MANCHESTER United have won the £20million scramble for the signature of Sunderland’s emerging England international Jordan Henderson.

The 20-year-old, who earned his first senior cap in November’s Wembley friendly against France, has attracted a number of Premier League admirers including Manchester City and Chelsea.

But Sunderland boss Steve Bruce, currently in talks over a new contract to reward his outstanding work on Wearside, believes attacking midfielder Henderson,, is bound for Old Trafford in the summer.

Bruce’s special relationship with his former boss Sir Alex Ferguson has helped swing the deal United’s way.

The exact details of the transfer have yet to be finalised but both Sunderland and the player have indicated that Old Trafford will be Henderson’s destination.

United could offer North East born Michael Carrick as part of the deal but it is believed that Bruce would prefer Ferguson to allow him to keep on-loan Danny Welbeck.

But the United boss believes that Welbeck can use his season long loan experience to spark a successful career with his parent club and is reluctant to part with the striker.

Looks like Henderson is value for money, just bought him as a free agent in one of my leagues for nearly a quater of what Utd are prepared to pay for him! Good financial investment i would say!

Re: Jordan Henderson

So Liverpool pay 35m for Carroll we have to pay 20m for Henderson' date=' sod that we can better priced players abroad and with us already in so much debt why throw all out when we can get better for cheaper..[/center']

I don't think United will pay £20m for Henderson, but then again after last night, you never know.

MANCHESTER United have won the £20million scramble for the signature of Sunderland’s emerging England international Jordan Henderson.

The 20-year-old' date=' who earned his first senior cap in November’s Wembley friendly against France, has attracted a number of Premier League admirers including Manchester City and Chelsea.

But Sunderland boss Steve Bruce, currently in talks over a new contract to reward his outstanding work on Wearside, believes attacking midfielder Henderson,, is bound for Old Trafford in the summer.

Bruce’s special relationship with his former boss Sir Alex Ferguson has helped swing the deal United’s way.

The exact details of the transfer have yet to be finalised but both Sunderland and the player have indicated that Old Trafford will be Henderson’s destination.

United could offer North East born Michael Carrick as part of the deal but it is believed that Bruce would prefer Ferguson to allow him to keep on-loan Danny Welbeck.

But the United boss believes that Welbeck can use his season long loan experience to spark a successful career with his parent club and is reluctant to part with the striker.

Looks like Henderson is value for money, just bought him as a free agent in one of my leagues for nearly a quater of what Utd are prepared to pay for him! Good financial investment i would say![/quote']

I believe this is still just a rumour, and given the inaccuracies in the report (Attacking Midfielder :confused: not a chance!!) I would wait until the summer!! I have already wrote several reports on Henderson on other threads... in summary... watching him every week as I do, he's not good enough for Man Utd!!

I have watched him play a number of times.He is good ' date='but IMO he will never be a regular in a top 4 team. I have not brought him in any of my teams.:;)[/quote']

Yeah I certainly don't see what Bruce sees. I think he is just trying to inflate his price, which I suppose you can't blame him for.