1 member has voted

1. 1.

• No
    • Capped at 50
    • Capped at 100
    • Capped at 150
    • Capped at 200

Re: Squad Sizes

You still mad bro? You have not provided anyone with a sound argument for supporting 255 players on 1 team. At least I have provided ways in which people can make money without hoarding players that make way more than hoping players will rise.

Yes I have checked players on teams' date=' and no one has over 50 players on their roster. If you talking about a team like Barcelona, they have about 40 players, including youth, reserves, starting 11, etc. We do not consider Barcelona B part of Barcelona cause it is 2 separate sister teams, so on Barcelona 40 players is maximum. It is still foolish to think a team can have 255 players.[/quote']

Barca and Barca B should be considered the same team. Are Man Utd Reserves part of Man Utd ? Yes. I also say this , if you counted EVERY Barca player they had on their books , it would be closer to 100 than 1. In fact just read this, ive done the hard work so you can use the rest of your brain to argue,

The youth academy of Barcelona holds more than 300 young players, and has been praised since 2002 as one of the best in the world, being a significant factor in FC Barcelona's European success as well as the Spanish national team's success at the 2010 FIFA World Cup. In 2010, la Masia achieved a record breaking honour becoming the first youth academy to have trained all three finalists for the Ballon d'Or in one same year, with Andrés Iniesta, Lionel Messi and Xavi Hernández.[2]

But this information must be false because you've already said Barca only have around 40 players.

Machine if a cap of 100 was imposed and I had less prospects on my team the reality is that only 1 or two other clubs on that gameworld would have the other 150 players that I couldn't sign, they wouldn't even be spread out that much as I know when I went for such players maybe only 1 or 2 other mangers in the gameworld would have gone for propsects at that time

Even if they had of been spread out to 5 or 6 teams (Which they wouldn't have been) they still would not be available for someone joining the setup after these players were added, nor would they be made available by whatever manager had them.

Collia thinks that having these propsects at one team (or on any team for that matter) results in empty gameworlds but the stone cold reality is that anyone joining an old setup wont have the best of the best available to buy for cash.

They need to accept that this in this argument, that these players would not be available whatever the squad cap.

good post, you make me look like a good scout haha!! the reality is that even after 4 years these players are rated 89/90, well below reaching the level of other clubs like barce and real etc restricting a manager further with less room (after their initial first team of 40 odd players)

I Know it's somewhat extreme case but relivent as alot of clubs are in the same situation, I have less than 200 players to my team, I can't by a long shot afford this ammount (Espcially when my youth prospects start getting rises from 79 to 82 & 82 to 85) aswell as from 88/90+

As it stands, and how it will transpire, unless I invest in risers (not that i have any cash to buy risers in first instance) my squad size will be considerably reduced in the coming years.

All I am actually doing is holding on to too many players that will most likly (I hope not tough :)) be of no use to any manager as a first team players on any managed team ever & therefore simply illogical to suggest that a cap of 100 adds to the gameworld "level" over a cap of 200+

It aesthetically looks better, but that's all.. from a gaming point of view makes little difference and would only hinder a certain group of managers in imposing such a cap.

Dear Dragon' date=' a squad cap was introduced in 2007, its set to 255.

Regards

PrestonDan[/quote']

Dear Preston

People are well aware what the squad cap is, however the actual number of the squad cap needs adjusting for reasons I have already detailed previously.

Nobody has yet given a valid reason why they need a 255 man squad, the main argument appears to be "because I want to" then if somebody disputes that they get labelled a (insert any number of swear words you like with derogatory terms) hardly the greatest basis or constructive argument.

The most absurd suggestion is from some people suggesting the Player Concern feature which was supposedly when it was introduced meant to stop these ridiculous player hogging techniques works(it clearly does not) which if they truely believe that are totally dillusional and need therapy ASAP.

