1 member has voted

1. 1.

• No
    • Capped at 50
    • Capped at 100
    • Capped at 150
    • Capped at 200

Re: Squad Sizes

I'll justify it now, you're only taking some youth prospects of people, your depriving me of a bigger/better squad in future, but the uniteds reals barce's etc are alowd have the better/bigger (bigger as in as in more 90+ due to bigger financial pot, like real life..) squad now.

Why infract such strict sanctions on those that want to play a long term appraoch to this game buying youths? it's nonsicle to suggest SM take such measures.

This squad cap has been an issue 6 years, Recently SM introduced player concern (maybe they havn't got it working effectivlly yet, should i say effectivlly and fairly) they have had to adjust it from the original, give it time.

Originally squad cap was argued for because people dient like the big clubs having too many 90+ players, not that someone had 200 prospects in there team, but SM never introduced squad cap, because it's logical that it has no effect, as i've shown.

They went for player concerns about 5 years after squad cap was first called for.

Simply squad caping the few teams with over 150 players serves no purpose.

Buying ulimited risers or risers at all :D should all be your concern if it's realism/harder game you want, not punishing those that want to play a long term approach to the game taking at at least 100 spaces to buy prospects if even they want that many (i woudlnt lose 100 with my darlington, id lose 40, united would lose none of there prospects)

as far as i'm concerned this topic is over for me, im finished, PM if you want to talk about it further

I see only logic in my view.

n btw i did justifi it before, i have been making the same argument over and over, noting new in the last post really excpet for showing that united would lose no players, and id lose 40 prospects.

Im not going to lie. I cant be bothered getting into a huge debate so i agree, lets leave it.

I am shocked that you genuinely believe that reducing the squad cap has any negative implications for you the building a team.

100 players for example is more than enough to do build a team, have prospects and money spinners. Literally stunned to how you cant grasp that Shels. No body needs 255.

You really havent justified it either. Because you can do everything your claiming with a squad of a 100 :o

You really havent justified it either. Because you can do everything your claiming with a squad of a 100 :o

150, and after 6 years, im still behind united in first 11 and debt at 1st team level (debt anyway).

The few clubs on the game having from 150/255 players (none or 1 or 2 clubs in most setups) being of concern (to anyone is beyond me) or negative influence on how the gameworld operates is simply not true.

If effects no1.

Im not going to lie. I cant be bothered getting into a huge debate so i agree' date=' lets leave it.

I am shocked that you genuinely believe that reducing the squad cap has any negative implications for you the building a team.

100 players for example is more than enough to do build a team, have prospects and money spinners. Literally stunned to how you cant grasp that Shels. No body needs 255.

You really havent justified it either. Because you can do everything your claiming with a squad of a 100 :o[/quote']

Well said mate well said.

I can see why people who have amassed a large squad over a number of years would be upset, but at the end of it all, there is no need or justification to have 250+ players in your team. Squad cap should be 75 max.

I hope it is brought in as standard when new GW's are opened in the future. If you argue there would be no benefit, you're talking absolute nonsense. More players available means more people in the GW.

I'm new to SM so will someone give me a synopsis of why the player cap mentioned in 2007 never saw the light? There are just too many posts to read through.

I've got a manager in my Gold League with 30 squad, 30 youth, and 30 on loan. When I took over my team it cancelled 8 transfers...other managers just scalping the cream off the top.

I'm new to SM so will someone give me a synopsis of why the player cap mentioned in 2007 never saw the light? There are just too many posts to read through.

I've got a manager in my Gold League with 30 squad' date=' 30 youth, and 30 on loan. When I took over my team it cancelled 8 transfers...other managers just scalping the cream off the top.[/quote']

Because it only takes/stops people from attain (X)number of youth prospects

It doesn't effect how many star players one can have on there side, very very very few clubs on the whole game have such "massive" sides (even i've had many a standard setup club for over 6 years & don't have the full 255, i have less than 150 on most those standard teams, only on the odd club ndo i take the full 255) the ammount of clubs on SM that have over 150 players is minute, and has no impact on the gameworld, any argument that "big" sqauds ruin SM (make it harder for everyone else) is unfounded

people who don't like buying youths as there primary means of playing the game are the only one's that want this cap because they view our squad sizes as unrealistic (even tough there actually akin to real life squad/club sizes) these people buy 88+ first team players, buy risers and do swap deals well before they look at what they got 8+ years down the line.

