Something needs to be done about how late managers are receiving results. It was after 2.00 am before results came in last night. I play in game world 1501 which is VERY competitive with about 20-30 friends and this problem is starting to really annoy us all.

Can nothing be done to speed up the game engine?:mad:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Late Results! why is this a problem for you ? can you not wait to get your results ? it is not a big deal. i think people who, no offence intended, are moaning about SM not doing things on tim

Re: Late Results! Again... Late results at almost 2:00 am. I/We dont care weather people think its a problem because we all do. As for someone telling me to go to work or whatever... What's that abou

Re: Late Results! Hahahaha now all my game worlds are down oh well bit more time to rant! lol Actually the best thing they could do is stop making new game worlds for the moment until they have corr

Re: Late Results!

Something needs to be done about how late managers are receiving results. It was after 2.00 am before results came in last night. I play in game world 1501 which is VERY competitive with about 20-30 friends and this problem is starting to really annoy us all.

why is this a problem for you ?

can you not wait to get your results ?

it is not a big deal. i think people who, no offence intended, are moaning about SM not doing things on time need to get other things to do in their life.

watch tv. go out. work / job / something like that. go to bed.

seriously it is not a problem and delays occur in everyday life. including sm ;)

The results seem to arrive later and later as more and more game worlds are created. There are more and more results to process. It seems to be 20 minutes later every week. So in a few months results will probably arrive at 4am. I think the newest leagues are processed first.

why is this a problem for you ?

can you not wait to get your results ?

it is not a big deal. i think people who' date=' no offence intended, are moaning about SM not doing things on time need to get other things to do in their life.

watch tv. go out. work / job / something like that. go to bed.

seriously it is not a problem and delays occur in everyday life. including sm ;)[/quote']

LOL i agree, ya saddo's :P

The results seem to arrive later and later as more and more game worlds are created. There are more and more results to process. It seems to be 20 minutes later every week. So in a few months results will probably arrive at 4am. I think the newest leagues are processed first.

i have been playing for years.

results are fine.

i hope your being sarcastic.

20 mintues later per week? give me some statistical data / actual factual evidence not nonsense to prove your point.

otherwise ill counter it with this.

results come in 20 mintues earlier every week actually.

soon it will be so quick we might actually get the results instantly.

i hope your being sarcastic.

20 mintues later per week? give me some statistical data / actual factual evidence not nonsense to prove your point.

No I'm serious! This is how it is for me anyway. 6 months ago results used to come in around 21:00 GMT, now it is around 1 am. I don't have factual evidence and I'm not inventing nonsense. I'm a gold member and I'm in low number leagues which I believe are processed last. Once I was in a new league like 7000+ and the results were in around 20:20.

No I'm serious! This is how it is for me anyway. 6 months ago results used to come in around 21:00 GMT' date=' now it is around 1 am. I don't have factual evidence and I'm not inventing nonsense. I'm a gold member and I'm in low number leagues which I believe are processed last. Once I was in a new league like 7000+ and the results were in around 20:20.[/quote']

It's true some results are coming in later. I think this is because Gold Championships are being given priority - the 4 GC's I am in have have their results by 8.30 nowadays, whereas the other non-gold setups rarely come in before 11 o'clock and one, EC41 is never in before I go to bed in the early hours.

SM cannot make some simple changes in the game to make it interesting, how can it speed up it's engine???:mad:

You all moan yet you still play

:rolleyes:, theres 1000's & 1000's of setups which need to be processed, yes its annoyinh that sometimes you have to wait hours for the results but i dont see how much harm it cause. Less setups mean alot of managers might not get the chance to manage a club they wish to add to the fact that us buying setups/reserving team gives them there wage on the other hand you got this argument about later results.. comes down to you cant please everyone! :o

I agree its not a big deal but most of the older game worlds get their match reports much later compared to the newer ones i get my barcelona match report in about 25 minutes and my bayer munich gets it in about 3 hours but as i said its not problem. But again as l've said in a previous thread its a lot of coding for no reason.

I'm in GC 7 and my results usually come in before 10pm (although usually I check the next day) so your theory of older game worlds' results coming in post midnight aren't true for all game worlds.