Regards

Ray

why does anyone even need over 100 players?! In one of my teams I have about 80 players and I feel like such a hogger! By introducing a squad limit it makes the game more realistic and makes it an actual challenge as you would have to determine what players are worth keeping. Therefore, as people arent able to keep all the best talent it enables other managers to get them which will lead to gameworlds keeping active and stops them from dying off quicker. Also, it will make it more of an achievement for when you have players going from 75 to a higher rating as you have had to specifically decide which players to keep instead of just hoarding every young player with potential. I would suggest a squad cap of 25 for the first team and 25 for the youth team.

For those who would argue that it would make it a lot harder for the smaller clubs, I agree. However, SM should be more realistic by allowing expansions of the stadiums as well as other ways of dealing with finances. Therefore, this would make buying and selling risers less crucial in taking a team to the top.

why does anyone even need over 100 players?! In one of my teams I have about 80 players and I feel like such a hogger! By introducing a squad limit it makes the game more realistic and makes it an actual challenge as you would have to determine what players are worth keeping. Therefore' date=' as people arent able to keep all the best talent it enables other managers to get them which will lead to gameworlds keeping active and stops them from dying off quicker. Also, it will make it more of an achievement for when you have players going from 75 to a higher rating as you have had to specifically decide which players to keep instead of just hoarding every young player with potential. I would suggest a squad cap of 25 for the first team and 25 for the youth team.

For those who would argue that it would make it a lot harder for the smaller clubs, I agree. However, SM should be more realistic by allowing expansions of the stadiums as well as other ways of dealing with finances. Therefore, this would make buying and selling risers less crucial in taking a team to the top.[/quote']

Mr E, i think you might have taken 1 E too many, so lets say we go your route and allow stadium increases. Two years down the line every stadium in every setup would be 100,000 . What good would that do to the game ?

Also Mr E, i've tracked down your sm profile and have looked at your teams, yes you have a team with 81 players, that isn't what i'm getting at. Your Liverpool team has 18 first team players and you are in 15th place in the league, doesn't that tell you something ? Maybe if you had more players in your team you'd do alot better.

Mr E' date=' i think you might have taken 1 E too many, so lets say we go your route and allow stadium increases. Two years down the line every stadium in every setup would be 100,000 . What good would that do to the game ?[/quote']

No, once a team gets to the top they would be allowed a stadium increase therefore allowing more people to watch the game which is what would happen in real life. For example, if I took a Hyde from division 5 to division 1 they would gradually have an increase in their stadium size to fit the increase in fans.

Also Mr E' date=' i've tracked down your sm profile and have looked at your teams, yes you have a team with 81 players, that isn't what i'm getting at. Your Liverpool team has 18 first team players and you are in 15th place in the league, doesn't that tell you something ? Maybe if you had more players in your team you'd do alot better.[/quote']

You're looking at the wrong team, Im not Liverpool in EC 26335 haha, oh dear what a nightmare ;):rolleyes:

i doubt it' date=' im sure it was just a retweet of someone complaining.

Probably another new mananger complaining how another manager who's been playing the game for 5 years has too many players.[/quote']

Ive been playing the game 5 years and built teams people can only dream of in some of the hardest Gold Championships.....

Length of time playing on the game is irrelevent a player Cap is the best thing that could be introduced on SM.

80-100 players is MORE than ample for all the reasons I have stated previously especially with the sham that is player concerns and loans from unmanaged clubs. It dont stop scouting, risers small clubs being built up etc

Having said that I highly doubt they actually have the cajones to do it

Ray you can't build great sides with small clubs quickly unless you buy risers, that's buying players you never ever have the intention of playing (SM can't & shouldn't force managers into 1 way of playing the game to be able compete in the future ie. having the best squad in the gameworld (the objective of the game)

If you have a small stadium/attendence in gold champ and want a cap of 100, you need ideally 33 (roughly) players of a certain quality (As best as you can get anyway, That leaves 70 players for prospects (lets say 50 and allow 20 spaces for risers if you if you choose this way of playing the game)

The very good scouts* might be able to get 33 future players of 88+ from this 70 but this would take years and years (at that you would need a 50% success rate of every prospect you sign getting an 88+) that's imo an absurd percentage & a percentage the casual gamer would never be able to achieve

Asking for the ammount of players on managed clubs to be droped from around 4 % (Standard setups) to almost 1.5% is absolutly idiototic.

