Risers destined for 90+ in 2011

A few years ago I was subscribed to a fantastic thread which kept a running count of those players who were likely to hit a 90 within the year, with the reasoning and suchlike. It was remarkably nearly 100% correct, and absolutely brilliant for my team-building. Obviously it's possible to find these with a bit of research, but I haven't had a forum project for a while now so though I might as well compile a list together.

To reiterate, this is simply designed to state the players likely to get to 90 or above within the calender year 2011. Not the next rating change, nor the May end of the season in European leagues.

Ideally it will circumvent some of the posts which ask for a GK/DM/AM/Fwd who will get there.

It's a running project so bear with me - I'll do it gradually and efficiently - so don't expect a miracle tonight.

-

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few years ago I was subscribed to a fantastic thread which kept a running count of those players who were likely to hit a 90 within the year, with the reasoning and suchlike. It was remarkably nearl

Re: Risers destined for 90+ in 2011 A* thread lad, just thought I'd make a few suggestions. Bearing in mind that the 'major' leagues are set to be reviewed at least 3 times before the end of 2011 (

Re: Risers destined for 90+ in 2011 GK David DE GEA - 89 ==> 90 Currently the first-choice choice at Atletico Madrid, the 20-yo keeper is widely tipped to move to Manchester United, although

Re: Risers destined for 90+ in 2011

GK

David DE GEA - 89 ==> 90

Currently the first-choice choice at Atletico Madrid, the 20-yo keeper is widely tipped to move to Manchester United, although Madrid's decent domestic form could win him the 90 regardless. He will be a firm starter for the Spanish team at the u21 World Cup in June, and should be playing Europa League football as a minimum next season. Should reach 90 within the year.

March - stayed at 89

Quite a predictable stay this time. Will still keep rising eventually. =)

June - stayed at 89

Roman WEIDENFELLER - 89 ==> 91/90

Aged 30, and unlikely to displace Neuer in the German national team, but Weidenfeller has started 18 games for Bundesliga pacesetters Borussia Dortmund, and has only conceded 12 goals. If Dortmund's blistering form continues he has every chance of reaching 91 by the end of the year, but a 90 is absolutely certain already.

March - stayed at 89

Will still get the 90 when Dortmund clinch the league title.

June - rose to 90

Fernando MUSLERA - 88 ==> 89/90

A young keeper, who has already benefited from Uruguay's strong showing at the 2010 World Cup. Nevertheless, he's a starter at Lazio, who are doing well in Serie A and should get a European place by season end. More likely to hit an 89 next time, but a 90 is possible within 12 months.

March - rose to 89

As predicted. Although as implied, I'm not 100% sure if he'll push on and get the 90.

June - stayed at 89

CB (including Def)

Leonardo BONUCCI - 89 ==> 91/92

A starting CB for Juventus alongside 94-rated Chiellini, Bonucci is also likely to cement his starting place in the Italy defence for several years to come. Juventus aren't doing astonishingly well in the league, but Bonucci is in good form and will probably get to 91 by the end of the year.

March - stayed at 89

A little annoying he didnt rise, but still a great buy, and likely to get 90 by December.

June - stayed at 89

Andrea RANOCCHIA - 88 ==> 90/91

Playing virtually every game for Inter at CB. That just buys rating increases.

March - rose to 89

The beneficiary of Inter's injury list! Ranocchia has still done brilliantly, and hit form just as Inter have climbed the table. Should have cemented himself a starting berth for some time now, and that puts his rating potential very high. Expect a 90 next time.

June - stayed at 89

Mamadou SAKHO - 89 ==> 90

Has started all 18 games for second-placed Ligue 1 side PSG, and also scored a handy 3 goals! At only 20 years old, the future's bright for this defender, and he has been linked with a move to Liverpool as well as considered for the senior national side. If his current form is maintained, Sakho should reach 90 regardless.

March - rose to 90

Worth keeping. Likely to get a big move and solid international spot in time.

June - stayed at 90

Laurent KOSCIELNY - 88 ==> 89/90

Not exactly a future world-beater, but Koscielny does have decent stats in a decent Arsenal side. Considering he seems to be preferred over 91-rated Squillaci, Koscielny should continue to rise, and may well go higher than 90 alongside Vermaelen rather than Djourou.

March - rose to 89

Probably lost the 90 after the horrible week Arsenal had - especially his role in the Birmingham goal in the League Cup Final. Still worth keeping for the time being, but not as a long term 92+ option. Not enough quality.

June - stayed at 89

RB

Ignazio ABATE - 88 ==> 90

Is starting most games for AC Milan in their resurgent Serie A campaign, and has even popped up with the odd goal. Should Milan win the league, and have a decent run in the Champions League, I'm fairly certain Abate has the capacity to jump straight to 90. Nevertheless, he's a definite 89 next time around, and should be at 90 by December.