To be fair it isn't an issue unless they come in very very late, but they aren't so I agree in that it isn't a problem right now.

It should change system to be honest,in EC 106 results vary between 11:30PM to 2:00AM,now considering this is the most popular EC in SM surely this should get priority over other results,why don't SM do a system were they can do Gold Results first like they usually do and then do results by how popular a setup is,surely it's better to give a gameworld with 80 people in it a quicker result than one with 4 or 5.

For us hard core SM players, it is frustrating. But TBH little can be done until results come in. To ease then pain, get Football Manager and play that in the meantime:D:D

• 1 month later...

Again... Late results at almost 2:00 am. I/We dont care weather people think its a problem because we all do. As for someone telling me to go to work or whatever... What's that about you moron? My point is me and my mates like to have some beers watch footy and have banter with each other when the results come in and this difficult to do when they come in at such an hour because we lose the will and the buzz. At least we're trying to make the most of the and enjoy it. Some of you lot on here are real self important condescending idiots, like your word is gospel.... You need to get over yourselves.

If you don't agree with the post or it doesn't interest you, then leave it alone. If it doesn't bother you what time the results come in then SHUT UP! It matters to some and surely if it can be fixed then its to the benifit of EVERYONE.

Jesus.

3.00AM

And no results in on any of my teams, hmmm

Again... Late results at almost 2:00 am. I/We dont care weather people think its a problem because we all do. As for someone telling me to go to work or whatever... What's that about you moron? My point is me and my mates like to have some beers watch footy and have banter with each other when the results come in and this difficult to do when they come in at such an hour because we lose the will and the buzz. At least we're trying to make the most of the and enjoy it. Some of you lot on here are real self important condescending idiots' date=' like your word is gospel.... You need to get over yourselves.

If you don't agree with the post or it doesn't interest you, then leave it alone. If it doesn't bother you what time the results come in then SHUT UP! It matters to some and surely if it can be fixed then its to the benifit of EVERYONE.

Jesus.[/quote']

Jesus has a good point members who are on here to interact with there friends at a reasonable time of the night no longer can. And to be honest 3.00AM is totally unacceptable which I will explain why at the end.

Late results are no big deal. :)

Again probably has a point' date=' it won’t be an issue to people who don’t play with there friends or don’t work or don’t have a social life or have a wife/girlfriend and so can sign in when ever they like!!!

No I'm serious! This is how it is for me anyway. 6 months ago results used to come in around 21:00 GMT, now it is around 1 am. I don't have factual evidence and I'm not inventing nonsense. I'm a gold member and I'm in low number leagues which I believe are processed last. Once I was in a new league like 7000+ and the results were in around 20:20.

He’s totally right about the gradual time increasing and I know he is as I’ve been on for some years now and because of my work and other obligations which I can set my watch by, I’ve noticed it as well.

I agree its not a big deal but most of the older game worlds get their match reports much later compared to the newer ones i get my barcelona match report in about 25 minutes and my bayer munich gets it in about 3 hours but as i said its not problem. But again as l've said in a previous thread its a lot of coding for no reason.

Though as for newer leagues being earlier use to be the case but over the last month definitely no longer applies!!!

It should change system to be honest' date='in EC 106 results vary between 11:30PM to 2:00AM,now considering this is the most popular EC in SM surely this should get priority over other results,why don't SM do a system were they can do Gold Results first like they usually do and then do results by how popular a setup is,surely it's better to give a gameworld with 80 people in it a quicker result than one with 4 or 5.[/quote']

Good point sensible idea but should be no need for it.

people want more setups because everybody wants a real madrid or job offer.

anyway just get a life. as long as the results come in by 5pm the next day find something better do with your time then SM constantly :)

not an issue for me.

Just because everyone wants Real Madrid is not a valid reason!!!

The game is becoming unplayable for some people

I don’t get home until 8.30PM so I need to put my team orders in the night before, I normally come on about 12.30AM when the Mrs has gone bed!!!!!

