| Tottenham Hostpur EC 6957 | White 'Heart' Lane

Re: | Tottenham Hostpur EC 6957 | White 'Heart' Lane

Manchester City win thriller

Borussia-Moenchengladbach-007.jpg

Reus scores his second of the night

Marco Reus helped Manchester City to win 5-3 against Newcastle United in a thriller at the Etihad.

And it was a miserable afternoon for Newcastle manager Alan Pardew at the end of a week in which has he faced allegations of sexual assualt.

Dani Alves had headed City in front after 23 minutes. Reus then doubled Manchester City's lead with a superb solo goal. Schweinsteiger's goal looked to have put City in control on the stroke of half-time but Newcastle's response presented a compelling case for Alan Pardew's insistence that reports of his side's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Manchester-Citys-Roberto--008.jpg

Mancini celebrates City's third goal

Lewis Holtby pulled one back but the outstanding Marco Reus grabbed his second and seem to put the game beyond doubt. Yet Newcastle didn't give up as not for the first time Salvio scored a volley before Steven Jovetic's spectacular strike set up the finale to an enthralling encounter.

Phil Jones lost his footing to allow Edison Cavani to race clear for City's fifth after 71 minutes. This was his 5'th goal of the season.

Sky-Sports-News-on-Transf-001.jpg

BREAKING NEWS: VAN GAAL HIRED BY LIVERPOOL AFTER HIDDINK SACKING!

LOUIS VAN GAAL expects Liverpool to make a formal announcement to mark his appointment this week.

But he will not be drawn on whether it is as manager or sporting director.

Dutchman Van Gaal had a series of conference calls with Liverpool’s owners this week and has told those close to him that he is considering an offer.

Liverpool initially made their move for the former Barcelona and Holland boss with the sporting director’s role in mind.

But Van Gaal, 60, has made it clear he would prefer to succeed sacked manager Kenny Dalglish.

Wigan owner Dave Whelan says Roberto Martinez has been offered the job.

Martinez met Liverpool’s American owners Fenway Sports Group in Miami.

He is due to return from holiday on Tuesday but is expected to hold another round of talks before then.

It has been suggested Martinez will not work under a sporting director.

bbcsport.png

Hart : "We'll keep on winning"

joe-hart-birmingham-and-m-006.jpg

Manchester City and England goalkeeper Joe Hart has told BBC Sport that City will 'keep on winning'. Manchester City lie 5th after winning 5-3 last weekend against Newcastle. "City are a brilliant team and I'm very glad to be playing here with players like David Luiz, Edison Cavani and Dani Alves. Roberto Mancini and the staff are running the club well and it's an honour to play here. We have some good games coming up and we will keep on winning because we have the best team, manager and chairman in Europe. I hope we win the Champions League this season, that and the World Cup are the two things I want to win in my career."

Huddersfield Town have announced they've sacked Simon Grayson and hired young lad The Switch to take over. The Switch has been handed £176m to improve the squad and intends to spend it on rebuilding the vital areas to hopefully stay up in the league

Reports in England are suggesting that Huddersfield have made a loan offer for Chamberlain and Muniain. Also they have made an offer for Tibaut Courtois. How will Man City react

City laugh off Huddersfield interest

Manchester-City-v-Sunderl-008.jpg

City manager Roberto Mancini has laughed off Huddersfield's town bid for goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois.

Huddersfield have been linked with a host of top players across Europe given the vast financial backing they enjoy from their owner.

But City boss Roberto Mancini has revealed he had considered the possibility of loaning out the young keeper.

The Italian manager said he was put off by the 19million euros (over £11m) bid that was placed by the Switch.

"We all have the money but we have a top quality young keeper whom we shall look to introduce over the next season, hence this story makes me laugh," he told Corriere dello Sport.

"My dear Switch, I am sorry for you. Evidently, you anticipate moves of the Sheikh that are not true to reality."

Courtois, who is under contract until June 2015, has not played all of this season but insists he is happy at City.

Huddersfield Town have made a second bid for the young man city star in the region of £20m. Although Huddersfield Town boss The Switch would like to be kept inform about players who are for sale.

Also The Switch is rumoured to be after Cavani and Reus from Man City

Huddersfield Town announce 2 new signings!

Seydou Doumbia and Shinji Kagawa are set to become Huddersfield Town players after there club accepted there respectable bids. Kagawa is a player that The Switch has recognised as great importance and will bolster the midfield and Doumbia will bolster the strikers.

In other news Huddersfield Town are prepared to sell the prized asset Silva Neymar. If any team wants them make a respectable bid

• 2 weeks later...

Reus out for 5 weeks!

Marco-Reus-007.jpg

Reus walks off the field after injury to hamstring

City Midfielder Marco Reus was injured during Citys 2-1 loss against Arsenal when he pulled up on the half-way line at around 58 minutes.

It was hoped he had just suffered extensive bruising but an X-ray confirmed the news boss Roberto Mancini had been dreading.

A statement from the club said: “Marco Reus has pulled his hamstring, we had feared the worst and it has come true. The Medical team have been in close contact overnight with club doctors who will treat him moving forward.
  • 10 months later...

