English Championship risers

Hicks86

Re: English Championship risers

John Brayford of Derby County and Scott Barron of Millwall (quite a few decent risers there in fact) are both rated 75 and yet they have played 2520 and 2494 minutes respectively, they also should be in line for a similar jump to the aforementioned Crofts.

Will Jay Bothroyd get a rise 15 goals' date=' linked with Prem clubs and an England call up. +2 maybe?[/quote']

He'll definatly rise, but only to 85, it the Championship cap and 10 minutes in an England shirt shouldn't change that.

Robert Snodgrass will surely 80 - 83/84?

Been banging the goals in and now a Scotland call up.

Arguably been Leeds best player.

No' date=' he's not arguably been Leeds best player he should rise to know more than 82, terrfic last season but if he's going to rise to 83/84 than all of Leeds players are and just because Leeds are Leeds shouldn't mean they get massive rises.

Luciano Becchio should rise to 83/84

I'd say more like to 83/82.

Right' date=' one that has slipped under the radar and hasn't been mentioned is Josh Mcquoid from Millwall for 10k. He started the season at AFC Bournemouth where he scored 12 goals in 16 games! Now, he's at Millwall where he's made 4 appearances so he should get a decent rise given his from for AFC Bournemouth. Anyway i recon +5/+6/(unlikely but possible)+7

I'll take reps for that one!;)[/quote']

I hope you're right mate, he's in my squad ;)

Also hoping for big rises for Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN and Marvin SORDELL . . .

67 rated Mathieu Manset of Reading might rise to the minimum of 75. Admittedly he's only made 3 substitue appearances for a total of 72 minutes in the Championship but did score in one of them against Cardiff City.

Before that had played 1648 minutes in League Two for Hereford United and scored 13 goals for them so that might push SM to rise him. Certainly not a guaranteed riser by any means, but if you can afford a quick punt it might be worth a gamble. If he doesn't rise, then at least he doesn't take much wages and will be easy to release!

Seeing as how this league should be getting updated soon I thought I'd get the ball rolling and start listing some risers. I'm not making any predictions as to the exact amount these players will rise (I'm not confident enough in my ability to do so accurately) but the players listed should all rise by at least 3/4.

Wilifred Zaha (Crystal Palace)

Alfred Adomah (Bristol City)

Marvin Sordell (Watford)

Adam Barton (Preston)

Tomasz Cywka (Derby)

Jonathon Howson (Leeds)

Danny Mayor (Preston)

Luciano Becchio (Leeds)

Steve Morison (Millwall)

Max Gradel (Leeds)

Chris Martin (Norwich)

Feel free to add to the list. I'll probably add a few more in the coming days.

Dont be expecting Danny Mayor to rise by much. He's not played much this season, and he suffers from a lack of confidence, made worse by being bottom of the league. The only risers from Preston imo will be:

Conor McLaughlin 75-76

Keith Treacy 81-82

Adam Barton 72-78/79

Iain Hume 82-83

Thats a small list, compared with the droppers (Lonergan, St Ledger, W Brown, Nicholson, Parry, Hayes, C Brown)

At Swansea here'd be my predictions:

Dorus De Vries, 84 - 84/85

Yves Makabu Makalamby, 78 - 78

David Cornell, 70 - 70

Ashley Williams, 85 - 85

Angel Rangel, 84 - 84

Alan Tate, 83 - 83/82

Gary Monk, 82 - 83/82 (CB/RB to CB)

Albert Serran, 80 - 80

Jazz Richards, 78 - 79

Daniel Alfei, 75 - 76

Neil Taylor, 68 - 78/77

Scott Sinclair, 84 - 85

Cedric Van Der Gun, 84 - 82/83

David Cotterill, 84 - 82/83 Wing/Fwd to CM/Wing

Nathan Dyer, 83 - 84

Darren Pratley, 83 - 84 CM to CM/AM

Mark Gower, 83 - 83 AM/Wing to CM/DM

Leon Britton, 83 - 83 (AM/RM to CM/DM)

