Wolverhampton Wanderers Thread

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers Thread

I Hope you do stay up ' date=' You have been unlucky with alot of results tbh , Not entirely sure if your best players would stay or leave , its just all about Loyalty really.[/quote']

We have played some really good football this season we just seem to lack the effectiveness we show in the centre of the pitch in the final 3rd, two tough games coming up against Man Utd and Arsenal but fingers crossed we finish the season well and pick up the points to survive. We certainly shouldnt be ib the bottom three when it comes to performances.

Guest JackWWFC

Just noticed there doesn't seem to be a Wolves thread on the site so I thought I would be the one to make one :)

So I think I'll start it off with a very troubling subject for Wolves fans everywhere' date=' do you think we have enough about ourselves to avoid the drop zone this season and if not will we be able to keep our top stars?[/quote']

Individual errors mean we deserve to go down tbh.

Why you have Karl Henry in your sig is beyond me..I think he is awful.

Nenad all the way B)

Guest JackWWFC

Aaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooouuuuuu Jacke boy.

Nice win for Wolves today.

lol yeah.

and Karl Henry was decent..for once :P

MOTD will be interesting tonight. Every team scored apart from WBA.

Individual errors mean we deserve to go down tbh.

Why you have Karl Henry in your sig is beyond me..I think he is awful.

Nenad all the way B)

Karl Henry is a top leader on the pitch and Milijas is a great player I agree

Great result for us against Man Utd, another big game at Arsenal this weekend, come on Wanderers!!

Guest JackWWFC

Karl Henry is a top leader on the pitch and Milijas is a great player I agree

Great result for us against Man Utd' date=' another big game at Arsenal this weekend, come on Wanderers!![/quote']

Pff a leader maybe. But ever since the Gomez tackle he hasn't been the same.

Pff a leader maybe. But ever since the Gomez tackle he hasn't been the same.

I have to agree he hasn't been as good since he's playing on the cautious side unfortunately and injury hasn't helped him either' date=' he played pretty poor today but so did the majority of the side to be fair, fingers crossed we beat Albion next week though.

I thought there already was a wolves thread? Me and the other championship guys tore it up with pictures of real wolves. :P.

Hope Wolves stay up though, shouldnt be were they are with the quality in there side....

From an outsiders view

I tried looking for one but couldnt find it so decided to make one :) thanks mate fingers crossed we do stay up, just need to start picking up point s against the teams in and amongst us, hopefully it can start next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh nice to see we got some wolves fans on SM forums!

What are your thoughts on the Blackpool game this saturday?

Many saying a MUST win and is helpful that their talisman Adam is out. And I agree about Henry just aint been the same since injury and THAT tackle, he was my fave player last season now looks scared of putting a tackle in now.

CMON WOLVES:D

Ahh nice to see we got some wolves fans on SM forums!

What are your thoughts on the Blackpool game this saturday?

Many saying a MUST win and is helpful that their talisman Adam is out. And I agree about Henry just aint been the same since injury and THAT tackle' date=' he was my fave player last season now looks scared of putting a tackle in now.

CMON WOLVES:D[/quote']

What a fantastic result for the boys, back to back wins at home :)

Yeah Henry seems extremely nervous about putting in a tackle now but hopefully he will put some big challenges in from now until the end of the season and scare teams into defeat.

Big game next Sunday against Spurs, thoughts? Could we make it 3 wins in our last 4 games against them a build a solid base for survival?

Hi Ho Wolverhampton!

Guest JackWWFC

Great game yesterday, was in SL3 as per.

Stearman, Berra and Elokobi were good in defence, Zubar looked shakey at times, but when Foley came on for Hammil he helped track back.

O'Hara is the best player I have seen for a while.

Edwards was good yesterday, never stopped running and had some really good creativity.

Ebanks-Blake needs to start with Doyle now, they compliment eachother really well and Blakes first goal was all down to Doyle.

Blakes 2nd goal was class, showed his finishing skills.

Great game yesterday' date=' was in SL3 as per.

Stearman, Berra and Elokobi were good in defence, Zubar looked shakey at times, but when Foley came on for Hammil he helped track back.

O'Hara is the best player I have seen for a while.

Edwards was good yesterday, never stopped running and had some really good creativity.

Ebanks-Blake needs to start with Doyle now, they compliment eachother really well and Blakes first goal was all down to Doyle.

Blakes 2nd goal was class, showed his finishing skills.[/quote']

Zubar and Edwards out for tomorrows game and no O'Hara due to his loan conditions so I think we definitely have to give SEB a start tomorrow, he is a great player and always knows his way to the back of the net I don't see why we don't start him more often, definitely deserves the chance.

Good to see Kightly back taking part in the reserves the other night, fingers crossed he can return to first team before the season end and give us that little boost in the relegation battle.

Big games this weekend in Birmingham vs Albion and West Ham vs Stoke, hopefully the results in them games can give us a helping hand.

Up the mighty Wanderers and let's make the Deano tribute one to remember just like the man himself!

R.I.P Deano!

