EC Anno Domini - General Discussion, Banter etc.. VACANCIES IF YOU WANT IN

Guest drseanfitz

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: EC Anno Domini - General Discussion, Banter etc.. VACANCIES IF YOU WANT IN

Great scouting by me with Barzagli and Nocerino going to 90. :P;)

The Tsar manages to overturn a sumpremley strong Huddersfield Town (who are unmanaged but would be nice to be picked up by someone wanting) 3-1 away from home. Aliyev, Ignashevich and MOTM Zarate score with the mighty Kaka scoring a consolation.

I stay in second, 3 points off Norwich. :)

Great scouting by me with Barzagli and Nocerino going to 90. :P;)

The Tsar manages to overturn a sumpremley strong Huddersfield Town (who are unmanaged but would be nice to be picked up by someone wanting) 3-1 away from home. Aliyev' date=' Ignashevich and MOTM Zarate score with the mighty Kaka scoring a consolation.

I stay in second, 3 points off Norwich. :)[/quote']

BTW that does suit you..the Professor maybe a bit more Sean especially if his spelling continues :)

Guest drseanfitz

I am beginning to wonder if that constant misspelling is some sort of Freudian slip..

you need to read it correctly' date=' as Arseanal, not the way you're reading it......;)

you probably see the worst in spiderman baddie Doc Ock

you need to read it correctly' date=' as Arseanal, not the way you're reading it......;)

you probably see the worst in spiderman baddie Doc Ock

Arseanal from Arsenal..you got one more a in there that don't belong.

:P

Tbh never even thought of that one...but then all that Peter Parker cleaning up fluid while trying to keep Aunt may out of his room does begin to shine a bright light on a dim area.

Liverpool win 6-0 to keep the pressure on Stoke:D

Great win!

good scouting again Dom!

Ive just noticed this and thankyou :)

Ive just found out some really disheartening stats about that im losing so much money on away games , Have the 3RD worst attendance in the division due to my tiny stadium. I knew things were grim on the money front but its worse than I thought :) Serious questions needs to raised on how I can remain competitive like im doing but stay within my means :o

Im befuddled :o , Is any other small team facing a similar situation?

Ive just noticed this and thankyou :)

Ive just found out some really disheartening stats about that im losing so much money on away games ' date=' Have the 3RD worst attendance in the division due to my tiny stadium. I knew things were grim on the money front but its worse than I thought :) Serious questions needs to raised on how I can remain competitive like im doing but stay within my means :o

Im befuddled :o , Is any other small team facing a similar situation?[/quote']

Well it's true :)

I suppose lots of sides would suffer the same fate-I lose about 200k per home game and about 600 k on away games.

I hope that as you progress up the divisions that the situation improves-but will definitely need to sell players when tb comes off in May to get the wages down :)

Well it's true :)

I suppose lots of sides would suffer the same fate-I lose about 200k per home game and about 600 k on away games.

I hope that as you progress up the divisions that the situation improves-but will definitely need to sell players when tb comes off in May to get the wages down :)

Thats true , A lot will be in the same situation but im in a division against better rated teams so and with the hope of reaching the top flight then I cannot afford to sell my star players and weaken the team. Maybe splashing the cash on the lights of walker , gervinho , pablo , bruno plus other wasnt the best thing. I have 7 million but im short in 2 positions at least so I brought in 3 class loans that will cost me an Extra 2 million in wages and im doing that to try and this team as far as I can in the cup and to try and get into the premier league where it should be better.

You might think im being a wee sad :P But Im very methordical on how I manage the game and I try to play it properly and Im always thinking long term :P

Oh I liked your signing of Kone , He will get a nice rise soon enough.

Thats true ' date=' A lot will be in the same situation but im in a division against better rated teams so and with the hope of reaching the top flight then I cannot afford to sell my star players and weaken the team. Maybe splashing the cash on the lights of walker , gervinho , pablo , bruno plus other wasnt the best thing. I have 7 million but im short in 2 positions at least so I brought in 3 class loans that will cost me an Extra 2 million in wages and im doing that to try and this team as far as I can in the cup and to try and get into the premier league where it should be better.