Joe Allen, 82 - 83

Kemy Agustien, 82 - 82 Wing/AM to DM/CM

Andrea Orlandi, 82 - 82 CM/AM to CM

Ferrie Bodde, 82 - 82

Thomas Butler, 81 - 79/78 Wing/AM to RM

Ryan Harley, 75 - 77/76

Shaun MacDonald, 76 - 76

Scott Donnelly, 73 - 73 RM/AM to CM/RM

Luke Moore, 84 - 84

Craig Beattie, 82 - 82 Fwd to CF

Stephen Dobbie, 81 - 82/83 Fwd to Fwd/AM

Kerry Morgan, 72 - 72 Wing/Fwd to Wing

Casey Thomas, 70 - 70

At Swansea here'd be my predictions:

Ryan Harley' date=' 75 - 77/76

[/size']

If he didn't get 80 I'd be disappointed. Hasn't been rated for 14 months and his performances since then deserve more than a rise of 1 or 2.

Brett Pitman was increased from 75 to 80 as soon as he moved to Bristol City, after playing 1 game in League 1 - would be harsh on Harley if he didn't get that after showing he's one of the best players in League 1.

If he didn't get 80 I'd be disappointed. Hasn't been rated for 14 months and his performances since then deserve more than a rise of 1 or 2.

Brett Pitman was increased from 75 to 80 as soon as he moved to Bristol City' date=' after playing 1 game in League 1 - would be harsh on Harley if he didn't get that after showing he's one of the best players in League 1.[/quote']

That's a bit much for Harley I feel he goes missing for such long periods of games. Yeah he produces moments which win matches. I just feel and say this in comparison to players in far stronger leagues which get similar rises. I do take your point on the 14months (not sure about the dates regarding Pitman but his goal average was great) personally 78/79, i.e. a middle ground between both of your predictions would be accurate for me although I'm not confident SM come down to (the real) St. James' Park very often so wouldn't be surprised if he's under-rated by them.

Btw absolute steal for Swansea, really don't get what went on with the Brighton 'bid'. The club says it never existed but a lot of people are saying contrary. To lose our best player for £0 is very disappointing. Even returning on loan is little compensation as Harley isn't the type of player who I feel will get his head down with such a move looming, very much the type of player who I expect to coast now. In many respects leaving now might have been the best thing for all parties concerned.

All in all I don't think it's been handled great by City, especially when you look at the deals we received for Moxey and Friend (which were good business) (sure I'm missing someone else there too...)

Re: English Championship Review

Sooner or later' date=' SM will review the English Championship. Which players would you like to see improve in rating and who agrees about certain players being cut off some marks from their rank?[/quote']

Karl, this thread is dedicated to English Championship risers. Please seek your answer here.

Threads merged.

That's a bit much for Harley I feel he goes missing for such long periods of games. Yeah he produces moments which win matches. I just feel and say this in comparison to players in far stronger leagues which get similar rises. I do take your point on the 14months (not sure about the dates regarding Pitman but his goal average was great) personally 78/79' date=' i.e. a middle ground between both of your predictions would be accurate for me although I'm not confident SM come down to (the real) St. James' Park very often so wouldn't be surprised if he's under-rated by them.[/quote']

I would agree about him going missing in games, but like you say, SM aren't likely to watch him regularly and so they will probably just look at the stats which are good for a midfielder, especially this season. Moving to one of the best sides in the Championship is obviously going to help with a bigger increase as well.

Btw absolute steal for Swansea' date=' really don't get what went on with the Brighton 'bid'. The club says it never existed but a lot of people are saying contrary. To lose our best player for £0 is very disappointing. Even returning on loan is little compensation as Harley isn't the type of player who I feel will get his head down with such a move looming, very much the type of player who I expect to coast now. In many respects leaving now might have been the best thing for all parties concerned.

All in all I don't think it's been handled great by City, especially when you look at the deals we received for Moxey and Friend (which were good business) (sure I'm missing someone else there too...)[/quote']

I'm sure they said Brighton did make 2 offers, just that they weren't worth considering. A Swansea newspaper said it was 400k I think, and people seemed to believe that although it would have been nowhere near that amount.