But they want to reduce those that play the game buying youths not only to have to wait over 7/8 years for a 92+ team but to make it much more difficuly for such players,

While they buy unlimited risers wether it be for pure easy cash or to see players rise a couple ratings to 88/89/90 then swap 2for1 to get there 92+ in a matter of years 2/3 at most even in gold champs, less for standards.

They don't see how irrelivent a cap would be, after 6 years of SM not introducing such a cap, i've given the exact reasons why SM dient introduce it, but they still don't see the logic which i give on the subject.

They are inherently transfixed on the sqaud cap issue, and blinded by the facts & what effects such a cap would have, It woouldn't effect those that buy risers so much, nor would it effect those that buy players for/or do swaps etc only those that want to invest in there teams for 7/8 years ahead.

To argue against spaces for youth players but not against buying players just to sell on is ridiculos as both are very much part of how SM can be played, and when are youth players start getting 88/89 these same people want these players for themselfs because apparently having these players which you signed 4/5 years ago as youths not playing in your first team is star hogging.

Please no-one suggest such a rule on SM (wage cap) it wont work :rolleyes:

SM already has a 'wage cap' in terms of not being able to buy players if your club is in the red financially. You will either start selling or wait for income (from winning titles or Chairman injections at the start of a season).

Because it only takes/stops people from attain (X)number of youth prospects

It doesn't effect how many star players one can have on there side' date=' very very very few clubs on the whole game have such "massive" sides (even i've had many a standard setup club for over 6 years & don't have the full 255, i have less than 150 on most those standard teams, only on the odd club ndo i take the full 255) the ammount of clubs on SM that have over 150 players is minute, and has no impact on the gameworld, any argument that "big" sqauds ruin SM (make it harder for everyone else) is unfounded[/quote']

It doesn't ruin SM per say it just prevents people from getting youth that are touted by big named teams in real life. Take Goalies for Example, Why have Hart, De Gea, Koval, Tergstegen, Courtoiis, etc all on 1 team? That would never happen in real life, and if all 5 goalies were on same team, 3 would request transfer right away. By having 255 players prevents at least 3 of those goalies from being sold to teams who really need a goalie. Same goes for forwards, midfielders, and defenders.

people who don't like buying youths as there primary means of playing the game are the only one's that want this cap because they view our squad sizes as unrealistic (even tough there actually akin to real life squad/club sizes) these people buy 88+ first team players' date=' buy risers and do swap deals well before they look at what they got 8+ years down the line.[/Quote']

listen, in real life very few teams wait 9 years for a starting 11 that are on average 90+ rating. Most teams to improve do P/E deals and cash deals to improve right now, its just common sense. How/why do you think AC Milan went after Balotelli? They can't wait 8 years for guys to develop, they need scorers now, because Pato and El Sharawwy can't do it all themselves. Now I am all for a cap, but I do not do many P/E deals. I do buy tons of risers (10 per team), but rarely have over 40 players at any given time. Like I said before, I still make 2m per home game and 1 mill per away game on most teams, because I keep this philosophy (1st team 15 players, Youth 15 players ~ some play some dont, and Risers 10 players). You dont need 255 players. If you scout properly, 10-20 risers is all you need to even have an amazing squad 5-8 years down the road. Buying every player on the market does not mean you know anything about soccer, because like i said it makes you lucky to hit a player here and there. You just dont want to take 5-10 min a day scouting that is why your for 255 players. For that I think it is a lazy way to play.

But they want to reduce those that play the game buying youths not only to have to wait over 7/8 years for a 92+ team but to make it much more difficuly for such players' date='

While they buy unlimited risers wether it be for pure easy cash or to see players rise a couple ratings to 88/89/90 then swap 2for1 to get there 92+ in a matter of years 2/3 at most even in gold champs, less for standards.[/Quote']

Don't understand where your going with this. Swapping 2 for 1 happens in real life and is usually how big named players go from 1 club to the next. Everyone in SM wants to make money and risers is the way to do it, but if you can't buy a certain riser, how is that good for the game? 255 players could mean you have all the top 100 wonderkids of 2013, which means smaller squads will get stuck with crappy risers instead of big named players. By reducing squad sizes to lets say 100 or 75, a team like Leicester could get a guy like El Sharawwy or Courtoiis. Your probably just scared teams would become more competitive, and you start losing alot more games.

