1 member has voted

1. 1.

• No
    • Capped at 50
    • Capped at 100
    • Capped at 150
    • Capped at 200

Re: Squad Sizes

Anyone know if my least favourite ever improvement' date=' a squad cap, has yet to actually be implemented? I have a 100 man squad who are about to sign a big name and I am curious as to whether it will fall through....:eek: I think i am right in saying it was a 100 man limit... but I am not going to trawl through a million posts to check. :D[/quote']

God knows, i too have 100, with a player arriving tomorrow, anyone answer this please? :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Squad Sizes Feeling a bit despondent about all of this and whether SM is actually worth playing anymore. The fun has been ripped out of the game for me and fellow coaches don't understand my stra

I was sad enough to read back and it is 120 so we are safe Nav. I guess we will find out in 20 players time if it actually up and running! :D

This thread is an interesting read for anyone with a spare 30 mins or so...

Nice to know, i too have 30mins of free time, but know ill always have the likes of you doing this for me :) TY anyway.

• 1 month later...

Sorry if i'm being lazy but i can't read 16 pages of this! can someone pleeeease clarify if the 120 is the normal squad limit or does it include the youth team as well?

i have 55 squad, 62 youth, 1 on loan and a couple more on their way!! so will i soon be refused to sign any players?? how unfair! when i started at the club they were in division 3 with average starting 11 of 87 and hardly any money, now i'm at the top end of the 1st division with a starting 11 average of 91/92 and i've wheeled and dealed my way to a squad full of talent - why should i be penalised for having lots of players when all along hunting for talented young players has been the whole fun of the game and the only way to build a successful team over the long run?

if you want to make the game realistic how about starting with not having invincible goalkeepers who never get injured, having players score penalty kicks and free kicks, etc?

Sorry if i'm being lazy but i can't read 16 pages of this! can someone pleeeease clarify if the 120 is the normal squad limit or does it include the youth team as well?

i have 55 squad' date=' 62 youth, 1 on loan and a couple more on their way!! so will i soon be refused to sign any players?? how unfair! when i started at the club they were in division 3 with average starting 11 of 87 and hardly any money, now i'm at the top end of the 1st division with a starting 11 average of 91/92 and i've wheeled and dealed my way to a squad full of talent - why should i be penalised for having lots of players when all along hunting for talented young players has been the whole fun of the game and the only way to build a successful team over the long run?

if you want to make the game realistic how about starting with not having invincible goalkeepers who never get injured, having players score penalty kicks and free kicks, etc?[/quote']

Well, if you read the 16 pages you'd see that Myself and Teb are trying to point out the exact same thing :P ^^

Have you ever experienced it first-hand' date=' my friend? Or are you simply basing your statement on what you think it is? If so, I don't think it's advisable to mislead others.[/quote']

Yes I have experienced it first hand!

Also, the statement from the SM developers stating that there is a maximum squad size of 120 players kind of gives it away!!!

Perhaps you should think about what your typing before YOU mislead others!

Yes I have experienced it first hand!

Also' date=' the statement from the SM developers stating that there is a maximum squad size of 120 players kind of gives it away!!!

Perhaps you should think about what your typing before YOU mislead others![/quote']

I don't know what you are referring to but the fact that I have over 120 youth players and I still can buy proves my point. At this point of time, I have 140 youth players and 20 in my main squad. Yet, I don't see any of my deals collapsing.

I don't know what you are referring to but the fact that I have over 120 youth players and I still can buy proves my point. At this point of time' date=' I have 140 youth players and 20 in my main squad. Yet, I don't see any of my deals collapsing.[/quote']

I wouldn't be shouting this too loud from the rooftops as it is obviously a bug or loophole in the system. The limit is 120 players in the whole squad, that was what the SM developers stated it would be set at. If you read the whole thread you would know this!!

I have over 100 players in my youth squad and cannot buy players any longer as my squad size is 122 players.

I haven't read the whole thread but I thought I did read somewhere john said you could buy youth players and they wouldn't be limited and I assumed what he said to be true.

No, that was a suggestion made but wasn't the final verdict. They stated that it would be 120 players maximum. They originally said it would be a 100 player limit but then settled on 120 players for some reason?:confused:

I personally don't like the limit and think that there should not be one. If you can afford to support a huge squad (which I can), you should be allowed as many players as you like, especially youngsters like you say.

I think there are much better ways to limit squad sizes, check out the player interaction thread I made, I mention a few suggestions there.;)

they were argueing and it made me cry i h8 argueing :(

You say you hate argueing - yet you don't hate sending abusive and insultive (if that word exists :P ) PM's to other people do you... I'm no Mod moleo, but I still know what's happening behind the scenes sometimes.. and it's not nice!:rolleyes:

yer that was an angry rush of blood to the head. I do apologise but its up to leigh i advise him to report me but also to try and forgive me B)

I understand that, but this is not the first time this has happened involving you, so I think it's about darn time you got your act together. You've been forgiven enough times now, and you've been long enough on the forum to know what's good and what isn't, and abusive PM's will not help at all, especially since it's for nothing. You'd better get it right next time round as I can smell a ban.

I tell you this because even in this particular case:

1) You had no reason to send a PM - all Leigh did was neg repped you.

2) You spammed. Twice even!

3) You ruined a half decent discussion, and potentially even a whole thread if the Mods are harsh and close it (although there is no need for that).

What was the spamming all about anyway?

Back to subject please...

all in all Leigh is right (as always). The limit is 120. If you can buy more it must be a bug or maybe it's not quite in place as yet - but soon will be, so get selling :)

I will make another good point then shall I yes I shall........

What happens if you have as some have like 140 in your squad then the bug is fixed would 20 players automatically leave?

That is a good question. Here is the answer.....

No, they don't leave. You cannot buy anymore players until you are below the 120 player limit though.