You said that no1 gave valid reasons why 255 squad cap is acceptable, feel free to argue against what i've said. just don't say my arguement is absolute rubbish.

Stop just thinking about the hardcore gamers stop just thinking about people who buy risers, stop just thinking that lowering squad cap somehow allows new players to enter a gameworld and attain such talented players as free agents, it not going to work like that, go onto the majority of standards and Gold Worlds and you will clearly see that any new players added to the database you will only have MOST THE TIME 2or3 current managers in the gameworlds go for the new players added when there added.

Player concerns I already explained on this thread the limitations it imposses under its current structure & why the structure is as it is currently and not as it was some months ago.

Shelborne, although we seem to be the minority, squad caps would ruin the game. If people could not buy risers to survive as a small club. No one would manage a small club, There would be 5 new game worlds every hour and only the top 5 or 6 teams would be taken over, that sounds real fun. We'd might as well call it Man United Manager because that is what it would be.

Nobody needs to have over 50 risers. It takes no skill to buy every player with talent. It would however take more skill choosing which players to keep and sell.

Exactly!

Shelborne' date=' although we seem to be the minority, squad caps would ruin the game. If people could not buy risers to survive as a small club. No one would manage a small club, There would be 5 new game worlds every hour and only the top 5 or 6 teams would be taken over, that sounds real fun. We'd might as well call it Man United Manager because that is what it would be.[/quote']

Total nonsense!

Smaller clubs could operate exactly the same....in fact they would probably have a better choice of player as bigger clubs would have to pick and choose more carefully and it would probably be a little easier for them to pick up risers.Your comments make no sense whatsoever.

Nobody needs to have over 50 risers. It takes no skill to buy every player with talent. It would however take more skill choosing which players to keep and sell.

Then you honestly have no idea how the game works . Go manage AFC Telford United in Div 5 for 10 seasons, stay in Div 5 and see how much fun it is.

There are enough players on the database for every team to have 255 players.

Then you honestly have no idea how the game works . Go manage AFC Telford United in Div 5 for 10 seasons' date=' stay in Div 5 and see how much fun it is.

There are enough players on the database for every team to have 255 players.[/quote']

If you need to have over 100 players then you clearly dont know the right players to be buying. For any club to have anywhere near that amount really does make this game stupid. It isnt a footballer collection game, it is a football management game. And nobody is questioning whether every club could have that many players.

Shelborne' date=' although we seem to be the minority, squad caps would ruin the game. If people could not buy risers to survive as a small club. No one would manage a small club, There would be 5 new game worlds every hour and only the top 5 or 6 teams would be taken over, that sounds real fun. We'd might as well call it Man United Manager because that is what it would be.[/quote']

You got me wrong bud,

I have no problim with people buying risers, I was saying that reducing squad cap would mean that people that dien't want to buy risers (play the game a different way) by buyng prospects, could never achieve (or make it ridiculosly hard) to ever attain a team that could be the best in the gameworld (In gold champs anyway)

Therefore buying risers woiuld be essiental to have any chance of ever competing aginst the barce's and real's etc

As it is buying propects is a long term approach, to implement what some people want here would be absolutly for so so so many reasons (which i've gone into detail about) be bad for the game and stop even a good manager from choosing to take this route, a less active/informative/knowledgable manager or a manager who spends not so much time on the game could never ever compete, forcing these same managers who don't want to spend time on the game or learn it as much as others from having to buy risers to buidl a team, but these managers don't have the skill or time etc to do this, so it would result in them being weaker and their teams being weaker.

