Bulgarian A Liga Predictions

Toon

Edit - These stats are NOT updated due to current stats (2nd February, so they are nearly two months out). As I say, do please make sure you check things out where possible before acting on these. If you want to request confirmation on a player, send me a message and I'll try my best to help!

For some updated risers not listed here, see this post by Trent, he has some valuable up to date info.

I've been playing SM for a while now. Up until now I've tended to do my own research and then use the forums to see if others agree with my conclusions. However, I fancied having a go at doing my own predictions. I decided to go with the Bulgarian league since that was the first one I remember being reviewed following my return to SM. Please bare in mind this is my first ever attempt to collate predictions this and reach a definite conclusion so be forgiving.

All of my predictions are solely from stats. I'll follow the current order of the rankings, I'll stick to just predicting risers for now...

271.jpg

Litex Lovetch

Petar Zanev - 83 >>> 85/84 84 - Credit to nicholasbig96 - warning - less certain so a tad risky, but does have a chance of this rare big rise.

Aleksandar Tsvetkov - 75 >>> 78 78

Momcil Tsvetanov - 75 >>> 77 77

Georgi Milanov - 78 >>> 82/81 80

Nikolay Bodurov - 82 >>> 82/83 83

156.jpg

Levski Sofia

Plamen Iliev - 75 >>> 80/79 78(Edit 29/03/11 - Has now started two games for Levski, so slightly better rise)

Dustley Mulder - 80 >>> 8283

Daniel Mladenov - 80 >>> 82 82

Garra Dembele - 80 >>> 83/84 84

Vladimir Gadzhev - 83 >>> 84/83 83

730.jpg

Lokmotiv Sofia

Vadislav Romanov - 75 >>> 80/81 80

Milan Lahchev - 78 >>> 80/81 80

Ivalyo Dimitrov - 78 >>> 82 80

Boyan Peykov - 80 >>> 82 83

Rumen Goranov - 80 >>> 82/83 80 - Credit to Trent

4494.jpg

Chernomorets Burgas

Enis Hajri - 78 >>> 80 80

Ricardo Andre - 80 >>> 82 81

Orlin Starokin - 82 >>> 83/8482

2259.jpg

Lokomotiv Plovdiv

Gabor Eros - 75 >>> 77 78

Youness Bengelloun - 77 >>> 80 80

Kostadin Gadzhalov - 77 >>> 79/80 77

Valeri Georgiev - 77 >>> 80 78

Basile de Carvalho - 78 >> 80/81 80

Florian Lucchini 80 >>> 82/81 80

208.jpg

ZSKA Sofia

*Ivan Bandalovski - 81 >>> 83* 82 - Credit to Trent

Gergory Nelson - 77 >>> 7980

Giuseppe Aquaro - 80 >>> 82/81 82

Aleksandar Tonev - 80 >>> 81 82

Rumen Trifonov - 82 >>> 83/84 83

675.jpg

Slavia Sofia

Stefano Kunchev - 75 >>> 80 78

Nikolay Bozhov - 78 >>> 80 80

Victor Deniran - 79 >>> 80/81 79

Viktor Genev - 80 >>> 82/83 80

6764.jpg

PFC Beroe

Teodor Skorchev - 75 >>> 77/78 77 - (PFC's veteran keeper Ilchev appears to have recently retired, so Skorchev could well be the new number one for them, meaning he would likely to rise to 80, depending when the Bulgarian league is done.)

Stanislav Bechev - 77 >>> 80/79 80

Zdravko Iliev - 78 >>> 79/80 78

Vladislav Zlatinov - 78 >>> 80 78

Todor Hristov - 80 >>> 81/82 80

967.jpg

Cherno More Varna

Marco Tiago - 76 >>> 80/79 78

Doncho Atanson - 78 >>> 79/80 78

Aleksandar D. Aleksandrov - 80 >>> 82 82

Daniel Dimov - 80 >>> 82 80 (Since transferred to Levski)

24078.jpg

FK Montana

Hristov Ivanov - 78 >>> 79/80

Tihomir Trifonov - 78 >>> 79/80 78

Atanas Chepilov - 79 >>> 80/81 79

19781k.jpg

FK Kaliakra

Chetin Sadula - 78 >>> 80 78

Martin Dimov - 78 > 79/80 78

21253k.jpg

FK Akademik Sofia

Pieter Mbemba - 76 >>> 78 77

Ivan Ivanov - 76 >>> 79/80 77

Martin Sechkov - 78 >>> 79/80 (Now at Slavia, all minutes at Akademik)

