The Official Formula 1 Thread

Seftinho

Re: Formula 1 Thread

Consistency has nothing to do with Hamilton it's the car he's got ' date=' his brakes failed last time in qualifying and now his car blows up , he's the better driver than Rosberg and providing the car doesn't play up I still think he'll won the title[/quote']

This is spot on. When it boils down to it I can't say Rosberg has that same raw talent. Both great drivers undoubtedly but all things even i would go with Lewis more often than not.

Amazing how everyone has no problems with Hamilton disobeying team orders but hated Vettel for doing just that last year. Is it because this is a predominantly British forum??

I'm no Vettel fan but I definitely don't want Hamilton to win this season been extremely arrogant for my liking. I liked him when he first won the championship but this season he thinks too highly of himself and all that trash talk for his own team-mate is just bad.

I also don't understand all this talk of him being unlucky this season. Most of his problems have come in the qualifying which frankly is nothing tbh. Even if both the Mercedes this season started at the back row they'd still manage to be in the top 5 their car is that good. And of course last race Rosberg had problems with his brake discs but ofcourse that is irrelevant as he doesn't moan :)

Amazing how everyone has no problems with Hamilton disobeying team orders but hated Vettel for doing just that last year. Is it because this is a predominantly British forum??

I'm no Vettel fan but I definitely don't want Hamilton to win this season been extremely arrogant for my liking. I liked him when he first won the championship but this season he thinks too highly of himself and all that trash talk for his own team-mate is just bad.

I also don't understand all this talk of him being unlucky this season. Most of his problems have come in the qualifying which frankly is nothing tbh. Even if both the Mercedes this season started at the back row they'd still manage to be in the top 5 their car is that good. And of course last race Rosberg had problems with his brake discs but ofcourse that is irrelevant as he doesn't moan :)

I'm no Lewis fan, I root for Fernando but it was perfectly clear that Nico was too far back for Lewis to slow down and let him thru......Niki Lauda even agreed with Lewis' call and said that decision passed on to Lewis was a mistake due the the intensity of the situation.....if Nico was within DRS range, by all means then he woulda had the right to feel aggrieved, but at the end of the day he wasn't....they were in a sense almost asking Lewis to let Nico win the race which he woulda done had he gone past....

I'm no Lewis fan' date=' I root for Fernando but it was perfectly clear that Nico was too far back for Lewis to slow down and let him thru......Niki Lauda even agreed with Lewis' call and said that decision passed on to Lewis was a mistake due the the intensity of the situation.....if Nico was within DRS range, by all means then he woulda had the right to feel aggrieved, but at the end of the day he wasn't....they were in a sense almost asking Lewis to let Nico win the race which he woulda done had he gone past....[/quote']

I don't know about that as I had switched off my TV after both the Force India cars crashed but what I have read off the internet is that Rosberg was on a different strategy and the team asked Lewis to let him through and he refused. Maybe he was right in this case but doesn't stop him being an idiot :P

I don't know about that as I had switched off my TV after both the Force India cars crashed but what I have read off the internet is that Rosberg was on a different strategy and the team asked Lewis to let him through and he refused. Maybe he was right in this case but doesn't stop him being an idiot :P

Complete unequivocal baloney. This is racing, why would I have a problem with Lewis wanting his main title rival staying behind him, team mate or no team mate.

Also ive actually found Lewis Hamiltons interview style quite refreshing and honest. He says how he is feeling because he is that kind of person and doesn't pretend to be anything else.

Rosberg from what I have seen is a robot and for my money extremely fake.

Also, why come on here making big accusations as to why we are alright with the situation when you didn't even watch that part of the race?

Are you on about Malaysia last year? Cant remember if i criticised him or not (probably did because I dont like him) but looking at it now from Vettels point of view he's in the same boat as Hamilton, he's fighting for the championship and its quite ridiculous for someone to pop up on the team radio asking you to let your arguably one and only championship rival to go past you to further increase his points lead. I think 9 times out of 10 any other driver on the grid would have done the same thing and ignored it.

As for qualifying i dont really know what to put for the statement 'qualifying is nothing' it's just a daft comment really.

And Rosberg probably doesnt moan because he's German, his team are German, Wolff is near enough German (Austrian), and Mercedes are asking Hamilton to let Rosberg pass him freely. No wonder he doesnt complain, Mercedes' top boy from their point of view.