But I'd agree that him leaving permanently would probably have been better. Noble was just starting to play well without him, but now they're playing together again which doesn't seem to work. Can't see him wanting to put as much effort in now either although he was lazy enough before!

And Seaborne is the missing one ;)

I would agree about him going missing in games' date=' but like you say, SM aren't likely to watch him regularly and so they will probably just look at the stats which are good for a midfielder, especially this season. Moving to one of the best sides in the Championship is obviously going to help with a bigger increase as well.

I'm sure they said Brighton did make 2 offers, just that they weren't worth considering. A Swansea newspaper said it was 400k I think, and people seemed to believe that although it would have been nowhere near that amount.

But I'd agree that him leaving permanently would probably have been better. Noble was just starting to play well without him, but now they're playing together again which doesn't seem to work. Can't see him wanting to put as much effort in now either although he was lazy enough before!

And Seaborne is the missing one ;)[/quote']

Yeah all spot-on.

Well my contribution to the rumour-mill: I 'heard' £200k was offered by Brighton, don't know how to treat that information and the reliability of the sources. I suppose it's neither here nor there now though. I'm assuming Harley was out of contract in the summer, that in itself should have been prevented imo.

I personally think he could struggle in the Championship and has a tough job competing for a spot with the current Swansea midfield but time will tell I suppose and should they sell a couple he might get a chance.

Lol cheers, that's right I missed Seabourne (never a huge fan so slightly forgettable but don't tell the Saints' fans that ;))

No' date=' he's not arguably been Leeds best player he should rise to know more than 82, terrfic last season but if he's going to rise to 83/84 than all of Leeds players are and just because Leeds are Leeds shouldn't mean they get massive rises.

.[/quote']

I have attended every Leeds game so far this season so would say I am more qualified than you to say who the best player has been? Just as you would be for Swansea players.

Played 30 minutes for Scotland tonight which may count for something.

We are in the upper-echelons of the NPC so most players (last rated in league one) are very much under-rated so will be getting 'massive' rises.

I have attended every Leeds game so far this season so would say I am more qualified than you to say who the best player has been? Just as you would be for Swansea players.

Played 30 minutes for Scotland tonight which may count for something.

We are in the upper-echelons of the NPC so most players (last rated in league one) are very much under-rated so will be getting 'massive' rises.

You may watch them every week, but being the best player for Leeds - and when i've seen them i have to say it'd be Howson and Becchio. Playing 30 minutes for Scotland does nothing to intitle him to rise to an 83, not many people rise +3 in the Championship at that sort of rating and it'd be more likely that he'd rise to 82 and then rise to 83/84 the next time they reviewed it.

Leicester ratings, lot of loans so I may be a bit off with them. I might be too late if you want to sell anyone but there aren't major risers, just a heads up because there are quite a few droppers, especially if the limit is 85.

The blue players are on loan.

Chris Weale, 83-83

Ricardo, 82-80

Conrad Logan, 77-78

Bruno Berner, 83-81

Patrick Van Aanholt, 80-81

Kyle Naughton, 85-85

Robbie Neilson, 84-82

Michael Lamey, 84-81

Joao Moreno, 85-83

Miguel Vitor, 85-84/85

Souleymane (Sol) Bamba, 84-84

Jack Hobbs, 83-82/83

Aleksandar Tunchev, 82-81/82

Ben Mee, 75-78

Lloyd Dyer, 82-83/84

Matt Oakley, 83-82

Andy King, 83-84/85

Richie Wellens, 83-83

Franck Moussa, 77-78

Yuki Abe, 87-85

Paul Gallagher, 83-83/84

Darius Vassell, 85-84

Martyn Waghorn, 82-82

Leon Crncic, 75-75

Ashley Chambers, 72-72

Yakubu, 89-88 (Not sure to be honest, bit of a guess)

Steve Howard, 82-81

Hope that proves helpful to someone :)

What are people's thoughts on whether Jay Rodriguez of Burnley will get a rise, and if so by how much? He's below average for his team with the amount of minutes he's played approx. 1950 mins, bagged 7 goals and has just made his England U21 début. Talent for the future maybe?