the evolution of Julio Baptista's current troubles at Malaga amid reports claiming the Brazilian is set for a exit.

Itasportpress claims Baptista could be shipped out just six months after his €10 million summer transfer from Roma with Dortmound waiting to pounce. He has become unsettled at the club, with voices suggesting a strained relationship with coach has festered following his substitution after just 32 minutes against Parma on Wednesday.

The downturn in Malaga has fuelled speculation that Baptista could be shipped out, and Dortmound are on standby. The German club fought alongside Malaga during the summer, and they were close to landing the midfielder. However, it was Malaga who won the battle for his signature and came away with their man.

But Baptista has failed to fulfil expectations thus far, with a number of rumours claiming a move to Dortmound will revive his career. Earlier, Brazil coach Carlos Dunga claimed Malaga "were ruining the player's career", as he voiced his World Cup concerns.

Rocchi and Lazio Run Riot At Stuttgart's Expense

003_rocchi.jpg

Following Lazio's defeat in the SMFA Shield away to Flamengo, few Lazio fans would be looking forward to their away trip to the German side Stuttgart, but those who made the trip would've left the Mercedes-Benz Arena delighted, as Lazio vice-captain Tommaso Rocchi (pictured above) put in a fantastic all-round performance to help his side to a massive 5-1 victory over the German outfit.

The match could hardly have started any better for the Italian side as centre back Giuseppe Biava fired his side into the lead after just 3 minutes with a powerful right-footed shot. Lazio goalkeeper Buffon was forced into action 5 minutes later to keep his side in front, but a clever pass from Stuttgart's Pavel Pogrebnyak put central midfielder Kuzmanovic in the clear, and the Serbian made no mistake in driving the ball past Buffon to put his side back on level terms. However, this was going to be the last moment of note for the German side, as even though they managed to create more goal-scoring opportunities, Lazio showed them how to make the most of them, as Stuttgart's defence gave Ledesma too much time in the box on 25 minutes, putting his side back in front. Shortly after, Pasquale Foggia was released by a long ball to make the score 3-1 at the break.

Shortly after the break, Rocchi showed off his predatory instincts to make it 4, and if there was already no way back into the match for Stuttgart, Stefano Celozzi guaranteed that after being sent off for a dangerous two-footed tackle. To round off the scoring, Rocchi once again popped up to convert a cross with a powerful header that beat Ulreich in the German goal. With still 20 minutes on the clock left to play, Lazio started to pass the ball among themselves more, and although Stuttgart managed a few more efforts, they weren't able to produce anything that Gianluigi Buffon couldn't handle, as the game finished with a huge win for the Italian side.

Naturally, Lazio's manager, Richard Lobb, was delighted with the nature of the performance, but made it clear that it's still very early in the season, and his team are already preparing for their trip to Besiktas on Saturday.

Lazio Unveil Coentrao

004_coentrao.jpg

During a short stop in the Italian capital before his team jet off to Turkey in preparation for their league match away to Besiktas, Richard Lobb held a press conference outside Lazio's training ground to introduce Lazio's newest signing to the media. It had already been confirmed that 3 players, Mauro Zarate, Stefan Radu and Fernando Muslera had reached an agreement to leave the Italian club, with their destination, Benfica, revealed following their transfers to Portugal, Lazio had previously remained coy over who they were set to receive in return.

Three Benfica players were all revealed to the media, but it's left back Fabio Coentrao who received the most attention from the press. Coentrao, a Portugese international, expressed that whilst he was reluctant to leave a club that had given him so much since he joined Benfica, having made his international debut whilst on the books there, he couldn't resist the move to the Italian capital, and to a club that he believes has similar ambitions to him. He also stated that he is delighted that other Portugese speakers Nicolás Gaitan and Alan Kardec have also joined him at Lazio, and hopes that their presence will aid all 3 of them to blend into their new team as soon as possible. In contrast to Coentrao and Gaitan's deal, Kardec has joined Lazio in a season-long loan, that will also see Fernando Muslera return to the club at the end of the season.

All 3 players will also be available to represent Lazio in the much publicised Youth Cup, joining other signings such as Eden Hazard in the side. Lazio's manager has indicated that he is still looking to push through some more deals for his Youth Cup squad before tomorrow's registration deadline.

Deco Signs For Dortmound

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRarx0ZrUh36zDhs1KN64ikNLaBFClOcrz9E0_HsIFAAjnaF06-

Dortmound Football Club today made its third signing in three days as Portugese international Midfielder, Anderson Deco joins the German Club club from Flumeninse, on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee.

Part of the Portugal 2010 World Cup squad, Deco (33) is a tall, strong and vastly experienced central Midfielder who has made 36 appearances in the Champions League, Europe's premier club competition, as well as tallying 21 caps for his country.