They don't see how irrelivent a cap would be' date=' after 6 years of SM not introducing such a cap, i've given the exact reasons why SM dient introduce it, but they still don't see the logic which i give on the subject.

They are inherently transfixed on the sqaud cap issue, and blinded by the facts & what effects such a cap would have, It woouldn't effect those that buy risers so much, nor would it effect those that buy players for/or do swaps etc only those that want to invest in there teams for 7/8 years ahead.[/Quote']

The effects that a squad cap will have are right in front of your nose. 1st youth players would trickle down to smaller teams and make them more competitive. Instead of getting a no-named 77 rated youth, they could get a future 77 rated big-named German player that is deemed the next Mario Gomez. 2nd a squad cap would force managers to make smarter decisions. Instead of buying any player, mangers would have to do their research on who to keep and who to pick up. Is this hard to do? No it only takes 5-10 min a day to do and not hard at all. If you think it is hard, then I believe you are lazy and don't want to do the work. Lastly, squad caps makes teams more competitive because it gives smaller teams the same opportunities to buy a player that Chelsea wants. This is because youth are more spread out and smaller teams can now get a guy like Courtoiis instead of a Madrid having Hart, Coutoiis, Koval, Tergstegen, etc.

To argue against spaces for youth players but not against buying players just to sell on is ridiculos as both are very much part of how SM can be played' date=' and when are youth players start getting 88/89 these same people want these players for themselfs because apparently having these players which you signed 4/5 years ago as youths not playing in your first team is star hogging.[/quote']

You have to argue spaces for youth spaces, because that adversely affects spaces for 88+ rated players. When you reduce spaces for risers, you must also reduce spaces for 88+ rated players cause salaries would be too high to maintain. When 88+ rated players get put on the transfer list, a division 3/4 team now can pick him up. Thus making those teams better. In the end it effects every squad and makes gameworlds alot harder and funner to play in. It is only star hogging because you are not using them, have no plan in using them, and wont sell them either. Why hold on to something you will never use? Might as well give it to a team who will play that player every game. You afraid that that team might get better and beat you? Also don't forget most times those players you are referring to have level 3/4/5 concerns. And that is shameful and a waste to let it get to that.

Your wrong on what would happen as a result of a squad cap, most of your argument is based on what you think would happen and what clubs would get what players, you have your idea of what would actually happen i'll have mine, i've posted mine you've posted yours.

I still believe what would happen is what I said would happen, your arguing against me on aspects of the game i've brought up with as examples to the alternative of buying youths, i dient say i wanted to remove such features, i'll say it again squad cap only reduces managers ability to scouts youths while other parts of the game which are easier/quicker o attain results remain as they operate now, even tough these few managers that want to invest in their teams with youth play a long term approach to the game, simply no reason to punish teams managers espicially when your version of the trickle down effect is inaccurate (100 times i'll say again that your issue is players for other first teams, you think sqaud cap as it is now effects this, it simply doesn't, it has no baring in this regard, go argue on the concern thread for such an issue, not sqaud cap)

And no anyone that invested in a players 5 years ago as a free agent (from youth academy :o ) & is now 88/89 but not good enough for the first 22 yet should not be forced out of my/someones club.

I'm out of here I have noting that's not been answered, was just answering the new chap.

Your wrong on what would happen as a result of a squad cap' date=' most of your argument is based on what you think would happen and what clubs would get what players, you have your idea of what would actually happen i'll have mine, i've posted mine you've posted yours.

I still believe what would happen is what I said would happen, your arguing against me on aspects of the game i've brought up with as examples to the alternative of buying youths, i dient say i wanted to remove such features, i'll say it again squad cap only reduces managers ability to scouts youths while other parts of the game which are easier/quicker o attain results remain as they operate now, even tough these few managers that want to invest in their teams with youth play a long term approach to the game, simply no reason to punish teams managers espicially when your version of the trickle down effect is inaccurate (100 times i'll say again that your issue is players for other first teams, you think sqaud cap as it is now effects this, it simply doesn't, it has no baring in this regard, go argue on the concern thread for such an issue, not sqaud cap)

And no anyone that invested in a players 5 years ago as a free agent (from youth academy :o ) & is now 88/89 but not good enough for the first 22 yet should not be forced out of my/someones club.

