Ok I just took over a good decent Man Utd a week ago after the previous manager accepted a new job and moved to Barcelona. He left a mess for me now. Many of the players are "unhappy" at level 2, 3 or 4. The moment I saw that, I instantly put every one of them into the starting XI for the next match and the future matches. I am losing some matches but that is alright.

One of the player is Darren FLETCHER, he is "unhappy" at level 4 and I do not want to see him leave soon, which I think he probably will, due to really low appearance.

So my question is, why would the new manager has to be punish for losing player who is "unhappy" if it was the previous manager's fault?

It would be nice if the new manager can sent the "unhappy" player on a vacation or something in the price of 500k and absent for 7 days. When he returns he will be "unhappy" at level 3.

The rules to use such function:

Manager newly took over the club

Player who is "unhappy" at level 4

Sounds good? I simply don't think that innocence people should be punish if it was someone else's fault.

Re: "Unhappy" level 4

Ok I just took over a good decent Man Utd a week ago after the previous manager accepted a new job and moved to Barcelona. He left a mess for me now. Many of the players are "unhappy" at level 2' date=' 3 or 4. The moment I saw that, I instantly put every one of them into the starting XI for the next match and the future matches. I am losing some matches but that is alright.

One of the player is Darren FLETCHER, he is "unhappy" at level 4 and I do not want to see him leave soon, which I think he probably will, due to really low appearance.

So my question is, why would the new manager has to be punish for losing player who is "unhappy" if it was the previous manager's fault?

It would be nice if the new manager can sent the "unhappy" player on a vacation or something in the price of 500k and absent for 7 days. When he returns he will be "unhappy" at level 3.

The rules to use such function:

Manager newly took over the club

Player who is "unhappy" at level 4

Sounds good? I simply don't think that innocence people should be punish if it was someone else's fault.[/quote']

I have a problem with this. It is not right that someone can take over a team, send all players on break and when they come back the players are 1 less level in concern. The reason for their concern is not enough games, so the only way to get out of lvl 4 concerns is to play the player more. They created the concern for a reason, to prevent player hogging, so just play the guys more and the concerns will go down.

One of the player is Darren FLETCHER' date=' he is "unhappy" at level 4 and I do not want to see him leave soon, which I think he probably will, due to really low appearance.

[/quote']

If you keep using him from now on his concern will go down . It doesn't matter how many apps he got till now , it can be 'fixed' if you use him.

Whilst I think the concerns are does need some improvement I do think the only way to remove a concern for not playing should be through playing them in the majority of the games.

If, in the example, Fletcher is unhappy that he isn't getting games, I don't see how a holiday would help him, surely that would increase his concern because not only are you not playing him, but you've now sent him away from the club completely?

I realisde it is frustrating to take over a new club with issues, but the same happens in real life. If a new manager comes into a club and he has players who are unhappy they aren't playing, they will remain unhappy if the new manager doesn't play them either.

I think that instead of resetting the level of concern, when a new manager takes over the time that the last level was received should be reset eg.

Pato - Level 3 concern 18/4/10

new manager starts on the 7/6/10, but Pato hasn't played since reaching level 3, so there is a good chance that even if the new manager plays him in every match (for the rest of the season), Pato may increase to level 4 but if the date was reset to the 7/6/10 then the new manager gets the chance to decrease the players concerns, without having to worry about him hitting the next level (through no fault of his own) or playing him when he's not at full fitness etc

I think that instead of resetting the level of concern' date=' when a new manager takes over the time that the last level was received should be reset eg.

Pato - Level 3 concern 18/4/10

new manager starts on the 7/6/10, but Pato hasn't played since reaching level 3, so there is a good chance that even if the new manager plays him in every match (for the rest of the season), Pato may increase to level 4 but if the date was reset to the 7/6/10 then the new manager gets the chance to decrease the players concerns, without having to worry about him hitting the next level (through no fault of his own) or playing him when he's not at full fitness etc[/quote']

people would still quit clubs and re manage them to get an extra month or so of concerns.

use the search tool to find all the posts about this

you can't give incentives for people to quit then re manage a club to save concerns.

not until the anti cheat system is flawless anyway.

i sympathise with all involved, but it would just encourage cheating.