Prior to his time in Brazil, Deco enjoyed a successful spell in Spain with Barcelona by winning the champions league.The combative Midfielder was also part of Chelsea's impressive EPL campaign, helping the side lift the premier league for the first time

Anderson Deco said on his arrival at Dortmound: "This is an exciting move for me. Sven is a highly respected coach who I am very much looking forward to working with and of course, I know some of the Dortmound players through the national team. Dortmound is recognised as a side that not only plays beautiful football but one that challenges for trophies at the highest level and I am very excited to be joining such a fantastic club."

Dortmound manager, Sven Goran Erriksson added: "Deco has many qualities that will add to the strength of our squad. He is quick, hugely experienced with an aggressive edge to his game. His signing will give us some variation in the middle as we look to build and fight for silverware this year."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7xk2CfteXhPWpGA4Z4umLa9GMCM53SdgCBgk6rTUrrE5Aqa9h

Victory over Valencia would take Everton to the top of the League table.One man sure to play a leading role should Valencia clamber to the summit is Mikel Arteta, with the fiery Spanish midfeilder expected to figure against Valencia despite recently handing in a transfer request.

His presence is sure to draw plenty of attention, but Everton's recent form suggests they have become more than just a one-man team.

Manveer's men are currently unbeaten in Four games.They have struggled somewhat in front of goal of late, though, and that will concern Manveer slightly.

Valecia have failed to find the target in three of their last home games, but have countered that by keeping a clean sheet. Valencia will be hoping that they can breach a watertight defence on saturday night.

Everton(4-2-2)Howard,Jagielka,Djourou,Rodwell,Baines,Arteta, Fellaini,Osman,Vela,Cahill,Gervino

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrpV9Z5u199SYv56CGS7oBgK_z8y7cnt0kGUOLMEmb3sq48OpH

PSV Vs Dortmound

Dortmund maintained their fine form last week with a 2-3 triumph away to Ajax. The Ruhr side have a perfect 2 wins in as many away matches. Truly, Dortmund must be considered top candidates for the title.

Just don’t ask chief Megan Fox.

“We do not dream but continue on our way,” She said after the Ajax win. “We are down-to-earth Westphalians.”

Defender Mats Hummels echoed his boss’ sentiments, “Our fans are allowed to dream, but I think that they are realistic too.”

Such dreams of winning a title are becoming less and less far-fetched with each passing week. Indeed,

Ahead of Saturday's clash, coach Sven Goran Erriksson emphasised that his players are indeed fit enough to play,

“I have realised that we in Dortmund are on an island,” he told Ruhr Nachrichten. ”Apart from us, nobody takes Dortmund seriously.

“For Upteen years, I have been asked how long my team can cope with the strain;”

Coming off more rest than they have had in weeks and a nearly full squad available, the German Respesentatives are in good shape indeed.

PSV Playing For Good Of Div 2

For PSV, last Wednesday’s 0-4 lost over to Boca Juniors was one of sheer embarresment. After falling behind due to an early penalty, The Dutch side dug deep but it wasn't enough to beat the argentinians champions.

TEAM NEWS

Borussia Dortmund

Dortmund's casualty list slimmed this week when Tamas Hajnal finally returned to fitness. The Hungarian midfielder is expected to be available on the bench, and might even be joined by Mohamed Zidan, who could make his long-awaited return to action. This weekend comes too soon for Sebastian Kehl, Patrick Owomoyela, and Florian Kringe, however; the trio will have to watch from the stands.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXg3yBbWqUbWD3w68kNwI2ppu2hptUjQZy6EwH-KvesWO02S6i

Kevin Nolan used Sky News to reveal that he would join Everton after Newcastle United accepted an improved offer from Manveer's side and the deal was concluded just hours later.

The 28-year-old passed a medical at Everton's training ground before signing a four-and-a-half year contract.

"We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Newcastle United and Kevin Nolan for the player's transfer to the Club,'' a statement on Everton's website said.

Manveer admitted Borussia Dortmund's interest in Kevin Nolan would ruin his chances of signing the former Bolton star after Newcastle United accepted Borussia Dortmund's offer, also $6 million.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtPiZPbf9WJNYCdjOm6-tu5rLCB9sefdTRg_ThYabHQepz4Mmmlv1Jbga7Ig

Dortmound Complete Sensational Signing Of Gareth Bale

Dortmound Football Club is delighted to announce that Welshmen international Midfielder Gareth Bale has joined the German side from Spurs on a long term comtract.

Bale (21), made his first team debut for the Dutch club at just 18, after playing at Youth level for Cardiff. During his 43 appearances with the English side, Bale, who is predominantly a Left back, gained experience in both the UEFA Cup and UEFA Champions League. He has made 21 appearances for Wales, now being a regular in his country’s set-up since making his full international debut in March 2006.