You might think im being a wee sad :P But Im very methordical on how I manage the game and I try to play it properly and Im always thinking long term :P

Oh I liked your signing of Kone , He will get a nice rise soon enough.[/quote']

Actually it's the best way forward for your side-but you depend on results -keep winning and selling players (around a select core) and you would be fine-won't have a lot for reinvestments in money making transfer deals-but you should be thereabouts in the battle for honours :)

No-quite the contrary-I have played against you in a couple game worlds and you have always adopted that successful strategy :)

Oh so you did not buy the rant about buying the wrong Kone eh?:D

Actually it's the best way forward for your side-but you depend on results -keep winning and selling players (around a select core) and you would be fine-won't have a lot for reinvestments in money making transfer deals-but you should be thereabouts in the battle for honours :)

No-quite the contrary-I have played against you in a couple game worlds and you have always adopted that successful strategy :)

Oh so you did not buy the rant about buying the wrong Kone eh?:D

Thanks mate :) I will just continue to try and deal with my means just by going through the market VERY carefully to see what is there on the cheap :P Theres never going to be a lot of money unless I sell my best players which isnt going to happen. Thanks mate its always nice to get some reassurance by a very respected manager that im doing the right things as even the best have self doubts :P

Thankyou again , Its the best strategy to be honest as your living within your budget and I enjoy growing and repairing teams :)

Haha :D Most definately not :D You are doing a great job in building your team buddy :)

Thanks mate :) I will just continue to try and deal with my means just by going through the market VERY carefully to see what is there on the cheap :P Theres never going to be a lot of money unless I sell my best players which isnt going to happen. Thanks mate its always nice to get some reassurance by a very respected manager that im doing the right things as even the best have self doubts :P

Thankyou again ' date=' Its the best strategy to be honest as your living within your budget and I enjoy growing and repairing teams :)

Haha :D Most definately not :D You are doing a great job in building your team buddy :)[/quote']

Well -you are a better all round manager than I-simply because you create a sustainable model fueled by transfer activity.

I tend to not care too much about the finances aspect-running it bankrupt after buying players to fill the squad. I thus sell when tb's come off and PE a bit to get better players -and repeat and rinse. Thus in your approach you have what I don't have-flexibility to buy risers as they come along while I rely on a set team.

Ty :) and congrats on 250 posts on here :)

* meanwhile in London..

k4ijut.png

20101208-Emirates-Stadium.jpg

Emirates Stadium

First win of the season for The Foxes!!!

"Deserved. Well deserved. My team played really well and I can say that I'm very proud for all of them. They came from two goals behind and put a real effort in this game to be a winner. Absolute brilliant!!!." - that is the answer from the new Foxes's manager, Van Klinkert Delarosa when the journalist from Leicester Fosse Times asked him - what he thought about their first win of the season; 5-3 win against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium.

Van Klinkert Delarosa is the first Leicester City F.C's manager this season that managed to win a game for The Foxes this season. The longest run without a win since the club been founded in 1884.

The man of the moment right now added - "Other than The Foxes's Trio, Daniel Parejo really stand up tonight,with captain armband in his hand, he fully deserved the 2 goal tonight."

400px-DelPieroPenaltyChelsea.jpg

19'spacer.gif GOAL!! - Great penalty by Daniel PAREJO.

article-2041809-0DE19FA500000578-452_468x286.jpg

20'spacer.gif GOAL!! - Daniel PAREJO rises above the defender and glances a header inside the far post!

When the journalist asked, what is his plan for the future, VKD just smile and added - "Future you asked? Right now,I just want to go to local pub and enjoy this victory with the player and the supporter. haha!"

Next game against The Black Cat - Sunderland.

Nostraladen--50713.jpg

Match Previews: Division 3:

Derby County - Newcastle United:

The upsets of the last round- the Rams were able to eke out a win over the K.Fitz led Norwich which blows open the title race with a handful and a couple toes matches left while the CRL Toons somehow contrived to self destruct against an unmanaged PNE. There was some talk of hazing and dark rituals going on at the Toon camp after the match. Bookies are expecting the toons to put their collective acts together and pull out a 2-0 win over the talent laden but directionless lilywhites.

Carlisle United - Norwich City

13th versus 1st, winner vs loser of previous round-expect there will be blood and I have a feeling it will be blue. Kfitz would be a bit perturbed at losing the momentum of making the early running and would have kicked up a storm and bit more. Carlisle will be game-fair game and flitting with relegation before and after this match. 3-1 to the Canaries.

