1 member has voted

1. 1.

• No
    • Capped at 50
    • Capped at 100
    • Capped at 150
    • Capped at 200

Re: Squad Sizes

You settle for 90+ if you want m8' date=' but that wont bring you close to the best teams in any gameworld.

i'm going to match/beat the barce'real etc with my small teams

You have no chance to achieve 15 (you need more anyway) 93/94+ from 15 spaces, that's ridiculos and impossible least for a less active devoted manager (most of SM is less devoted)

if you can sign 15 16/17 year olds based what you read on the internet, 1st of all your a chancer 2nd to get 15 of these players you signed at age 16/17 for them all to get 93/94+ is outstanding ignorence if you can acheive this however fair play to you if you can, you will have saved alot of time and cash aswell as after signing your 15 prospects in the first month of playing SM for the next 5/6 years etc etc you would have no room to sign anyone, no-one would have room room to sign anyone & in gc's you would never-never never be able to get those 93/94 players as because everyone had stupit sqaud cap they would all be going for the "super talents" the way it is now any team can get the super talents with the right tactics deployed, sqaud cap would result in the big clubs now like barce/real etc not being able to land these super talents because they get outbid by smaller clubs

Squad cap achieves noting, it hinders many, it stops people from making transfers daily, after a few months in any setup and no-1 would have any space left to invest in youths/buy risers, buy new squad & first team players players, buy those players that are older but rising from 86/88 to 90+ & 1% of players on the database would be an unmanaged clubs.

You only want to make it so impossible for the smaller clubs to reach the bigger teams using youth prospects, while the rest of SM (as shown by yourself) can reach such heights easily as things are by buying risers etc etc..

Anyway why am i here, i've shown squad cap to be a non topic, if you feel it is then post away like the others for another 6 years, you continue to ignore my anylsis of the situation & instead come up with own your grand delusions that 15 youth players per team is 1) viable/makes SM better/more fun & 2) realistic

neither is correct & it achieves noting.

your issue also seems to be a lack of (top)youths for other managers, top prospects are added every month on SM, new managers to gameworlds can compete to get such players (i gave an example in this regard in the "hardest setup" on SM), there's no issue in this regard, those managers that arrive late to setups can't expect/nor ever will have a right to sign top prospects that were added before they entered the gameworld, they will already be gone regardless.

Alll you do with sqaudcap is hinder those that buy more youths than others (they can only buy all the best ones if you/someone else don't sign them first) or allow the other active 3 or 4 managers in the gameworld (youth signing wise) to land some of these players themself.

i've gone into specific detail before with regards what happens with squad cap, if your argument comes down to wanting 15 youth players per team then this shows how little a grasp you have how people play this game other than you.

Can I honestly ask you whewn you joined in 2008 what 15 16/18 year old players would you have signed as prospects? even if you had landed them all what is their rating now 4/5 years down the line?

Do they come close to improving your barce or real? or even a much smaller team? how many of those 15 would be 89? 91/92 & 93+

your suggestions just take away completly one's ability to achieve a 93+ future team by buying prospects, your just so up yourself with your i only need to sign 15 youths, because I can tell that a 16 year old is the real deal by reading some reports by the players coachs/club ∨ media outlets.

if love to know what 15' 16/17 year olds (who have not played any first team action) you think will achieve 93+ on SM in the future, id reckon you would be so horribly off

i'm off here now for real, over a week has gone since my last serious post of the effects sqaud cap would have & no1 has shown me a viable alternative to my analysis or shown what i've said to not be factual.

If those that still want sqaud cap think that it will have the effects which they claim in gameworlds but also think it won't hinder the freedom to play & enjoy SM wether you're a big or small club then by all means debate away but IMO you're wasting yoour time, this discussion starting off with the issue of too many 89+ at teams, when i showd sqaud cap has little effect in this regard than it moved to it's not fair someone is alowd 200 porpsects on their team

thats all this thread is about now, someone having 200 propspects on their team & anyway 0.000001 or something of clubs on SM have this amount of prospects anyway.

it's not an issue, good bye.[/quote']

Listen I am not hear to harp on you or lie about how I get my team. There is no need for that, because it will come and bite you in your foot. Like I said, I buy my 10 youths and 10 risers on top of my 15 man squad and in 3-5 years will still have a team 90+ rating down the road. The way I achieve that is by doing research on players I want, and decide whether or not based upon what I read if it is worth it to get them. To have an elite squad of 95+ players down the road will be tough, because not that many players in the future will achieve those ratings. Youth today have a hard time reaching 95+, and its like a 0.001% chance they will. For example Balotelli should be at 92 or 93 right now, but he still a 90; therefore, it be hard for him to get close to 95 anytime soon. El Sharawwy should be at 90-91 but he is an 89. If Courtoiis just hit 90, Terstegen should be there as well, but no he is 89. Its harder now to find risers who will hit 95+; therefore, by amassing a squad of 90-92 players it is still an elite team in my eyes. The Barcelona of today will never be in the future the same. Some players here and there will be big, but most will be 90-93 rating at best.