Mancini returns to the Premier League!

Roberto-Mancini-008.jpg

Mancini's back in charge of Everton

Everton have sacked David Moyes after 11 years in charge and named Roberto Mancini as his successor, with Brian Kidd appointed his assistant.

News of Moyes' departure came via a statement, issued just two hours after the 4-3 home win over Sunderland. "The board felt that there was no evidence that the situation would fundamentally change.

"This is a particularly difficult announcement given the personal investment over the past 11 years on all sides and we would like to put on record our respect for and thanks to Mark Hughes and we wish him the best in his future career."

Mark Bowen, Eddie Niedzwiecki, Kevin Hitchcock and Glyn Hodges have also left the club and further appointments will be announced in due course.

Commenting on the appointment of Mancini, chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said: "Roberto is a hugely experienced manager with a proven track record of winning trophies and championships. His experience and track record speak for themselves.

"What is absolutely clear is that Roberto believes in Everton's potential to achieve at the highest level and importantly in his own ability to make this happen.

"My hope is that our incredible fans will join us in welcoming Roberto to the football club."

Everton sign midfielder Santi Cazorla!

Santi-Cazorla-008.jpg

Cazorla joins from Arsenal

Everton Football Club is delighted to announce that Spain international Santi Cazorla has joined the Club on a long-term contract.

Santi Cazorla - full name Santiago Cazorla González - joins Everton for an undisclosed fee from Arsenal. He was a key part of the Arsenal side which finished second in the Premier League this season, qualifying for the UEFA Champions League.

Cazorla, a versatile 28-year-old attacking midfielder, has made a total of 45 appearances for Spain and was a member of his country's victorious squads at the European Championship in 2008 and 2012.

Before joining Malaga in 2011, Cazorla spent two spells at Villarreal, making 181 appearances and helping 'the Yellow Submarine' finish runners-up in La Liga in 2008. In between these spells, he spent

the 2006/07 season in La Liga on loan at Recreativo. Cazorla spent the early part of his career at youth level with Spanish side Oviedo.

New Everton manager Roberto Mancini said: "Santi Cazorla is a great signing for us. He is a player with good experience at both club and international level, who will add significant quality to our squad.

"He is a versatile, attacking midfield player who can play comfortably on either side of the pitch or centrally. He has good pace, is technically gifted and will be a huge asset to Everton Football Club.

We are delighted that he is joining us."

Cazorla, who was voted Spanish Player of the Year in 2007, said: "I'm so happy to be joining Everton. This is a club with great players, a fantastic stadium and huge support.

"The Club has one of the best managers in football and their style of play is recognised and admired all over the world.

"I'm so excited to be joining one of the greatest teams in Europe and also in the Premier League. I will do my best to help Everton challenge for trophies and make all the supporters happy."

Everyone welcomes Santi to the Club, his squad number will be confirmed in due course.

Everton have bid accepted for Son

165842366.0_standard_400.0.jpg

The highly rated youngster is the second signing of Mancini's reign

Everton have beat a queue of Premier League clubs to land £8million Hamburg striker Heung-Min Son – and grow their commercial profile in Asia in the process.South Korea sensation Son, who is rated as one of the hottest properties in German football, has been scouted by the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester United in the last 12 months, but Everton have stolen a march.The Toffees’ former Director of Football is now working at Hamburg, and as part of the link-up the two clubs enjoy, Everton believe they have secured Son in a fee believed to be around £7.5million.The Toffees are looking at increasing their presence in China, Japan and Korea to maximise profit in the emerging nations.Son, who has scored nine goals in 21 matches this season, was on track for his best ever goals return in the Bundesliga, but will now look to continue his form in the Premier League.

Jagielka to leave Everton after eight years at the club

Phil-Jagielka--007.jpg

Jagielka says goodbye to his boyhood club

Phil Jagielka will consider offers to continue playing in the Premier League and abroad this summer having announced the end of his eight-year career with Everton. The 30-year-old is out of contract at Goodison Park at the end of this season and with no talks planned on an extension and his first-team prospects becoming limited, he has agreed with the manager Roberto Mancini that the time is right to go. Jagielka believes he has at least another season in the top flight in him, and his availability as a free agent could interest Aston Villa or Hull City should Steve Bruce's team win promotion, although he is also interested in playing for a club in mainland Europe. In a statement, he confirmed: "It's been an honour to play for and captain Everton Football Club. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time on Merseyside and will leave with immense pride. "I would like to thank the manager, chairman, all of the staff and the players at Everton for their continued support. I'd also like to pay a special thanks to the fans, who have been amazing over the past eight years and Everton will always have a place in my heart. I want to continue to play at the top level as long as I physically can, and will be weighing up my options before making a decision. I'll now be doing everything I can to help Everton finish as high up the league table as possible."

