Wolverhampton Wanderers Thread

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JackWWFC

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers Thread

New to this discussion thread :) so howdy :D

Hows everybody feel about Jarvis getting a second half tonight after what happened to Doyle?

Doyle is a quick healer so not too fussed, it's a shame but Fletch can probs step up.

Jarvo would be a big miss, he's not injury prone though, generally a sound player but I'd hate it if he pulled a hammy or something.

Doyle is a quick healer so not too fussed' date=' it's a shame but Fletch can probs step up.

Jarvo would be a big miss, he's not injury prone though, generally a sound player but I'd hate it if he pulled a hammy or something.[/quote']

True, I'm just hoping Jarvis will be ok for Newcastle, because we can get all 3 points from that the way we are playing and Jarvis is going to be crucial.

i hope he does well, definetly overdue, his selection for england that is

i think we will stay up judging on recent form and a bit of finger crossing

got to admit signing o'hara on loan was a very good move and i'd be more than happy to see him sign a permanent deal if possible

(only just come across this thread so keeping it on topic as such)

i don't rate karl henry at all, he's a decent championship player but is found lacking totally every time when i see him play in the premiership

his only thing, like his forte as such was tackling/breaking up the play and since that infamous red card he can't even do that anymore, i mean he was never put there with the intentions of pinging passes to all corners of the pitch mccarthy knows this he just hasn't got the capabilities, so if he's not doing what a player of his type is expected to do then do get shown up more than say other positionally placed players

hennessey is top draw and will be for years but hahnemann needs the boot total oxygen thief

plus in my opinion we need a new spine to the team ie a new cb to go with berra, a new cm and a new proper cf

• 4 weeks later...

i hope he does well' date=' definetly overdue, his selection for england that is

i think we will stay up judging on recent form and a bit of finger crossing

got to admit signing o'hara on loan was a very good move and i'd be more than happy to see him sign a permanent deal if possible

(only just come across this thread so keeping it on topic as such)

i don't rate karl henry at all, he's a decent championship player but is found lacking totally every time when i see him play in the premiership

his only thing, like his forte as such was tackling/breaking up the play and since that infamous red card he can't even do that anymore, i mean he was never put there with the intentions of pinging passes to all corners of the pitch mccarthy knows this he just hasn't got the capabilities, so if he's not doing what a player of his type is expected to do then do get shown up more than say other positionally placed players

hennessey is top draw and will be for years but hahnemann needs the boot total oxygen thief

plus in my opinion we need a new spine to the team ie a new cb to go with berra, a new cm and a new proper cf [/font']

We definitely need a new centre back, Stearman isnt good enough and Craddock doesnt seem the same player since his injury and we always buy top strikers who can bang them in for other teams but just dont seem to be able to score for us.

Poor form of late hopefully we can pick up a vital 6 points from the next two games.

I still wouldn't count anything out, the two upcoming derbies put everything up in the air and I'd fancy Wolves to beat Blackburn on the last day with Doyle back. Horrible time for him to get injured though, it's becoming apparent how important a player he is.

Out of interest what would you do with MicMac in the summer? I've got a few mates who'd have him out even if you stayed up...

Guest JackWWFC

I still wouldn't count anything out' date=' the two upcoming derbies put everything up in the air and I'd fancy Wolves to beat Blackburn on the last day with Doyle back. Horrible time for him to get injured though, it's becoming apparent how important a player he is.

Out of interest what would you do with MicMac in the summer? I've got a few mates who'd have him out even if you stayed up...[/quote']

Keep him, people forget how much he has done.

When he took over, we had 9 first team players in the whole squad, he brough in bargains like Kights, Blakey, Iwelumo and Jarvis. Kept us up last season and nearly has this season..

Yes he makes mistakes, but what people forget is he see's the players in training every day, i'd trust him over Sam Allardyce or whoever.

I'd usually say the glass is half full, but I can't see where our next win is coming from, playing terrible, the defence is shocking, O'Hara has lost interest.

Keep him' date=' people forget how much he has done.

When he took over, we had 9 first team players in the whole squad, he brough in bargains like Kights, Blakey, Iwelumo and Jarvis. Kept us up last season and nearly has this season..

Yes he makes mistakes, but what people forget is he see's the players in training every day, i'd trust him over Sam Allardyce or whoever.

I'd usually say the glass is half full, but I can't see where our next win is coming from, playing terrible, the defence is shocking, O'Hara has lost interest.[/quote']

Aye club was a bit of a mess when Hoddle left, I think people forget that.

I was surprised how ineffective O Hara looked last night considering he ran the show at the Albion. I was convinced you'd stay up after that game actually, looked a much better side than Wigan, Blackburn or Blackpool.

