EC Anno Domini - General Discussion, Banter etc.. VACANCIES IF YOU WANT IN

Guest drseanfitz

Re: EC Anno Domini - General Discussion, Banter etc

1-1 draw at relegated Villa sees City needing a point to guarantee 2nd spot thanks to Blackburn's huge win over Bolton:(

Interestingly' date=' Arsenal has the most points across the 4 division despite having the toughest challenges, so congratulations dean.[/quote']

I'll have to thank to Gonzalo Higuain for the final third of the season. He has been scoring madly! :D

Blackburn have brought in 2 very good young players:

39686_1268051047.jpg38147_1253233485.jpg

Gastón Ramirez111111 Ilkay Gündoğan

Gastón Ramirez is a fantastic young player attracting interest from loads of top clubs including Barcelona.

Ilkay Gündoğan is another hugely talented player who has just signed for Dortmund.

Surprised both of them were readily available, but hey i aint complaining :D

Gastón Ramirez is a fantastic young player attracting interest from loads of top clubs including Barcelona.

Ilkay Gündoğan is another hugely talented player who has just signed for Dortmund.

Surprised both of them were readily available' date=' but hey i aint complaining :D[/font']

I was actually planning to sign both after my TBs were up. But great signings there!

I was actually planning to sign both after my TBs were up. But great signings there!

Thanks - i thought i'd only be able to bring one of them in so had bid for them both at the same time with the same offer' date=' and when Arsenal offered for Gündoğan i withdrew mines as i couldn't afford anything above cv. Luckily after i withdrew so did Arsenal and now a few days later i had another player come off TB so could just afford to make another bid for Gündoğan and fortunately this time noone else bid for him :)[/font']

Completely forgot about Sunday's match lol Everton beat Sunderland 5-1 away from home to move into 4th place with a game to go :D Seven goals ahead of Liverpool in 5th who are level on poins with Everton. Should be an exciting last day of the season.

Surprised both of them were readily available' date=' but hey i aint complaining :D[/font']

Good signings there! I offered my bid for Ilkay Gundogan but decided to pull off as I planned to sign a new centre-back first and then make a rebid for Gundogan after I received my prize money.

Arsenal won 2-0 over Manchester United in the 2nd leg of SMFA Champions Cup Semi-Final. Fabregas and Higuain on target. Arsenal won 5-2 on aggregate. Final here we come! :D

Will meet Barcelona in the Final. :D

Do I:

a. watch the final round of matches via score centre to appreciate the true suspense of having to win to guarantee safety on Thursday, or:

b. save myself the possible wave of emotions which could see me throw my nice PC out of the window?

;)

Do I:

a. watch the final round of matches via score centre to appreciate the true suspense of having to win to guarantee safety on Thursday' date=' or:

b. save myself the possible wave of emotions which could see me throw my nice PC out of the window?

;)[/quote']

So come results time you could be like this.......

M8pR1rZZHEs

:eek::eek::eek:

l_100.gif

Final Day

The last day of the season is here. After a long campaign, there are still some key places up for grabs going into tonight’s matches. The race for the title is over however, Dean’s Arsenal were superb all year long and broke away from the pack when Gonzalo Higuain arrived. The Argentine scored 16 goals in just 10 league games.

The race for fourth place is extremely tight however. Blackburn Rovers in 3rd have 51 points, Everton in 4th have 49 points and Liverpool in 5th have 49 points. Blackburn travel to Europa League chasers Chelsea, Everton host survival hopeful’s Birmingham and Liverpool travel to Stoke.

The last Europa League spot is going to either Fulham or Chelsea. Fulham are in 8th place three points ahead of Chelsea but the goal difference is just 4 goals. Fulham are away to Manchester City and Chelsea host Blackburn tonight.

In the relegation race, either of Bolton, Birmingham or Newcastle can go down. Bolton sit two places above the drop with Birmingham below them and Newcastle in the relegation place at present. Only three points separate Bolton from Newcastle, but Newcastle have a better goal difference. Bolton host already relegated Aston Villa, Birmingham travel to Everton while Newcastle travel to the other relegated side West Ham.

Big game tonight against already-relegated Aston Villa. Lose and we would need West Ham (also relegated) to beat Newcastle and Everton to beat Birmingham to stay up. Going off previous results, it could be a very tight affair, with the -8 GD I suffered last match being a deciding factor. I should have been safe a long time ago, I went on a four match winning run, followed by 5 games without a win, losing to Birmingham and Newcastle.

If I get relegated, big names like Gary Cahill and Johan Elmander may have to go.

Big game tonight against already-relegated Aston Villa. Lose and we would need West Ham (also relegated) to beat Newcastle and Everton to beat Birmingham to stay up. Going off previous results' date=' it could be a very tight affair, with the -8 GD I suffered last match being a deciding factor. I should have been safe a long time ago, I went on a four match winning run, followed by 5 games without a win, losing to Birmingham and Newcastle.

If I get relegated, big names like Gary Cahill and Johan Elmander may have to go.[/quote']

Oh dear, bad timing mate. I really want my Villa to go down with a bang and am certainly looking to take everything from the game. My form has been ok - 1 loss in the last 6 - the draw with title chasing City just one result amongst many thats been good.

Best of luck buddy, but I wont be taking it easy - the fact that Villa are relegated means nothing going into the game and I will set out as I always do - to win.

All the Baggies need to do tonight is avoid defeat and we will be joining Leeds in the Premiership.

Tough opponent in Wigan though, and Wolves will nab 2nd if we lose and they win.

The score centre was invented for nights like tonight! :D

All the Baggies need to do tonight is avoid defeat and we will be joining Leeds in the Premiership.

Tough opponent in Wigan though' date=' and Wolves will nab 2nd if we lose and they win.

The score centre was invented for nights like tonight! :D[/quote']

It was indeed Joe, it was indeed ;) Tonights gonna be tense!

Big game tonight against already-relegated Aston Villa. Lose and we would need West Ham (also relegated) to beat Newcastle and Everton to beat Birmingham to stay up. Going off previous results' date=' it could be a very tight affair, with the -8 GD I suffered last match being a deciding factor. I should have been safe a long time ago, I went on a four match winning run, followed by 5 games without a win, losing to Birmingham and Newcastle.

If I get relegated, big names like Gary Cahill and Johan Elmander may have to go.[/quote']

Oh dear' date=' bad timing mate. I really want my Villa to go down with a bang and am certainly looking to take everything from the game. My form has been ok - 1 loss in the last 6 - the draw with title chasing City just one result amongst many thats been good.

Best of luck buddy, but I wont be taking it easy - the fact that Villa are relegated means nothing going into the game and I will set out as I always do - to win.[/quote']

And so the season ends with a less than stimulating 0-0, not sure on other results so no clue who stays up and who sinks with me!