Sign in to follow this  
Seftinho

The Official Formula 1 Thread

Re: Official 2011 Formula 1 Thread

I'm loving this :D

Finally we have a race! Great start. Webber must be well peeved off, as Hamilton's aggressiveness, once again, makes another driver pay the price. Alonso seems to be backpedaling, dunno if something's wrong or what, but not a good start for him too.

If this is an indication of what's to come, this will be awesome. :)

PS: Hamilton under investigation... LOL ... and now both McLaren's touch. This is too good.

Hamilton needs to watch himself - he's becoming a bit of a liability. I admire the guy for being the bold' date=' aggressive driver that he is, but he can't keep making mistakes like this.[/quote']

He is indeed , i respect him a hell of a lot for his style of racing but the last race in Monacco was in my opinion mostly his fault for the incidents he caused and now this!!!!! My respect is starting to fall for him.

And i wanted Button to win today ... come on Di Resta :P

Finally we have a race! Great start. Webber must be well peeved off' date=' as Hamilton's aggressiveness, once again, makes another driver pay the price. Alonso seems to be backpedaling, dunno if something's wrong or what, but not a good start for him too.

If this is an indication of what's to come, this will be awesome. :)

PS: Hamilton under investigation... LOL ... and now both McLaren's touch. This is too good.[/quote']

Hamilton ' date=' what a erghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :mad::mad::mad:

the mans an idiot![/quote']

Hamilton needs to watch himself - he's becoming a bit of a liability. I admire the guy for being the bold' date=' aggressive driver that he is, but he can't keep making mistakes like this.[/quote']
Hamilton is a dirty racer' date=' and today's race confirms it

What a jackass[/quote']

He is indeed ' date=' i respect him a hell of a lot for his style of racing but the last race in Monacco was in my opinion mostly his fault for the incidents he caused and now this!!!!! My respect is starting to fall for him.

And i wanted Button to win today ... come on Di Resta :P[/quote']

I am amazed at how anyone can make comments like this considering the conditions. The first incident was a racing incident - no more. He's under-steered with cold tyres in terrible conditions - not his fault, not Webber's fault. If it had been Hamilton's fault, you can be sure he would have been punished.

As for the McLaren crash, Hamilton had the pace, had the line, and Button either didn't see him or just chose to carry on cutting across anyway and cut him up.

He's not an "idiot", he's not a "jackass", he's not a "liability", he's not a "dirty racer", he hasn't made a mistake.

Did anyone bother to watch the replays from the different angles or just post up in faux outrage the second it happened? Some incredibly narrow-minded posts on here.

I am amazed at how anyone can make comments like this considering the conditions. The first incident was a racing incident - no more. He's under-steered with cold tyres in terrible conditions - not his fault' date=' not Webber's fault. If it had been Hamilton's fault, you can be sure he would have been punished.

As for the McLaren crash, Hamilton had the pace, had the line, and Button either didn't see him or just chose to carry on cutting across anyway and cut him up.

He's not an "idiot", he's not a "jackass", he's not a "liability", he's not a "dirty racer", he hasn't made a mistake.

Did anyone bother to watch the replays from the different angles or just post up in faux outrage the second it happened? Some incredibly narrow-minded posts on here.[/quote']

After watching it back Hamilton was less in the wrong than these comments you've highlighted suggested. But if you're to call us narrow minded then you must brandish the commentators similar as they both though both incidents were Hamiltons fault. He's not without fault in either incident otherwise race controll would of not put the incidents under investigation but yes the conditions as horrible as they are , are a major factor for the incidents.

Button was following Schuey into the first cornor , maybe he did have a look up but he had every right to keep going into the normal line for the cornor. Hamilton came up the inside and Button had a split second to react and he didnt.

People do say things how they origanlly see them , there's nothing wrong with that ... doesn't make anyone narrow minded in the slightest.

I am amazed at how anyone can make comments like this considering the conditions. The first incident was a racing incident - no more. He's under-steered with cold tyres in terrible conditions - not his fault' date=' not Webber's fault. [b']If it had been Hamilton's fault, you can be sure he would have been punished.[/b]

Personally I think if he hadn't of retired due to the second incident he would of been given a penalty as in my opinion he should have realized that there wasn't enough room (although you could possible blame the spin on the conditions)

The second incident I think was just unlucky again you could blame the conditions but I think Lewis had every right to attempt to pass Button as he had the speed out of the last corner however Button had every right to go towards the pit wall as that's the racing line also its likely Button hadn't anticipated the amount of speed Hamilton had and was attempting a defensive move.

