January 31st 2011 Deadline Day Tranfers/Rumours

AlexHSafc

Re: January 31st 2011 Deadline Day Tranfers/Rumours

At long last, I can give you an update on Fernando Torres' switch to Chelsea. Well, an explanation on why it hasn't progressed for the last few hours. BBC Sport understands that the delay with the deal is down to a hitch in negotiations about the mechanics of his Stamford Bridge contract, concerning image rights etc.

ah sorry lol i didnt look when i posted - just the heat of the moment :)

Lol its ok mate.

Hey ive got a little theory on Liverpool and Carrol, that its not real, I

Think its just a cover up, like Chity did with Robinho as I think that sort of money for Carrol is bonkers!

DONE DEALS: A couple of Championship signings to fill you in on: Leeds have signed Manchester City reserve keeper David Gonzalez on loan until the end of the season, while Leicester say they are bringing in Nigerian Daniel Uchechi, also on loan, subject to Football League approval.

DONE DEALS: A couple of Championship signings to fill you in on: Leeds have signed Manchester City reserve keeper David Gonzalez on loan until the end of the season' date=' while Leicester say they are bringing in Nigerian Daniel Uchechi, also on loan, subject to Football League approval.[/quote']

Shay given to Leicester aswell mate

: Yep, the BBC has just had confirmation that Newcastle did reject Liverpool's second bid of £35m for Andy Carroll. BUT we understand that will not be the end of the matter... If and when a third bid is made, we will let you know. Carroll is apparently keen on the move, remember.

Cheers mate keep me up to date with Carroll and Torres details please I no a little but I'm not in the house ATM

: Yep, the BBC has just had confirmation that Newcastle did reject Liverpool's second bid of £35m for Andy Carroll. BUT we understand that will not be the end of the matter... If and when a third bid is made, we will let you know. Carroll is apparently keen on the move, remember.

: Yep' date=' the BBC has just had confirmation that Newcastle did reject Liverpool's second bid of £35m for Andy Carroll. BUT we understand that will not be the end of the matter... If and when a third bid is made, we will let you know. Carroll is apparently keen on the move, remember.[/quote']

Wow, thats three times Ive seen that message, four if I count reading it on the BBC website as well.

A striker HAS left Newcastle today. But not THAT one, yet. According to BBC Newcastle, 24-year-old Spanish striker Xisco has brought his deeply disappointing two-and-a-half year stint on Tyneside to an end and re-signed for Deportivo La Coruna after just 11 appearances and one goal for the Magpies.

Wow' date=' thats three times Ive seen that message, four if I count reading it on the BBC website as well.[/quote']

I thought this was the BBC Live Transfer Deadline Day Feed! So many pointless posts that we can all see as we are all watching it too....

Edit - Andy Carroll has handed in a transfer request and its been accepted.

TORRES UPDATE :

Fernando Torres appears to be on the verge of moving to Chelsea for a fee in the region of £50m. Reports this morning had the Spain striker in a helicopter travelling to Chelsea for talks although there have also been reports that he's in Liverpool negotiating better terms at Anfield. A move to Stamford Bridge still looks the most likely outcome.

For Sunderland fans concerned about Jordan Henderson leaving they will be pleased to hear that Steve Bruce is highly confident the Black Cats will be able to retain his services

He won't leave I don't think now, no matter what terms. What he needs is to stay with us, until something goes bad. I can't see anything going bad anytime soon for us.