Guest JackWWFC

Took this from another Wolves board.

We're in the Premier League, the toughest league in the world. We're competing, as proven by stopping up last season and beating Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa, Spurs and so on along the way. We've been in this division for 2 years. The teams we're scrapping with have FAR more experience in this league than we do, bar Blackpool. West Ham, Wigan, Birmingham City, Blackburn, them lot down the road. They've all got ALOT more experience in this division than we have, and that little bit more guile and belief than us. We can't expect to waltz into the Premier League and finish top half because we won the league 3 times 50 years ago, it doesn't work like that.

There's too much expectation at Wolves, I've said it for a long, long time. We're a relatively small club in the bigger picture, most football fans around my age have no idea about our history, and see us in the same bracket as Sheffield United, Charlton, Leicester and Wigan. We have no divine right to be in this league, and we aren't underachieving. From where we were 5 years ago to where we are now, I'd say we overachieving. I appreciate our fans passion though, and the expectation to move on to bigger and better things. Nobody wants to stand still, we all want to move forward. It takes time though. These things take time, lots of time.

To go from an average Championship side to a safe Premier League team, you have to spend a seriously large amount of money, take a lot of defeats, have plenty of bumps and knocks along the way, and see a lot more **** than good performances. We're getting there though, we're getting there. I personally think we overachieved in the Championship when we won the league. We overachieved that season, and it's made our expectations a little bit too high. This is where my discontent starts.

We won the league with a team of players with little to NO Premier League experience. I think Jody Craddock was the only one with Premier League experience, maybe Dave Jones as well. The team was made up of League One and Two players, some even from Non-League. We definitely overachieved. We had to spend money to even compete in this league. I see stupid remarks about Mick McCarthy spending "millions of pounds on rubbish players". Right then, let's have a look at it.

Kevin Doyle, £6,500,000 = Worth every penny. Don't even need to say anymore.

Marcus Hahnemann, FREE = Helped to keep us up last season. Great signing.

Nenad Milijas, £2,500,000 = Worth his price, probably the best 'footballer' in our squad. A great signing who's put in some excellent performances, scored some vital goals and would be sold for more than that.

Ronald Zubar, £2,000,000 = Worth the money, needed cover at right back. Would be sold for about same value. More to come from him as well I'm sure. Good signing.

Stephen Hunt, £3,500,000 = Wanted by pretty much every Wolves fan we've got. We lacked wingers, so we bought one. Has had some bad luck with injuries, and don't think he's even been fully fit once this season. Scored some vital goals (Blues and Chelsea I think) and still more to come from him. Good signing.

Steven Fletcher, £7,000,000 = Probably overpaid by about £3,000,000 going on this seasons performances. However, the lad is class, and will continue getting better. He's also on a 4 year deal with option of a 5th, and has claimed he has no intention of going anywhere. He's only 23, and will become one of the best players Wolves have had in years. I promise this. Good signing with ALOT more to come from him.

Steven Mouyokolo, £2,000,000 = Not Mick's greatest signing, but been very unlucky with injuries. We needed the cover. Will turn into a good player I believe, still young and inexperienced, but definitely got potential and feel he will want to prove his worth.

Adlene Guedioura, £2,500,000 = Great signing. Young, hungry, BAGS of potential. One of the best midfielders we've got and will continue to get better and better. In a couple of years there will be bigger clubs than us wanting to sign this lad.

Michael Mancienne, LOAN = Wanted by everyone. Decent cover, we needed it. Done his job at times but I'm afraid he's not a Premier League player. No money wasted, let him go back to Chelsea, we look for someone else. Move on.

Jamie O'Hara, LOAN = Wanted by everyone. Class player even though he's been poor the last few games (they all have). A good signing though.

Adam Hammill, £500,000 = Bargain. Will play for England one day. I can see him becoming one Wolves best players in recent times. Huge potential here.

You look at the players we came up with. Hennessey, Stearman, Foley, Jarvis, Kightly, Henry, Edwards, SEB etc. They were all FANTASTIC signings, and majority of them have proved their worth in the Premier League. I guarantee every single one of them would be sold for ATLEAST double what we paid for them, easily. Some of them 10x more (Jarvis, Kightly, Stearman). You can't fault these signings.

Mick cleared out the poorer players when we came up. Iwelumo, Keogh, Hill, Friend etc. They moved on.

Now onto Mick's poor signings; Greg Halford, Stefan Maierhofer, Andrew Surman and Jelle van Damme. We needed a target man. We needed a 'utility' player. We needed a young and hungry midfielder for cover. We needed an experienced left back.