Ray you can't build great sides with small clubs quickly unless you buy risers' date=' that's buying players you never ever have the intention of playing (SM can't & shouldn't force managers into 1 way of playing the game to be able compete in the future ie. having the best squad in the gameworld (the objective of the game)

[b']While you are correct you cant build up without buying risers, you dont need to buy 255 of them. I have built great small sides never at any point having over 70 players in my squad that includes seniors, youths I think will develop and risers. Dont tell me it can't be done, because I know it can I have done it, many many times.[/b]

If you have a small stadium/attendence in gold champ and want a cap of 100, you need ideally 33 (roughly) players of a certain quality (As best as you can get anyway, That leaves 70 players for prospects (lets say 50 and allow 20 spaces for risers if you if you choose this way of playing the game)

You dont need that many "prospects" and you can keep prospects and buy more than enough risers within the boundary of a 80 man squad cap. You keep buying/selling risers, recycling the process it is easy enough to do if you know what you are doing. The skill part comes in judging what players to kep and what players to sell, not much of a game skill to keep everybody and make no judgement on players.

The very good scouts* might be able to get 33 future players of 88+ from this 70 but this would take years and years (at that you would need a 50% success rate of every prospect you sign getting an 88+) that's imo an absurd percentage & a percentage the casual gamer would never be able to achieve

That is complete and utter codswallop I am afraid, the amount of players that come along, you as a football fan and viewer should be able to make judgements on players and there abilities, just like any real manager you have to make choices. Besides with the way SM rates players nowdays play 5-6 games at Championship level and you will probably make 88 soon enough (whole other topic but the ratings are madness)

Asking for the ammount of players on managed clubs to be droped from around 4 % (Standard setups) to almost 1.5% is absolutly idiototic.

No it aint i'm getting bored typing now I have gone through that all before, no need for me to do so again

You said that no1 gave valid reasons why 255 squad cap is acceptable, feel free to argue against what i've said. just don't say my arguement is absolute rubbish.

I have given reasons, loads of them I dont need to keep repeating myself and IMO you have not given ONE valid reason at all, the basis of your argument to me seems to be because I want to

Stop just thinking about the hardcore gamers stop just thinking about people who buy risers, stop just thinking that lowering squad cap somehow allows new players to enter a gameworld and attain such talented players as free agents, it not going to work like that, go onto the majority of standards and Gold Worlds and you will clearly see that any new players added to the database you will only have MOST THE TIME 2or3 current managers in the gameworlds go for the new players added when there added.

Player concerns I already explained on this thread the limitations it imposses under its current structure & why the structure is as it is currently and not as it was some months ago.

Yes because you obviously think that a player concern feature is working brilliantly. How is a system where you can buy 255 players then send them all out on loan not having to pay any wages on these players, whilst preventing other managers the opportunity to purchase them have any real additional benefit to the game.....

Oh and the system is easily beat if you dont play them, if they are concerned about being on loan etc etc no need to worry you can just buy the concern off :rolleyes:

Not to mention the system is easily beat look at Teb's Spartak 48 90+ players 100+ 88 players and how many have requested a transfer......none you know why because it is easy to beat the system either by buying off the concern or sending them out on loan then bringing them back....

I am sorry the current player concern system is a sham and is the principal reason why a squad cap HAS to be introduced. Why should anybody be allowed 255 odd players who they dont pay wages on, they have no real squad management to do.

It is ludicrous, the game is just being made easier and easier and complying to people who dont want to be challenged, dont want to have to take any proper managerial decisions, dont want to have to engage there brain and decide what players to keep/sell etc etc.

If you think that things are fine and dandy good for you, but quite frankly I dont I think it is ludicrous and I think the majority of SM members certainly on this forum agree with me. The fact you think that player concerns "work" is dillusional.