19215.jpg

Minyor Pernik

Daniel Zlatkov - 78 >>> 79/80 78

521.jpg

PFC Pirin

Aleksandar Dyulgerov - 75 >>> 77/76 75

Aleksandar Yakimov - 75 >>> 77/78 77

Yanko Sandanski - 78 >>> 79/80 78

Sliven OFK 2000

Evgeni Karamanov - 75 >>> 77 77

As I say, this is my first attempt to actually do wide predictions, so any constructive feedback would be appreciated. :)

Re: Bulgarian A Liga Predictions

Nice effort' date=' I would say that a few players are misspelled, and I think you have erred on the conservative side with the ratings, but a good effort non the less. :)[/quote']

I appreciate the feedback. Regarding mis-spellings, I took the names from Transfermrkt as opposed to SM so perhaps they are different between the two sites, it wouldn't be the first time!

Your comment on my predictions is also fair, with the 'tighter' changes we've begun to see of late and the fact that the Bulgarian league is perhaps one of the 'smaller' leagues I thought it best to avoid being optimistic to be safe. I'll perhaps try and be slightly more positive in future.:)

I appreciate the feedback. Regarding mis-spellings' date=' I took the names from Transfermrkt as opposed to SM so perhaps they are different between the two sites, it wouldn't be the first time!

Your comment on my predictions is also fair, with the 'tighter' changes we've begun to see of late and the fact that the Bulgarian league is perhaps one of the 'smaller' leagues I thought it best to avoid being optimistic to be safe. I'll perhaps try and be slightly more positive in future.:)[/quote']

No, don't be optimistic or whatever regarding the changes. It will still get through, those who will rise, I would have Dembele to a +5 easily, Milanov from past season's account as well as now as 82 or something. Some ratings give a +5 from 75 for someone who probably got introduced in the first place as a new player during their changes at some point. Anyways, back to the Michael Palin travel show. :)

This is actually the first decent attempt to review the Bulgarian leagues and I must say 99% of the risers are spot on - maybe some will rise by more, but you're right that they'll be driving forward anyway.

When doing your review it's also worthwhile to see who's got call ups for the Bulgarian national team - some newcomers to it like Boyan Peykov and Daniel Dimov might get a 1 or 2 more purely because of that. Before Lotar Mattheus it was close to impossible for a Lokomotiv Sofia or Cherno more player to get in the national team - it was a reserved place for Levski, CSKA players and the so called "foreigners" - the Bulgarians that play abroad.

In any case, good work, so far I've mostly done reviews on players from the top 5-6 clubs and only looked lower in the table if there's a major riser.

P.S.: on Mihail Aleksandrov from Akademik - don't waste your money. He's gone to the oil-rich "B" group side Ludogorets and will not rise soon. Ludogorets have a sugar-daddy chairman and has been making the best transfers [maybe in Bulgaria as whole] - getting a proved targetman like Todor Kolev from Slavia, the winger Dimo Atanasov from Lokomotiv Sofia, the already mentioned Mihail and many, many high-rated talents and prospects. Needless to say, they'll be added to the DB next season when they logically promote.

• 1 month later...

Edit - These stats are NOT updated due to current stats (2nd February, so they are nearly two months out). As I say, do please make sure you check things out where possible before acting on these. If you want to request confirmation on a player, send me a message and I'll try my best to help!

Good effort.

But from a riser hunting standpoint' date=' this looks very unpromising. Almost no one seems worth buying (aside from maybe Garra). Surely that can't be right?[/quote']

Maybe in uncompetitive set-ups but in a competitive set-up I have found a few of these useful. Guess it depends on your needs...

Good effort.

But from a riser hunting standpoint' date=' this looks very unpromising. Almost no one seems worth buying (aside from maybe Garra). Surely that can't be right?[/quote']

I think Stefano KUNCHEV looks good too mate.

EDIT: Maybe Plamen Iliev too but I saw on Soccerway he hasn't played much since being transferred. You guys think this will affect his rise?

Good effort.

I went through every team and their players and these what I found. I didn't come across many players I felt were going to be magnificent risers. Stefano Kunchev, Georgi Milanov and Garra Dembele are the main ones for me (there are others who I've given +3s and +4s though). As I said, I'm trying to be cautious, there's no point in me predicting massive risers because people will only come back and tell me how disappointed they are. In a sense, my predictions are what I think their minimum rise will be, they might go higher, but I don't think they'll get any less than I've said. SM have also become harsher with their ratings now, and I'm trying to reflect that.