I will share with you 2 examples of how I end up with all the players I pick up hitting 89+ rating in 2-3 years based upon the 5-10 min a day I spend doing research.

#1) When world cup 2006 happened, I bought 6 German players (Ozil, Mueller, Kroos, Badstuber, Howedes, and Gotze), plus 1 dutch player (Vander Weil) and 1 Belgium player (Hazard). Within 6 months all my German Players were 90+ rating and my Dutch/Beligum players 85 rating+. Because of me doing proper scouting, my team improved. My older players in Ronaldinho, Gattuso, Totti, etc I sold off for youth or players 90+ rating (2 for 1 deals, or cash). That was the only way to go so I would not have to pay rediculous salaries for players I would not use, but at the same time still be able to make money on top of that. Most of those players are still on my team right now, and main squad rating is 93.

#2) Recently within the last year to year and a half, I bought for one of my teams the following players: Maher, Terstegen, El Shaarawy, Balotelli, Da Silva, Alcantara, and Papadopoulos. I did research on all those players. They all increase in rating by at least 1-2, with Balotelli, Papadopoulos, El Shaarawy, and Terstegen reaching 89+, and Alcantara/Maher hitting 86/85 respectively, but all are aged 22 and under. This is good because everyone except Balotelli could hit big named squads in the near future, thus raising their ratings up again. Especially Maher and Alcantara who are getting 1st time minutes in some national games. As long as you do your research you can hit every player 90+ rating in 2-3 years.

My philosophy like the other guy was saying, is to buy players under 20 years old, that I have done research on. Once they become older than 25, no matter what the rating, you get rid of them for a P/E deal (1 player 90+ rating now + 1 youth for future), or cash. If I continue with that philosophy, I will hit every time, and not need to spend as much to get great teams.

Look at this... In 6-7 seasons with Chelsea, I have won the league 3 times, runner up 3 times, and am in 5th this year due to tougher opponents, and more managers joining league. I have won Charity shield 3 times, plus shield twice, and if I am not mistaken a cup too. My average age for my players is 23-24, and their average rating is 92-93 depending on who I play. The team bank is at $300m+, and if you look at my youth squad, average age is 20 with average rating of 88. My system works, and there is no fault at that. The problem I have is it was hard getting those players in the first please, because I needed to do alot of wheeling and dealing for that to happen. But I started with 25 players and $50 mill.

This year I took on 2 other teams Leicester and Benfica. Benfica I took it over when it was in 20th place, and now it is 1st by 10 pts. I started with 21 players and also had a hard time wheeling and dealing to make money/get players. But now am at 25 players plus increased my bank from 20m to 70m. Leicester I also took over when it was in 20th spot, and now is in 11th. That team also I found it hard to get players because market was so saturated that not too many players over 85 rating. That is a key component why I think squad cap should be implemented. Because unless you already have 2-3 stars which you could swap for other players, its hard to get some on the open market, especially for certain positions.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Squad Sizes Feeling a bit despondent about all of this and whether SM is actually worth playing anymore. The fun has been ripped out of the game for me and fellow coaches don't understand my stra

Collia, Im not going to deny you the fact that your post wasn't a good read and it was, my arguement would be if a squad cap was put into place this is what would happen to my team. At the moment i have about 150 youth team players and 400m in the bank. If i was to sell those players i would have about 1000m in cash. What else am i meant to do with that money ? My chairman value dictates that i can't bid very high for the top rated players and i can't buy anyone. I still think that as long as it is financial possible to sustain my team, which i can, i should be allowed to buy as many youth players as i can afford to buy. Its not my fault i've pulled ahead in my setup, my squad is close to 1 billion in value and i am proud of that. Just today i bought De Gea for 15m of a unmanaged side, He would be my 3rd choice GK, i bought him because he became available, any other mananger in my setup could have out bid me, any other mananger could have bought him but they were too slow. I just feel the amount of time you put into your team is directly proportional to how well you do and i feel that manangers who play for 10 minutes a week and cant compete with the full time manangers look for ways to close the gap without actually doing something besides moaning.