I'm out of here I have noting that's not been answered, was just answering the new chap.[/quote']

My problem is that 90% of managers don't scout. 90% of managers buy any player they can get their hands on in hopes of them rising. Scouting is when you spend time doing research on those players you want. Research is key to scouting and if you are not going to do it, then you are not properly scouting players. You talk about prevention of scouting, but actually it forces managers to look up info on the 1000+ players in the database, and make sound decisions on who to keep and who to let go. You just don't want to have to spend 5-10 min a day doing research.

My problem is that 90% of managers don't scout. 90% of managers buy any player they can get their hands on in hopes of them rising. Scouting is when you spend time doing research on those players you want. Research is key to scouting and if you are not going to do it' date=' then you are not properly scouting players. You talk about prevention of scouting, but actually it forces managers to look up info on the 1000+ players in the database, and make sound decisions on who to keep and who to let go. You just don't want to have to spend 5-10 min a day doing research.[/quote']

your argument for a sqaud cap is weak, that's what we a debating here.. I've showd everyone what exactly would happen if squad cap was to be introduced, it's not up for discussion because what i've said just happens to be what will happen, it's not a guessing game it's basic knowledge

Squad cap will result in what i've posted on, i;'m out of here again haha!! i'll be back :/

and don't try another little dig daying i don't scout and that somehow all the talents i have in competitive setups was 100% fluke signing 100 youths from a possible 10/20,000 over the last 6 years and they all just happen to be alittle bit talented, that's stupit way of thinking (again your have other issue's, you don't like when people don't scout??? wat ever that means, you don't like those teams which have invested in their squads over years and now want them to give up players)

Anyone that thinks sqaud cap as an issue is because they continue to be ignorent of the effect it will have on gameworlds/clubs, i've shown this clearly..

NO ONE has argued against my analysis on the issue, giving an alternative possibilty of what would happen if a sqaud cap was to be Introduced

your argument for a sqaud cap is weak' date=' that's what we a debating here.. I've showd everyone what exactly would happen if squad cap was to be introduced, it's not up for discussion because what i've said just happens to be what will happen, it's not a guessing game it's basic knowledge

Squad cap will result in what i've posted on, i;'m out of here again haha!! i'll be back :/

and don't try another little dig daying i don't scout and that somehow all the talents i have in competitive setups was 100% fluke signing 100 youths from a possible 10/20,000 over the last 6 years and they all just happen to be alittle bit talented, that's stupit way of thinking (again your have other issue's, you don't like when people don't scout??? wat ever that means, you don't like those teams which have invested in their squads over years and now want them to give up players)

Anyone that thinks sqaud cap as an issue is because they continue to be ignorent of the effect it will have on gameworlds/clubs, i've shown this clearly..

NO ONE has argued against my analysis on the issue, giving an alternative possibilty of what would happen if a sqaud cap was to be Introduced[/quote']

LOL....what nonsense:o

your argument for a sqaud cap is weak' date=' that's what we a debating here.. I've showd everyone what exactly would happen if squad cap was to be introduced, it's not up for discussion because what i've said just happens to be what will happen, it's not a guessing game it's basic knowledge

NO ONE has argued against my analysis on the issue, giving an alternative possibilty of what would happen if a sqaud cap was to be Introduced[/quote']

buying 100 youths is still poor attempt at defining good scouting....

if it was 20 maximum then yes i would take my hat off to you and say you have demonstrated a great ability to pick the best of the bunch, and maybe had a little luck...

;2447726']buying 100 youths is still poor attempt at defining good scouting....

if it was 20 maximum then yes i would take my hat off to you and say you have demonstrated a great ability to pick the best of the bunch' date=' and maybe had a little luck...[/quote']

There really is no point in talking with him....

Despite the fact that since I have subscribed to this thread everybody argues the merits of a squad cap he is clearly right and the rest of us are clearly senseless fools who know no better :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Everybody knows buying up 200+ youths means you are brilliant at picking the "cream of the crop", dont want to introduce a system that might actually challenge managers to make decisions about the make up of a squad and actually evaluating talent :o

There really is no point in talking with him....

Despite the fact that since I have subscribed to this thread everybody argues the merits of a squad cap he is clearly right and the rest of us are clearly senseless fools who know no better :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Everybody knows buying up 200+ youths means you are brilliant at picking the "cream of the crop"' date=' dont want to introduce a system that might actually challenge managers to make decisions about the make up of a squad and actually evaluating talent :o[/quote']

put it this way....

200+ youths is the equivalent of a league made up of 18 teams and buying every sides first XI...