Manager Sven Goran Erriksson said: “Bale is a great signing for Dortmound Football Club, and we are all delighted that he is joining us. Thomas is a solid performer with good experience of Champions League and UEFA Cup football and is also a regular with the Wales national team.

Bale is primarily a left-footed Left back, but he’s multi-functional and can also play at Left Wing. He is strong technically with a positive winner’s attitude and I have no doubt his arrival will strengthen our team. Gareth Bale will be a huge asset to Dortmound.”

After completing his move to the Dortmound, Bale said: “Firstly, I have to say that I’m sad to be leaving Spurs and I would just like to thank everyone for their help and friendship towards me over the past years.

“I’m just so happy to be joining Dortmound. This is a great Club with a world class manager, high quality players and a fantastic stadium. Everything is set up for Dortmound to be very successful for years to come and I joined this Club because I know Dortmoundl will be challenging for trophies.

“I have had a good taste of the Champions League during my time with Spurs and this is something I am looking forward to experiencing again with Dortmound. I’m also looking forward to playing in Div 1, which for me, is the best league division in the world. Also, I just want to assure the Dortmound fans that I will give everything for this Club and I hope we can enjoy winning some trophies together this season.”

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSW9jA30yd66nCJj0buAoBTmZG_PbDBjgNkLsl2Y9_zyjujXKL

PSV: PSV have boosted their push for honours by signing Everton's Midfeilder Mikel Arteta of around 14-18mil the two clubs said on Tuesday.

The 2-year-old Spainish international travelled to Philips Stadion yesterday to undergo a medical.

The powerful midfeilder will provide PSV coach with an extra Midfeilder option following a back injury to Sweden midfeilder TOIVONEN, Ola that will sideline him until around April.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNBEaXzLQGYQYpYQruufW4Fkrv8ltgRpZLumr78uN07N-ymt-k

Nolan completes Newcastle switch

PSV have confirmed Balázs Dzsudzsák has joined Everton for £10m on a four-and-a-half year contract.

The midfielder is seen as the ideal replacement for Rodwell, who faces a long spell on the sidelines at Everton after breaking his foot.

"It was an opportunity which was impossible to turn down," Nolan told Everton's official website.

"He's got a good eye for goal and has got bags of Premier League experience," said The Blues boss Mnaveer Sidhu. And Manveer believes his tenacity will help him become a big success at Goodison Park.

"He's a player I think our fans will love," he said. "He's a real inspirational player and a great character. He's the sort of lad that never knows when he is beaten. "I think he is going to be a very valuable player for us and someone who can help us climb back up the table."

Dortmound 6 - 0 Twente

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVUcFRSxQzAruIbqjNz5wjbtYK9IzfIpQiu4EYc__TW4n5Hr1LTQ

Dortmound Thrash Twente To Claim Important Three Points

Dortmound took four minutes to go ahead, Leonel Galeano scoring from the spot after a foul on Gareth Bale.

Mats Hummels slammed in Scot Parker's sublime pass, before Anderson Deco superbly set up Lucas Barrios to drill home.

Scott Parker headed in to make it 4-0 and Deco dinked in a fifth before IIlkay Gundagon stroked home another to wrap things up.

It was a display that epitomised everything boss Sven holds dear as his Dortmound team tore the Champions League debutants apart.

Dortmound brought their usual magnetic passing game to the European curtain-raiser, but they seemed to raise their level a notch above the norm with some fabulous interchanges that saw Twente spend most of the evening chasing shadows.

In front of an expectant Signal Iduna Park crowd. Dortmound were immediately into their stride and Twente, making their debut in the competition, looked overawed as a Scott Parker's-inspired Dortmound swarmed all over them.

The Englishmen had a penalty appeal rejected after only three minutes and soon after it was from his pass that Twente keeper Boschker brought down Barrios, Galeano stepping up to slot home for his first goal of the season.

Deco lifts the ball over Boschker for Dortmound's fifth

The visitors found themselves trying to repel wave after wave of Dortmound attack and while Twente occasionally looked threatening on the break, both Mats Hummels and Nevan Subotic dealt comfortably with whatever was thrown at them.

With half an hour gone they doubled their advantage as Parker jinked past two static defenders and slid in Hummels down the left, the German drilling under Boschker to make it 2-0.

That soon became three as Dortmound scored a goal few inside the stadium are likely to forget in a hurry.

Another fine passing move at pace saw Gareth Bale's cross from the right half-cleared, only for Deco to clip it to Barrios, who laid it off and then collected a gorgeous back-heeled flick from Sahin to crash past a flailing Boschker.