As I say, by all means research into these players yourself, see if you think I have been far too careful. Dembele might get 84, Kunchev might get 82, but I'm not certain of that, but I am certain they'll get 83 and 80 at the very least, which does highlight that they are going to be the best risers. The point is, I have made a list that indicates which players are going up. If I've already predicted a +5 for someone, that's already a good jump, and he might go up by more. I'm as much just pointing people in the right direction of the best risers as I am trying to give 100% accurate predictions since I'm not clued in to exactly how the researchers are going to regard Bulgaria.

But, you aren't going to get any massive risers in this league, after all you will rarely see anyone jumping much above 83 except for the biggest stars.

I think Stefano KUNCHEV looks good too mate.

EDIT: Maybe Plamen Iliev too but I saw on Soccerway he hasn't played much since being transferred. You guys think this will affect his rise?

He was first choice keeper for his previous club, but they weren't a top side (bottom in fact), which I why I predicted a 79 maximum. However, he has now started two games for Levski, a better team so he might be in for a better rise, and I've added 80 to his target. Can't see him going higher this time around, but if he becomes the first choice at Levski next season, he'll rise to about 83/82 next changes, so certainly worth a 'pop'.

Just looking for some confirmation really:

Ex-Portsmouth star Todorov I see is back in Bulgaria with 635mins (7 starts and 8 sub appearances and 5 goals) The average of the Litex team looks to be around 83/84 (more towards the 83) So is 79-> 81/82 an overly pessimistic prediction?

(My dilemma: I'm in two minds whether to pursue him, cash is tight and every rating point counts so if he's going to struggle to get the 82 I might look elsewhere so a second opinion would be nice :))

I initially doubted he'll make 82 in all honesty. I can only see him getting 80 maybe 81. Of those 7 starts, five of them were quite early in the season (Gameweek 2-6, now in GW19) and saw him subbed increasingly early. Since then he's only been a starter twice, and again was subbed, which suggests to me that, despite his five goals he hasn't been performing. He also missed gameweeks 16,17 and 18.

But, what makes me doubt my assertion a little is that he is still their third top scorer, and given that they are top of the league, I have to wonder whether his goals tally will outweigh the fact that he is not a starter and actually has played a poor number of minutes. What also muddies the waters is that he actually has the most minutes of any strikers in the Litex squad! The only one ahead of him has now joined Nimes in France.

I'm really not sure, I'm sorry I can't be more concrete but I really don't know what to make of it. Although what I can tell you, is that 82 is most certainly not assured. There's certainly a chance he could get to it, but also a chance that he might only get 80/81, I don't know.

Can you not get Garra Dembele of Levski? He should reach 83 at least.

Re: Respuesta: Bulgarian A Liga Predictions

Milanov should rise to 82/83!

Why?:

He plays at the first team Bulgaria A Liga (Litex Lovech)

852 minutes

1 Goal

Only 19 years old.

* if he didn´t rise to 82(I doubt it)' date=' I would keep because it´s a good prospect. :)[/quote']

Did you take the time look at my ratings again after the last time two months ago, I changed it yesterday.;) No higher than 82 though.

I initially doubted he'll make 82 in all honesty. I can only see him getting 80 maybe 81. Of those 7 starts' date=' five of them were quite early in the season (Gameweek 2-6, now in GW19) and saw him subbed increasingly early. Since then he's only been a starter twice, and again was subbed, which suggests to me that, despite his five goals he hasn't been performing. He also missed gameweeks 16,17 and 18.

But, what makes me doubt my assertion a little is that he is still their third top scorer, and given that they are top of the league, I have to wonder whether his goals tally will outweigh the fact that he is not a starter and actually has played a poor number of minutes. What also muddies the waters is that he actually has the most minutes of any strikers in the Litex squad! The only one ahead of him has now joined Nimes in France.

I'm really not sure, I'm sorry I can't be more concrete but I really don't know what to make of it. Although what I can tell you, is that 82 is most certainly not assured. There's certainly a chance he could get to it, but also a chance that he might only get 80/81, I don't know.

Can you not get Garra Dembele of Levski? He should reach 83 at least.[/quote']

No need to apologise, excellent in-depth explanation, much of which I did not know beforehand. Basically he's an even bigger risk to bank on 82 than I initially imagined so cheers for that.

It's a highly competitive set-up, hence why I'm even considering Todorov so Dembele went a long time ago but that's not to worry.