Listen I am not hear to harp on you or lie about how I get my team. There is no need for that' date=' because it will come and bite you in your foot. Like I said, I buy my 10 youths and 10 risers on top of my 15 man squad and in 3-5 years will still have a team 90+ rating down the road. The way I achieve that is by doing research on players I want, and decide whether or not based upon what I read if it is worth it to get them. To have an elite squad of 95+ players down the road will be tough, because not that many players in the future will achieve those ratings. Youth today have a hard time reaching 95+, and its like a 0.001% chance they will. For example Balotelli should be at 92 or 93 right now, but he still a 90; therefore, it be hard for him to get close to 95 anytime soon. El Sharawwy should be at 90-91 but he is an 89. If Courtoiis just hit 90, Terstegen should be there as well, but no he is 89. Its harder now to find risers who will hit 95+; therefore, by amassing a squad of 90-92 players it is still an elite team in my eyes. The Barcelona of today will never be in the future the same. Some players here and there will be big, but most will be 90-93 rating at best.

I will share with you 2 examples of how I end up with all the players I pick up hitting 89+ rating in 2-3 years based upon the 5-10 min a day I spend doing research.

#1) When world cup 2006 happened, I bought 6 German players (Ozil, Mueller, Kroos, Badstuber, Howedes, and Gotze), plus 1 dutch player (Vander Weil) and 1 Belgium player (Hazard). Within 6 months all my German Players were 90+ rating and my Dutch/Beligum players 85 rating+. Because of me doing proper scouting, my team improved. My older players in Ronaldinho, Gattuso, Totti, etc I sold off for youth or players 90+ rating (2 for 1 deals, or cash). That was the only way to go so I would not have to pay rediculous salaries for players I would not use, but at the same time still be able to make money on top of that. Most of those players are still on my team right now, and main squad rating is 93.

#2) Recently within the last year to year and a half, I bought for one of my teams the following players: Maher, Terstegen, El Shaarawy, Balotelli, Da Silva, Alcantara, and Papadopoulos. I did research on all those players. They all increase in rating by at least 1-2, with Balotelli, Papadopoulos, El Shaarawy, and Terstegen reaching 89+, and Alcantara/Maher hitting 86/85 respectively, but all are aged 22 and under. This is good because everyone except Balotelli could hit big named squads in the near future, thus raising their ratings up again. Especially Maher and Alcantara who are getting 1st time minutes in some national games. As long as you do your research you can hit every player 90+ rating in 2-3 years.

My philosophy like the other guy was saying, is to buy players under 20 years old, that I have done research on. Once they become older than 25, no matter what the rating, you get rid of them for a P/E deal (1 player 90+ rating now + 1 youth for future), or cash. If I continue with that philosophy, I will hit every time, and not need to spend as much to get great teams.

Look at this... In 6-7 seasons with Chelsea, I have won the league 3 times, runner up 3 times, and am in 5th this year due to tougher opponents, and more managers joining league. I have won Charity shield 3 times, plus shield twice, and if I am not mistaken a cup too. My average age for my players is 23-24, and their average rating is 92-93 depending on who I play. The team bank is at $300m+, and if you look at my youth squad, average age is 20 with average rating of 88. My system works, and there is no fault at that. The problem I have is it was hard getting those players in the first please, because I needed to do alot of wheeling and dealing for that to happen. But I started with 25 players and $50 mill.

This year I took on 2 other teams Leicester and Benfica. Benfica I took it over when it was in 20th place, and now it is 1st by 10 pts. I started with 21 players and also had a hard time wheeling and dealing to make money/get players. But now am at 25 players plus increased my bank from 20m to 70m. Leicester I also took over when it was in 20th spot, and now is in 11th. That team also I found it hard to get players because market was so saturated that not too many players over 85 rating. That is a key component why I think squad cap should be implemented. Because unless you already have 2-3 stars which you could swap for other players, its hard to get some on the open market, especially for certain positions.[/quote']

why do you sell players when they get to 25? its a bit of a daft strategy to be honest. I think Shelbourne is complaining because he is in tough setups where it isnt possible to buy players like thiago and erikksen as there is too much competition for players which is why he hoards hundreds of players and hopes that some will one day become world beaters. its lazy management imo as it takes no skill when it comes to deciding which players are actually worth keeping

What your failing to see is not even teams like Chelsea can afford 30 players 90+ rating' date=' 10 players 85-89 rating, and 10 players 77-84 rating. Why is that? Because wages will be too high and unless you already banked 300m+ you can't keep those players.

Lets take this for example, min wages for a 90+ rated player is 35,000 a turn, min wages for someone 85-89 is like 15,000, and min wages for someone 77-84 is like 5,000. This is all based upon rough averages, which could be higher or lower by a couple thousand.

So you have 30 players 90+, so 35,000 x 30 = 1,050,000

So you have 10 players 85-89, so 15,000 x 10 = 150,000

So you have 10 players 77-84, so 5,000 x 10 = 50,000

Don't forget grounds crew and other expenses about another 250,000 or so.

