EC Anno Domini - General Discussion, Banter etc.. VACANCIES IF YOU WANT IN

Guest drseanfitz

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: EC Anno Domini - General Discussion, Banter etc.. VACANCIES IF YOU WANT IN

Bit harsh on my swindon as we are only in our debut season and probably not one of the favourites to go up :P

But yeah we will try :D

Actually you have a good shot at going up-just via the play offs mate. And as you stick around longer the stronger your sides become :)

Just glad that if I do get promoted-long shot you ain't in Division 2 next season :)

2-1 win away at Rochdale.

Against unmanaged which is a shame but job to be done all the same' date=' Lavezzi with the winner. :)

Next round we draw Derby, again unmanaged. :o[/quote']

:eek: shame -those are some of the hardest sides to play against :o once got tonked 5-2 against an unmanaged side ...and 1/2 of their players were NMF :(

:eek: shame -those are some of the hardest sides to play against :o once got tonked 5-2 against an unmanaged side ...and 1/2 of their players were NMF :(

Yeah they can be unpredictable, for me it's more a sign of the decline of a setup which overall makes the experience a lot less enjoyable, I personally don't get a lot out of beating unmanged teams. :o

Yeah they can be unpredictable' date=' for me it's more a sign of the decline of a setup which overall makes the experience a lot less enjoyable, I personally don't get a lot out of beating unmanged teams. :o[/quote']

I agree-the only advantage about having forumers in a gameworld is the post and the banter between them-as a noooob here it's just as if the sides are unmanaged/non forumers since few people post here-most just gawk at the post and ride off to another thread :( then complain the forums are dying.

Then again I could be wrong and there is an avalanche of posts awaiting us.

In other news our enthusiastic but misguided Chairman has booked us a match with Queen Park Rangers tommorow..and in oider to save money we are asked to hitch a ride :(

So if you see a site like this it's only us-don't call immigration please (some of the lads are getting accustomed to cavity searches)

59085b746176f2a882b64ac6149de47f.jpg

I agree-the only advantage about having forumers in a gameworld is the post and the banter between them-as a noooob here it's just as if the sides are unmanaged/non forumers since few people post here-most just gawk at the post and ride off to another thread :( then complain the forums are dying.

Then again I could be wrong and there is an avalanche of posts awaiting us.

At least this setup is immune from that terrible 'buying from unmanaged' business that eventually killed off 7345 and still happens in 2933 I believe.

Just a case of getting the word out of free clubs going but that takes effort of course which most canny be bothered with......(I include myself in that :o)

At least this setup is immune from that terrible 'buying from unmanaged' business that eventually killed off 7345 and still happens in 2933 I believe.

Just a case of getting the word out of free clubs going but that takes effort of course which most canny be bothered with......(I include myself in that :o)

yeah it is :)

Actually WE (the people inside) are the ones to keep the set up active with the banter etc-that tends to draw people in.

That's the advert right there- I mean we are home to the FOTY (forumer of the year)!

Posting takes a couple minutes tops-and it sure livens things up :D

this is the longest banter I have seen since I joined -that says something..

Actually you have a good shot at going up-just via the play offs mate. And as you stick around longer the stronger your sides become :)

Just glad that if I do get promoted-long shot you ain't in Division 2 next season :)

That goes without saying really , I never thought I would have built such a strong side so quickly after being in the division 4 scrapheap and we have progressed very quick and will continue to progress IMO

I think I will be in Division 2 , As long as I dont go back to division 3 then I consider a good season to build on and work on the side a wee bit B)

That goes without saying really ' date=' I never thought I would have built such a strong side so quickly after being in the division 4 scrapheap and we have progressed very quick and will continue to progress IMO

I think I will be in Division 2 , As long as I dont go back to division 3 then I consider a good season to build on and work on the side a wee bit B)[/quote']

Well you are a transfer wizz so the longer you stay with a side-the stronger the side. And actually you do tend to downplay your chances of promotion :)

Guest drseanfitz

That's the advert right there- I mean we are home to the FOTY (forumer of the year)!

are we' date=' wow that forumer of the year must be a super chap:D[/color']

Posting takes a couple minutes tops-and it sure livens things up :D

not always a couple if mins

wading through baby clothes/nappies to get to computer - 25 mins

cleaning excess baby poo of fingers before contaminating keyboard - 5 mins

time available to post this comment before one of the hellspawn start demanding something- 30 seconds

are we' date=' wow that forumer of the year must be a super chap:D[/color']

COLOR="Red"]not always a couple if mins

wading through baby clothes/nappies to get to computer - 25 mins

cleaning excess baby poo of fingers before contaminating keyboard - 5 mins

time available to post this comment before one of the hellspawn start demanding something- 30 seconds

Actually more like Beelzebub than Super Chap :D..making the hellspawn comment partly true.