P.s Yes Im a hamilton fan

Complete unequivocal baloney. This is racing' date=' why would I have a problem with Lewis wanting his main title rival staying behind him, team mate or no team mate.

Also ive actually found Lewis Hamiltons interview style quite refreshing and honest. He says how he is feeling because he is that kind of person and doesn't pretend to be anything else.

Rosberg from what I have seen is a robot and for my money extremely fake.

Also, why come on here making big accusations as to why we are alright with the situation when you didn't even watch that part of the race?[/quote']

Did you even read through my first post?? Nowhere have I said that what Hamilton did was wrong and I have got no problems with that. F1 is more of an individual sport than a team sport. It is the contrasting opinions of the people on a similar incident because Vettel and Hamilton were more or less in the same boat as pointed out by Fez below.

Are you on about Malaysia last year? Cant remember if i criticised him or not (probably did because I dont like him) but looking at it now from Vettels point of view he's in the same boat as Hamilton' date=' he's fighting for the championship and its quite ridiculous for someone to pop up on the team radio asking you to let your arguably one and only championship rival to go past you to further increase his points lead. I think 9 times out of 10 any other driver on the grid would have done the same thing and ignored it.

As for qualifying i dont really know what to put for the statement 'qualifying is nothing' it's just a daft comment really.

And Rosberg probably doesnt moan because he's German, his team are German, Wolff is near enough German (Austrian), and Mercedes are asking Hamilton to let Rosberg pass him freely. No wonder he doesnt complain, Mercedes' top boy from their point of view.

P.s Yes Im a hamilton fan[/quote']

Not sure about the race was early on in the season is all I remember.

The Qualifying is nothing comment comes for this year's Mercedes car only. Their tyres last longer,their straightline speed is better all in all their car is head and shoulders above any other this year so overtaking is not really a problem for them. Would Hamilton have been on the podium after starting from the pitlane if he was driving say a Ferrari or a RedBull?? The unbiased answer will surely be no.

By moaning I meant Rosberg could have quite easily said Lewis was lucky that the safety car came out at the wrong time or that he was lucky his car wasn't 100%. He didn't while on the other hand Lewis has been blaming the circumstances rather than giving another driver credit which for me is quite arrogant behaviour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Big debate regarding Verstappen. He'll be a driver for Torro Rosso next season aged just 17.

Thoughts?

I think it makes a mockery of the GPs underneath F1. If I was a young driver (say under 21) in the Red Bull academy doing well in GP2/GP3 I'd be thinking what's the point if some kid is going to go straight to F1? I can't see how it can be good for the kid either. He's not going to have the racing experience that GP2/3 gives you. He can do well, but the scrutiny he'll be under will be telling. If he does well, people will say good decision by Red Bull. If he does well, he'll be forgotten and will likely not get another drive in F1. If he earnt his reputation in the GP2/3 series, even if the Red Bull drive didn't work for him, a lesser team might take a chance on him given his experience. He doesn't have that fallback now. It just seems odd to me. F1 is the pinnacle of motor sport, it's incredibly rare to get a kid thrust into it. It's almost quite irresponsible on Red Bull's part IMO.

First complete race I have watched this season. Good result for Rosberg.

Good result for Rosberg as usual as Hamilton gets the bad luck, he needs a slap for not pulling out of that move. It's starting to get ridiculous the amount of points Hamilton has lost due to factors beyond is control.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hamilton claimed pole in Singapore GP quali by 7 thousandths from rival Rosberg.

Red Bull drivers line up 3rd - Ricciardo - and 4th - Vettel - in Marina Bay.

Alonso ends Q3 on 5th place, while Raikkonen forced out of Q3 because

of an engine failure and will start the race from 7th place today.

Should be an interesting race to watch today, definitely.

Hamilton wins F1 Singapore GP and now leads F1 championship with 3 pts lead.

Red Bull's Vettel & Ricciardo finish on podium, while Rosberg fails to finish race.

Official Singapore 2014 race results:

1. Hamilton - Mercedes

2. Vettel - Red Bull

3. Ricciardo - Red Bull

4. Alonso - Ferrari

5. Massa - Williams

6. Vergne - STR Renault

7. Perez - Force India

8. Raikkonen - Ferrari

9. Hulkenberg - Force India

10. Magnussen - McLaren

• 2 weeks later...