Total you get 1,500,000 a turn just in wages. Away games you would be losing at least $500,000 and at home making about $500,000. So evens out, but then as players increase ratings, they would request more $$$, therefore contracts get renegotiated or you lose out. Also wages per turn increase, thus losing you money after a while. No way could you hold those figures.

You would need 15 players 90+ rating, 10 players 80-89 rating, and 15 players 77-79 rating, just to make profit. Extra 10 slots could be filled up anytime, but you still would lose out if you bough more high rated players.

In reality most teams, even the Chelsea's would then have to sell some big named guys to shed salaries, which means smaller teams can bid on those players.[/quote']

EXACTLY!

This scheme will barely generate any money and this is a 50 capped scheme. Try to make the calculations on teams that have a 100, 200, or 255 and you'll come to the same conclusion. It's not a favorable scheme to use. It's barely sustainable.

So what's the point of asking for caps then!?

That was exactly my point. It's not about a squad size cap.

Also, I'm interested to know what you guys think about the other ideas in my previous post.

EXACTLY!

This scheme will barely generate any money and this is a 50 capped scheme. Try to make the calculations on teams that have a 100' date=' 200, or 255 and you'll come to the same conclusion. It's not a favorable scheme to use. It's barely sustainable.

So what's the point of asking for caps then!?

That was exactly my point. It's [b']not [/b]about a squad size cap.

Also, I'm interested to know what you guys think about the other ideas in my previous post.

My point is that the big named players would have to be shipped out to other clubs, thus giving smaller clubs chances at picking up players such as Pique, Ozil, etc, because bigger clubs cant keep all of them. Then smaller clubs become more competitive, and game becomes more challenging to win but alot more fun to play. The Point is squad caps allow for allocation of players to many teams instead of a handful of teams. Instead of 3-5 teams owning 75% of the players on the database, now 15+ teams do.

why do you sell players when they get to 25? its a bit of a daft strategy to be honest. I think Shelbourne is complaining because he is in tough setups where it isnt possible to buy players like thiago and erikksen as there is too much competition for players which is why he hoards hundreds of players and hopes that some will one day become world beaters. its lazy management imo as it takes no skill when it comes to deciding which players are actually worth keeping

Everyone has a price, whether it be for cash or a P/E deal. It is just that some managers are stubborn enough to let concerns get to level 5, in order to make it easier for themselves to win the league over and over again. If squad caps were reduced, then maybe guys like Shels would be able to pick up those players he wanted because bigger teams could not keep all their players. Plus I dont think he is complaining about not getting players, I think he says reducing squad caps has no effect on game world competitive, and no effect on being able to find the risers, but I argue otherwise that large squad caps do affect it, because smaller teams can't compete.

I sell players once they hit 25 if and only if I have someone to replace him that is younger. Otherwise I trade him for a player + youth i want for the future. Reason why I do that is because i am always keeping my team young and average rating 92. I find I always beat average rating teams 95+, and don't have any problems. It seems to me that the younger the team is, the better they do, even if it actually isn't so.

don't see any problem whit squad limiet...how manny managers leave the GW ..not that the can find players,but the won't all these 90+ players,who are all ready take.

empl. have one team for the 5 season, when I have take it, I can not buy anyone from 89 or 89+...so do you leave or do you stay...I stay, have bought these talent youngh players from 85-86-87..these who nobody won't..have play whit these..now my team have about 150 players ...yup a lot but only a few are 90+others 90-89-88-a less...but a lot more than 120 players are youngh players who nobody have bought in these 5 season long..but now whit these new up-date's have a lot of players who are 89-90...so I keep the best and sell the others,and find me again some youngh talent players from 60 to 78...is just how you see it, and if you have the will power to several seasons to play with something inferior players, know that within so many seasons you have a lot of talents where you can choose from, these who all other managers not wanted, and terrible increment prices offer on these 90 + players but now everyone wants these young talents , these belong to the top now, and now they realize that they have made ​​a mistake somewhere with no young players to buy, since they only have 90 + players wanted .. there I picking me now the fruit of the tree , and this white not say that I belong at the bottom, 1 times won the championship,2x times the smfa-championschip-1 time the cup and super cup... and always finished in the top 5 ... and at least 3 season long without a single 90 + player.

My strongest player Falcao is now 94, ​​a pair of 92 and a pair of 91 .. all the rest 90 or 89 .. and still think that young players play better than those of 90 + .. I have more than enough experience whit these youngh players gained.

's about what you want and what you can, the will to persevere with the options out there, not everyone has a barca team, I also not .. I started small in all my worlds, have no world drop because I can not buy players, have been patient, and now after a few season, everyone suddenly want all my players .who i have bought for only a few k's.;)

Colli i have these said smaller clubs, i've built them up & now on paper they can't be considered small clubs.