Kobyashi must be hoping the race ends now being in second.personally cant see the race re starting for another 20 minutes if it will start at all seems to be raining just as hard as it was when the race got red flagged.

Final thing is anyone else getting confused when the safety car is deployed might just be me having a rubbish attention span but this new system where the safety car picks up the first availible car instead of the leader just confuses me and I lose track of some race positions :o

Gotta say think DC is a quality commentator find him interesting to listen to :)

I'm in the Hamilton's a moron camp. Admittedly less of a moron having seen the replays but the collision was definitely his fault. He was faster out of the corner but Button was well within his rights to take the racing line as Lewis was behind him. Certainly didn't cut him up. Lewis had the pace to go around the other side so I'm not sure why he chose to put the car in between Jenson's racing line and the pit wall. Stupidly risky either way, especially considering they're team-mates.

I don't like rain. Proper pain in the rear.

Hamiltons fault? Come off of it.

It's quite clear, Hamilton came up the side and button looked in his mirror weather he saw him is another issue (doubtfull though, As visabilty was no existant with spray etc)

I seriously think people would have still blamed Hamilton if he was in button shoes.

Purely a racing incident In my opinion.

I'm in the Hamilton's a moron camp. Admittedly less of a moron having seen the replays but the collision was definitely his fault. He was faster out of the corner but Button was well within his rights to take the racing line as Lewis was behind him. Certainly didn't cut him up. Lewis had the pace to go around the other side so I'm not sure why he chose to put the car in between Jenson's racing line and the pit wall. Stupidly risky either way' date=' especially considering they're team-mates.

[b']I don't like rain. Proper pain in the rear.[/b]

Same here , a bit of a shower to liven things up mid race is fine by me! but this is just fustrating.

After watching it back Hamilton was less in the wrong than these comments you've highlighted suggested. But if you're to call us narrow minded then you must brandish the commentators similar as they both though both incidents were Hamiltons fault.

Er' date=' no they didn't. Brundle certainly wasn't, Coulthard tried to defend Button but it's well known he's not much of a Hamilton fan anyway, and both agreed it the first incident was a racing incident.

He's not without fault in either incident otherwise race controll would of not put the incidents under investigation but yes the conditions as horrible as they are , are a major factor for the incidents.

I can see an argument for the Webber spin, but in these conditions there's nothing he could have done. Optimistic move perhaps, but he saw the gap.

Er... an investigation doesn't mean anyone was at fault, it means the stewards are looking to see if anyone was at fault. If anyone was at fault, they would be punished, smiple as that.

Button was following Schuey into the first cornor ' date=' maybe he did have a look up but he had every right to keep going into the normal line for the cornor. Hamilton came up the inside and Button had a split second to react and he didnt.[/quote']

You're meant to give any overtaking car a car's width. Button did not. You don't just cut the other driver up. So no, he did not have "every right to keep on going into the cornor".

I'm not accusing Button - with the weather like this, I'd've been surprised if he could even see his mirrors - but it certainly wasn't Hamilton's fault.

People do say things how they origanlly see them ' date=' there's nothing wrong with that ... doesn't make anyone narrow minded in the slightest.[/quote']

People were very quick to accuse Hamilton the moment the incidents happened, calling him all sorts of insults without giving it any thought. I would call that narrow-minded.

I'm in the Hamilton's a moron camp. Admittedly less of a moron having seen the replays but the collision was definitely his fault. He was faster out of the corner but Button was well within his rights to take the racing line as Lewis was behind him. Certainly didn't cut him up. Lewis had the pace to go around the other side so I'm not sure why he chose to put the car in between Jenson's racing line and the pit wall. Stupidly risky either way' date=' especially considering they're team-mates.

I don't like rain. Proper pain in the rear.[/quote']

As I said above, there was plenty of room, Hamilton was much faster, he had every right to make a move (or else crash into the back of him). Maybe he could have goen the other way, but he had a split-second to turn one way before crashing into him. After he got alongside Button, Button is obliged to give him a car's width. He did not. Again, as I said, I'm not accusing Button, as he probably had no idea Hamilton was going to be there, but it was certainly not Hamilton's fault and I fail to see how he can be called a "moron" for being crashed out of a race. But anything to have a go at successful British sportsman eh!

As I said above' date=' there was plenty of room, Hamilton was much faster, he had every right to make a move (or else crash into the back of him). Maybe he could have goen the other way, but he had a split-second to turn one way before crashing into him. After he got alongside Button, Button is obliged to give him a car's width. He did not. Again, as I said, I'm not accusing Button, as he probably had no idea Hamilton was going to be there, but it was certainly not Hamilton's fault and I fail to see how he can be called a "moron" for being crashed out of a race. But anything to have a go at successful British sportsman eh![/quote']

There wasn't plenty of room. If there was, there wouldn't have been a crash.