Out of those 4, we'll get our money back. No worries. Surman went to Norwich for what we bought him for. No money lost. Van Damme went back to his hometown for the same price we paid for him. No money lost. Halford is at Portsmouth and I think they'll sign him come the end of the season for about the same price we paid. Maybe a bit of money lost, **** happens, move on and get on with it. Stefan Maierhofer, we might lose half a million on him as well. Peanuts in this division. Absolutely sweet FA money lost in the grand scheme of things.

I don't understand how people can say Mick's made bad signings. Majority of them have improved the squad, when we needed to. I also see the posts about "Mick's team last night contained 8 of 11 who won the Championship". That's because they're our best players available. We've had injuries. Doyle, Hunt, Zubar etc. They couldn't play!

The long and short of it is this is probably the toughest Premier League season in YEARS. The difference between survival and relegation is finer than ever. The difference between finishing 9th and 20th is smaller than it's ever been.

We've played **** for the last few weeks, absolutely abysmal. Last night was probably the worst Wolves performance I can remember. But we're not ****, we're brilliant on our day. If we go down, we will **** the Championship and come back in 2012 with a stronger team than we have now with the potential to climb the table and eventually end up a comfortable midtable club.

It's a long haul going from an average Championship team to a comfortable Premier League one. We're nearly there, so close. It's just gonna take a bit more patience.

Good points there.

Some very good points in that.

I still believe we can stay up this season, it is so close it is unbelievable, a couple of wins and all of a sudden you are looking like you're in a comfortable position. We all know our boys on their day are a hell of a lot better than B'ham and WBA so we can get 6 points out of them two games, I'd except 4.

Then our last two games, Sunderland away, could be tricky wouldn't really expect to get anything out of that but if we play like we can then it could be a very good point. Blackburn at home last game of the season, we all know Blackburn have been very poor this season, they have been out played in the majority of their games and when they pick up points they have to scrape to get them, we KNOW we can beat Blackburn at home.

We have teams in and around us left to play, teams we know on our day we can wipe the floor with, it certainly isn't all doom and gloom just yet and it is going to go right down to the wire. It's going to be tense stuff but we are use to that, why else would we be Wolves fans if we didn't enjoy the stress of it all lol.

Let's get behind the lads and cheer them on to safety!

Took this from another Wolves board.

Good points there.

Up until the last sentence. Wolves will **** the Championship in the same way Burnley and Hull have done. The gap between the bottom half of the Premiership and the top half of the Championship is miniscule, it really is.

Guest JackWWFC

Up until the last sentence. Wolves will **** the Championship in the same way Burnley and Hull have done. The gap between the bottom half of the Premiership and the top half of the Championship is miniscule' date=' it really is.[/quote']

Our squad now is a lot better than Burnley and Hull. Both of those teams went up through the play-offs where as we won the league.

If you can name 3 Hull players or 3 Burnley players that they have now that would get into our 1st team then I'll give you a cookie.

Our squad now is a lot better than Burnley and Hull. Both of those teams went up through the play-offs where as we won the league.

If you can name 3 Hull players or 3 Burnley players that they have now that would get into our 1st team then I'll give you a cookie.

But that's not the point. The Championship is a stronger division now than two years ago (or the Premiership is weaker, choose what you want). Your team has performed worse than Blackpool fcs.

If your fans think you'll walk it next season then you have a lot more disappointment to come.

Guest JackWWFC

But that's not the point. The Championship is a stronger division now than two years ago (or the Premiership is weaker' date=' choose what you want). Your team has performed worse [b']than Blackpool fcs.[/b]

If your fans think you'll walk it next season then you have a lot more disappointment to come.

That's not true, Blackpool has played easier teams so far, as you cansee by our run in. There is still 4 games to go and I guarantee we will finish higher than Blackpool.

I don't think we'll walk it, but there is teams like Leeds and Milwall in that division who, with all due respect, are terrible.

That's not true' date=' Blackpool has played easier teams so far, as you cansee by our run in. There is still 4 games to go and I guarantee we will finish higher than Blackpool.

I don't think we'll walk it, but there is teams like Leeds and Milwall in that division who, with all due respect, are terrible.[/quote']

Couldn't agree more Jack, The fact that all three promoted teams from League one last season have all been up there so I think that itself proves that the championship is worse than it was two years ago, Look at Norwich, they have a very poor team and yet they have just earned automatic promotion. If they was in that league when we won it with that team they would be fighting for their lives, same as Leeds and Millwall would.

If we do get relegated we will go straight back up, no doubt about it. However we need not worry about that as we are going to stay up, we will pick up 6 points from our last 3 games and survive. Whereas Leeds will stay in the championship and have a mediocre season next season.