Bigger clubs and or teams that had an option to hold 255 players never stoped me from building my teams, it's not a difficult thing to do, scout the internet to get info on players wether young or not so young to decide wether we would like to sign them (before everyone else) and use forums such as this one to get help from other mangers, people complain about the new players added thread but in reality it shows how sharing people are within this community to others that may or may not be in the same gameworlds as them.

Putting a squad cap is simply not necessary, it's only necessary for those that don't want a challange and are lazy (from a competitive gaming standpoint), those people can & will anyway eventually leave clubs just to manage barce real etc which they can find or buy..

It's having so many of these mega clubs which are available to buy that results in less people in setups & finding/staying in setups

Naturally more often or not they will be behind in that gameworld, as others have been working on their teams, people all the time leave good gameworlds even if they have liverpool or united or teams with good players.

New setups are more attractive to managers for various reasons, less experienced managers, new up to date roosters, fresh start etc etc

Even popular clubs like liverpool in gameworlds & clubs like fenerbache galatasaray athletic club, thru out gold champs all these teams are being left unmanaged and picked of their top players and talents.

There's a real issue on SM & that's that there's not a demand for older clubs, for all the unmanaged derby countys or stuttgarts those sides are more likly to be taken over by supporters of those clubs, new setups are more attractive for the reasons I mentioned above aswell as even if there was a good derby side unmanaged more than likly the club will already have been striped of there good players.

If SM continues not to attract supporters of each club to SM aswell as not changing how gameworlds are created right now then noting is likly to change..

I don't think anything will change, new members to SM should be entitled to take over a new derby etc and SM proberly outweigh'd the decision of being able to generate a good income from new setups & giving people an option of taking over a new derby over not generating this income, stoping people from taking new derbys/new setups & anticipating than an X number of managers will remain in any given setup over the course of time anyway.

Stupit post' date=' if you think i don't spend time scouting then how can i build up tiny teams in gold champs with virtually all my sqaud consisting of players i bought as teenagers rated in the 70's

how many others play the game that way? to such a degree were most my squads are built up entirly from buying youth prospects, don't make yourself look stupit making such comments, just because i have 100to200 (depending) youth teams players at my club doesn't mean i don't scout, get a grip of yourself, you only want these top* prospect players for yourself/others new to gameworlds but like i've shown these players would already have been signed by the managers that also bid when i bid and won, These players will never become be reserved* for new managers entering an old gameworld, sqaud cap makes little difference in regard to clubs having x number 89+ on their sqaud.

How many teenagers have been added to SM in the last 6 years? in any one team i have max 200 of them, do the calculations, don't be ignorent calling me a lazy hoarder dont scout etc etc

GET THE FACTS!!

if people can't see truth in my argument then they ought to tell me what would actually happen in such circumstance.

& collia you were ranting on how you were easily able to attain top players within 2/3 years (you backed up my argument when i said that 255 players currently doesn't stop managers from competing), but then you moaned at "how hard" you had to work to achieve this.. why do you want it much easier?? why do you want to level up everthing were skill is concernd in one instance but in another you ask for more competitve gameworlds?

Maybe for you 3 years is too long and hard for you to sign ozil etc but for me it's 6 years and counting and i'm happy with alcantera rui patricio ganso yanga bwiwa hernandez etc

problim is your just greedy, want an easier game (not more competitve) as you want bettter players available sooner/if not straight away, this option is available on SM, it's called buy a barce or real madrid.

The game as it is, is not diffucult, you can view risers talents inform players etc etc in the forum with a little bit of time and good management you can build up your team both in 88+ players and prospects, having maybe 1 or 2 clubs with large sqauds of youths doesn't hinder your progress, i'm sure there's plenty of setups available were maybe not so many prospects have been picked up, but more competitve gameworlds they will be gone, everyone has different tactics but even joining competitve gameworlds you can compete, the more competitve a gameworld the harder you will have to work and the longer it will take but there's ways even in the hardest of setups to achieve results fast if your tactically sound.

I'm not one of those tactically sound managers in the harder setups, i manage my teams much the same way in buying players as youths and hopefully having them for life in my team, i'm not threat to anyone using my resouces to invest rather than going for iniesta or ozil's now, but allow me 15 youths players then i have no option but to go for the top players now as the altervative doesn't exist as a means.

That's all sqaud cap does, stops those managers from buying 70 rated teenagers & everyone goes for the 90+ full hog while all the managed teams in the gameworld have simalar youth prospectus, so much for sqaud cap making managers have to "scout harder" it only would result all clubs having good prospects on their team.. sounds nice but in essence takes away any skill in playing the game & leaves the scouting of future prospects & 82/84/86 rated players not down to one's abilty to scout but rather the inabilty of them as a manager to take advantage of a player being available due to a small cap.

