Cleverley or Albrighton?

Ed Ob

Hello people. My first post on the forums, so be gentle.

I'm looking for some advice regarding Marc Albrighton and Tom Cleverley. Basically, I have both of them in my squad, neither of them are good enough to become first team regulars and I'm thinking:

should I offload them both now . . . ?

or offload just one . . . ?

wait and keep them both . . . ?

They're the same position (RM/Wing) with the same rating (84), same age (21) and same player value (£3.6M). Cleverley's current salary is much higher, because it was higher when I bought him.

I know they are both good prospects with bright futures ahead of them, but who will prove the better asset in SM terms?

Cheers in advance.

Ed.

Re: Cleverley or Albrighton?

Hello people. My first post on the forums' date=' so be gentle.

I'm looking for some advice regarding Marc Albrighton and Tom Cleverley. Basically, I have both of them in my squad, neither of them are good enough to become first team regulars and I'm thinking:

They're the same position (RM/Wing) with the same rating (84), same age (21) and same player value (£3.6M). Cleverley's current salary is much higher, because it was higher when I bought him.

I know they are both good prospects with bright futures ahead of them, but who will prove the better asset in SM terms?

Cheers in advance.

Ed.[/quote']

Note to all that this is how a new forumer can and should post, and why people like myself get angry with the one sentence threads about info that can be sought from 10 places.

Albrighton is the better player, and so far the better talent, guaranteed another rise and probably more after that, keep him without doubt. If Cleverly is going to amount to anything, he hasn't really shown it yet, but for all we know could also develop into a good player.

If you have to offload one, it would be Cleverly, but may I ask why you're wanting to offload?

If its a competitive/world setup, keep both. I'd only consider selling Cleverly if it was a locked league/single country championship.

I agree with Scribe but feel I should point out that Sir Alex is a very big fan of Cleverly and believes he has a future at United. At the start of the season it was allegedly 50/50 whether he would let Cleverly go as the United midfield is getting pretty old (Scholes), inconsistent (Carrick) or permacrocked (Hargreaves).

I have kept hold of him in most of my setups because I reckon he has a shout at getting a chance to be an important player for United. Whether he takes that chance is another matter...

Cheers in advance.

Ed.[/quote']

albrighton for me as he hasnt got as much competition at villa for his position whereas cleverly has got to compete with bebe, obertan, nani, valencia, giggs for a place.

albrighton for me as he hasnt got as much competition at villa for his position whereas cleverly has got to compete with bebe' date=' obertan, nani, valencia, giggs for a place.[/quote']

Well, he's on loan to Wigan Athletic at the moment and has done fairly well there. Like most Man Utd youngsters he'll fail to make the grade at Old Trafford but will move to Wigan or a club of that ilk and probably become a key player for them. That would probably push his rating up to 85/86, but that is longer term. Albrighton is certainly the better of these two at the moment, a regular starter (and star) for a better team (Aston Villa), making more contributions and with a promising international career on the horizon. He'll certainly rise to 86/87 next time, and could well keep going.

Many thanks all. Good advice and reasoning. My own instinct was pushing me towards the same conclusion (ha! I would say that!) but just wanted to be sure. I'll probably hold on to both for at least one more ratings change and then think again.

Cheers!

i have both of them too:), (although i have others i'll sell first)

and my advice would be backing up most others, as i really rate albrighton (88 this time next year), but as a MU fan i trust Fergie's judgement so would say hold onto cleaverly until next season, if he doesnt make an impact sell him

Cheers in advance.

Ed.[/quote']

I would choose Albirghton because he has already established himself as one of the most important players for Aston Villa althogh Cleverley is important to Wigan as well. However the difference is that Aston Villa is much stronger and bigger than Wigan and Albrighton is already tipped as one of the promising winger while Cleverley has not.