Some Basic Suggestions regarding finances

Hello, everyone I have been an ardent follower of this game and will remain as it's member. But sometimes SoccerManager turns out to be a bit boring as there is nothing to do except transfers and saving match tactics. According to me, SM management should allow managers more control over their club's finances. If SM is not made interesting enough, then it might lose many members due to boredom. Anyways, my suggestions are:

1) Managers should have access to signing sponsers and other Tv revenues.Sponsors may be fictitious companies or real ones, doesn't matter. Those will be accordingly available by the club's performances and number of star players in the squad. We all know more the stars, more the sponsors.The companies can propse different sponsorship deals such as length of the contract ie 1 season 2 seasons etc Performance based i.e they must finish in the top 10, top 6, top 3 etc. Or they must gain promotion, or not get relegated. If the team fulfil the criteria then a bonus will be paid by the sponsor for completing that criteria.

Different sums of initial cash for the sponsorship deal. I.e. one company may offer you a higher amount of initial cash for taking up the deal but the criteria set to complete the deal is more challenging for example they must win the league etc. If the criteria is not met then the company can reclaim back a %of the initial lump sum of cash that was paid to the club. This will make the game more realistic and interesting.

2) At present the only thing we can spend money on is the purchase of players! Why not be able to spend money on improved medical facilities, improved recovery times from injuries and slightly improved fitness times.

3) Managers should be able to adjust the ticket prices of the stadiums. They should also be allowed to increase stadium capacity with the help of the funds and balance of the club.

I hope the other members will support me and help SM develop. The above suggestions will help SM to become more popular and interesting.

Thank You

Re: Some Basic Suggestions regarding finances

Hello' date=' everyone I have been an ardent follower of this game and will remain as it's member. But sometimes SoccerManager turns out to be a bit boring as there is nothing to do except transfers and saving match tactics. According to me, SM management should allow managers more control over their club's finances. If SM is not made interesting enough, then it might lose many members due to boredom. Anyways, my suggestions are:

1) Managers should have access to signing sponsers and other Tv revenues.Sponsors may be fictitious companies or real ones, doesn't matter. Those will be accordingly available by the club's performances and number of star players in the squad. We all know more the stars, more the sponsors.The companies can propse different sponsorship deals such as length of the contract ie 1 season 2 seasons etc Performance based i.e they must finish in the top 10, top 6, top 3 etc. Or they must gain promotion, or not get relegated. If the team fulfil the criteria then a bonus will be paid by the sponsor for completing that criteria.

Different sums of initial cash for the sponsorship deal. I.e. one company may offer you a higher amount of initial cash for taking up the deal but the criteria set to complete the deal is more challenging for example they must win the league etc. If the criteria is not met then the company can reclaim back a %of the initial lump sum of cash that was paid to the club. This will make the game more realistic and interesting.

2) At present the only thing we can spend money on is the purchase of players! Why not be able to spend money on improved medical facilities, improved recovery times from injuries and slightly improved fitness times.

3) Managers should be able to adjust the ticket prices of the stadiums. They should also be allowed to increase stadium capacity with the help of the funds and balance of the club.

I hope the other members will support me and help SM develop. The above suggestions will help SM to become more popular and interesting.

Thank You[/quote']

All three of these sound like great ideas, I really hope someone from SM can see this because any one if not all of them ideas were put in place then I would never come off it! :)

Excellent Idea' date=' Ankur. I should also like to have extra control over my club. Nevertheless, hope the SM community see this and take it into their acccount.

Have a nice day![/quote']

I doubt if they ever do check these forums. Taking into account the number of suggestions they get every now and then, it will take years to implement even a few changes.

I think the reason why the vast majority of people like SM is the exact reasons you are perhaps finding it boring - the simplicity of it. Personally speaking, I haven't the time nor the inclination to mess about with finances, sponsorship etc. Your point 2) is similar to something I suggested about 2-3 years ago when I joined. But having now played the game for a while, I see it's probably not appropriate and would benefit the richer clubs and add to their already vast advantages over the smaller clubs. I also don't feel that possible eventual consequences of increasing stadium sizes ike you have proposed will benefit the game e.g Waford having a larger stadium than Man Utd for example may be possible with your suggestions after some time.

Whilst there's nothing wrong with your ideas and other games incorporate similar ideas (FM for example) :), I'm not sure there's a need for it in SM, personally. I don't think SM loses members due to inability to control finances ticket prices etc, rather it gains more members everyday due to the simplicity of it. The ever increasing membership number is partial evidence of this.

PS Having multiple forums accounts is not permitted on the forum :eek:

i know what you are saying, but there are games out there you can buy n play that have these features. The appeal to me of SM is that i didnt have the hassle of keeping staff lists or sponsorship etc etc. The emphisis on scouting REAL LIFE form of players and building suads, bringing in rising talent seperates this management sim from every other version ive played or own. I just think when SM turns into Football Manager or Champ Man, it will loose its appeal... slightly. Plus when you have too much influence on the player, it will loose its connection with real life form and the uniqueness of SM will disappear.

But as i said I understand what you mean, I just wouldnt like like it

thanks

firstly, why are suddenly all the "new" members joining that i have never heard of to support this idea ? strange..........

and as smartdoc said i like SM for the simplicity. if you want to play that go buy football manager :)

media interviews, with no result just for other managers to see and respond too would be nice. that is as far as i go with this.

hahaha ankur has created multiple acounts here i think,:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:,anyway we like sm cause its simple i cant all week be tied for sm 24 h every day i just wanna log see results and do transfers and thats it,:eek::eek::eek:

Excellent Idea' date=' Ankur. I should also like to have extra control over my club. Nevertheless, hope the SM community see this and take it into their acccount.

Have a nice day![/quote']

I doubt if they ever do check these forums. Taking into account the number of suggestions they get every now and then' date=' it will take years to implement even a few changes.[/quote']

Its a nice Idea, don't think its a cause for multiple personality's though :P

Transfer windows can be had in custom set ups .

If you manage a small club you have to read into your finances so you see sponsors ,gate receipts but you do not have any control over them which would be great but only as an extra like the transfer window to be added to custom set ups not just added as a whole as some players aren't into all the Lma sort of stuff .

---------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ankur Saha

I doubt if they ever do check these forums. Taking into account the number of suggestions they get every now and then, it will take years to implement even a few changes.

Quote:

Biswamoy Saha

Well, to me it is a nice suggestion and I think the Sm will make some changes in it in the future. These will make the game a sheer addiction.

By any chance do you two have the same mum .:)

Transfer windows can be had in custom set ups .

If you manage a small club you have to read into your finances so you see sponsors ' date='gate receipts but you do not have any control over them which would be great but only as an extra like the transfer window to be added to custom set ups not just added as a whole as some players aren't into all the Lma sort of stuff .

---------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by [i']Ankur Saha [/i]

Quote:

Biswamoy Saha

Well, to me it is a nice suggestion and I think the Sm will make some changes in it in the future. These will make the game a sheer addiction.

By any chance do you two have the same mum .:)

never mind the same mum, I bet they have the same feet :P