Stupit post' date=' if you think i don't spend time scouting then how can i build up tiny teams in gold champs with virtually all my sqaud consisting of players i bought as teenagers rated in the 70's

[b']I never said you dont take time scouting. I said it is lazy management as you have to buy hundreds of players to get a good team which the vast majority of people do not as they can judge whether a player is actually worth keeping or not.[/b]

how many others play the game that way? to such a degree were most my squads are built up entirly from buying youth prospects, don't make yourself look stupit making such comments, just because i have 100to200 (depending) youth teams players at my club doesn't mean i don't scout & ANYWAY if i had rubbish on my team why would you care? get a grip of yourself, you only want these top* prospect players for yourself/others new to gameworlds but like i've shown these players would already have been signed by the managers that also bid when i bid and won, These players will never become be reserved* for new managers entering an old gameworld, sqaud cap makes little difference in regard to clubs having x number 89+ on their sqaud.

I dont care if you have rubbish in your team, I never said I do. With the amount of players you have and the amount of years it has taken you it isnt that special to have a good team, anyone could do it if they just bought hundreds of players and waited years for them to develop.

im sorry but youve embarrassed yourself by being so defensive over your transfer strategy. ANYONE can get a good team if they spend years on the game and keep every prospect they sign, it takes no skill whatsoever and doesnt show that you are a good manager at all. It shows that you dont know when a player needs to be sold if you have to have so many players.

And yes there are a lot of teenagers but 99% arent worth signing so yes having over 200 is still hoarding

im sorry but youve embarrassed yourself by being so defensive over your transfer strategy. ANYONE can get a good team if they spend years on the game and keep every prospect they sign' date=' it takes no skill whatsoever and doesnt show that you are a good manager at all. It shows that you dont know when a player needs to be sold if you have to have so many players.[/quote']

nonsense, on so many levels

if i keep every prospect i sign & attain a good team years ahead then i scouted well, i scouted these players from every youngster added to the game in the last 6 years

I scout 200 max players from possibly 10,000 teens added (duno the number) and believe it or not i actually make bad signings sometimes and i do infact have to sell a player on due to him not being all that good. :eek: never :rolleyes: me?

if it shows that i dont know when a player need to be sold, well it doesn't because i do sell players

your argument that allowing managers have 200 spaces for youths, makes it easy to scout :confused: you seem to think we have such non-limited resouces in terms of squad space that we can sign whatever teen is added to the game and we will have a super future ahead, what aload of tosh.

ridiculos logic.

how many others play the game that way? to such a degree were most my squads are built up entirly from buying youth prospects, don't make yourself look stupit making such comments, just because i have 100to200 (depending) youth teams players at my club doesn't mean i don't scout, get a grip of yourself, you only want these top* prospect players for yourself/others new to gameworlds but like i've shown these players would already have been signed by the managers that also bid when i bid and won, These players will never become be reserved* for new managers entering an old gameworld, sqaud cap makes little difference in regard to clubs having x number 89+ on their sqaud.

How many teenagers have been added to SM in the last 6 years? in any one team i have max 200 of them, do the calculations, don't be ignorent calling me a lazy hoarder dont scout etc etc

GET THE FACTS!!

if people can't see truth in my argument then they ought to tell me what would actually happen in such circumstance.

& collia you were ranting on how you were easily able to attain top players within 2/3 years (you backed up my argument when i said that 255 players currently doesn't stop managers from competing), but then you moaned at "how hard" you had to work to achieve this.. why do you want it much easier?? why do you want to level up everthing were skill is concernd in one instance but in another you ask for more competitve gameworlds?

Maybe for you 3 years is too long and hard for you to sign ozil etc but for me it's 6 years and counting and i'm happy with alcantera rui patricio ganso yanga bwiwa hernandez etc

problim is your just greedy, want an easier game (not more competitve) as you want bettter players available sooner/if not straight away, this option is available on SM, it's called buy a barce or real madrid.

The game as it is, is not diffucult, you can view risers talents inform players etc etc in the forum with a little bit of time and good management you can build up your team both in 88+ players and prospects, having maybe 1 or 2 clubs with large sqauds of youths doesn't hinder your progress, i'm sure there's plenty of setups available were maybe not so many prospects have been picked up, but more competitve gameworlds they will be gone, everyone has different tactics but even joining competitve gameworlds you can compete, the more competitve a gameworld the harder you will have to work and the longer it will take but there's ways even in the hardest of setups to achieve results fast if your tactically sound.

