Risers destined for 90+ in 2011

Re: Risers destined for 90+ in 2011

Michael Owen is 89 and barely plays anymore. Bendtner is also 89' date=' again not playing too much. Thus I think someone like Derdiyok who gets into a team over a 89/90 striker should be rated as such.

Put it this way, if Hernandez was starting as many or more games than Berbatov and Rooney, you'd expect him to be rated closer to them[/quote']

I think the issue here is more that Owen in particular deserves a drop, not convinced Bendtner does, 89 seems quite fitting. Deriyok's stats alone definitely do not warrant a rise, maybe again more a case of Kiessling in particular being over-rated looking at those stats (injury influenced?)

Technically this is still on topic! :D

90+ rated players who oughtta rise' date=' I can't be bothered going postal like my previous post on 'em, but IMO:

[b']Neuer[/b]

Sagna, Kompany, Ivanovic, Marcelo, Subotic, Hummels, Luiz (appearances permitting), Coentrao

Nasri, Bale, Alonso, Ozil, Nani, Giggs (appearances/injuries permitting), Van der Vaart, Song, Hamsik, Khedira, Hernanes, Krasic, Cahill, Di Maria, Pastore, Danny, Valbuena, Sahin, Anderson (appearances permitting), Marchisio, Nene

Messi?, Ibrahimovic, Tevez, post-injury Higuain, Berbatov, Pedro, Pato, Hulk, Falcao, Cavani, Nilmar, Llorente, Barrios

Will have a shot at rising before the dawn of 2012. Certain that these guys will rise.

Couple decent posts there mate but a few I'd take issue with:

Messi - only 99 once he convinces on the International stage, including success. I know this is hotly debated so won't dwell but imo SM won't rise him until this happens, i.e. Ronaldinho. Open for debate though.

Cahill - as in Tim? Everton won't be able to accommodate a 92, 91 seems a bit much already tbh. Already top rated player in the team, firmly believe he's at his peak already.

Giggs - Age and certainly lack of appearances will prevent any more. Before he came back from injury 93 seemed generous (although he's certainly performing at a top level now) Just can't see any more.

Anderson - Still not convinced, was shocking vs So'ton, before he seemed to have picked up and being at Utd alone gives him rising potential. but if we were talking about what is truly DESERVED well he shouldn't rise based on the current standard (however we know players don't always get what they deserve on SM) I therefore think you're right to include him but imo shouldn't happen.

Nene, Danny - not sure their teams and leagues accommodate much more, not convinced although admittedly no expert so would take your word for it if you feel strongly enough rises are possible.

Playing devil's advocate a bit there, pretty minor tbh just my two cents. You are more or less spot on re the vast majority.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few years ago I was subscribed to a fantastic thread which kept a running count of those players who were likely to hit a 90 within the year, with the reasoning and suchlike. It was remarkably nearl

Re: Risers destined for 90+ in 2011 A* thread lad, just thought I'd make a few suggestions. Bearing in mind that the 'major' leagues are set to be reviewed at least 3 times before the end of 2011 (

Re: Risers destined for 90+ in 2011 GK David DE GEA - 89 ==> 90 Currently the first-choice choice at Atletico Madrid, the 20-yo keeper is widely tipped to move to Manchester United, although

Messi - only 99 once he convinces on the International stage' date=' including success. I know this is hotly debated so won't dwell but imo SM won't rise him until this happens, i.e. Ronaldinho. Open for debate though.

Cahill - as in Tim? Everton won't be able to accommodate a 92, 91 seems a bit much already tbh. Already top rated player in the team, firmly believe he's at his peak already.

Giggs - Age and certainly lack of appearances will prevent any more. Before he came back from injury 93 seemed generous (although he's certainly performing at a top level now) Just can't see any more.

Anderson - Still not convinced, was shocking vs So'ton, before he seemed to have picked up and being at Utd alone gives him rising potential. but if we were talking about what is truly DESERVED well he shouldn't rise based on the current standard (however we know players don't always get what they deserve on SM) I therefore think you're right to include him but imo shouldn't happen.

Nene, Danny - not sure their teams and leagues accommodate much more, not convinced although admittedly no expert so would take your word for it if you feel strongly enough rises are possible.

Playing devil's advocate a bit there, pretty minor tbh just my two cents. You are more or less spot on re the vast majority.[/quote']

Tim Cahill, this season, could have slotted in at a top European club, and has played well beyond his 91 rating at times, not all players should be governed by their team's situation, especially when he's (hate to say it this way...) 'at least two ratings better than Fellaini'.

Nene's been one of the best (if not the best) performers in Ligue Un this season, definitely deserves 91.