March - rose to 89

Still looking good to fulfil my prediction of 90 by the end of the year. Might even reach it at the end of the season.

June - stayed at 89

Marco CASSETTI - 89 ==> 90/89

Considering he's 33 years old, a rise for Cassetti isn't the instinctive reaction. But he's played more games for third-placed Roma than any other player, and yet is conversely their lowest-ranked starter. SM may decide to keep him at 89, but I think he warrants a small increase. A safe short-term solution at RB regardless.

March - stayed at 89

I'm not convinced he'll get a 90 now.

June - stayed at 89

LB

Marcel SCHMELZER - 88 ==> 90/91

Another of the Borussia Dortmund cohort who will leap significantly thanks to their great form, he's started all 18 games alongside 90-rated Hummels and Subotic. Schmelzer is young, strong and a possible answer to the problematic LB position for Germany. It's also a difficult position to fill on SM, so this kid is definitely worth a punt.

March - rose to 89

Still looking good to fulfil my prediction of 90 by the end of the year. Should reach it by the next review.

March - rose to 90

Aleksandar KOLAROV - 88 ==> 89/90

Starting LB for high-flying Manchester City, Kolarov is likely to gain at least 89 by the next rating changes. Assuming he's starting next season, in what will be a Champions League team, he'll definitely get 90. A strong finish to the season and a decent run in the Europa League and he could get it before then though.

March - rose to 89

But actually unlikely to meet prediction of 90 by the end of the year.

CM

Kevin-Prince BOATENG- 88 ==> 90/91

A Tottenham reject and relegated with Portsmouth, the World Cup seemed to catalyse a remarkable move to AC Milan, where he challenges Pirlo, Ambrosini, Gattuso and Seedorf for a starting spot. With decent stats for this season of ten starts, five subs, and two goals for the league-topping Rossoneri, Boateng will almost certainly reach 90 by the end of 2011, especially if he starts assuming a more frequent starting spot as age starts limiting his senior colleagues.

March - stayed at 88

I am surprised he didn't rise +1, but I'm confident that he'll take a starting spot eventually. Keep him!

June - rose to 89

Jack Wilshere - 87 ==> 90/91

A remarkable season, reflected in consecutive starts for England and a key role in Arsenal's encounters with Barcelona. This kid is very much the future hope of the national team. I was extremely stupid not to put his name down originally, and now I think he has the chance of claiming a 91 before the end of 2011. A 90 is almost definite anyway.

March - rose to 89

Obviously!

DM

Yann M'VILA - 89 ==> 91/90

Possibly an optimistic assessment, but as a starter for the rejuvenated French national team and with Rennes being a relatively small club, any number of potential big names could take him in the summer. A 90 is definite for M'Vila, and he's definitely one to keep for the future. Future 93+

March - rose to 90

Strongly linked with Liverpool recently. Would be a good buy for them. Still Rennes best player and has 50/50 for a 91 by next year.

June - stayed at 90

AM

Toni KROOS - 89 ==> 90/91

Continuing to impress for Bayern Munich, and likely to cement a role in the national setup. Kroos is certainly a player with the potential to get well over 90 in his career, but it will be a gradual process. Expect a rise to 90 within one or two reviews; obviously the former if Munich put together another decent CL run.

March - stayed at 89

An understandable stay this time. Will get to 90 eventually.

Shinji KAGAWA - 88 ==> 90/91

The man of the moment. Kagawa has done exceptionally well since moving to Dortmund in the summer, starting 16 games and scoring 8 goals. Manchester United have been linked with a move for him, but he's likely reach 90 regardless. Keep an eye on Kagawa - he has potential.

March - stayed at 88

**** that injury!

Wing (including RM/LM)

Kevin GROSSKREUTZ - 88 ==> 89/90

One of the Borussia Dortmund contingent, Grosskreutz has started most games and hit several goals. He's not full of flair, but is in the national setup, and should rise further. If Dortmund win the Bundesliga and give a fair showing in next season's CL group stages, he should be a 90.

March - stayed at 88

Surprised he didn't get a +1, but very likely to get it next time. A 90 by December is still possible.

Jeremy MENEZ - 89 ==> 90

Roma are doing nicely in Serie A, and Menez has been an asset to them all season. He's started more games than any player except Cassetti, and although he's not scored many his form alone will be sufficient to put him onto the 90 threshold.

March - rose to 90

I was surprised this happened so soon. He put in a good shift for France against Brazil, but don't expect another +1 this year unless Roma finish this season and start next season strongly.

June- stayed at 90

Theo WALCOTT - 89 ==> 90/91

A decent goal-game ratio for Walcott; if he can retain his form and avoid another injury then a 90 is pretty certain. Continues to perform somewhat below his potential, but I think within a year he will at least be a first-choice starter. So I've been convinced - a 90 is on the cards.

