| Tottenham Hostpur EC 6957 | White 'Heart' Lane

mancity.png

After managing Spurs for 2 seasons, Manchester City came and offered me the job. I was ecstatic, and accepted straight away. I am currently 5th place with 17 games gone.I have a budget of £45.4M, to utilize in the transfer market. Hope you enjoy reading.

Here is a look at my current squads:

MANCITYSQUAD1112.pngyouthsquad.png

Re: | Tottenham Hostpur EC 6957 | White 'Heart' Leane

Tottenham thrash Leicester in 5-0 win !

Tottenham showed their true potential by thrashing unmanaged Leicester City. Manager James Chettle decided to put out a full strength side, as his main aim is to challenge for division 1. The Final result was 5-0 to the Spurs side. Park and Pato had given the away side a 3-0 lead at halftime.

Ji-sung Park was making his debut for Spurs, and Tottenham scored there 4th on the 72nd minute with Pato completing his hat-trick. But just before the end Chamakh popped up with another goal in the 89th minuite to complete the rout.

"I am proud of the players performances, but sad we are out of both cup competitions. Now we have one focus which is to win division 1!"

Next up is a home game against Liverpool, who are currently sitting 6th in the division.

311219_50x50.gif Tottenham 5 - 0 Liverpool badge_liverpool_xs.gif

UdinesesAlexisSanchezBarbeofChilerightcelebratesafterscoringduringaSerieAsoccermatchbetweenBariandUdineseattheSanNicolastadiuminBariItalySundayOct_312010.jpg?a=39

Last night in which was supposed to be a huge derby turned out to be a thrasing with Tottenham winning 5:0 with Liverpool. Overall statistically in the match Tottenham were the more dominant side and this showed by them scoring five and creating over 13 chances. Both teams supporters who actually watched the match at White Heart Lane or at home on Sky Sports 3 and Sky Sports 3 HD were all probably very happy with the game, but the Spurs fans becoming the happier of the sets of fans. Spurs will go to the Emirates to play Arsenal on Wednesday in Turn 20. Antiono Cassano in other news has finally completed his move to Milan for £15.8M

James Chettle in a post match interview after the game:

Today we expected to earn 3 points and we did. To be honest we could've attacked more but overall it was a fantastic game and result. Nuff Said!

Arsenal vs Tottenham Match Preview

tottenham-fans.jpg

On Form tottenham visit the Emirates stadium on Wednesday to battle the North london derby against the off-form Arsenal. It's a big derby tonight and nobody wants to lose. Below is the starting XI for Spurs. No signings will start for us.

GK = Martin Skeklenburg

CB = Michah Richards

CB = Raul Albiol

LB = Gareth Bale

RB = Gregory Van Der Wiel

AM = Luka Modric

DM = Paul Scholes

AM = Alexis Sanchez

AM = Ji-Sung Park

CF = Alex Pato

CF = Maroune Chamakh

Subs: Fernando Muslera, Aly Cissokho, Luis Anderson, Diego Fabrini, Aaron Lennon, Luis Juanmi, Silva Neymar

Tottenham-Hotspur-32x32.png Tottenham 2 -1 Stoke City badge09_15.gif

Luka-Modric-Tottenham-Hotspur-Champions-Leagu_2533763.jpg

Sanchez '11

Modric '46

Mutu '55

White Hart Lane was full, the fans were buzzing as blue and white scarves and flags were waving in the air. As the game kicked off, it only took 11 minutes to break the deadlock with Alexis Sanchez scoring a curling header from 6 yards. Both teams were going at each other at pace, but Stoke could not find a equaliser. Then after the 36th minute, Scholes gets sent off for bringing down the last man, and gets a Straight red, no hesitation. Tension started to arise. 10 minutes later Spurs were 2-0 up just after half time. Modric, takes on Koscielny and smashes a shot into the corner. Helton and no chance. About 15 Minuties later, Stoke replied with Mutu who smashes a shot into the corner. The rest of the match was a Possesion game where Tottenham had most of the ball keeping it away from Stoke.

Full Time.

Jamez had this to say...

We are in the top 10 now and have found a formation that suits our style we only look forward and not in the past. I have nothing to say on the Red card as i feel the ref got it spot on.

Young wonderkid Wickham arrives at Spurs!

Shocking news coming out from Tottenham, but somehow Jamez has managed to bring in some of the finest talents. First in was Juanmi, and now Wickham. Each season Spurs's squad gets better and better, and with many youth players linked with this club, only a bright future awaits..