I'm not one of those tactically sound managers in the harder setups, i manage my teams much the same way in buying players as youths and hopefully having them for life in my team, i'm not threat to anyone using my resouces to invest rather than going for iniesta or ozil's now, but allow me 15 youths players then i have no option but to go for the top players now as the altervative doesn't exist as a means.

That's all sqaud cap does, stops those managers from buying 70 rated teenagers & everyone goes for the 90+ full hog while all the managed teams in the gameworld have simalar youth prospectus, so much for sqaud cap making managers have to "scout harder" it only would result all clubs having good prospects on their team.. sounds nice but in essence takes away any skill in playing the game & leaves the scouting of future prospects & 82/84/86 rated players not down to one's abilty to scout but rather the inabilty of them as a manager to take advantage of a player being available due to a small cap.

I'm not greedy it is hard as it is to get players right now. By reducing squad sizes, there are more free players to choose from. Instead of getting players in 3-5 years to hit 90+, I could now spend 2-3 years, but face tougher competition because other people can do the same. When you reduce squad sizes, players get dispersed, and more teams can pick them up instead of a handful. Thus making a team like Chelsea lose a guy like Ozil to the likes of a Leicester, which boosts Leicester up drastically. Thus making it tougher for me to compete against that team.

I have already stated above why its not feasible to have 30 players 90+ rating on 1 team, with 10 players 85-89, and 10 under 85 rating. You would not be able to make much money on risers, but at the same time would be paying exponentially higher wages, in which sooner or later players will develop concerns (lack of games), and be put on transfer market. By reducing the squad sizes to lets say 50, it would then force managers to scout in this way....15 main squad players 90+ rating, 15 youth players, and 20 risers. Thus being able to maintain a healthy profit per turn and not hog all the best players. Thus allowing smaller teams to get guys like Ozil, Mueller, Higuain, etc. Making their teams stronger and makes the game world more competitive.

Just answer this question for me. Why then does 61% of forumners think a squad cap is needed? This is because most managers like yourself buy any player they can get their hands on, but at the same time let concerns run up like crazy. That is not proper scouting, and like I said if you hit a player here and there doesn't mean anything. Plus I don't buy it that managers who have 255 players spent their time researching 5-10 min a day for each and every player they have.

Sorry your post is total rubbish from start to finish, they very fact that you talk about squad cap allowing smaller teams to get the ozils & hiquiens etc more easily shows what your only concern is.

Getting the very top players easily.. that's all you're interested in seeing the game become, SM won't offer that in existing setups because you can easily buy that team from them.

Whoever has the messi's iniesta's ozil's etc then they have them because the managers that were competing with at the time dient sign them, that's what you inherit when you take over an old club, a gameworld history, if i was to go into a random standard or even gold champ gameworld i'm pretty sure within a few months id have plenty of top prospects and be going places.

you talk about wanting the gameworlds being more competitve by arguing that smaller clubs should have the better players, for one the smaller clubs you mention can have these players now, if your a good enough manager & regardless it shows your only concern is were the 94+ players lay, your logic of gameworld competiveness is making the game easier for smaller clubs to attain top players quicker, were i stand in reality that's making it less competitive, no skill level whatsoever required.

I wouldn't take too much from that poll, especially if they have your opinion of what effect squad effect will have, they were simply thinking big like you.

I only completly disagree with your logic on this issue, it's quiet simple i have put forward my views on the matter, you have done likewise, much of what you say if not every single statement you make for me is incorrect.

& I don't have to answer you any questions, especially when you make idiotic statements like this

Plus I don't buy it that managers who have 255 players spent their time researching 5-10 min a day for each and every player they have.

was that your answer in response to my question of

How many teenagers have been added to SM in the last 6 years? in any one team i have max 200 of them' date=' do the calculations, don't be ignorent calling me a lazy hoarder dont scout etc etc [/color']

you see, had you thaught about answering my question, you would have never had to make that stupit statement.

I've given a good account of what would happen in such casses of a cap, everyone is entitled to there own opinion but quiet clearly both of our understanding of the game lies on different paths.

I would be happy to have a smaller squad and spread the good players around more in my gameworld' date=' so why not make players get less fatigued and able to play more games then I would not need so many players. Is this too simple a solution[/quote']

To be fair tho, if you have a squad of say, 25ish players .. all with a decent rating that won't cripple your team too much when you swap them around.

You can pretty much play with your original XI throughout an entire season (In a top division) while using your backups to play in cup games and when someone is injured (or less important games)

That said, buying risers, keeping hold of em and selling them for a huge profit is one of the best aspects of this game.

Besides, the argument in this thread is that having squad caps makes the game MORE realistic, removing player fatigue makes it less realistic imo.

Sorry your post is total rubbish from start to finish' date=' they very fact that you talk about squad cap allowing smaller teams to get the ozils & hiquiens etc more easily shows what your only concern is.