West Ham United - Southampton

Both teams reeling from losses from the previous round-and with West Ham holding on to the last playoff spot and the Saints 1 point and two positions below-added to the mix players of the caliber of Kuyt, Valdes and Pazzini –possibly the match of the round. Grab the kids and hop along and witness a 2-1 win for the Hammers based solely on the solidity that Valdes gives them between the uprights.

Bristol City - COLCHESTER UNITED

The Robins although cellar placed have found a way to shoot 5 pass a strong Don side and now face a rugged but tactically inflexible U side-which depends on creating space by having a lone forward gallop about. However it does leads to some defensive solidity-so expect a war of attrition-this one has a low scoring draw written all over it-which would not suit any side. Match to watch if you want your kids to see what the English leagues looked liked before foreign players and the EPL era.

Plymouth Argyle - Milton Keynes Dons

14th versus 7th-relegation hopefuls versus playoff candidates- Can the SMART Doc pull his team out of a mini slump? We are betting on it! This is due entirely to the tactical nous of the Dons manager – with the expectation of a narrow 1-2 win to further congest the top half of the table.

Barnsley - Leyton Orient

The aptly named Reds versus the Orients-both coming off strong 3-1 wins, with the steely tykes depending on Bommel , Valencia blunting the Orients Gustavo and Silva. A match to savor-with possibly lots of heart in mouth and irritating people standing in front with children perched on shoulders moments. Easy to go for a draw-but instead will expect the Tsar to rally the reds past the O’s to keep pace in the title race by 1 clear goal.

Charlton Athletic - Huddersfield Town

Battle where a 5th place team versus a 15th place team..and I am going with the 15th place terriers-simple because of their triumvirate of Kaka/ Arteta and Barry-strong unmanaged side –with the potential to be the iceberg among the battle of the titanics for promotion. Racky has his work cut out-and only an act of inconceivable coincidences will lead them to three points. 1-0 to Huddersfield-with lots of red and yellow cards littering the match.

Preston North End - Hull City

Two evenly matched sides-with 3rd place Hull falling of the pace for leadership of the division faces 12 place PNE who is doing some moving of their own. Ronaldinho vs. Raul would usually turn feet their way-a couple years ago-now they will be busy squaring off as Master Bateson leads a Hull side back into the automatic qualifying berths. Will spring for a 2-0 tigers mauling as teams jostle for position.

Didn't notice that we (Man City) are 13 points behind Stoke City, the gap wasn't this big the last time I checked:o. Nonetheless, Messi gave us something to cheer about with a late hat-trick as we defeated Chelsea 4-2 at the Bridge.

While on a a scouting trip to Bristol today -we got lost and somehow ended up at a division 1 team's stadium-that's the last time we allow Virgin to book our trips. We were aghast to see a rather well known manager toddling about in the company of two young ladies. If that wasn't bad enough the acts he indulged in full view of the public was just plain wrong :eek:.

In the interest of public safety we now present a couple of safety posters for those who should know better!

99j5lx.jpg

2j348xi.jpg

35l6zaf.jpg

In totally unrelated news it seems the campaign to get things in AD back to law and order after all the rumors of strange dealings, player transfers, teams throwing matches-but then that could be giving the manager too much credit- and with the Doc having his hands full the search is on for an enforcer for the league managers association.

11imsuu.png

5-0 over unmanaged Birmingham ... quite nice to know that the lads can score goals still

:P

Ecuele-Manga sidelined for 10 days.

Congrats- great work hope the results continue coming your way :)

Enjoyed a 2-2 draw against Bristol with Cole and Bedimo saving our Bacon in the 81 and 87 minute :) -still 6 points off the last playoff berth and some really weird results in the other matches. Our midfield general Rossi is out for three days after playing the entire match on one peg :eek:

2-0 loss away at Leicester.

Very even game which we edge on possession but sadly to no avail. The rot has well and truly set in' date=' and clearly doesn't look like moving. :o

Daan to 8th.[/quote']

That was a weird match never saw anyone play and win with the formation your opponent used-but I think you are still in it for the SMFA cup/shield and a couple good results should improve things on your side

That was a weird match never saw anyone play and win with the formation your opponent used-but I think you are still in it for the SMFA cup/shield and a couple good results should improve things on your side

Yeah taking down a Cup would certainly make up for this little slump. ;)

Archived