Jamez had this to say:

I'm ecstatic! What a signing, and I can almost guarantee in another 4-5 years this players will be world class. I'm only looking to bring in young players.

Look-To-The-Future-Connor-Wickham-800_2509865.jpg

^ Tottenham's future ^

Quality Young RB arrives at Spurs!

Tasci is the latest arrival at White hart Lane. Cover was needed around the defence as numbers were short, so tottenham scouted him and a few others. Not to be named. Many of our defence are always NMF so he provides skill,pace and ability at the age of 23.

article-1292588-0A5864F9000005DC-775_468x286.jpg

^ New RB ^

Spurs look to get Black up.

Blackburn Rovers vs Tottenham match Preview

Gareth-Bale-celebrates-Spurs-v-Blackburn_2526752.jpg

Bale scored in this fixture the last time they met.

Tottenham travel to the Ewood Park on Saturday as they go in search of points against relegation candates Blackburn. In Spurs' last fixture they lost 3-0 to a full-strength Manchester City side who are aiming to win the Division two years on the trot.

Ahead of the game James Chettle spoke to the press to give his thoughts on the tough away fixture.

This is a very difficult trip for the club tommorow. We will look for the win to try and push us up the table. Ewood Park is a difficult place to come and win so we will look to grind out a result.

Blackburn 2-0 Tottenham

neymar-da-silva-ivan-torres-2011-1-17-23-0-22.jpg

Not a Pen?

Blackburn rode their luck to beat a battling Tottenham as they moved up to thirteenth in the Division 1 table.

Steven N'zonzi scored a brace from outside the area to set blackburn on there way.

The impressive David Hoilett then played a perfect lay-off for N'zonzi to smash past Skekelenburg to double the lead just before the hour-mark.

But the visitors were unfortunate when Neymar was brought down in the box only to be given a free-kick.

Blackburn midfielder David Dunn fouled the Brazilian forward and television replays showed he was close to being of the pitch but lucky. Otherwise notable performance from the experianced midfielder.

The hosts also had Paul Robinson to thank for a string of saves, three of them coming against Alex Pato, who gave Squillaci a torrid time down the middle.

It might be a tiny gripe at an otherwise very good performance but at times we did give the ball away unnecessarily

Tottenham will now regroup before they take on Manchester United on 16th Feburary in a match which will be of vital importance to them.

• 2 months later...

Re: | Tottenham Hostpur EC 6957 | White 'Heart' Lane

Stoke City vs Tottenham

Match preview

2a2f0d18137361.jpg

Sanchez in training yesterday

Tottenham travel to the Britannia on Saturday as they go in search of points against relegation candates Blackburn. In Spurs' last fixture they lost 2-1 to a strengthend Manchester United side who are aiming to win the Division after missing out for the last two seasons.

Ahead of the game James Chettle spoke to the press to give his thoughts on the tough away fixture.

This is a very difficult trip for the club tommorow. We will look for the win to try and push us back to the top of the table. The Britannia is a difficult place to come and win so we will look to grind out a result.We shall field an attacking team to push from the start as we believe a early goal will be key in this battle. On the note of Alexis, he has had a great start to the season- and we hope he can keep it up and help us win the title.

Re: | Tottenham Hotspur EC 6957 | White 'Heart' Lane

French fantastic brings victory to Stoke!

Marseille-Mathieu-Valbuena-C-celebrates-with-_2591854.jpg

Valbuena played well all game

A victory at last! After the opening five games of the season ended in defeat went into this game with full confidence despite Spurs having the likes of Pato, Alexis Sanchez and Juan Mata. Stoke played the better of the two team controlling more possession.Despite that Tottenham had more shots on target but failed to take their opportunities. Spurs will look to their next game to recover.

Stoke started the game in full force, within the half an hour Valbuena had taken advantage of the loose ball and charged into the box and put his shot into the bottom corner. An attempted lob from Alex Pato was then tipped onto the bar by the Stoke goal keeper, Helton. Luka Modric came close twenty minutes later when his strike was tipped onto the outer side of the post by the Stoke keeper. The score's were soon doubled when Mutu took the ball round the Spurs keeper and couldn't miss from six yards. But his goal was soon ruled out when Spurs halfed that lead 8 minutes after half time when his strike was slightly deflected into the net from an acute angle.

alexandre_pato_745107i.jpg

Pato gets one back for Spurs from the penalty spot

The second half had a few more goals thank god !. About 10 minutes later Spurs equalised with a fantastic strike from Alexis Sanchez from about 30 yards out. Stoke went for the kick off then passed the ball down to the other end of the pitch and a cross from Danny and it is headed in by Valbuena. 3-2. Stoke then extended their lead 5 minutes later through Mutu with his second of the game. As the game weared on the game got lacklustre and Shawcross fouled Pato in the area on about 82 minutes; giving away a cheap penalty. Pato scored it, to the spurs fans delight- but surely it was only a consolation. It was . Stoke had done it !

