Re: iPhone app

Theres no app yet ' date=' dont think they will make an app in all honesty as they would actually lose money not make it.[/quote']

How do you gather that, its basically the website on the iphone, charge 49p for the app or 99p for the app and with the amount of people who would buy the app for there phone or blackberry, I'm surprised they have not taken the oppurtunity to do this they could make a bundle.

How do you gather that' date=' its basically the website on the iphone, charge 49p for the app or 99p for the app and with the amount of people who would buy the app for there phone or blackberry, I'm surprised they have not taken the oppurtunity to do this they could make a bundle.[/quote']

I Feel people will just get it free and not pay for the app , Most people i know who have iPhones & Blackberrys have JAILBREAK just like me:p

I Feel people will just get it free and not pay for the app ' date=' Most people i know who have iPhones & Blackberrys have JAILBREAK just like me:p[/quote']

Well its only the minority who Jailbreak

- Plus they wouldn't lose any money

- Most will buy the App and 49p from most members is a lot of money

- Its basically an app that is the Soccermanager.com website built to browse with on an Iphone, It would be a lot harder for a blackberry, with its lack of touchscreen ability and small screen but manageable.

- It wouldn't be that hard to develop theres a lot of people who can develop apps like this, and the cost to do that will easily be profitable from its buys.

- SM makes a lot of money as it is, GM's, Setups, standard and custom, club slots, club reserves, imagine the amount done a day especially in a GC has been made SM is very profitable as it is, why not get with the times and make even more money.

I Feel people will just get it free and not pay for the app ' date=' Most people i know who have iPhones & Blackberrys have JAILBREAK just like me:p[/quote']

my boy has "JAILBREAK" :confused: ON HIS IPOD TOUCH!!! wat the devil is this and how can it allow u to download apps for free??? i'm a bit of a technophobe and dont understand all this new fangled stuff!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

There isn't an App' date=' but if they make one they'd have to make it free due to their pledge on the home page. And they wouldn't lose money, it's like £90 to get on the App Dev scheme, they easily get that from GM fees.[/quote']

I sometimes use the browser on my Galaxy touchscreen but personally I find it fiddly compared to a laptop.

It would be a fantastic idea to bring out a soccermanager app, I got my iPhone the other week and I love it but I have no real need for my computer now as I can get most things I do on my computer on the iPhone but it is a bit fiddly to use soccer manager on, dont get me wrong I still do go on sm on my iPhone (I'm on it right now) :) but an app would make things so much easier and would be good for the game as it would definitely make the site a lot more appealing go new players. We should start a online petition, either on here or twitter and try make the owners of the site take notice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...