Thiago Silva 2nd position... DM!

Nealb

Re: Thiago Silva 2nd position... DM!

Doubt it as I think he would have to play for considerably longer in DM to have that added regardless of whether he was comfortable, he will probably go back to CB in next game anyway. If you actually look at the formation it was more of a RCM position he was playing in.

Re: Thiago Silva 2nd position... DM!

On a similar note' date=' but not worth a unique thread, Kuyt, why is he a fwd/wing and not a wing/AM? When did he last play up front? Does it matter which order the positions are? Do players who are AM/CM play worse if not deployed in a more advanced position than say a CM/AM?[/quote']

No it doesnt make a difference in my opinion, as long as its a bright green light where you put em. I sometimes play my CM/AM in a DM position and he plays just as good, similarly you can put a CB/DM player (such as pique) in a CM position. It just matters whether the light is bright green. I think Kuyt will not change because even though he plays on the wing, he can also play in strike comfortable even if he isnt used there, he normally plays on flanks also, not attack like gerrard.