A few disappointing results for us today in West Ham winning and also the West Brom result was the worst we could have hoped for in that game.

Now we need to beat Spurs by two or more goals to get out of the relegation zone and even if we just win by the odd goal and go above Birmingham they will have two games in hand over us.

I think tomorrow's game will finish a score draw, 2-2 would be my prediction but if we win fantastic.

Guest JackWWFC

Nothing to worry about atm.

Baggies have a REALLY hard run in, and we're playing them at Home later in the season.

WHU will stay up.

Blackpool are on the down now, so are baggies. Our run in is pretty decent.

Birmingham - Up

Wolves - Stay up

West Brom

Blackpool

Wigan

IMO

Nothing to worry about atm.

Baggies have a REALLY hard run in' date=' and we're playing them at Home later in the season.

WHU will stay up.

Blackpool are on the down now, so are baggies. Our run in is pretty decent.

Birmingham - Up

Wolves - Stay up

West Brom

Blackpool

Wigan

IMO[/quote']

Fingers crossed, to be fair West Ham have too many good players in their team with experience to go down I reckon, but if they keep Grant then they are in trouble next season, if we manage to survive this season I think we will be up for a long time, especially with the teams in contention for promotion, all reletavely easy teams to beat.

Guest JackWWFC

Fingers crossed' date=' to be fair West Ham have too many good players in their team with experience to go down I reckon, but if they keep Grant then they are in trouble next season, if we manage to survive this season I think we will be up for a long time, especially with the teams in contention for promotion, all reletavely easy teams to beat.[/quote']

IF we stay up, I can see us in Europe in 3 or 4 seasons. With the stadium development making us about 43k seater, we can be BIG.

IF we stay up' date=' I can see us in Europe in 3 or 4 seasons. With the stadium development making us about 43k seater, we can be BIG.[/quote']

I hope you're right, I would be ecstatic if we become a strong force in Europe.

Felt we was robbed by poor referee decisions today but our boys played there hearts out. A game fit for Deano.

Guest JackWWFC

I hope you're right' date=' I would be ecstatic if we become a strong force in Europe.

Felt we was robbed by poor referee decisions today but our boys played there hearts out. A game fit for Deano.[/quote']

Ref robbed us, Hutton should of been red carded for a professional foul, and there was nothing wrong with our other goal.

Fletch, Ebanks-Blake and Doyle all amongst the goals now, O'Hara is back next week. Future is bright.

Ref robbed us' date=' Hutton should of been red carded for a professional foul, and there was nothing wrong with our other goal.

Fletch, Ebanks-Blake and Doyle all amongst the goals now, O'Hara is back next week. Future is bright.[/quote']

Just seen the highlights, would love to see the ref explain why it wasnt a red card because all of the "last man", "goal scoring chance" etc etc applied to that foul.

Wolves were amazing I thought, created tons and tons of chances.

That was NEVER a foul on the GK either lol , if anything Gomes fouled the player!

Hope Wolves do stay up even tho they provided me with one of the worst nights of my life this season :P I think there a great club (even before they came into the EPL)

Great header for the 3rd goal as well

Just seen the highlights' date=' would love to see the ref explain why it wasnt a red card because all of the "last man", "goal scoring chance" etc etc applied to that foul.

Wolves were amazing I thought, created tons and tons of chances.

That was NEVER a foul on the GK either lol , if anything Gomes fouled the player!

Hope Wolves do stay up even tho they provided me with one of the worst nights of my life this season :P I think there a great club (even before they came into the EPL)

Great header for the 3rd goal as well[/quote']

The ref came out at half time and said he didn't send the player off because he didn't see it as a clear goal scoring opportunity!? Even if it wasn't (which it was) it was still last man and therefore should have been a straight red. He allowed the Spurs players to talk him out of the red. Also there was another one that they didn't show on the highlights where Gallas pulled Ebanks-Blake down being last man and again another in the last minute where Ebanks-Blake would have ran on and scored and got pulled down.

The result at your ground was amazing for us (especially with my girlfriend supporting Liverpool) lol.

Thanks for the kind words I think we will stay up this season, still got Birmingham, West Brom and Blackburn to play which based on recent performances could be 9 points quite easy, also Villa away in the next game could pick up at least a draw there. All going well we shall see you next season :)

Ref robbed us' date=' Hutton should of been red carded for a professional foul, and there was nothing wrong with our other goal.

Fletch, Ebanks-Blake and Doyle all amongst the goals now, O'Hara is back next week. Future is bright.[/quote']

Yeah our boys are starting to hit some real form now, also Kightly scoring last night for the reserves and looking very fit. Fingers crossed he should be able to come back for the end of the season and give us a huge boost but it will be tough to break back into the team for him with Hammill playing very well.

Guest JackWWFC

Yeah our boys are starting to hit some real form now' date=' also Kightly scoring last night for the reserves and looking very fit. Fingers crossed he should be able to come back for the end of the season and give us a huge boost but it will be tough to break back into the team for him with Hammill playing very well.[/quote']

Guedioura is back as well at the end of the month.