:D

So you go with your philosophy and buy 200+ youths, but only hit 10-15 rated 90+ players in 5 years. I'll stick with my philosophy and buy 15 youth, and hit 15 rated 90+ players in 2-3 years. Just cause you buy 200 youth doesn't make you good at scouting. Like I said, I do more and achieve more with a 30-40 man squad then you could with 200, because I do research on the players I want and properly scout.

Let me reiterate this, you don't want a squad cap because you don't want to have to spend 5-10 min a day on researching players and knowing who to keep or let go. You want it the easy way and be able to buy 255 players and get lucky on some.

If I could revote, I'd change my vote from 100 cap to 50. I chose 100 because it still allows managers like you to do what you are doing now, but allow other managers come into the game and still find a few players well known in FIFA.

Guys..

Let's say SM changes the cap to 50 player. That will only force those who sign 255 players to actually do the required research and find the top 10 or 15 youngsters and sign them. How will that help!?

They will also be more inclined to have 25 or 30 top 90+ players, just to feel secure enough. Which means they can also have 5 to 10 players of the 85 - 90 range who are risers. Again how will that help!?

The whole purpose of this thread is to find a way to give new managers a chance to sign 1) 90+ top players 2) 85-90 risers 3) youngsters for generating money. Limiting the squad size is not the solution here.

Ideas for solutions would include:

1. The top player in every club (managed or unmanaged or external) cannot be replaced with a lower rated player.

2. The top 3 players in every club (m/u/e) have their chariman valuation inflated to triple their normal price.

3. A cap on the number of transfers per season.

4. A more efficient 'Concerns' system, where players who reach level 2 demand a release clause.

I'm sure we can come up with more suggestions to address the issue of GWs with almost no transfer activity because all the 'good choices' are already taken.

Guys..

Let's say SM changes the cap to 50 player. That will only force those who sign 255 players to actually do the required research and find the top 10 or 15 youngsters and sign them. How will that help!?

They will also be more inclined to have 25 or 30 top 90+ players' date=' just to feel secure enough. Which means they can also have 5 to 10 players of the 85 - 90 range who are risers. Again how will that help!?

The whole purpose of this thread is to find a way to give new managers a chance to sign 1) 90+ top players 2) 85-90 risers 3) youngsters for generating money. [b']Limiting the squad size is not the solution here.[/b]

Ideas for solutions would include:

1. The top player in every club (managed or unmanaged or external) cannot be replaced with a lower rated player.

2. The top 3 players in every club (m/u/e) have their chariman valuation inflated to triple their normal price.

3. A cap on the number of transfers per season.

4. A more efficient 'Concerns' system, where players who reach level 2 demand a release clause.

I'm sure we can come up with more suggestions to address the issue of GWs with almost no transfer activity because all the 'good choices' are already taken.

What your failing to see is not even teams like Chelsea can afford 30 players 90+ rating, 10 players 85-89 rating, and 10 players 77-84 rating. Why is that? Because wages will be too high and unless you already banked 300m+ you can't keep those players.

Lets take this for example, min wages for a 90+ rated player is 35,000 a turn, min wages for someone 85-89 is like 15,000, and min wages for someone 77-84 is like 5,000. This is all based upon rough averages, which could be higher or lower by a couple thousand.

So you have 30 players 90+, so 35,000 x 30 = 1,050,000

So you have 10 players 85-89, so 15,000 x 10 = 150,000

So you have 10 players 77-84, so 5,000 x 10 = 50,000

Don't forget grounds crew and other expenses about another 250,000 or so.

Total you get 1,500,000 a turn just in wages. Away games you would be losing at least $500,000 and at home making about $500,000. So evens out, but then as players increase ratings, they would request more $$$, therefore contracts get renegotiated or you lose out. Also wages per turn increase, thus losing you money after a while. No way could you hold those figures.

You would need 15 players 90+ rating, 10 players 80-89 rating, and 15 players 77-79 rating, just to make profit. Extra 10 slots could be filled up anytime, but you still would lose out if you bough more high rated players.

In reality most teams, even the Chelsea's would then have to sell some big named guys to shed salaries, which means smaller teams can bid on those players.