Bigger tests await Sven and his team in Europe this season, but they could barely have got off to a more emphatic start

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAuYGwFhnFYn53VRsH3qDkcXMsarFrZVXS1dn7X_knVMwnDAVrOA

Dortmound 2 - 3 Wender Bremen

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_9SC7nPVJFvNYvdiVglAbOUQcO8iRoq11upawdGz2T4TXOMtd

Andres Guardado Celebrates His First Goal

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvluHDyR8F0FBZ7E9XPxNCgs4kwfMhdU7ZN4Te3sGH70XSK8HZ

The Goal That Clinch The Game For Bremen

Dortmound missed the chance to close the gap on Boca Juniors at the top of the League, after an Andres Guardado strike sealed a sensational win for Bremen, who now find themselves in the top half of the table.

Dortmound's first chance came from their mercurial captain, Nuri Sahin. England Midfielder Scott Parker won a free-kick on the edge of the box after a typically bullish run, and Sahin curled the resulting deadball delicately towards goal, but a nick off the Bremen wall directed it onto the top of the crossbar and it was scrambled away.

At times Dortmound's football was intricate, neat and free-flowing, the sort of build-up play that manager Sven Goran Erriksson has built a reputation on. All too often, though, that final ball was found wanting. This was no more apparent than when a lovely one-touch move involving Gareth Bale and Barrios found the feet of Baptista but his final pass was poor, and straight to the feet of Bremen midfielder Guardado.

Bremen were not to be outplayed, though, and had done their homework. The defence sat deep and squeezed out the Dortmound attack while the german team relied on quick counters with the athletic Di Natale and Guardado stretching the home defence.

Ten minutes before the break Tim Wiese pulled off the save of the half from a measured Deco shot from 18-yards, tipping the curling effort over the bar. The resulting corner was easily cleared and Bremen broke but Marko Marin cross was toed away by Subotic.

Right on half time Bremen grabbed the lead with a route-one goal.

Dortmound started the second half brightly as they looked to equalise in quick fashion, and came so close to doing so as Baptista burst into the box from the right flank, his own man Barrios only just getting out of his way as he rattled the underside of the bar with Wiese having no chance.

Minutes later, Dortmound Equalize through Deco's brilliant free kick which saw bremen goalkeeper Tim Wiesi flat footed.

In the dying embers of the game Bremen had the cahnce to take the lead as Henry was fouled at the edge of the box, and they took it another brilliant free kick but this time from Andres Guardado

Dortmound were becoming more and more frustrated with their lack of ability to create chances, and this was shown as Parker was booked for a silly challenge on Marin, who was excellent all day.

The final whistle blew soon after, and despite Dortmound having the best of the possession, there are few that would deny that Bremen deserved a result here.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsplz3ALHvqo0Mxn4llICcA-p0Z3pkITyP5Yxplmhn-L9VAiOG

Baptista brace see's Spurs loose To Dortmound

Borussia Dortmund moved Closer to the top of Division 2 standings this evening thanks to Julio Baptista stoppage-time winner against rivals Totenham at White Hart Lane.

Tom Huddlestone, who ruffled feathers yesterday by criticising his own club's management structure, looked to have nicked struggling Totenham a point when he lashed home a fine 86nd-minute equaliser to cancel out Julio Baptista scrappy opener.

However, Baptista's last-gasp strike ensured the visitors took away all three points and edged Closer to the top.

Dortmund could have gone ahead as early as the sixth minute when Blaszczykowski's cross found Lucas Barrios, but the Paraguay forward inexplicably headed over with the goal gaping.

Barrios was again off target a minute later, heading wide from Lukasz Piszczek's cross.

The deadlock was then nearly broken against the run of play at the other end when Lennon's superb volley left Roman Weidenfeller stranded but came back off the crossbar, and Luka Modrics' effort on the rebound was saved.

Barrios was also denied by the woodwork in the 16th minute when his header from Sahin's flighted free-kick hit the bar, but four minutes later he played his part in the opener.

Barrios got his head to Gareth Bale's ball at the back post and it ended up in the net via the post and the foot of Baptista.

English midfielder Parker had a chance to double Dortmund's advantage midway through the first half but could only find the side-netting when well placed on the left of the penalty area.

Parker then turned provider again for Barrios to send another header wide as Dortmund had to settle for a one-goal cushion at the break.

Sven's side took their foot off the gas after the interval and gave their hosts hope of getting something out of the game.

Andy Carrol nodded down to Darren Bent but he could only head over the bar from six yards just before the hour and, 10 minutes later, Torres's 30-yard blast was parried to safety by Weidenfeller.

Sixteenth-placed Spurs received reward for their endeavour eight minutes from time when Mats Hummels' clearance fell to Spain striker Torres, who produced a brilliant left-footed shot from 20 yards into the top right corner.

Dortmund were not to be denied, though, and sealed a dramatic win in added time when Baptista slotted home from 12 yards from Blaszczykowski's ball across the face of goal.

• 3 weeks later...