Bulgarian A Liga Predictions

Toon

Re: Bulgarian A Liga Predictions

Don't waste your breath on Dechev. He's also gone on loan to Ludogorets - a "B" side team which on previous occasions I already mentioned have a sugar daddy chairman and they're on their way to "A" group. Legend has it that during a poker game, Domuschiev [the sugar daddy] said to the team's coach "if you want Marquinhos [CSKA's playmaker and best player], I'll bring him, 500 000 dollars aren't a problem" :D Next year Ludogorets will be instant title chasers, so be careful not to miss out on their stars.

Back on topic, in Ludogorets' 6:0 walkover against Dobrudzha, Dechev only managed a sub appearance for the last 24 minutes. Even though Ludogorets would easily be a mid-table side in "A" group with this crop of players, I think that Dechev will fade away if he doesn't establish himself soon.

Bandalovski from CSKA is a great new shout. The talented right back who came from the Levski youth team and also had spells with Feyenoord and Litex is Radukanov's first choice in The Reds defence. Competitor Minev left to his favorite Botev [currently in 3rd devision] after Radukanov dismissed his request for first-team spot. Even more, Bandalovski featured in the Bulgarian squad for the qualifier against Switzerland [0:0] and friendly against Cypus [1:0]. With him currently standing at 81, he's pretty much sure to increase at 83 [at least] and in one-two seasons perhaps a transfer abroad.

I would be a bit more optimistic on Romanov's increase from 75, seeing he didn't miss a game for The Railroadmen this season. 80 would be just.

Basile de Carvalho won't be playing football anytime soon. Levski denied signing him, while Lokomotiv Plovdiv claim otherwise, so now it's up to FIFA to decide. Even with his shoulder injury now gone, it may take quite some time until FIFA come up with a solution.

Marco Tiago from Cherno More [76 rated], should rise more. Even though he appeared as a sub in the 1:0 win against CSKA, he has featured in around 12-14 games, racking more than 1000 minutes on the pitch. 80-81 seems more fair.

These ratings haven't been updated since I originally did them (I haven't the time to go through the league again) a couple of months ago so I appreciate you taking the time to offer some updates.:) At least it's a case of my predictions being too small, rather than too much.:P

I'll change Romanov and Tiago now though, I certainly agree they have continued to do enough to earn those changes in the last few months since I last looked at them. Bandalovski is a good spot, I don't think he had been involved when I was doing these, or he hadn't had enough minutes for me to take note at any rate.

A co-worker of mines joked that for the last year he has more match practice than Bandalovski, so no wonder you didn't spot him - it all came up since CSKA's 3:1 derby win over Levski which turned things around. He's been on the rise since.

In the Loko Sofia side, you should maybe also add Rumen Goranov, who's now been an integral part of their midfield for a few seasons, so he should also move up by 2 or even 3.

Jemal Johnson [currently rated 77] played 5 games after signing for The Railroadmen and he should get a small increase by 1 or 2 this time around, while he maybe looking at 82-83 on the next rating changes. After Genkov and Asamoah left Lokomotiv, Johnson is the next best thing for them since joining in the winter transfers season.

Erison Baiano [rated 76] is having the same case at Slavia [415 minutes for 5 games], so with him being 30yo, he should also get a little bump.

Marko Vidovic [rated 77] - one of Levski's new signings and former Montenegro U21 national, appears to be a rotation player on The Blues' attacking wings [3 games, 251 minutes]. More of a long-term buy, doubt he would get more than a 1 increase this time around due to the small amount of time he had before the current rating changes. Future 81-82 player for sure, though.

Kalin Shtarkov [rated 75] - from Levski currently on loan at Vidima, he's played 5 games and 450 minutes for them, while also getting one league cap and one Europa League match [1:0 win against Sporting] with Levski. After his performance against Sporting many Blues fans were aggrieved that he was given on loan, since he really gave his heart out for the team. Likely to go up by 2 or 3]. Great long-term buy for a smaller club.

Kostadin Stoyanov [rated 84], Spas Delev [rated 83] and Boris Galchev [rated 82] should increase by one due to their indispensible status for The Reds and also international call ups [stoyanov and Delev started against Switzerland]. Delev might even go up by 2, since a lot of European clubs are looking at him since his goal against Porto, but it's a much lesser chance for that.

P.S.: I'm updating this thread and not mine since it's better structured with the ratings given on the first page ;) Cheers, Toon :D

A co-worker of mines joked that for the last year he has more match practice than Bandalovski' date=' so no wonder you didn't spot him - it all came up since CSKA's 3:1 derby win over Levski which turned things around. He's been on the rise since.

In the Loko Sofia side, you should maybe also add Rumen Goranov, who's now been an integral part of their midfield for a few seasons, so he should also move up by 2 or even 3.

Jemal Johnson [currently rated 77'] played 5 games after signing for The Railroadmen and he should get a small increase by 1 or 2 this time around, while he maybe looking at 82-83 on the next rating changes. After Genkov and Asamoah left Lokomotiv, Johnson is the next best thing for them since joining in the winter transfers season.

Erison Baiano [rated 76] is having the same case at Slavia [415 minutes for 5 games], so with him being 30yo, he should also get a little bump.