Perhaps Button didn't see him but I still believe the majority of the blame lies with Hamilton. He went for space which wasn't there; hence Button's frustrated radio call.

I like Hamilton but I agree with Andy that he's taking unnecessary risks and ultimately paying the penalty. I heard something on the commentary that he's done 10% of the overtaking this season of everyone which is massive. However, he's under investigation most races now and is racking up the penalties. Today's is especially ridiculous considering it wasn't even a rival he was attempting to get past.

Out of interest, do you drive? Crash into the back of anyone and the blame lies with you. Don't see why it'd be that different on a race circuit.

I stand by everything I said. The Button incident was more 50/50, with the conditions getting a big portion of the blame, but I still think Hamilton was truly at fault for spinning Webber.

Besides, my comments were more aimed at McLaren as a team - Hamilton IS becoming a liability for them. Time and again he's pushing the boundaries too far, costing the team points in the process and if he doesn't sort it out then I'd be considering replacing him with another driver, personally. I like his driving style, but he's making more and more mistakes these days. In the previous race to this, he undertook a ridiculous passing move on the first corner at Monaco towards the end of the grand prix, causing another driver (can't remember who) to crash into the wall. He just can't carry on driving with such reckless abandon.

Like I said, I love the guy and what he brings to the sport. But if he wasn't English, I'd probably see him as no more than a dirty cheat - like Schumacher at his worst.

Hamilton is the best overtaker and arguably the best racer on the grid, People seem to forget he's still only 25. He does the vast majority of passing on the grid so you have to expect that sometimes he's going to make a mistake, i dont want him too change! thats why i love him so much, He takes risks sometimes they work sometimes they dont.

Hamilton is the best overtaker and arguably the best racer on the grid' date=' People seem to forget he's still only 25. He does the vast majority of passing on the grid so you have to expect that sometimes he's going to make a mistake, i dont want him too change! thats why i love him so much, He takes risks sometimes they work sometimes they dont.[/quote']

Second to only Rubens Barrichello, obviously! ;D

There wasn't plenty of room. If there was' date=' there wouldn't have been a crash.

Perhaps Button didn't see him but I still believe the majority of the blame lies with Hamilton. He went for space which wasn't there; hence Button's frustrated radio call.

I like Hamilton but I agree with Andy that he's taking unnecessary risks and ultimately paying the penalty. I heard something on the commentary that he's done 10% of the overtaking this season of everyone which is massive. However, he's under investigation most races now and is racking up the penalties. Today's is especially ridiculous considering it wasn't even a rival he was attempting to get past.

Out of interest, do you drive? Crash into the back of anyone and the blame lies with you. Don't see why it'd be that different on a race circuit.[/quote']

Of course there was plenty of room - they crashed because Button cut into him. There was nearly two cars width when Hamilton made the move.

Watch it again......

How can you compare driving a car to racing??

Hamilton is the best overtaker and arguably the best racer on the grid' date=' People seem to forget he's still only 25. He does the vast majority of passing on the grid so you have to expect that sometimes he's going to make a mistake, i dont want him too change! thats why i love him so much, He takes risks sometimes they work sometimes they dont.[/quote']

Kobiayshi? :D - To me he's the best racer on the grid , he's certaintly the most entertaining!

I stand by everything I said. The Button incident was more 50/50' date=' with the conditions getting a big portion of the blame, but I still think Hamilton was truly at fault for spinning Webber.

Besides, my comments were more aimed at McLaren as a team - Hamilton IS becoming a liability for them. Time and again he's pushing the boundaries too far, costing the team points in the process and if he doesn't sort it out then I'd be considering replacing him with another driver, personally. I like his driving style, but he's making more and more mistakes these days. In the previous race to this, he undertook a ridiculous passing move on the first corner at Monaco towards the end of the grand prix, causing another driver (can't remember who) to crash into the wall. He just can't carry on driving with such reckless abandon.

Like I said, I love the guy and what he brings to the sport. But if he wasn't English, I'd probably see him as no more than a dirty cheat - like Schumacher at his worst.[/quote']

He lost grip at the vital time in terrible conditions. How is that his fault? Racing incident, even Webber agrees...

Making more and more mistakes? Besides Monaco, I can barely remember any other "mistakes", certainly no more than your average racer makes.

And he's 2nd in the Championship, ie best of the rest. He's beating Button in the same car. How does that make him a liability? How is that costing the team?

"Cheat". Wow. That's a new one. Proof? Or just another unfounded allegation?