March - rose to 90

All that talent now reflected - Walcott has joined the SM elite. Eventually he'll go higher.

Yao Kouassi GERVINHO - 89 ==> 90

Will benefit from Lille's decent form and his own conversion to a striker - already scored ten goals this season and likely to get more. Expect Gervinho to rise and get a move to a bigger club. Will probably have his Wing/Fwd status reversed.

March - stayed at 89

Such a surprise I even convinced myself he had risen - and didn't even check when originally writing this! So yes, he did stay, but will surely get 90 next time?

June - rose to 90

Eden HAZARD - 89 ==> 90

I'm quite hesitant to buy into the 'wunderkind' idea, and it undoubtedly inflates estimations of SM ratings, which are obviously a gradual process. But let's face it, Hazard has been one of Lille's top players for a season or two, and they're now sitting pretty at the top of Ligue 1. He is pretty certain to get the reward in 2011, and will obviously climb higher when a bigger name comes calling.

March - rose to 90

A great sigh was exhaled on the forum when this happened. Deserved, and won't be staying so low for long! GET HIM NOW!

June - rose to 91

Forwards

Aritz ADURIZ - 89 ==> 91/90

As an inferior replacement to David Villa, Aduriz has nevertheless been top-scorer for fourth-placed Valencia, who also have one of the easier CL knockout games against Schalke. His appearances, goals, and Valencia's form warrant a 90, and should give a chance at 91 by the end of this year.

March - stayed at 89

I was very surprised by this. Should still get a 90. Maybe not a 91 now though.

Asamoah GYAN - 89 ==> 90

It took Darren Bent a scandalously long time to rise up to 90, so this prediction must be taken with a pinch of salt. Nevertheless, without Bent gone and Welbeck injured, it seems the Ghana star will be fundamental in the remainder of Sunderland's league campaign. He had a good World Cup (bar one quite famous penalty miss), and is knocking in a few for Sunderland. If his form stays the same, he'd deserve a 90, although that's no guarantee he'll get one.

March - stayed at 89

Quite a predictable stay this time.

Bafetimbi GOMIS - 89 ==> 90/91

Can't argue with stats; he starts for Lyon and he has 8 goals from 15 starts. Likely to hit 90 in the next changes, and with a few runouts for France, I don't think a 91 is beyond him either.

March - stayed at 89

So he didn't go up, but Remy did. It's a funny old game sometimes.

Andrew CARROLL - 87 ==> 90

In the wake of a highly-publicised 35m move to Liverpool, the Geordie is going to rise significantly. With Newcastle he was already odds-on for an 88/89, and alongside the talents of Gerrard, Meireles and Suarez he should prosper. Don't expect an immediate 90, but within a year I'd say it's 85% likely.

March - rose to 88

I'm still confident on this one. I do wonder whether Bent's emergence as England CF might impact the speed of his rise though.

If Laurent KOSCIELNY has chance of 90+ then I would think jack wilshere is a shoe in for 90 by the next two prem ratings changes.

Im hoping +2 in the next review and then +1 in the last review if he continues to play good but that might be too much so it'll most likely be +1 in the next review & +1 in the last meaning 89 by end of season.

Nice thread.

How about Rannochia? If he gets regular starts at Inter then I would say a 90 is very likely this year (currently 88). Thoughts?

Good job' date='i think Walcott should be on there as well he is destined for a rise.:)[/quote']

I might just hold off on these two for a while, as I think they still have a bit to prove. I do agree that both are likely to get 90, but I think we'll have to see Rannochia cement a permanent place in the Inter side, and the same for Walcott at Arsenal. A decent scoring record, but only 8 starts from 23 league games is not too impressive.

I might just hold off on these two for a while' date=' as I think they still have a bit to prove. I do agree that both are likely to get 90, but I think we'll have to see Rannochia cement a permanent place in the Inter side, and the same for Walcott at Arsenal. A decent scoring record, but only 8 starts from 23 league games is not too impressive.[/quote']

I certainly agree with Ranocchia, he isn't getting much time yet. Still a huge talent though, just requires a bit more patience. Last time I looked he hadn't even got a Serie A minute with Inter (only appearance as a 90th min sub for Milito I believe. This might have slightly improved recently)

Walcott however performed well before injury and has now displaced Arshavin since with his good form after injury. The only reason for that stat regarding appearances is injury and in turn that is the only thing you have to feel which could prevent a 90 by the end of the season (i.e. within the next two reviews) If Koscielny (with his up and down, inconsistent form) gets a mention despite the lack of guarantees and question marks about him, then Walcott has to be.

P.S. something astonishing would need to happen for M'Vila to have even the slightest possibility of 92 within 2011 you'd have to feel. Even with a big move in the summer. Am I right in saying this as I speak purely in terms of 2011? (i.e. the thread title)