HOWEEVER, the only time this should be allowed is this:

players on level 3 concern. it should be reset as aitken said, an awesome idea to buy some extra time/ allow them to rectify the situation if they accepted it as a result of a random job offer.

this way it is random, and very unlikely that a cheat gets the club.

its offered to a random person, so they take it over and it is maybe 1 in 20 chance that it is the same person trying to take over the club.

its legit. make sense?

maybe now we can start to look at aiding the management of concerns for a new manager , thooughts please ?

people would still quit clubs and re manage them to get an extra month or so of concerns.

use the search tool to find all the posts about this

you can't give incentives for people to quit then re manage a club to save concerns.

not until the anti cheat system is flawless anyway.

i sympathise with all involved' date=' but it would just encourage cheating.

HOWEEVER, the only time this should be allowed is this:

players on level 3 concern. it should be reset as aitken said, an awesome idea to buy some extra time/ allow them to rectify the situation if they accepted it as a result of a random job offer.

this way it is random, and very unlikely that a cheat gets the club.

its offered to a random person, so they take it over and it is maybe 1 in 20 chance that it is the same person trying to take over the club.

its legit. make sense?

maybe now we can start to look at aiding the management of concerns for a new manager , thooughts please ?[/quote']

It was for new managers only (and available at all levels of concerns, not just level 3), if a manager quit and re-took over the team, then nothing would happen, but if a manager came in either through job offers or just finding them the normal way then the timer would be reset, I think it would be very difficult for a manager to quit a really good team and then manage to actually get them back (Job Offers; Randomly picked manager not likely to go to a cheating players second account etc. External; even if he made a new account what are the chances of him being able to exactly pin point the moment when another manager rejects the job offer), thus it sort of negates the opinion that one could use this feature for cheating, yeah it's not flawless but then again the current system isn't flawless, I personally can think of one way that is 1000 times easier to circumvent the concerns system, make another account, join another team in the same gameworld and loan your fringe players to that team, simple no risk of losing your original team by quitting and hoping nobody else wants that team, or joining the same gameworld with a new account and hoping he will get the job offer.

Or maybe just decrease the level concerns by 1 (4 -> 3' date=' 3 -> 2, 2 -> 1, 1 ->0).

With a new manager players can think they will have more play time.[/quote']

would encourage cheating as SM said before.

i think this is the end of the matter:

if you see a club with no money, a new manager dosn't get new funds because the other manager was rubbish.

you don't like it find somebody else.

a team of concerns, dont like it find some other team.

you will most ikely loose fringe players only, if not just find another team.

if you reduce concerns people would quit and try to re manage etc.

plenty of teams out there.

go find one.

Does anyone know if only League fixtures count in reassuring a player's concerns, or do all competitions count? I have had Jorge Rolando since Feb 2009, and he has played more and more each season, and this season he has played 10 out of 16 games (i.e. every time he has been fully fit). I have even left him on the bench when he has not been fit enough to start. His unhappiness went down to Level 1 on 23rd November 2010 but has not shifted since...(He is also selected for his NT and my Espanol is top of L1 atm, so he should be happy...). is he just a moody git or will he get better? If so, how much longer can I expect to wait?

Also, he has got 7s and one 8 in his last 6 matches. Can I expect any improvement when/if his unhappiness disappears?

Does anyone know if only League fixtures count in reassuring a player's concerns' date=' or do all competitions count? I have had Jorge Rolando since Feb 2009, and he has played more and more each season, and this season he has played 10 out of 16 games (i.e. every time he has been fully fit). I have even left him on the bench when he has not been fit enough to start. His unhappiness went down to Level 1 on 23rd November 2010 but has not shifted since...(He is also selected for his NT and my Espanol is top of L1 atm, so he should be happy...). is he just a moody git or will he get better? If so, how much longer can I expect to wait?

Also, he has got 7s and one 8 in his last 6 matches. Can I expect any improvement when/if his unhappiness disappears?[/quote']

firstly, morale has little effect on performance.

secondly, a player with concerns can still have a morale of 90+ as with my dzeko.

also it takes time, cup games, smfa games ( if you cant select your team tough luck) they all count.

everything counts except internationals and friendlies !

keep playing him.

when a player gets to level 3 you should be concerned.