Anderson (IMO) was dropped by SM due to his injury record, and would have gladly kept him at 91 hads he been fully fit. This logic leads me to believe that if he plays half decently and fits back into United's lineup he'll re-rise to 91.

Giggs (a la Zanetti) shouldn't have his rating be negatively affected by his age. He's at the very top of the world game still, and if his mouthwatering substitute performances of late turn into starts of similar calibre then I'd certainly call for a rise.

Danny's been tipped for a rise by a few forumers and had a bit of a resurgence as Zenit won the league last season. SM'll be generous with the ratings of the newly crowned champions and as one of their most influential players it's not fair to rule out a rise.

Tim Cahill' date=' this season, could have slotted in at a top European club, and has played well beyond his 91 rating at times, not all players should be governed by their team's situation, especially when he's (hate to say it this way...) 'at least two ratings better than Fellaini'.

Nene's been one of the best (if not [i']the[/i] best) performers in Ligue Un this season, definitely deserves 91.

Anderson (IMO) was dropped by SM due to his injury record, and would have gladly kept him at 91 hads he been fully fit. This logic leads me to believe that if he plays half decently and fits back into United's lineup he'll re-rise to 91.

Giggs (a la Zanetti) shouldn't have his rating be negatively affected by his age. He's at the very top of the world game still, and if his mouthwatering substitute performances of late turn into starts of similar calibre then I'd certainly call for a rise.

Danny's been tipped for a rise by a few forumers and had a bit of a resurgence as Zenit won the league last season. SM'll be generous with the ratings of the newly crowned champions and as one of their most influential players it's not fair to rule out a rise.

I'm not arrogant enough to rule anything out just my personal doubts, some are stronger than others but I'm not that 'black and white'.

...like I said I'll bow down on Nene and Danny can't help but be sceptical however (I've seen the impressive stats but still a part of me which thinks hmmmm) Russia are 8th in the Co-efficients I believe, just not sure of it, certainly not confident. Been times in the past I've expected similar rises yet been disappointed.

See I was expecting the Zanetti argument which is why I tried to lean towards lack of appearances. However Zanetti is not a great example as he got his rating long ago (always been 94 since I've played and I've been on SM maybe 30months) It's a lot harder to rise players to such a rating than maintain it (which I'm sure you already appreciate) I do feel age may be a slight factor in SM's thinking, youngsters can take a while to drop for instance likewise I can't help but feel there's a reluctance with older players, not justifying it (just a personal observation, maybe it's off?)

Anyway that's consequential as I stated the Utd rotation policy I'm 95% confident will put pay to a Giggs rise, unless Giggs was used a lot more and could stay clear of the niggling injuries. Zanetti has nearly double minutes of Giggs, Vidic in comparison has well over double to try and put it in a bit of context. I appreciate it's been injury effected but such is Giggs' quality Fergie protects him quite a bit.

In essence I agree with everything you say on Anderson although lack of form I feel resulted in the lack of appearances as well as injury. You're right though appearances alone probably will get him a rise, just off on my personal tangent... he isn't 91 quality IMO. Irrelevant maybe to SM.

Rate Cahill, top AM (very few better in the Prem) and I agree to a point his club shouldn't govern his rating but on SM lets face it it does. Can't see 92 IMO so will have to agree to disagree there.

A few years ago I was subscribed to a fantastic thread which kept a running count of those players who were likely to hit a 90 within the year' date=' with the reasoning and suchlike.

To reiterate, this is simply designed to state the players likely to get to 90 or above within a few months, ideally to circumvent the massive number of posts which ask for a GK/DM/AM/Fwd who will get there.

[b']It won't have[/b] 'great risers', or 90 players who will keep rising, but rather those dark-horses who might have been overlooked by the average SM manager.

Ok guys, stop to debate 90+ players, the OP want this thread only tell below 90 players which is likely to hit 90 or plus in this year.

So pointless to debate player like Messi in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Players that haven't been mentioned at all from what I can see;

Moussa Sow - Lille OSC

The guy has scored 16 goals in 23 appearances in Ligue 1, 1700+ minutes so nearly a goal a game! Now I've been tracking him for months and he's been getting great reviews! Lille also being top makes it even better for himself, so I'm thinking; 87-89 next review and if he carries on 89-90!

Bruno Soriano - Villareal

Bruno has been a mainistay in Villareal, having turned down Barcelona and signing a further 5 year contract at Villareal. He has turned put the most minutes for an outfield player at Villareal and has been very sturdy for them sitting in front of their defence, for a team the sit 4th in Spain warrants a 90 IMO aswell as a call up to Spain not too long ago.

Luca Antonini - Milan

Luca has been a solid full back for Milan of recent season, slowly rising from 87-89 .. Based on game time (1410) in serie a so far he should rise to 90 obviously if he continues to play 90 is definatley on the cards, but just solid performances won't really rise him any further tbh!