You settle for 90+ if you want m8, but that wont bring you close to the best teams in any gameworld.

i'm going to match/beat the barce'real etc with my small teams

You have no chance to achieve 15 (you need more anyway) 93/94+ from 15 spaces, that's ridiculos and impossible least for a less active devoted manager (most of SM is less devoted)

if you can sign 15 16/17 year olds based what you read on the internet, 1st of all your a chancer 2nd to get 15 of these players you signed at age 16/17 for them all to get 93/94+ is outstanding ignorence if you can acheive this however fair play to you if you can, you will have saved alot of time and cash aswell as after signing your 15 prospects in the first month of playing SM for the next 5/6 years etc etc you would have no room to sign anyone, no-one would have room room to sign anyone & in gc's you would never-never never be able to get those 93/94 players as because everyone had stupit sqaud cap they would all be going for the "super talents" the way it is now any team can get the super talents with the right tactics deployed, sqaud cap would result in the big clubs now like barce/real etc not being able to land these super talents because they get outbid by smaller clubs

Squad cap achieves noting, it hinders many, it stops people from making transfers daily, after a few months in any setup and no-1 would have any space left to invest in youths/buy risers, buy new squad & first team players players, buy those players that are older but rising from 86/88 to 90+ & 1% of players on the database would be an unmanaged clubs.

You only want to make it so impossible for the smaller clubs to reach the bigger teams using youth prospects, while the rest of SM (as shown by yourself) can reach such heights easily as things are by buying risers etc etc..

Anyway why am i here, i've shown squad cap to be a non topic, if you feel it is then post away like the others for another 6 years, you continue to ignore my anylsis of the situation & instead come up with own your grand delusions that 15 youth players per team is 1) viable/makes SM better/more fun & 2) realistic

neither is correct & it achieves noting.

your issue also seems to be a lack of (top)youths for other managers, top prospects are added every month on SM, new managers to gameworlds can compete to get such players (i gave an example in this regard in the "hardest setup" on SM), there's no issue in this regard, those managers that arrive late to setups can't expect/nor ever will have a right to sign top prospects that were added before they entered the gameworld, they will already be gone regardless.

Alll you do with sqaudcap is hinder those that buy more youths than others (they can only buy all the best ones if you/someone else don't sign them first) or allow the other active 3 or 4 managers in the gameworld (youth signing wise) to land some of these players themself.

i've gone into specific detail before with regards what happens with squad cap, if your argument comes down to wanting 15 youth players per team then this shows how little a grasp you have how people play this game other than you.

Can I honestly ask you whewn you joined in 2008 what 15 16/18 year old players would you have signed as prospects? even if you had landed them all what is their rating now 4/5 years down the line?

Do they come close to improving your barce or real? or even a much smaller team? how many of those 15 would be 89? 91/92 & 93+

your suggestions just take away completly one's ability to achieve a 93+ future team by buying prospects, your just so up yourself with your i only need to sign 15 youths, because I can tell that a 16 year old is the real deal by reading some reports by the players coachs/club ∨ media outlets.

if love to know what 15' 16/17 year olds (who have not played any first team action) you think will achieve 93+ on SM in the future, id reckon you would be so horribly off

i'm off here now for real, over a week has gone since my last serious post of the effects sqaud cap would have & no1 has shown me a viable alternative to my analysis or shown what i've said to not be factual.

If those that still want sqaud cap think that it will have the effects which they claim in gameworlds but also think it won't hinder the freedom to play & enjoy SM wether you're a big or small club then by all means debate away but IMO you're wasting yoour time, this discussion starting off with the issue of too many 89+ at teams, when i showd sqaud cap has little effect in this regard than it moved to it's not fair someone is alowd 200 porpsects on their team

thats all this thread is about now, someone having 200 propspects on their team & anyway 0.000001 or something of clubs on SM have this amount of prospects anyway.

it's not an issue, good bye.

I have a massive squad off young players but I have a few rules that I play by myself. Firstly my average age of my first team is 22. I sell all players as soon as they reach 25 or sooner..I love trawling the forums etc and trying to find the future. If they put on a squad cap I would be forced to go for the same players as everybody else, rather than gambling on dirt cheap players making it. There will always be managers wanting the Man utds etc and the superstars that come with them. My two teams are Bradford and Sheffield utd that over the years I have built up and now both sides are pretty world class, and as I said my Main team Sheffield has nobody over 25....So what I am really tryin to say is it depends how u want to play the game.. If the rules needed to be changed then how about putting a cap on superstars. Say no more than 15, 90 plus players in your squad. That would let us develop our youngsters and sell them on once they reached maturity