Everton 1 - 0 Aldershot Town [Pre-season]

Napoli-v-Cagliari-007.jpg

Lavezzi celebrates scoring the first goal of Mancini's reign

Lavezzi was in good form for the Toffees, bagging a goal in the second half as they eased past the Shots, while a number of youngsters also impressed in a successful friendly. Everton kicked-off their Premier League preparations with a comfortable 1-0 win against League Two side Aldershot at the Goodison Park. The goal came on 56 minuites when good work by Robin Van Persie down the left, crossed the ball and was smashed in by Lavezzi. As expected for pre-season, the intensity tailed off towards the end of the game, but there was a warm cheer around the ground for the introduction of lifelong Everton fan Jim Bentley, for his last game as a player in a Aldershot shirt, and he was fittingly allowed to shoot with the final touch of the match, with the Toffees defence looking on. Mancini will be hoping that his side can carry on their good form ahead of the new campaign when they travel to Nottingham Forest on Wednesday evening.

EVERTON THRASH FOREST 5-2 [Pre-Season]

Robin-van-Persie-008.jpg

Van Persie celebrates his second and Everton's fifth

Everton won their second successive pre-season game as Robin Van Persie continued his rehabilitation with two goals in a 5-2 away thrashing of Nottingham Forest tonight.

The Dutch striker, getting back to his best having recovered from a serious knee injury, volleyed his first goal after 17 minutes and put Everton 2-1 up six minutes before half-time after a clever backheel by Carlos Tevez.

In between his goals, Everton striker Tevez had a penalty saved by Boaz Myhill and 20-year-old Rafinha briefly put Forest level with a well-struck 20-metre shot.

Van Persie, growing in confidence with each minute of his comeback, had a moral claim for a hat-trick when Everton went 3-1 up six minutes into the second half but his cross-shot went in off Richard Garcia for an own goal.

Forward Alexis Sanchez marked what could be his last game for the club with Everton's fourth after 82 minutes and then set up Jordi Alba for the fifth soon after.

Sheffield United 0 - 2 Everton [Pre-Season]

20120624-Spain-460.jpg

Xabi Alonso celebrates his goal

Goals from Santi Cazorla and Xabi Alonso sank 10-man Sheffield United and kept up Everton's unbeaten record in Pre-season.

Cazorla rose well to head home Adriano's cross after 13 minutes.

Alonso doubled the lead from the penalty spot 19 minutes later after Matt Lowton was harshly sent off for bundling over Lavezzi in the box. Boss Mancini had this to say "It was good to keep up our winning ways, I'm really pleased with that.

"We had to work hard for it, even when they were down to 10 men.

"I don't blame Lavezzi for going down.

"I don't think it is anything like a penalty. The referee blew too early.

"Lowton is quick and got back goal-side of the lad, who realised he wasn't going to get a shot on goal and (went) down."

Gillingham 1 - 5 Everton [Pre-Season]

Soccer---EURO-2012---The--008.jpg

Everton finish pre-season with 4 wins out of 4

When Gillinham manager Mark Yates was asked about his side’s chances of causing an upset in the build-up to this game, he said it was the most difficult task a League Two side could face.

How prophetic those words appeared last night. Yates had read the script ahead of a clash against one of the meanest and well-drilled teams in the Barclays Premier League. It was just that he and his players could do little to stop the Merseyside club.

Could Cheltenham outplay Everton? Could the hosts bully them? Could they outwork the Toffees? Defeat them by winning set pieces?

The answer to all those questions was a resounding ‘No’ as Roberto Mancini paid the Everton fans with a stunning performance at Goodison Park.

It was not surprising, therefore, that there was not a hint of complacency from his team. Everton were not prepared to be the fall guys in front of an expectant television audience.

‘I don’t know if it was brave,’ said the Everton manager. ‘It could have been folly if I had picked up another couple of injuries.

‘We did a job. I wanted to try and progress and win all our friendlies. We have a bit of momentum now and I wanted to maintain it. ‘It’s hard in a game like this because the Premier League is all-consuming but we kept the focus right. Their application was spot-on.’

For Yates, it was a harsh lesson. ‘It was a ruthless performance,’ he said. ‘We came up against a very good Everton side.

‘My keeper only had two saves to make and he’s pulled the ball out of his net five times. I’d like to think we gave them a game but they are not challenging for the Champions League for nothing.’

That will matter little to Mancini. It was another satisfactory day at the office. No romance of the game here, just a cold-hearted dispatching of confident League Two opponents — comforting words to the ultra-pragmatic Everton boss.
  • 1 month later...

Mancini swaps Everton for Arsenal

1995117504.jpg

Mancini moves for money?

Roberto Mancini has been confirmed as the new manager of Arsenal after signing a three-year contract.

"I am delighted to accept this hugely exciting opportunity," said Mancini, who will begin his new job on 24 June.

"The club has a clear vision for success both on and off the pitch and I am committed to making a significant contribution."

Brian Kidd will remain on the coaching staff, with Ruben Cousillas joining as assistant manager, and goalkeeping coach Xabier Mancisidor and fitness coach Jose Cabello also part of the new backroom set-up. The trio worked under Mancini at Everton.

In an interview with ArsenalTV, he added: "Arsene did a great job here in London, especially to win the title after so many years. We now start a new cycle.

"I had other important offers from important clubs. The most important thing for me is I am sure we can make a great management team.

"I'm sure we have the best squad in the Premier League, wonderful players and can win more titles in the next three or four years in England and maybe even Europe."