Bring in a squad cap and we will soon iron out the really good managers/scouts/judge of players from the people who just "think" they are a good manager.

If you or any other member are good you have nothing to worry about. As I say dont tell me none of what you are suggesting cant be done within the confines of a squad cap because I KNOW it can

If you need to have over 100 players then you clearly dont know the right players to be buying. For any club to have anywhere near that amount really does make this game stupid. It isnt a footballer collection game' date=' it is a football management game. And nobody is questioning whether every club could have that many players.[/quote']

I would say I scout pretty well, my teams i've had for 4/5 years (gold champs) I put emphises on buying youths and keeping them, and I neglect doing many deals for good players now, I don't buy risers (bring players to my club which I have no intention of ever playing, (And you talk about realism, don't make me laugh)

My drogheda side as machine pointed out, I have 2 90 rated players after about 5 years of gameplay, putting emphises on propsects aswell as being an active manager.

5 years and you have a problim with me "hogging" (as in too many players) when in reality you should be happy because all these 5 years (and for a few more) your team is stronger for the way you played the game & my side is far from being a 94/95 avg.

For you to say I have such an unfair advantage as a result of having the full 255 is obsolutly untrue.. to say that i'm keeping players from someone else is untrue, firstly because my avg 89 first team is well below the best teams in the gameworld & all the weaker managed teams (in most setups) are not that far behind me in terms of avg (perhaps in name sense or prospect sense you can view it like that, but only like that) and when you can clearly see that from my 80th/100th best player in my team (the cap you want) from 100 to 255 these players are of no use to anyone as first team players as they are only prospects for any side (even in gc-1 ;)

Prospects that would only be spread out between a few other teams (a handfull) of other active managers with "bettter squads/propects" and would never be available to anyone else anyway should they join a gameworld or have not been bought by managers previously in the setup when they were added, because you were saving funds to buy risers and improve your first team and pay less wages as a result of not having a large squad. (last point on wages now defunct as i can loan out,) but you can loan out too if you had a larger team but you dont as buy players only to sell on, don't buy prospects as a primary means of playing the game, & negociate transfer deals (by doing good 2for1's, improving your first 11 and reducing your squad size)

To argue that you are at a disadvantage (even in the medium to long term, 7/8 years maybe ) is not true.

Having 255 players on your team simply does not give you can advantage for a very very long time (if ever)

RAY quickly..

i dealt with players concerns

i dealt with the fact the my extra 155 players that you want to take off me and into the hands of 4 or 5 other active managers (and only as prospects anyway) and not to managers with "weaker teams" already but already those 4 or 5 other teams that sign these players when there added are already strong/have good prospects (active managers/good scouts)

Challange.. i showed above the real case of whats challage & what's not, buying risers is not a challage, buying prospects is more of a challange

Realism for realism then remove the ability for people to buy risers (nt gona happen)

It wont iron out anytin, those 255 players will omly be at the next best 4 or 5 managers clubs anyway.

5k stadium, not buying risers, start of with very weak squad (70's players) but then only being allowd 100 players, 30+ that are first teamers, reuslts in my scouting ability having to be ridiculosly good 50% sucess rate and of that 50%, 100% of those players getting 88/89 + aswell as plenty of 92/93's

Tie in how long this takes (YEARS) and the fact i spend time on the game and scouting etc, what about a lesser manager.. he has no hope of ever atttaining a team worth staying with in the future and this team will be quit and not teken over due to being weak as his few prospects he was alowd work with never materilsed.

I would say I scout pretty well' date=' my teams i've had for 4/5 years (gold champs) I put emphises on buying youths and keeping them, and I neglect doing many deals for good players now, I don't buy risers (bring players to my club which I have no intention of ever playing, .....[/quote']

Im sorry but I really cant be bothered to reply to all the points you have made. IMO you are completely wrong on this so we'll have to agree to disagree. I am right you are wrong