Aye-it's not that bad mate -btw what are their names if you don't mind? Can't remember you posting it

One word-Disinfectant bud

Well you are a transfer wizz so the longer you stay with a side-the stronger the side. And actually you do tend to downplay your chances of promotion :)

Well I have to rely on my transfers as my tactics are still not a strong point at times :) ( Hit and miss )

If I believe I can do something then everyone will know that I belive it , Im realistic that we are a small club , we are still working on building the side , balancing act as we have gone far in the cups so theres a lot to weigh up :)

I do think I will be within a shout of the playoffs but I think I will fall short of the promised land this time round :)

PS - I actually wanted a lad you signed Gary medel after I sold Raul garcia JUST to fund his capture so I was annoyed to see you bidded but I let you have him :) He should rise to 89 :)

Well I have to rely on my transfers as my tactics are still not a strong point at times :) ( Hit and miss )

If I believe I can do something then everyone will know that I belive it ' date=' Im realistic that we are a small club , we are still working on building the side , balancing act as we have gone far in the cups so theres a lot to weigh up :)

I do think I will be within a shout of the playoffs but I think I will fall short of the promised land this time round :)

PS - I actually wanted a lad you signed Gary medel after I sold Raul garcia JUST to fund his capture so I was annoyed to see you bidded but I let you have him :) He should rise to 89 :)[/quote']

Actually from what I have seen and experienced your tactics have grown leaps and bounds -from the first time I played against you in other gameworlds- so can't say there is any real weakness there.

Yeah you are-small club or not-transfers generate the most revenue-revenue gives you options on players and tactics.

Pity if you had bidded I would have let him go. Most of the top players are either listed or taken and he was bought in to just hold the center a bit. Then I found a player who could play dm/cb...:(

Guest drseanfitz

-btw what are their names if you don't mind? Can't remember you posting it

Emma and Jessica

emmaandjessica.jpg

jessicaandemma3.jpg

We are supposed to have two matches in quick succession a friendly against first division relegation candidates QPR (who needed a quick morale boost so found a team they could whoop easily and thus offered my Chairman a chance to sample some free French wine, to which he gladly accepted and was last seen dragging a laptop case which smelt suspiciously of Limburger cheese).

So will stick to the Division 1 match that will largely determine what happens this season.

Match Preview: Colchester Utd. Vs Southampton

Brutal and Bloody match up next against the6th place Saints forward line that boasts the like of Kuyt, Pazzini and Bender –in short a wrecking ball among the division ably led by Adkins (unmanaged) that have seen them form the leading pack in the division.

Another side to which we have been on the receiving end of Industrial Strength whoop-*ss , that have seen us conceding 14 and scoring only 5. A game in all honesty we expect to lose, and it will be a mark of our progress once we keep the goals conceded column to fewer than 5. Folklore has it at the end of that 6-1 drubbing we were down to 6 men by the 70th minute (3 injuries , 1 needed a change of shorts and our keeper was never seen again-rumor has it he had changed his name,gone on a slim fast diet,dyed his hair and played in Spain until drafted by a Premier league team :eek:.)

102sdjt.jpg

While I am tempted to use the AD staple 352, leaving our backsides open for the likes of Kuyt to exploit does not seem appealing to me. However, sitting back and waiting will bear little fruit so will be a bit more adventurous than the Dons fiasco. Probably the second best tie of the round –Newcastle vs Barnsley being the best.

Final score prediction: 3-2 to the Saints.

The offer for Soriano BRUNO of Villarreal from Swindon Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

A top signing , Used a CM who isnt brillant to get him and will bring that extra steel we definately need to the midfield :)

The offer for Soriano BRUNO of Villarreal from Swindon Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

A top signing ' date=' Used a CM who isnt brillant to get him and will bring that extra steel we definately need to the midfield :)[/quote']

Great signing there :)

Lost 2-1 to the Rangers in our friendly making our Chairman pretty happy -at least more cherubic in appearance than usual.

Unfortunately most our kit now smells distinctly of goat..since we hitched a ride on a farm truck.

We have also a bit of news on the transfer front-however the player (H. Bedimo)has yet to agree personal terms so it's a bit touch and go at the moment with arguments also still occurring over a finder's fee for Mr. Elohim.

The offer for Sven ULREICH of VfB Stuttgart from Swindon Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

This was accepted before his rise to 88 :)

He will replace romero as sven is younger , better , plays in a better divison and Romero has such a high PE value :)

Great business there :)

The offer for Sven ULREICH of VfB Stuttgart from Swindon Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

This was accepted before his rise to 88 :)

He will replace romero as sven is younger ' date=' better , plays in a better divison and Romero has such a high PE value :)

Great business there :)[/quote']

Dom you are a legend in the transfer market:eek:

Dom you are a legend in the transfer market:eek:

Thank you my friend :) I have to use the market to garner a better team as money is kinda tight with a poor income :P

Don't boost his ego ! It's big enough as it is !

Haha :D

My ego isnt big! I just think im better than anyone else :D

Thank you my friend :) I have to use the market to garner a better team as money is kinda tight with a poor income :P

Haha :D

My ego isnt big! I just think im better than anyone else :D

Always thought you and Elton share some similarities ;) BTW Have not seen him around for quite a spell-hope that has nothing to do with you!:eek:

Always thought you and Elton share some similarities ;) BTW Have not seen him around for quite a spell-hope that has nothing to do with you!:eek:

We are not similar in many things :D

We both make claims which I can back up and he cant :P

He is still around but he has found out who the better man is so dosent bug me anymore :D

Archived