• 2 weeks later...

Blackburn vs Tottenham preview...!

267811.png

Mata will look to impress from the off

Today Spurs will face division 1 side Blackburn

, James will want to try some of his new

tactics to select the best of them ,

Mata and Alexis Sanchez will start today.

SANCHEZ_CHI.png

Alexis will look to continue his scoring streak

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been keeping updated with the results lately.

Blackburn (A) 2-2

Arsenal (A) 0-3 - English Cup.

Bolton (H) 2-2

Arsenal (A) 0-2

Poor form recently.

English shield round 2 today.

v Rochdale.

• 10 months later...

Gerrard wants out

Steven-Gerrard-talks-to-t-006.jpg

Manchester City captain Steven Gerrard is now unhappy about the club’s Premier League woes this season he is considering leaving The Etihad Stadium and moving to either Real Madrid or AC Milan in the summer. Roberto Di Matteo’s side are well shy of their perennial rivals West Ham, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal, and the England international knows time is running out for more domestic honours. Steven Gerrard has told City he wants to leave The Etihad after turning down a new £100,000-a-week contract.

The 25-year-old captain made his move after City rejected a £32m bid from Division 1 champions Arsenal. "Steven has told us he will not accept our offer of an improved and extended contract because he wants to leave," a club statement read. Gerrard also issued a statement which said: "This has been the hardest decision i'd ever have to make, I have too much respect for the club and people at it to get involved in a slagging match."

Gerrard has two years left on his current contract which is worth a reported £60,000 per week.

He was in talks with the club to extend that deal by a further two years until Monday when his agent announced that negotiations were ending and were "unlikely to be re-opened".

That apparently came because Gerrard felt his club had not placed enough of a priority on the talks.

Later on Monday Gerrard had a meeting with chief executive Parry and chairman David Moores, who made a last-ditch offer of £100,000-per-week to keep their captain at Etihad

They were told he would go away and sleep on the deal - but he told Parry on Tuesday he wanted to leave.

By then Arsenal had already made their offer - which is now set to become only the start of a bidding war between the London club and Spanish giants Real Madrid.

Madrid confirmed their interest on Tuesday but said he would have to put in an official transfer request before they got involved.

Gerrard's confirmation that he did indeed want out would be sure to bring the Bernabeu club to the negotiating table.

Parry added: "I don't imagine it is just going to be one club bidding for Gerrard.

"It is only one day, although one day makes a big difference in negotiations, as we have seen."

Gerrard off to rivals!

article-2080214-0F46C70200000578-972_468x286.jpg

Gerrard sits on the bench as City lost to United last night

City captain Steven Gerrard admits he will be glad to see the end of a era which has seen him shoved on the bench by Mancini and he was told he shall no longer be required after being transfer listed by the club. Last season ended prematurely because of a groin problem in March which required surgery and his comeback in the new campaign was delayed by an infection.

The England midfielder eventually made a return as a substitute in the Carling Cup second-round tie at Notts County in September but after just five appearances he picked up an ankle infection in late October which kept him out for two months. Gerrard never got going after these injuries, forcing Roberto [Mancini] to get rid. Many teams submitted bids, but it was of all team, Manchester United with the highest bid. The fee was not disclosed but it is estimated to be around £15m. Gerrard had this to say after hearing the news of his sale:

'Without doubt I'll be glad to see the back of City and Mancini' 'It's been tough but that's all in the past now' 'But I'm looking forward to playing with my new team-mates at United. There's still so much to play for this season for them' 'If I can just get a bit of luck and stay fit hopefully I can really enjoy the final five months of the season.'

Gerrard said his latest lay-off had been 'absolute torture'.

'It's just great to be back involved again,' he added.

'When the surgeon said I would miss another eight weeks it took me weeks to get over the news. 'It was a freak injury and coming so soon after being out for so long with my groin it's been absolute torture.

'I've just had to work so hard to get back again and now I'm looking forward to playing games.