1 is a minor grievance and should go soon.

although concerns are updates quite sporadically at times so who knows when that maybe.

hope this helps.

keep playing him.

although concerns are updates quite sporadically at times so who knows when that maybe.

hope this helps.

Thanks! I really don't know what he's moaning about, anyway! I'd be delighted on £45K a week! :)

• 2 weeks later...

If you inherit a team where concern levels are higher than 2 you only have two options:

1. Play those players all the time - I have a player who has been on level 4 for a whole season (35 games) and hasn't decreased yet! Although he hasn't put in a transfer request yet because I keep playing him.

2. Transfer list him and try to get bids by posting in the game world's newspaper before he is automatically transfer listed by your chairman.

In my experience concerns shouldn't be ignored. Deal with them when they start at level 1 by rotating those players in your first team squad and they will usually go away. You'd be surprised how well these lower rated players play compared to the higher rated 'stars' when you give them a chance.

your chairman.

In my experience concerns shouldn't be ignored. Deal with them when they start at level 1 by rotating those players in your first team squad and they will usually go away. You'd be surprised how well these lower rated players play compared to the higher rated 'stars' when you give them a chance.

hmm. ideally i agree.

in my team if a player is on concern 1 i try and address the issue, bringing them on if winning by 2/3 goals at 75 mins or stuff like that.

i can see if it makes a difference, if it hasn't and they go to level 2 i know i can just pull out the stops and play them non stop until they go down.

if you leave it to level 3 and more, it gets harder and harder to deal with. dealing with it earleir is better, i have never had a level 2 from lack of games.

i just think for some people this idealistic option may not work

• 2 weeks later...

Just get the following message:

"Darren FLETCHER has fallen out with the Manchester United manager and has handed in a transfer request."

Despite giving him all the games since the day I took over the club, that still not good enough to keep him. Is simply impossible to save someone who is at lv 4 unhappy. Well thank you mr. ex-manager of Man U who is now all happy with his new Barca. His mistake, I suffered the punishment. Justice my rear.

"Darren FLETCHER has fallen out with the Manchester United manager and has handed in a transfer request."

Despite giving him all the games since the day I took over the club' date=' that still not good enough to keep him. Is simply impossible to save someone who is at lv 4 unhappy. Well thank you mr. ex-manager of Man U who is now all happy with his new Barca. His mistake, I suffered the punishment. Justice my rear.[/quote']

Can't you just put him as transfer unavailable and no one can bid for him.

Despite giving him all the games since the day I took over the club' date=' that still not good enough to keep him. Is simply impossible to save someone who is at lv 4 unhappy. Well thank you mr. ex-manager of Man U who is now all happy with his new Barca. His mistake, I suffered the punishment. Justice my rear.[/quote']

Concerns are based upon percentages. So, players can and will go past the "point of no return".

When you took control of the club his level of concern was no secret so I don't understand why you are talking about justice?

It is entirely possible to save players on Level 4 concerns. I have saved dozens and dozens. There is loads that can be done to minimise the risk of players getting so unhappy they demand a transfer.

Sadly there is little that can be done if you post about once they hand in a transfer request.

Can't you just put him as transfer unavailable and no one can bid for him.

No, that won't work... once a player demands a transfer it is out of the manager's hands. The feature was designed in part to stop player hoarding - if you could just block bids on a player who has requested a transfer it would be far too easy to just ignore the feature.

firstly' date=' morale has little effect on performance.

secondly, a player with concerns can still have a morale of 90+ as with my dzeko.

also it takes time, cup games, [b']smfa games[/b] ( if you cant select your team tough luck) they all count.

everything counts except internationals and friendlies !

keep playing him.

hope this helps.

even with non-gold members smfa matches count? IDK but if yes that could make things worse.

No' date=' that won't work... once a player demands a transfer it is out of the manager's hands. The feature was designed in part to stop player hoarding - if you could just block bids on a player who has requested a transfer it would be far too easy to just ignore the feature.[/quote']

Oh lol, I thought this because I saw a few of your level 4 players on unavailable to transfer.