Jakub Blaszczkowski - Borussia Dortmund

Now hes a tricky one, I'm only mentioning because I seen he was mentioned earlier, but IMO he is a stay with a slim chance of 89 due to the fact he has been seeing sub appearances mainly in the last few months due to form of Gotze & Kagawa! But with Kagawa out it's his time prove his worth and secure his place, which could see an 88-89-90! But unlikely for now!

really good thread! brilliant! would just like to add a few.

Sven Bender: Starts for borrusia dortmund and has been called up for the german national team. will definately hit 90 in 2011.

Javier Hernandez: fighting with rooney and berbertov for man.u is quite a feal. maybye +2 in the next changes dut definately 90 in 2011.

EDIT: just seen thay are is allready mentioned:o

First things first: very very very nice thread' date=' good job!

suprised nobody mentioned Neymar.

89/90 after the current ratings. 90 at the end of the year!

EDIT: sry guys, He's mentioned below :)

What about Diego Perotti? very big potential! Could also hit 90 this year

Kevin Gameiro will also be a 90 rated player after the next ratings - 19 apps, 10 goals, 3 assists. (FOR LORIENT) See him playing for Bordeaux next season.[/quote']

Very nice. I actually signed Perotti this week and posted a thread about him. Gameiro and Neymar were also on my shortlist, but were on transfer bans.

However... what about Rafael, or Anderson Nene. Rafael has started to get alot more games in.

Nene is not as young but one of the best players in the French league recently.

Arturo Vidal maybe? He's already 90 and could do very well for Bayer Leverkusen in the future. A very good, young defender.

Mattia Destro doesn't look like hitting 90 very soon, but when he comes back to Inter from his loan spell, Inter are a very good team for bringing up youngsters. He could be one to reach 86-87 before his 22nd Birthday and at the very least make you alot of money. You have to be prepared to stay at your team for a while however.

Aleksey Ionov is 22 years old and 84 but plays at Zenit who are likely to win the Russian league this season. They are also current holders and look like alot of their players are going to rise. This one is one to watch.

• 3 weeks later...

Great work so far, seen a mistake though:

Yao Kouassi GERVINHO - 89 ==> 90

Will benefit from Lille's decent form and his own conversion to a striker - already scored ten goals this season and likely to get more. Expect Gervinho to rise and get a move to a bigger club. Will probably have his Wing/Fwd status reversed.

March - rose to 90

Quite an obvious rise. Outside chance to go one higher, but unlikely

Stayed at 89, didnt rise :).. like i said though great work so far

• 1 month later...

Aduriz to 91/90???

as i havent seen him play i dont have a massive amount of info to go on, but judging by his stats (http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/aritz-aduriz/leistungsdaten/spieler_29124.html)

he doesnt seem well placed to get the 90, are you sure you arnt confusing him with soldado who i would deserve that prediction (http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/roberto-soldado/leistungsdaten/spieler_34870.html)

Aduriz to 91/90???

as i havent seen him play i dont have a massive amount of info to go on' date=' but judging by his stats ([url']http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/aritz-aduriz/leistungsdaten/spieler_29124.html[/url])

he doesnt seem well placed to get the 90, are you sure you arnt confusing him with soldado who i would deserve that prediction (http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/roberto-soldado/leistungsdaten/spieler_34870.html)

Halfway through the season he was Valencia's starting striker and top-scorer. This changed in the last few months, and Soldado is certainly looking a better option right now!

Halfway through the season he was Valencia's starting striker and top-scorer. This changed in the last few months' date=' and Soldado is certainly looking a better option right now![/quote']

ah ok, shows my complete lack of knowledge of spanish football! would you advise swapping Soldado for Aduriz?

ah ok' date=' shows my complete lack of knowledge of spanish football! would you advise swapping Soldado for Aduriz?[/quote']

No

If you mean swap Aduriz for Soldaldo then yes.

Aduriz will stay at 89

Soldaldo will likely rise to 90

I would like to add Phil Jagielka and as already mentioned Leighton Baines.

Jagielka has been in fine form this season and is now a England regular albeit usually off the bench.

Baines has been the best left back in the country and has 7 goals in all competitions and has a load of assists to. And again is in the england set up.

Both players linked to moves over the summer which will hurt me if they go as a Everton fan

Great post by the way. Will boost your rep

Baines has been the best left back in the country and has 7 goals in all competitions and has a load of assists to. And again is in the england set up.

Totally agree, Baines completely deserves a 90, he's class

I think he has a good chance of getting it this time as it seems hes been close for the last couple of ratings and hes kept up his form all season.