Getting the very top players easily.. that's all you're interested in seeing the game become, SM won't offer that in existing setups because you can easily buy that team from them.

Whoever has the messi's iniesta's ozil's etc then they have them because the managers that were competing with at the time dient sign them, that's what you inherit when you take over an old club, a gameworld history, if i was to go into a random standard or even gold champ gameworld i'm pretty sure within a few months id have plenty of top prospects and be going places.

you talk about wanting the gameworlds being more competitve by arguing that smaller clubs should have the better players, for one the smaller clubs you mention can have these players now, if your a good enough manager & regardless it shows your only concern is were the 94+ players lay, your logic of gameworld competiveness is making the game easier for smaller clubs to attain top players quicker, were i stand in reality that's making it less competitive, no skill level whatsoever required.

I wouldn't take too much from that poll, especially if they have your opinion of what effect squad effect will have, they were simply thinking big like you.

I only completly disagree with your logic on this issue, it's quiet simple i have put forward my views on the matter, you have done likewise, much of what you say if not every single statement you make for me is incorrect.

& I don't have to answer you any questions, especially when you make idiotic statements like this

was that your answer in response to my question of

[i']How many teenagers have been added to SM in the last 6 years? in any one team i have max 200 of them, do the calculations, don't be ignorent calling me a lazy hoarder dont scout etc etc [/i]

you see, had you thaught about answering my question, you would have never had to make that stupit statement.

I've given a good account of what would happen in such casses of a cap, everyone is entitled to there own opinion but quiet clearly both of our understanding of the game lies on different paths.

Well i guess 60% of the formuners agree that a squad cap is needed and your not one of them.

What you fail to get is that sooner or later smaller teams will end up getting the Ozil's and Higuain's due to concerns anyways. By decreasing squad sizes, instead of managers waiting till lvl 5 concerns, they can get rid of some stars earlier which allows for smaller teams to have a chance at greatly improving their teams. I would rather have squad sizes decrease by 2/3 of what it is now than increasing salaries by 3x the amount (which the devs were also thinking of doing). Also big-named risers/youth have a chance to move to smaller teams than get stuck at ManU, Chelsea, etc building up concerns. Reducing squad sizes forces managers to sell off players, and limit how many 90+ players they can have (due to wages being so high), thus moving players all over the gameworld, which makes it more competitive.

• 2 months later...

Re: Squad Caps

I think there should be a cap, or at least the option to have one in a custom world creation.

I have been in GWs before where 2 squads have over 200 players. They do not sell and so t is near impossible to gain new players for your own squads.

I think there should be a cap (or the option in custom GWs) where squads can not be larger than - say 50 or 60.

Sure, people who like to keep a large youth squad will disagree, but you cn easily have a small 25-ish man first team (any bigger and players don't get game) and then a 25 man youth team.

If this was even just an option, I would put it in every GW I create.

Me personally, I like to have no more than 28 in my main team, any who are good, but not quite good enough are loaned out, to see if they do well for a season or two, then I decide to keep or sell.

My youth team is no more than 20 - 30 and carefully selected. When a youth player hits 80, he's loaned out. When he hits 22 years old, if he is 86+ and not getting games, he is loaned again. If he is 22 and not hit 86, he is sold.

For me, this keeps it realistic. I could not possibly enjoy a squad of 100 or more.

Some people like huge squads, but they can spoil a GW in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

These posts are all 100% correct. A lack of there at least being an option for a squad cap is ruining the game to an extent. There should be a squad cap no matter what, in my opinion, as there is no decent argument for managers being able to sustain (usually easily sustain!) enormous squads of great talents and be able to pay their wages like they had quadruple the budget of Man City in real life on just with just about any team. But, since some people in the game are so absurdly for unlimited squad size, there NEEDS to be, at the very least, an option to implement a squad size if you wish in your own Game World. SM what are you waiting for?????

I was just about to buy a game world on the assumption that team sizes could be limited.

I despise teams with 100+ players, so I decided the best way to enjoy SM would be to buy a game world and set limit of a 30 or 40 players

Now I find out there is NO way to put a cap on rosters? :eek:

I was just about to buy a game world on the assumption that team sizes could be limited.

I despise teams with 100+ players' date=' so I decided the best way to enjoy SM would be to buy a game world and set limit of a 30 or 40 players

Now I find out there is NO way to put a cap on rosters? :eek:[/quote']

This is something which we will consider introducing to Custom Game Worlds in the near future :)

This is something which we will consider introducing to Custom Game Worlds in the near future :)

You should introduce it everywhere. Squad sizes is the biggest reason that most gameworlds are almost empty. I tried joining older GW and everywhere i look i see teams with 200+ squad roster. Thats just absolutely ridiculous.