'There have been a lot of lonely days in the gym this year when you struggle to motivate yourself. 'I have worked my socks off over the past eight weeks and I feel really good.

'I'm feeling in great condition and all I need now is minutes under my belt to get the sharpness back.'

Match Preview

MAN CITY v WEST HAM

Edinson-Cavani-Tottenham-Hotspur-2011.jpg

Cavani will look to get on the scoresheet as Higuain is rested.

Manchester City are hopeful that Antonio Valencia's injury heals up in time for the game.

Yaya Toure is again absent as he serves the second game of a three-match suspension but Alex Song should be able to step into the DM role. West ham have a full squad available to them when they face City tommorow.

Betting tip: City at a canter. A 4-0 home win is 14-1.

Match Review

MAN CITY 2 - 0 WEST HAM

Jano.jpg

Ananidze controls the ball before being brought down

Manchester City moved back into the top four with a convincing victory over West Ham. The hosts were rampant early on and scored through Edison Cavani on his return to the team to stake a claim for his starting place.

Jano Ananidze compounded West Ham's misery with a second on 56 minutes when he was brought down for the penalty when he stepped up and converted.

But Thiago Silva [West Ham] got sent off 11 minutes from time to heap misery on the Hammers boss.

It could have been far more comfortable for Roberto Mancini's side as Ramsey squandered a fine one-on-one opportunity too.

And it will puzzle their fans that they were so fluent in the first half hour only to become more ragged as the game wore on.

With the points in the bag they will not worry too much as the victory cements their status in the fourth Champions League spot and back on course.
  • 2 weeks later...

We deserve title - Zabaleta

article-1374794-0C2CC9BC000005DC-485_468x384.jpg

City won’t be rabbits caught in headlights when they take on United next Monday evening.

The Blues know they’ve been given a second chance in the title race and fans’ favourite Pablo Zabaleta says there will be no stage fright for the most important Manchester derby in living memory.

With United dropping five points in their last three games, the Blues suddenly find their destiny back in their own hands and City’s Argentine international says the players realise they’ve been handed a fantastic opportunity.

“We’ve never stopped believing in ourselves, but to be honest, after the Arsenal defeat I thought our chance had probably gone,” said Zaba, who is one game away from clocking up 150 appearances for the Blues.

"We've been five points clear before so we know how it feels, but United losing against Wigan and dropping points at home to Everton shows that in football you have to believe, because you just never know.

"If we have another chance for the title it's because we deserve it. We’ve kept going and we will continue to do that and see what happens.

“We know how important this game is. United are the team we want to beat, especially because it gives us the chance to get back to the top.

Zabaleta feels it is vital the Blues don’t change their style against United and play in the same manner that has brought maximum points and 12 goals since losing to the Gunners.

“We have to play the same as we play every game,” he said. “We need to be strong mentally, focus on what we have to do and give it our all.

“We've got the talent and we've got quality - we've got everything. But behind this the mentality and the attitude for that game has to be more than 100 per cent. I'm sure if we put everything into this game, with the quality we've got it can make the difference.”

City’s Mr Dependable also wants the Blues’ supporters to be at their very best, too, adding: “We need the support of the fans as always, but now more than ever.

“The role of our incredible fans cannot be understated for this game. This is the one we’ve all been waiting for and we all need to be together, both the players and the fans”

City boss keen on Hazard

article-2079178-0F386C4C00000578-356_468x286.jpg

Could Hazard be playing in Manchester soon?

Roberto Mancini believes that Manchester City would be the 'perfect' club for Belgian wonderkid Eden Hazard to join.

The news will surely alarm Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson after he went public about his interest in the Lilleattacking midfielder earlier this week.

The 21-year-old is one of the hottest properties in Europe and would appear to have his pick of clubs with the likes of Tottenham, Real Madrid and Barcelona also linked with a move for the player.

"I like (Eden) Hazard a lot. He's a good player, he's young and he would do great things in our team. "

And Mancini admits he has a long-standing interest in the Belgium international.

"I like Hazard a lot," the Italian told France Football. "He's a good player, he's young and he would do great things in our team.

"Given his technical qualities, City would be the perfect destination for him.

"I know him and have been following him for a long time. He's a player a lot of teams want."

Mancini went to see Hazard when Lille faced Valenciennes last month and he is not the only manager in Manchester to have been on a scouting assignment to see the young talent.

Sir Alex Ferguson told French radio station RMC Sport: "I came to watch Lille play Lyon and followed Hazard of course, along with other players.