But of late my Monday night cup games results have not been in before I have gone bed and I’ve waited until 2.00AM, so have not been able to change my formation and tactics for SMFA competitions on Tuesday (though obviously not concerned about the match fitness! But think 4 hours after team sheets have been submitted results should be in.

Monday week I get feed up waiting and changed my team at 1.00AM Tuesday morning, though the results weren’t in. now shouldn’t of let me as team sheets need to be submitted by 8.00PM but it did!

However it did not only change my team for Tuesday but for the previous nights Cup game!!!!! Which means that data hadn’t even been processed, which suggests to me SM are cutting back on there Hardware and trying to process more with less rather than investing and improving!!!!!

As once before this happened about 18 months ago, and once results started coming in after midnight, took them a couple of months which is fair enough, but afterwards they got all results back in by 10PM again, so they can do it, but no longer choose to!!!!

The reason I said it was totally unacceptable earlier, I play in another game as well with approx 800,000 users + there Comp Teams, everyone’s results are in 105 mins after kick off every time!!!!

So it can be done!!!

Well I'm not at work this week so it's not an issue, but next week it will be again.

This is still a good game but there are several issues which are not being addresses by SM over the last few months this is just one of them, but if they are not addressed it will soon start to decline as there is a lot of competition out there now!

Personally I can't be asked to start building teams again on another game, so I will stay and hopefully they will sort it all out, if they don't then I'm sure I will just be one of many who will stop enjoying it and just call it a day!!

Still my girlfriend will be happy!!!!!

My sympathies to all who wait ... and wait .... and....

I can only imagine how you feel. I have 6 clubs and 5 aren't a problem but the other one usually arrives at AROUND1:30am (my only Weds/ Sat'day one) which most of the time is too late, so I wait while next day BUT...

... if I come home late or am just up later than usual & I see the time is nearly one ... I decide to stay up for the result, it might be early I think. Of course I end up going to Bed about 2 without the result showing up. I'm only 4/5 weeks into this OLD GW & am on a winning streak & building a good side :) So don't want to give up, but I'm seriously thinking about it. :( :(

If you don't agree with the post or it doesn't interest you' date=' then leave it alone. If it doesn't bother you what time the results come in then SHUT UP! It matters to some and surely if it can be fixed then its to the benifit of EVERYONE.

Jesus.[/quote']

people have a right to voice their opinions. you can voice your's saying that you aren't happy just as others can voice their's saying they are.

id rather SM took the time to fix or implement things of greater importance.

you need to get over yourself by suggesting other people cannot voice their opinion.

also its just a game, your post seemed quite emotional.

chill out...

I'm in GC 7 and my results usually come in before 10pm (although usually I check the next day) so your theory of older game worlds' results coming in post midnight aren't true for all game worlds.

To be fair it isn't an issue unless they come in very very late' date=' but they aren't so I agree in that it isn't a problem right now.[/quote']

SM changed the order so that GC's are processed first. All GC results are usually in by 9PM these days, no matter whether it's GC1 or GC438 (or whatever the latest one is!). EC's are processed next, I believe, and the oldest of the set-ups can come in beyond midnight. I have no idea when other set-ups are processed (i.e. World Championships, European, French, Spanish etc.), but I can imagine them coming through later still.

I don't find it an issue, personally. The results not going to be any different if you checked in the morning, are they? Why is it essential for people to see their results before they go to bed? So they can enjoy the "banter" with their mates? I presume it is impossible to enjoy this "banter" the next day....? :rolleyes:

Well its gone midnight on a Thursday now and I'm waiting for a charity Shield result so I can set my team for a super cup game on Friday!!!!

Surely they haven't got that much to process on a Thursday that they can't get results in at a reasonable time!!!! :(:(

Well its gone midnight on a Thursday now and I'm waiting for a charity Shield result so I can set my team for a super cup game on Friday!!!!

Surely they haven't got that much to process on a Thursday that they can't get results in at a reasonable time!!!! :(:(

Have you tried sending a ticket? Maybe one of the devs will give some feedback on the reason for the delays and if it is likely to improve soon.

Personally I think it's due to priority being given to Gold Championships because I'm in 4 of them and those results are usually in by 8.30.