Marko Vidovic [rated 77] - one of Levski's new signings and former Montenegro U21 national, appears to be a rotation player on The Blues' attacking wings [3 games, 251 minutes]. More of a long-term buy, doubt he would get more than a 1 increase this time around due to the small amount of time he had before the current rating changes. Future 81-82 player for sure, though.

Kalin Shtarkov [rated 75] - from Levski currently on loan at Vidima, he's played 5 games and 450 minutes for them, while also getting one league cap and one Europa League match [1:0 win against Sporting] with Levski. After his performance against Sporting many Blues fans were aggrieved that he was given on loan, since he really gave his heart out for the team. Likely to go up by 2 or 3]. Great long-term buy for a smaller club.

Kostadin Stoyanov [rated 84], Spas Delev [rated 83] and Boris Galchev [rated 82] should increase by one due to their indispensible status for The Reds and also international call ups [stoyanov and Delev started against Switzerland]. Delev might even go up by 2, since a lot of European clubs are looking at him since his goal against Porto, but it's a much lesser chance for that.

P.S.: I'm updating this thread and not mine since it's better structured with the ratings given on the first page ;) Cheers, Toon :D

I've linked to this post on the first page.:D

and petar zanev and alexandre barthe' date=' of litex?and chabib benzoukane,of levski??[/quote']

Zanev might get a +1 or a +2 if he's lucky, given five starts for Bulgaria (although he had ten before these). I'm not confident that many players, if any will rise much above 83 in the Bulgarian league though, he might, but I didn't want to list the riskier ones, since people might be disappointed to see what is a big rise for a Bulgarian emerge. That said, he has been an ever-present for Litex to be fair, and also continue to be a starter for Bulgaria, so he has a chance, I'll list him as a 'risk', given this.

Barthe has only played 986 minutes for Litex this season. At 83 he is already at the very top of the rating scale for Bulgaria, to get any higher you have to be at the very peak of your form (Dembele) or playing for your country often (like Zanev) and his minutes here are not good enough to put him at that level.

Edit - Benzoukane is set to drop, Trent has pointed out he has been dropped, not injured, so will be unlikely to keep his 83.

Benzoukane is the same. He hasn't played for Levski since gameweek 9 adding up to only 540 minutes. Admittedly he has made two appearances for Morocco (although one is only 16 minutes) but given that he has scored no goals, no assists and only made 540 minutes of league games for a team that isn't even the top one in Bulgaria he can't push above 83, which as I say is already the best rating most players can hope for in Bulgaria.

If Benzoukane is in your team - sell quickly. Ever since that fatal 9th week he was dropped to play with the youth squad but he's so glassy [or faky] that he couldn't even put 2-3 back to back apps there. I dunno if he's still in the team...

http://gong.bg/view_article.php?article_id=179113

You can use Google Translate for that page. Obviously Benzoukane is history.

If Benzoukane is in your team - sell quickly. Ever since that fatal 9th week he was dropped to play with the youth squad but he's so glassy [or faky] that he couldn't even put 2-3 back to back apps there. I dunno if he's still in the team...

http://gong.bg/view_article.php?article_id=179113

You can use Google Translate for that page. Obviously Benzoukane is history.

:P:p Not injured then, as I suspected in my reply to the question, down for a drop then!

Yeah' date=' i really want the 10k riser, anyone?[/quote']

These two might be worth a bash.

Blagoy Paskov (72) had a few sub appearances that normally wouldn't merit a rise however 75 is the new 70 so it could well happen, we'll see if he rises or not.

and Delcho Stoilov (73) but he's still cheap as he's old. had 9 substitute appearances.

Really couldn't see any other possible candidates except dechev, unless they have transferred recently and not updated on the sm real life clubs.

I wouldn't gamble on Paskov' date=' at the start of the season he joined Pirin and was released on a free in February 2011 to join "B" side Chavdar Etropole. He really should stay at 72.[/quote']

Oh! According to transfermarkt he is still at Pirin and its generally reliable, very unfortunate. Yep agreed don't buy him then as they won't even look at reviewing him.

Seeing the first few risers from Bulgaria, I think Toon's more reserved rating changes are a bit more accurate than mine...although I'm a bit disappointed in some. Stefano Kunchev only to 78 is perhaps not what I was looking for, although I hope they would be more expressible on other player's changes [like Iliev, set to rise +5 or +6].

Unfortunately it seems my conservative approach was fairly accurate on this occasion. My original rating of 80/79 for Georgi Milanov was the one I should of stuck with, and the rest of the risers have followed that curve. I made most of my mistakes with the lower clubs. I should be pleased that I was right about most of the better ones at better clubs, but in a way I'm sad, it would have been nice if I had been under-rating them, at least it would mean SM were being more generous. As it is, they seem to have been fairly limited (disappointing rise for Kunchev is the case in point).

Hopefully this thread did someone some good anyway.:)

The update on Milanov is childishly ridiculous once again, I'm starting to think that SM have a poor opinion of the Bulgarian league and perhaps are starting to drop the ratings to low 80ies for the top clubs...Milanov has been key for Litex for not just this season now and they're the bloody Bulgarian champions!

Plamen Iliev just had to be upped to 80 at least. Does the "young player of the year" award count for peanuts now?

Gadzhev and Dimov also deserved to be upped, at least by 1...