"He is a very good player who has many qualities. He is particularly fast over the first 10 yards."
  • 4 weeks later...

Chelsea and Man City Battling Over Highly Rated Serie A Defender

Stefan-Radu.jpg

Chelsea and Manchester City are fighting it out to land Lazio captain Stefan Radu, according to Sky Sports News.

The Romanian international has become one of the most highly regarded defenders in Serie A after an excellent season with Lazio, helping them secure a top four finish. This form hasn’t gone un-noticed as Sky Sports sources understand that both Arsenal and City are keen on brining him to the Premier League this summer.

The 25-year-old signed a new contract last summer but it’s reported that Lazio would find it difficult to turn down a substantial offer for their skipper.

Radu can play at both centre back and left back and no doubt his versatility is a quality that appeals to Arsene Wenger and Roberto Mancini, who are both looking to add to their defensive options this summer.

The former Dinamo Bucharest star has spent four years in Italy and Sky Sports believe that he would be open to a move to England, should the opportunity arise.

Legend Drogba says NO to City and YES to USA

Didier-Drogba-008.jpg

Drogba scoring his last goal for Chelsea

Didier Drogba is probably the finest big-game player in the world right now and his record of nine goals in nine cup finals for Chelsea will probably never be matched.

The veteran striker has provided the Chelsea fans with so many magical memories but none better than Saturday’s win against Birmingham when Drogba struck his best goal ever!

Peter Osgood is still revered as The King, while Bobby Tambling and Kerry Dixon both scored more Chelsea goals. But 157 goals in eight seasons at the very highest level of the game marks Drogba out as the best of the lot.

At 34, Drogba is a physical freak who shows no sign of deterioration. But it was not realistic to expect even Roman Abramovich to match the £200,000-a-week offers the player has had to move to China for the next two years, but he has chose NY Red Bulls as the club to take him forward in his career, where he will look to end his career.

As his team-mates admitted after Birmingham, he is irreplaceable. Chelsea will have to change their style of play to accommodate Edin Dzeko next season .

He leaves Edin Dzeko to lead the club line, unless the club decide to go forward with another player to replace the big man. They do have Messi, best player in the world at the moment.

The Ivory Coast star said: “Everybody knows Edin is a very good player, an international player. He’s been through difficult moments here but it happens to everyone. The good thing is he has our support. He always has and I know next season he’s going to improve. My first few seasons here were difficult for me. I can’t complain but it’s not easy to play for Chelsea, Chelsea is in good hands with Edin. Of course, we will need new strikers but Dzeko will do the job. He will do it, no doubt.”

Chelseas-Didier-Drogba-ce-008.jpg

As Drogba looked back on his Chelsea career he paid tribute to former boss Jose Mourinho, now in charge of Real Madrid, who he credits with turning him into a winner.

Drog added: “Everybody knows the man who gave me the strength and who I’ve learned a lot from was Jose — as a human being and as a manager.

“He gave me this winning attitude, this desire to make history. He’s a winner and we have it in our DNA now.

So would he like to return as manager of Chelsea one day?

“Yes, why not,” he smiled. “I would come back and cut the grass if they asked me.”

Manchester City v Newcastle Match Preview

Gonzalo-Higuain19042012.jpg

Higuain looks back in form again

Newcastle midfielder Yann M'Vila will be fit for tonight's crunch Barclays Premier League clash with Manchester City despite suffering a nasty head injury in midweek.

The French international needed seven stitches to repair a gash above his eye after an aerial collision with John Obi Mikel in Wednesday night's 2-0 win at Chelsea, but manager Alan Pardew has no doubts he will be available for the City game.

Full-back Davide Santon remains a doubt.

Roberto Mancini is expecting to select from the same squad of players when he names his Manchester City team to face Newcastle.

Mancini may be tempted to stick with the starting line-up from Monday's crucial win over Leicester, although Gonzalo Higuain and Alex Song hope to start.

Alan-Pardew-faces-the-pre-006.jpg

Pardew looks to get the better of Mancini tonight

City do have a good recent record on their visits to Tyneside, winning three times in an unbeaten four-match streak, and will be aiming for another success to take them a massive stride close to their first league title since 1968.

It has all the ingredients for a classic.

Betting: Home 9-2, Away 6-10, Draw 3-1.

Stat of the game: In 75 league visits to Newcastle, Manchester City have won just 12 times.

Luke Edwards’ prediction: Newcastle United 2 Manchester City 2.